F-UCTD

Just received my Shadow M today. I love everything about it and the vapour quality is very good, and I normally vape with a Firefly 2. Any effective and suitably matching or classy torches out there that anyone wants to recommend? I am using a cheap Bunnings (hardware store) one atm and its pretty crap.

F-UCTD,
Reactions: Ricardo

London Vaper

See from my post couple pages back its weird no1ever talks about using normal pipe screens in place of ccds.

I thought at least 1 person would have have an opinion but no1seems to entertain the conversation or have any thoughts on it or be able to explain the tech/function behind ccds.

Last night while in a haze i thought how difficult would it be to make a XL tip. Just make it slightly longer than the current ones and u will have an extended chamber.

Small chamber capacity is a pro for me as it helps me not say fuck it and waste a load of weed in one bowl it keeps me limited so i dont waste material but i know there's ppl out there who would love an XL tip.

Guess the difficulty would be u need an XL cap and getting the thermodynamics correct so the click works the same is prob difficult.

Last edited:

Sativapo

See from my post couple pages back its weird no1ever talks about using normal pipe screens in place of ccds.

I thought at least 1 person would have have an opinion but no1seems to entertain the conversation or have any thoughts on it or be able to explain the tech/function behind ccds
A bit like my question on the shadow M's cap discoloration a page back :\ :lol: Well I think one advantage of the CCD screens is that they don't clog much and clean easily, a big benefit over other vapes with normal screens IMO. There is also the hemp fiber solution for those who are annoyed with particles.

Last edited:

Mr. Me2

Just received my Shadow M today. I love everything about it and the vapour quality is very good, and I normally vape with a Firefly 2. Any effective and suitably matching or classy torches out there that anyone wants to recommend? I am using a cheap Bunnings (hardware store) one atm and its pretty crap.
I don’t have a specific recommendation for you, but here’s a link to a thread about vapcap torches.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/whats-your-favorite-torch-or-lighter-to-use-with-the-vapcap.23318/

Have fun!

Sativapo

On fasttech.com there are plenty of cheap torches. All the ones branded "Honest" (single and double)I bought there fire every single time, they also have the aomai (sold by dynavap) for cheap. After that the choice between single double, triple depends on your vaping style, technique, conditions (indoor/outdoor) etc.
My favorite one though would be also a honest but bought on dhgate the "golden tiger " model it is nice and sturdy and I prefer parallel flames than inclined.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I look at the pics of the different shadow M'S over here, the caps look pretty neat. Am I the only one to have a kind of different, less deep black/grey finish on my cap than the body ? I can see the same discoloration effects with heating than the standard one only slightly covered by the black shade. With a bit of wax or natural finger grease it gets a bit more neat but not really.
My cap isn't as dark as the body but I like the way it looks. I have only used the Shadow a few times. In fact I really bought it because I wanted it, more than I bought it to use it. Like a dress watch it will likely only come out for special occasions. I have several others that I use regularly.
4qhfdw.jpg

Last edited:

Hippie

Torch shipping from Fasttech can take a while, due to shipping restrictions ;)

I'm sure some1 was saying they have an 8mm hole punch they use to punch out gauze screens - and sandwich hemp fibre between 2 of them sometimes.

Sativapo

Torch shipping from Fasttech can take a while, due to shipping restrictions ;)

I'm sure some1 was saying they have an 8mm hole punch they use to punch out gauze screens - and sandwich hemp fibre between 2 of them sometimes.
I had their normal shipping time to Europe (about 2 weeks) unlike batteries. Lighters are empty... Maybe there is a different policy for US shipping?

Sativapo,
Reactions: StoneMan

GtrBob

Part Of the menu from the recently opened legal “Pot Shoppe” in
Easthampton, Ma ...

(Prices in NOHO are 10 bux more, and the fuckin line snakes back on itself. In East Hamp,
We got there 10 minutes before they opened, 10 AM, and we were out the door by 10:15) :tup:

10qcuu9.jpg

Man, $50/an eighth!
Thar's gold in them thar hills!

[I forgot what NOHO is.
Means North Hollywood to us.]

p01h3ltq.jpg

[Joking; actually prices are not that different than stores around here in Californee.]

I'm wonderin' if legalization in Calif. has brought in more revenooers though.

I just read an illegal grow tender right nearby got popped for a $10K fine and some jail time.

Lots of 'lots' [one-time artichoke or lettuce farmland] here in Central Calif. have been converted to pot farms lately. [big money available to municipalities]

Fortunately there are plenty of neighbors w/ their legal six plants in the backyard type deal, so flowers can still be cheap [or free].

You can use degummed hemp fiber or organic cotton in the same ways; place a small wad fashioned into a disk shape filter on top of the screen and your bud on top of it, or place the filter between two screens set into the ti tip grooves or held in place with C-clips. Or finally, push a small wad into the neck of the tip, under the screen and in front of the condenser.

And, the lil wad gets saturated w/ the good stuff!
Vape it later, swallow it, or even chew it like gum to really get a buzz.

Hippie

I'm in the UK and last time I tried to buy a lighter from them the shipping would have been 2 months.

Now I've checked back a few pages to look for the gauze punchers I see they're also using different grades of mesh too, to negate the need for any hemp fibre to catch the tiny particles.

Hippie,

danielj

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
A bit like my question on the shadow M's cap discoloration a page back :\ :lol: Well I think one advantage of the CCD screens is that they don't clog much and clean easily, a big benefit over other vapes with normal screens IMO. There is also the hemp fiber solution for those who are annoyed with particles.

regarding the use of screens rather than the ccd I use both...the screen inserted in behind the ccd I also just crumble the herb, no longer grinning. These have totally removed the chances of smallest particals getting thru. When I first started using the VC, i got lung irritation if I didnt use a waterpiece. These mods were in response to that issue

Sativapo

I'm in the UK and last time I tried to buy a lighter from them the shipping would have been 2 months.
Maybe that's the brexit effect :lol:

More seriously I just checked for a cart full of torchs you have indeed the ground shipping option that says 45 to 60 days but also singapore post airmail that says 6 to 20 days.

Last edited:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
The real effects still will come. Fuck unreasonable over-regulation in the EU but leaving it? I guess the continent will be isolated again but who cares in Europe otherwise the UK is no hegemonial Empire anymore. I'm pretty sad about the brexit and the Brits...

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Man, $50/an eighth!
Thar's gold in them thar hills!

[I forgot what NOHO is.
Means North Hollywood to us.]

p01h3ltq.jpg

[Joking; actually prices are not that different than stores around here in Californee.]

I'm wonderin' if legalization in Calif. has brought in more revenooers though.

I just read an illegal grow tender right nearby got popped for a $10K fine and some jail time.

Lots of 'lots' [one-time artichoke or lettuce farmland] here in Central Calif. have been converted to pot farms lately. [big money available to municipalities]

Fortunately there are plenty of neighbors w/ their legal six plants in the backyard type deal, so flowers can still be cheap [or free.]

Wot! No more artichokes in Castro Valley! No wonder they are $2.89 here! :love:

On the positive side, Humbold County is gonna have some good competition.

NOHO = Northampton, like SOHO = Southampton

Vaporware

I thought at least 1 person would have have an opinion but no1seems to entertain the conversation or have any thoughts on it or be able to explain the tech/function behind ccds.

Last night while in a haze i thought how difficult would it be to make a XL tip. Just make it slightly longer than the current ones and u will have an extended chamber.

Small chamber capacity is a pro for me as it helps me not say fuck it and waste a load of weed in one bowl it keeps me limited so i dont waste material but i know there's ppl out there who would love an XL tip.

Guess the difficulty would be u need an XL cap and getting the thermodynamics correct so the click works the same is prob difficult.

Do you cut screens to fit, or do you fold them and make a bowl in the bowl? I saw that someone made a screen bowl recently, but that and your posts are the only ones I remember seeing about screens in the tip.

I think most people are probably waiting for more reports of people liking standard screens to try it since it’s easier to just stick with the CCDs.

I think long posts also get read more if they have good pictures in them, so I think a lot of people probably skimmed or skipped your post.

Has anyone else tried it? Any other good or bad reports?

The real effects still will come. Fuck unreasonable over-regulation in the EU but leaving it? I guess the continent will be isolated again but who cares in Europe otherwise the UK is no hegemonial Empire anymore. I'm pretty sad about the brexit and the Brits...

I’m hoping they vote again; I think they’ll probably stay in if they do. I don’t follow UK politics too closely, but I’ve been paying some attention to Brexit and most people seem to be unhappy with both May’s deal and no deal.

Sativapo

I got a new generation ti-tip (dynavaps Christmas present) and I have noticed that adjusting the Omni to fully closed, the tip was coming out....
So I compared to the other generation ti-tip I have and seems that the new generation tip is narrowed and doesn't let the Omni condenser through.

2 omni standard size shown. It inserts only to the level of the lower o-ring.
Is it this way? Or maybe this one came out a little narrowed??
I think I have the exact same tips (I think gen 5 & 6 ) and surprisingly I think it's the contrary, at least according to mine. Mine are both blocking as your second one, gen 6. So maybe the first one you got is a bit larger than usual. For me the omni condenser can't anyway get as far in normal use as the left one on your pic because it doesn't go further by spinning when completely unscrewed. And it's normal that it blocks because it's supposed to block the carb airflow or almost at max.

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
What is a brexit.

regarding the use of screens rather than the ccd I use both...the screen inserted in behind the ccd I also just crumble the herb, no longer grinning. These have totally removed the chances of smallest particals getting thru. When I first started using the VC, i got lung irritation if I didnt use a waterpiece. These mods were in response to that issue

what size screens? I’m interested in trying them, although would probably use them in conjunction with the ccds.

-dab8-,

Sativapo

What is a brexit.
United Kingdom leaving the european union.
I like this off topic geographical stuff here (Brexit/ Ma vs Ca) it could be considered off topic but it reveals the international/global dimension off the vapcap community. @ Ma vs Ca, are you guys lakers and celtics fans :lol: ?

good question for screens are they available in the vapcap size or you nedd to make a basket screen or use a puncher ?

-dab8-

Dyna-saur
-dab8-,
Reactions: Campos

stark1

Lonesome Planet
What is a brexit.
If it ain’t broke, don’t Brexit! :evil:

ZZZZZZZZZZZzzz.......

@StoneMan , I have-used to make screens pre-stoneage with leather punches, but since they are
Available and reasonably priced, I opted to stock up on the perfect-fit-professionally cut DV screens today. :tup: (Of course it’s alway good to be able to punch-out-a-few yourself, in an emergency!) :ko:

YAA-ay! Gotta go visit the LPS (Local Pot Store) with the oh so wonderful skunky atmosphere in Easthamp again, TODAY. :cheers:

:smug: Opens @10AM today. :spliff:

Last edited:

Sativapo

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom