1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Dynavap VapCap

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Fenton Mewley, Jul 21, 2015.

1. horst

horst horsed

I want to order the concentrate insert when it releases and wonder if I should add an actual TI Tip. Got two TI Tips at the moment and think they are 2nd & 3rd (The first with grooves for the CCD screens) Generation Tips. Would it be a huge flavour enhancement if I upgrade or did they mostly evolved in terms of heatup and cooldown time?

2. dampo

dampo Well-Known Member

thanks, I just wanted to be sure.

no difference in vapor quality, that is good.
    I'm not sure exactly that you mean by the wooden body being " not so stable " in comparison so the titanium.

ataxian, KidFated. and horst like this.
  3. horst

horst horsed

If you step on the wooden body it can break, the titanium body is almost impossible to destroy by accident.

roonsy, ataxian, KidFated. and 3 others like this.
  4. dampo

dampo Well-Known Member

oh yes, I see what you mean, this is exactly why I chose the titanium in the first place. A

5. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

your Shadow condenser is a regular length and will accommodate either a 45mm body plus a 17mm spinning mp or a 62mm stem. VonG bodies and stems are available from Dynavap. In addition you could peruse the midsections created in wood and titanium offered by our after market artists.

Check out their threads to see what they offer...

@mrb

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/mrbs-bits-n-bobs.33592/

@phattpiggie

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/phattpiggies-wood-shed.22215/page-53#post-1329789

@stardustsailor

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/custom-carbless-vapcap-ti-stems.25324/page-36#post-1344297

@Winegums

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/winegums-woodcraft.23750/page-27#post-1335240

There are also some neat products available like the:

Launch Pad and Silo from @InterplanetaryTanner
    https://www.interplanetarydevelopment.com

Vapcap Pouch from @Ratchett
    https://delta3dstudios.com/leather-vapcap-case/

Water wand by @DDave

Others may chime in on their favorite VC accessories, but these are a few suggestions.

The only difference is the midsection which does not come in contact with the vapor.

Metal can get warm faster than wood so in back to back sessions you may find the Titanium midsection will get warmer close to the tip end and the VonG midsection will fit a 14mm joint on a water piece.

Winegums, roonsy, Ramahs and 10 others like this.
  6. stark1

stark1 X-file

:cool: @ataxian you should bling (upgrade) before your creme broulle cap is toast?

Just sayin, Bro. :hmm:

—Or just get Ti tip + new cap for the enhanced out of body experience :cheers:

2018 Cap
    [​IMG]

Aggressive passive, I like that :smug:

7. Daprezz

Daprezz Well-Known Member

Wow how is this even possible? Nuclear IH?

Prophecy, KidFated., cybrguy and 3 others like this.
  8. Moses Baca

Moses Baca Well-Known Member

Lately I've been thinking that I'd like to try an Omni because I always keep the carb hole covered on my M's and it'd be nice to not have to mess with that. Yesterday, putting things back together after my weekly cleaning, I remembered someone mentioned that the lower rubber O-ring can be slid down on the condenser, effectively blocking the carb. Well I tried it and WOW! I wish I'd tried this before! It works great!

I'd still like to try an Omni someday but for now I'm totally happy with my M's! (with the BLING Ti tip, of course ;))

roonsy, Madri-Gal, seki and 13 others like this.
  9. mrb

mrb Accessory Maker

@Moses Baca The omni's don't always allow FULL carb blocking like your o-ring trick. In the past, some omni's have been able to, and some not.

It's not guaranteed. The one that don't still block it 95% just not quite the full 100%.

And all omnis ant the most wide open are not quite a wide open airflow as the std condensers. I filed mine back to get to full open airflow. I only got my omni for the simplicity and robustness. My DD vapcap now uses only one kind of o-ring (has 7of them on it in total so I can looses one or still function. Also no x-rings to accidentally lose when disassembling, plus the MP of the omni is a great screen setting tool for the ti-tips.

So I love my omni for many reasons, none of them being the adjustability :)

10. Ricardo

Ricardo Well-Known Member

I love how we're all trying to tell @ataxian what he needs :cool:.... and he sticks to his anti-bling stance :nod:. Fair enough @ataxian, but I see your photos and you seem to always use a bong so I really think you would appreciate a NonaVong. The stem is all you'd need (I think) - totally not bling and way more comfortable than jamming in the fat mouthpiece, IMHO. Also, can I ask.......how do you heat your cap if you don't use flame and haven't got an IH? (my Chinese Dental IH is still going strong - $30, I think) .
    :peace::2c::leaf:

Madri-Gal, Campos, Alexis and 7 others like this.
  11. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

Carry on to what you believe!

12. stark1

stark1 X-file

Dabs rite, @ataxian!
    Keep on trucking (lest you get left behind by the oncoming dust)?

Bling it on!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    Madri-Gal, Squiby, ataxian and 2 others like this.
  13. StringTheorista

StringTheorista Well-Known Member

Just FYI, in my experience with both the Omni stem and vong stem, the Omni condenser does not completely close off the airport. It drastically reduces airflow but does not shut if completely like covering it does.

For a dedicated water piece, I prefer to just put anothe x-ring above the airport and completely block airflo, like you said. I use my Omni for dialed-in puffs, not thru a water piece.

Sounds like what you’ve got is working well for you. Not sure Omni condenser would add any value for you

Edit: oops @mrb beat me to it. This thread moves fast!

paehtod, Madri-Gal, CVC4455 and 8 others like this.
  14. wall

wall Well-Known Member

Click to play YouTube Video

Got a simrell stem last night! Love it!

primitiveorganic and ataxian like this.
  15. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

Please ignore me!
    You are cool.

Sorry to be a dick!
    My name is not Ricard. The

Madri-Gal, cybrguy and KidFated. like this.
  16. cybrguy

cybrguy I mean really, WTF

If you don't mind could you give us a close up still? I love these stems...

17. KidFated.

KidFated. We Don't Even Live Here..

@ataxian hit me up if you need to try a Ti tip, you know I’m here for ya! :tup:

Madri-Gal, stark1, Daprezz and 4 others like this.
  18. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

Your a nice guy!

Madri-Gal, Campos, KidFated. and 3 others like this.
  19. cybrguy

What did Amy call it? Minnesota nice... :)

Madri-Gal, KidFated. and ataxian like this.
  20. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

Remember a writer named Hunter THOMPSON?
    He was nice?
    Did he use a “M”?
    GONZO was his nickname!

21. cybrguy

I have no doubt Hunter S would have been in here with us, tho I suspect he would be a dabber.

Short story: Hunter S Thompson had been invited (heh, he wasn't cheap) to speak at my College in the 70s. He was an hour late and nobody knew where he was, so a bunch of us went looking for him. We found him uptown in a bar, drunk as a skunk. Brought him back to the school and he spoke to the crowd still waiting for him 2 hours after the scheduled talk. He had a reputation for this so hardly anyone had left. Good time had by all. Those were the days...
    Click to play YouTube Video

22. Moses Baca

Moses Baca Well-Known Member

Thanks. NonaVonG is what I've got my eye on--only George and the DV crew could engineer something like that! I rarely use water, I prefer less 'stuff' to deal with, but that's something I've thought about.

Yep, I'm happy with my M's for now. I'm going for nice stems next. I'm thinking I'll start with some wood from phattpiggie and then look into some Ti from mrb and stardustsailor. Love the custom stuff!

roonsy, paehtod, Madri-Gal and 4 others like this.
  23. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

I left hs 1976 was the year.
    Paper joints were all we had?
    Hunter S. Was a deep thinker.
    Excuse me the “M” is needing attention!

24. I'm Ron Burgundy?

I'm Ron Burgundy? I love vape

It’s all good dude :peace:

25. Daprezz

Daprezz Well-Known Member

@ataxian This ? Is playing with my brain ???¡¡**###¡¡:leaf::ko::o:ko: :leaf: you wanna drive us loco !
    (! = real ?)

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors