sirwalter

Really curious how this tip will work. Seems like you would have to hold the tip pointing up so the concentrate doesn't run into the cap. If thats the case induction heaters might be an issue. I've always felt like I had to put something on top of concentrates in a vapcap.

Sativapo

relieved, this won't be a new expense for me as I don't easily find concentrates where I live, just weed and hash. I first thought the ti Tip that spins in the beginning of the video was a new revolutionnary one.

Dynalowrider

Electricity don't know up from down. Lay the IH on it's side. It don't care. You could mount it upside down, but then the juice would run into the condenser.
Back in the early 70s I sold and installed "CB" radios. A friend called me and said the only way he could install his CB was upside down, and would it hurt anything. I told him the words would come out upside down and backwards. He paused and said "Oh, How do I fix that?":rofl: Doc

sirwalter

Electricity don't know up from down. Lay the IH on it's side. It don't care. You could mount it upside down, but then the juice would run into the condenser.
Back in the early 70s I sold and installed "CB" radios. A friend called me and said the only way he could install his CB was upside down, and would it hurt anything. I told him the words would come out upside down and backwards. He paused and said "Oh, How do I fix that?":rofl: Doc

Very true..but the induction heater I have is triggered by pressing down with the vapcap. Anytime Ive tried concentrates (excuse me...concentrates that melt) without herb on top in a vapcap Ive ended up with a mess.

Last edited:
sirwalter,
Reactions: KidFated.

D_tokes

w849oi.jpg

Yeah it sure looks like rolled-up, laser-cut mesh for concentrates

my first thought was a dosing capsule? I'm probably miles off the mark as usual lol. I just hope its not a 2019 M, only just got the 2018 version ffs lol

sirwalter

Have you pressed DOWN on the Cap with the IH above? Should work.

Otherwise gravity always win. :wave: Sir

This isn't an issue Ive experienced...Im simply wondering how this new tip will behave with an induction heater considering concentrates often liquify.

Up vs Down...I'd like to think Ive mastered

sirwalter,
Reactions: KidFated.

Squiby

This isn't an issue Ive experienced...Im simply wondering how this new tip will behave with an induction heater considering concentrates often liquify.

Up vs Down...I'd like to think Ive mastered

I vape concentrates now using a modified S&B mesh concentrate pad. It may be the fact that I microdose but I never have made a mess of my Vapcap. My tip is fitted with the concentrate pad. Then I butter the top of the pad with my concentrate; wax, rosin or shatter. I usually heat with my Skelator IH with the Vapcap positioned vertically, cap down. After my toke I let the Vapcap cool in a horizontal position. No messy cap, no dripping into the condenser.

I think the devil's in the details. Vape tiny amounts of concentrate at a time and it is fantastic. But larger amounts may be messy....

sirwalter

I vape concentrates now using a modified S&B mesh concentrate pad. It may be the fact that I microdose but I never have made a mess of my Vapcap. My tip is fitted with the concentrate pad. Then I butter the top of the pad with my concentrate; wax, rosin or shatter. I usually heat with my Skelator IH with the Vapcap positioned vertically, cap down. After my toke I let the Vapcap cool in a horizontal position. No messy cap, no dripping into the condenser.

I think the devil's in the details. Vape tiny amounts of concentrate at a time and it is fantastic. But larger amounts may be messy....

I haven't tried using the pads yet- I usually make an herb sandwich or use the hemp fiber method.

When Ive tried simply putting waxy concetrates etc on top of herb- I end up with wax sticking to the cap.

As far as the condenser/screens etc, in my experience it gets dirty much more quickly if Ive been putting wax through it.

Just my experience ofcourse..

Furnias

I know this question is going to get lost in the frenzy of this new component launch...

What's the highest shadow cap number we know of?

I assume someone has one numbered into the 1000 range, anyone got one starting in the 2000 or 3000 arena?

I'm just curious about DVs volume. The higher the better, as i wish nothing short of world vape domination for Dynavap.

Wanna call me a fanboy? That's fine by me:) Fuck battery dependance and breakages and pocket hogging monster vapes, I'm DV for life :tup:

I have not my phone with me, but finally my 2018 M shadow is at home!!!!!
my serial number is diferent than all i see here. it´s: DV1 - 1179
tomorrow i will upload a pic. Now clean... and mi first vape!!!!! :rockon::rockon::love:

Sativapo

When I think about it, I don't know if all these holes are compatible with concentrates. Maybe it's a sort of dosing capsule that allows more convection ?

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Concentrate loaded onto the strip, don’t overload it or you’re gunna have a bad time. Hold the vapcap horizontal and give it 1/4 twirls (if using ih) or twirl normally if with a torch to keep liquids catching the holes.

KidFated.,

Squiby

What would the function of this piece be? https://www.instagram.com/p/BqJFfnah0U7/

How does a non carb vapcap compare to a carb vapcap anyways?

The pictured stem is described as having an exposed condenser. I believe that this means that the holes you see drilled into the stem are a decorative element only and that the condenser operates without an air port or carb.

A Vapcap with an air port operates differently than one without.

Vapcap midsections with air ports allow air to enter the air port, travel down the stem between the condenser and the stem until it reaches the tip and creates a negative pressure where the cool air from the air port mixes with vapor pulled from the tip. The vapor and cooler air combine and travel up the condenser to the mouth piece. The volume of air and the amount of air restriction can be adjusted by the degree you cover the air port with your finger. People who prefer little air restriction tend to pull vapor directly into their lungs.

Vapcaps midsections without an air port bring vapor directly through the condenser from the tip to the mouth piece. This causes a greater air restriction and allows the vapor to be pulled into the mouth (mouthpull), before inhaling the vapor along with fresh cool air into the lungs. For me, I prefer no air port as I find the mouthpull technique creates smoother, less irritating vapor compared to toking directly into the lungs

withoutbliss

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
The pictured stem is described as having an exposed condenser. I believe that this means that the holes you see drilled into the stem are a decorative element only and that the condenser operates without an air port or carb.

A Vapcap with an air port operates differently than one without.

Vapcap midsections with air ports allow air to enter the air port, travel down the stem between the condenser and the stem until it reaches the tip and creates a negative pressure where the cool air from the air port mixes with vapor pulled from the tip. The vapor and cooler air combine and travel up the condenser to the mouth piece. The volume of air and the amount of air restriction can be adjusted by the degree you cover the air port with your finger. People who prefer little air restriction tend to pull vapor directly into their lungs.

Vapcaps midsections without an air port bring vapor directly through the condenser from the tip to the mouth piece. This causes a greater air restriction and allows the vapor to be pulled into the mouth (mouthpull), before inhaling the vapor along with fresh cool air into the lungs. For me, I prefer no air port as I find the mouthpull technique creates smoother, less irritating vapor compared to toking directly into the lungs

this is great info thanks! an airport would be located where the midsection and the tip meet allowing for air to travel thru if you were to use a carb then eh?

withoutbliss,

Squiby

this is great info thanks! an airport would be located where the midsection and the tip meet allowing for air to travel thru if you were to use a carb then eh?

The air port is a hole located close to the middle of the stem. It's often referred to as a carb. But it isn't. The air port allows free air restriction and clean air to enter the VC stem. The air port doesn't come in contact with vapor, so the stem interior doesnt require cleaning.

The picture below is of the 2017 and 2018 Vapcap M model. You can see the carb holes a bit more than midway down the stem and the condenser beneath, nestled inside.

2lvnvrb.jpg

Top Bottom