Dynalowrider

@Alexis I do believe you are right. Raising and lowering the clickers in the loop does change the temp. On a recent project the little glass cup got moved a little and the cap didn't heat to temp. Put it back where it was supposed to be, and it raised the temp.

Folks when I'm on here I in no way intend to post a newbie post to old hands. Most times I'm feeling good and don't pay attention to who I'm posting to. I'm just trying to be nice and share my knowledge. I do not mean to offend anyone. I apologize if I have not recognized you in my stunken-drupper. Doc

Just sharing the research.

sirwalter

If you were doing a dab, would you dab at 385F like flower?

I'm not confused why it needs a higher temp- I'm just pointing out in my experience the coil clearly needs one.

Hi there. Actually, this may be adjustable, depending on the model of Induction heater. When my own Pipes Jarhead IH arrived in 2016, it was damaged en route. The plastic that was fixed to the underside of the lid and holding the glass tube and coil had snapped.

It wasn't easy fix to glue it back together onto the lid however there was something amiss with performance and after showing photographs to Pipes, he concluded that the glass tube has moved inside the coil.

I learnt that depending on how deeply the glass tube sits in the coil which is adjustable you will get a varying length of time to the Click and the longer it takes to click when the Tube is inserted deeper down inside the coil the further up the cap the heat is applied leading to a higher temperature hit.

When my tube is much closer to the top almost poking out the click is more immediate but yields far less vapour and it is more necessary to go several seconds past the Click.

And vice versa. So for the dynacoil, it may help to push the glass tube deeper down inside the coil to get heat further down the cap and tip.

I've also found changing the size of the dowel above the button on pipes induction heaters changes how deep into the tip you are heating.

Vaporware

I’m not a heavy concentrate user at this point, but I have loaded the coil at least 5 times (small-medium amounts) and I haven’t cleaned it yet.

There may be some taste coming through from the previous loads, but nothing burned or bad that makes me want to hurry up and clean it. I’m pretty sure a simple iso soak or a round with an ultrasonic cleaner would take care of it without much trouble though.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I worry that the extra metal mass of the Dynacoil may put extra strain on these induction heaters, and possibly cause an early electronic failure. Anyone here that knows more about the tech that knows if that is a reasonable worry or not?

I feel like I remember reading not to put anything except a Dynavap tip into these IH's because they are calibrated for the specific metal mass of the Dynavap tips & caps, and anything more could cause damage. I could be misremembering though.

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
I blocked the carb on my M a couple weeks ago and I've been loving it. It's so much more convenient. One hand until the cap clicks in my IH, pop it into my mouth and I'm hands-free! My wife requested I set hers up this way, too, after today's deep cleaning session. :tup:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
The M is a little heavy for me to dangle out of my mouth like a cig, but the Ti and wood stems I do occasionally.
I use a plug-in mostly, however I use a “M” for a joint like experience but healthier!
Health is your HEALTH!
If your not healthy your not weathly some surfer said to me while waiting for a wave?

If you’re scared don’t get a “M”?

Why would you want NIRVANA?
Kurt died young!

If I was rich as heck?

The “M” is so nice for some!

Last edited:

caliganja420

Anyone have a fluxer deluxe? Just received mine amd would like to know a few tips. First hit is always minimal and 3rd hit is huge. 1 full bowl lasts 3 hits. Also, i wait 3 seconds after the click to get a nice rip
Edit: i have tried waiting 2 seconds and the bowl lasts much longer, i am getting 5-7 hits from one pack
Running to hot after 3 seconds.

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
I worry that the extra metal mass of the Dynacoil may put extra strain on these induction heaters, and possibly cause an early electronic failure. Anyone here that knows more about the tech that knows if that is a reasonable worry or not?

I feel like I remember reading not to put anything except a Dynavap tip into these IH's because they are calibrated for the specific metal mass of the Dynavap tips & caps, and anything more could cause damage. I could be misremembering though.

Post this over on Pipes thread. He'll know.

Anyone have a fluxer deluxe? Just received mine amd would like to know a few tips. First hit is always minimal and 3rd hit is huge. 1 full bowl lasts 3 hits. Also, i wait 3 seconds after the click to get a nice rip

Cross-post this on the Fluxerheater thread.

EVlL 55

Hello
I cleaned my coil using needle nose pliers and a torch.
It’s titanium...and as such is now the pretty colors Ti turns when torched.
Totally clean.
For some reason before I torched it I was apprehensive...like it would disintegrate or something...but no.

I also cleaned it by putting it in some iso...for a few hours,..rinsed it off...totally clean.

My coil initially was a little loose In a Ti tip & a SS tip.
It would just fall out pretty much...I just gave it a little squeeze and it catches fine.

...it’s a real pleasure having one dedicated to concentrates & another for flower...it can be a potent combination.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
...it’s a real pleasure having one dedicated to concentrates & another for flower...it can be a potent combination.

Think I'm actually prepping to buy a second vapcap (yet again) for just this purpose.

The coil is really sweet and it will be nice to not have to swap... Not like carrying an extra vap is really a big burden either...

Anyway, I'm thinking of using dynabuilder and making an M XL (possibly an omni body if I feel like spending extra cash to drop a little bit of weight) with a spinning MP for the extra length. Figure I should have an SS tip as well just to see the differences with the IH, but I've got the dip-n-sip with flower dialed in pretty nicely now... Any suggestions? Do we still have people making aftermarket Ti stems?

also, finally, I gotta say it again:
Induction heating is really a gamechanger. Know it's been said tons of times, but it really has revitalized my use of vapcaps. I could not imagine using a torch again, unless in a real pinch. I am sure this like enail dabs vs torch dabs, where it's all preference, and some prefer the manual nature, but the convenience (and SILENCE) is so nice. :2c:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
An EDC IH (belt friendly), and I would be all over it! :love::spliff:

(Plus, a pouch for it, with two additional pockets, one for a VapCap doob tube, and
The other for a stash tube?)

“Have VapCap, will travel”. LOL

Last edited:

started@52

An EDC IH (belt friendly), and I would be all over it! :love::spliff:

(Plus, a pouch for it, with two additional pockets, one for a VapCap doob tube, and
The other for a stash tube?)

“Have VapCap, will travel”. LOL

AF140124-61-C2-4305-AA68-E90-A2-E74-C1-A1.jpg

FC67-DD3-B-C651-48-F7-8-D7-F-DD1-FBA69-FAB3.jpg

Last edited:

Prophecy

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Like the second pic? Portside Mini
FC67-DD3-B-C651-48-F7-8-D7-F-DD1-FBA69-FAB3.jpg

Been there. Dun dat. LOL

The Mini is my fave, but still a bit of a small brick, after a while.

Need #Compact :: #Hardy :: #Lite.

(The Fluxer would be fine, iff the port was on the long axis.)

Because I am Bodhisattva

May have met your fraternal twin recently: Bodhi-Indy
LOL

(Remembering Oppenheimer, “For I have become Shiva.....”)

Last edited:
Top Bottom