stark1

Lonesome Planet
Wax? Or *WAX*:ko:

15d3zlw.jpg

Last edited:

withoutbliss

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
The air port is a hole located close to the middle of the stem. It's often referred to as a carb. But it isn't. The air port allows free air restriction and clean air to enter the VC stem. The air port doesn't come in contact with vapor, so the stem interior doesnt require cleaning.

The picture below is of the 2017 and 2018 Vapcap M model. You can see the carb holes a bit more than midway down the stem and the condenser beneath, nestled inside.

2lvnvrb.jpg

as soon as my shadow m arrives ima tear that beast apart a few times, design some stems to 3d print (not sure how good of an idea this is) and eventually become a dynapro. just wish i could justify dropping a couple hundo on a custom simrell stem as my first VC . .

Vaporware

I’d be careful which materials you use for stems. Some plastics may be okay, but others could melt or give off toxic gasses when you heated the cap/tip, especially if you heat it repeatedly without letting the tip cool down.

You could print one to see how it fits and how the shape looks, but unless you can make sure the plastic you’re using is safe and won’t off-gas at the temps we’re dealing with I’d look into ceramic or metal 3D printing and whether or not they’re safe for this purpose if you really want 3D printed usable and safe stems.

Mr Turnip

Can I get a bit of education please.

I use all my collection carbless and I filled my vong carb hole.

What is point of the carb on a vong anyway?? Why do they come with a carb??.

Sativapo

The airport makes you fly.
@Mr Turnip : for example the omni part of my omnivong is useless without an aeroport (How could I take off) ? And the omni gives me a clearly superior experience than my other vapcaps without glass.

I understand the use of carbless and I did the o-ring mod on my ss-nonnavong-s for hitting with glass. but you can't say that fiddling with airflow is completely useless in the world of vaping...

Last edited:

Mr Turnip

Appreciated but how is it superior in what way if it clearly is I'll buy me an Omni.

@dabprezz I was meaning solely through water tho mate I get it on the omni's but not Omni vongs and the normal vongs with carbs. Surly you don't want a carb to just pull and milk a little bong.

Cheers

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
. An easy flow is a better experience for me : with carb :tup:
. rather than the thick-milkshake-thru-a
-thin-straw-draw : without a carb :bang: (I get surly)

YMMV :nod::2c:

On an Omni, you fine tune your aerodynamic sports car, instead of huffing-and-puffing on
your ageing model T Ford.

I know. It’s early mornin! :myday: & I need to pass H2O?

Last edited:

Sativapo

Appreciated but how is it superior in what way if it clearly is I'll buy me an Omni.

@dabprezz I was meaning solely through water tho mate I get it on the omni's but not Omni vongs and the normal vongs with carbs. Surly you don't want a carb to just pull and milk a little bong.

Cheers

The good thing with these nonavong bodies is they are multifunction :
- with glass (with water/without)/ without glass (Wood's natural feel and form reminds me more of a j when I have it in my mouth "look mum no hands style")
- with omni adjustable airflow/without
-with carb/without carb (easy o-ring trick to close it, can even get into omni-ish territory opening closing the airpath fiddling with the x-ring through the carb with a toothpick)
- helps with spinning : better grip and regularity : a ninth of a full circle at each finger turn (even better with spinning mp)
- avoid to burn your table when tey're hot and you don't have a stash/magnet
- doesn't roll off the table

and one more option :
with a mouthpiece/without
with my ss tip I can push the condenser completely through the body, compeletely closing the airflow and having a super "minivong" plug without a mouthpiece that goes well on a bubller.

Last edited:

Furnias

as soon as my shadow m arrives ima tear that beast apart a few times, design some stems to 3d print (not sure how good of an idea this is) and eventually become a dynapro. just wish i could justify dropping a couple hundo on a custom simrell stem as my first VC . .

Hi, i´m a 3Dprinter guy too (right now i´m finishing my dynastash), but be carefull, not all materials are good:

-first, the material melting temperature on PLA is not too high.
-second, maybe little particles can go to your lungs.
-third, ABS have more higher melting temperature, buit have very toxic vapors when melting.

PETG material is food safe, and have more higher melting temperature than PLA, but be carefull.

Like Vaporware says, is a good idea to see how it feets and feel, but again, be careful with vapors and particles. I´m thinking about to print a mouthpiece, since is very far from de heat, an the vapor goes thru the condenser and not thru the material plastic. Is a good idea too for bring to someone who make pieces with wood, Ti or another material and he/she can see wath do you need.

Hope this help :) un saludo!

PD: in a few hours i go to upload my dynastash finished

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
As I'm sure it's clear by my not being here often, I don't use my vapcaps nearly as much as I used to use them. It's not a critique of the vape as much as over the past year I've really found what I like and what works best for me.

But yesterday I had a moment where the vapcap was the perfect device. I only had 7 minutes to get a quick bit of green goodness before an on-line guitar lesson. Neither of my preferred convection vapes could get the job done in the time allotted. But I was able to get four lovely hits from a fully loaded cap with 3 minutes to spare.

When you want to do your business quick and effectively nothing beats the vapcap.

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
When you want to do your business quick and effectively nothing beats the vapcap.

Literally nothing....

Regarding carbs.. I'm with @Mr Turnip here.. no carbs at all.. I've closed them on all my VCs..
1. You don't want to mess around with the damn hot tip while trying to find the hole..not to mention, being stoned as well.. :doh:
2. Your VC becomes a little harder to draw but totally efficient
3. Your Vong can go directly into the glass and you don't need to do anything further
4. Your draws become much thicker and lots of beautiful clouds accompany you
5. no need to have a carb with VCs :rolleyes: :borg:

@Daprezz plz tell me how did you measure the ninth of a circle :p

Sativapo

@Daprezz plz tell me how did you measure the ninth of a circle :p

Well, to begin it must be a sunny day without clouds. then I put my vapcap standing right in the sun, and measure with a little rope the movement of its shade.

No:lol:, more seriously nona is the latin root for nine, it has nine sides.

P.S.: you told me you liked that different puff style when you tried an omni. You need a carb to make it work ;)

Last edited:

mario

Just throwing in my $.02 here.

I have a lot of different vapcaps and most of them have carb holes, but I have a stardustsailor piece that doesn't. The Stardust stem without the carb SLAMS when I am using it without water, and when I do with water, it clears the bowl in 3 hits. Milky delicious clouds.

I have an Omni and when it is dialed in right, you can just hit it and keep going without thinking, the function is a lot nicer than it appears, since you can change your experience at any time in the bowl.

I have a TI XLS with the Green parts, and that has a carb. I like to spin that one and then feather the carb. this is amazing on smaller glass pieces so I can alternate between letting the carb open and closing it feathering it to keep filling the glass and then letting it clear. Longer smoother hits with lots of clouds but not as thick.

I have a nonavong. Which functions more or less the same as the XLS except I can drop it in my glass piece without any thought. I have a SS tip on the nonavong though so while I hold the carb closed the heat REALLY gets trapped in the cap and with a 2 maybe 3 pulls I can clear that bowl with HUGE hits.

Each one has it's own experience and that is why I like having a few different ones on hand. I don't know that I would rank any of them better than others, or say that one is more efficient than the others. They are all different vaping experiences and needs throughout the day. Microdosing over a few hours, or sitting and getting very medicated before bed with a relaxing TV show. They all have different uses and functions.

mario

I have the water wands too and the small bubbler from ddave. And it is also fantastic. For getting hit strong and hard, the water wand almost can't be beat. I do like mine but I need to get more tips to match them since I don't like having to remove tips and caps all the time to use different pieces.

Top Bottom