-dab8-

Dyna-saur
100% agree the screen grooves are super tricky. I have started just keeping them all at the largest setting, and adjusting how much material I put in instead. If you are using ground, you can tamp it down lightly with a bic pen (that has a cap) and use as little or as much (within reason) as you want, regardless of screen setting.

Whisper

@Moses Baca
I also think a lighter with the vapcap, is a good start especially if you've been a smoker. I think some familiarity to earlier days of combustion, helps with the mental block some of us put up
switching to fucking combustion. I was eager to quit smoking,( my lungs!!) and I enjoyed learning the intimacy of knowing my vapcap, the pings, and clicks. It also taught the subtle difference in taste and temperature and reminded me just how shitty combustion really is. :rant:

However, after some time, I did put my vapvap down, and picked up easier vapes ( battery ). When that time comes, cross that bridge. BTW- I still use my vapcap,:nod: and have just purchased a log, which I will be able to use with my vapcap, new territory for me. You are where I was 1- 1/2 years ago. I am waiting for mail too. Good luck, and enjoy.

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
Thanks for the replies. I was expecting everyone to say we need an IH right away. I ordered the Deluxe kits from DV, which lists the Hawk triple flame lighter. I've also got a couple old Ronson Jetlite single flame torches around here that we can carry as backups.

The Lucid Customs Wooden IH really caught my eye, though. One of those might have to eventually make it's way over to my house. Someday.

mrb

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@Moses Baca
Every one has different experiences with vc s there are so many variables like weed type, weed moisture, ambient temp, lighter used, position of lighter on cap, spinning speed when heating etc..
Some only need to heat the end of the cap to get good vapor, some need to heat lower down the cap and past the click for a second or so..
You'll find your groove.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I think I may be more of a fan of my JarHead than @mrb is of his IH, but I certainly understand where he is coming from. The more expert you are with the VapCaps, expertise usually coming along with use, the more accurate you get with a torch in terms of the variables MRB points out. Where you point it, distance from flame, flame size, spin speed and consistency are just some of the variables involved before you even get to the variables that are added by your goods (moisture etc). VC use with a torch is much more "artful".
The IH, any of them, is much more of a blunt instrument. The only real variable is how long you apply heat. I have a plugin so I don't know if there is any difference between a fresh or partly depleted battery pack, but that might be the only other significant variable. Sometimes, especially at the end of the evening, I don't really want to think about variables, I just want to get my buzz. And nothing is easier than an IH for that, at least for me. The IH and the VC together accomplish that goal very very well.

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
Points taken, thanks for the insight, folks. We live in an unfriendly state so I'm thinking efficiency. Drive to work, take a hit in the car before I go in. Pop out at lunchtime for a quick bump.

It's cold here in the winter so I can't leave battery powered stuff in my car. That's one of the things that drew me to the VC. I could pocket a small IH into work to keep it warm but not a vape. I assume a lighter should go inside with me, too.

StringTheorista

Points taken, thanks for the insight, folks. We live in an unfriendly state so I'm thinking efficiency. Drive to work, take a hit in the car before I go in. Pop out at lunchtime for a quick bump.

It's cold here in the winter so I can't leave battery powered stuff in my car. That's one of the things that drew me to the VC. I could pocket a small IH into work to keep it warm but not a vape. I assume a lighter should go inside with me, too.
Yes, keep a torch lighter inside, even in your pocket. That way, the flame size will be consistent. A cold lighter may not light at all, and will definitely have a smaller flame than when warm.

Campos

A second vote to start with a lighter. I have an IH I RARELY use anymore. Lighter will give you much more control over which part is heated, allowing you to dial in your flavor or cloud hits. Another option, albeit a more expensive option, is the woodscents log from @edstnt (Can never get his name to come up!) which is made to work with any titanium tip vapcap.

Sorry you are having trouble. I adore my Omni, so I would say stick with it. The Omni closure system will not close off the carb hole all of the way. Maybe like 90%? Honestly I often leave it open anyway, since it’s not hard to put my finger (or a rubber band) over the carb hole, but there are times it’s nice to close it up and take mouth pulls like a joint, or close it up for use with a water pipe (although you have a @DDave water wand for that, right?).

Ugh... sorry to hear this! Hoping when the package arrives it more than makes up for your frustration. And happy birthday in advance!
Thanks for the greetings!! I didn't order anything in the end, got pissed up. I will wait for another sale....although I got f*cked up with my friends presents for Christmas. May be next time will order directly to my nearest retailer, and have the package at my door in.48 hours.

Campos,
Reactions: stark1

Summer

Long Island, NY
I wouldn't buy a jarhead unless you're gonna keep it stationary like on your night table. I'd go with a portable because of it's versatility. You can take in anywhere in your home without needing an outlet & outside your home -- next to the tub when you're taking a bath, in your backyard, to a friend's house, to a picnic.

Last edited:

Marlon Rando

Some like Batteries, Induction with VC's, some say Fire is primitive even Barbaric?!,
Others prefer fire starting, primal, enchanting.
to quote @Dynalowrider from a while back,
"There is no perfect way to enjoy the VapCap System, every way you can think of is the perfect way."

giphy.gif

is this overkill?
call me primitive, I love playing with Fire.
Enjoy the Wknd fellow Combustion Fuckers!

Last edited:
So I tested out the Ti tip last night.
The 2nd cool down click actually made the cap move up a bit :doh:
Felt like it was going to takeoff like a rocket ship lol

In all seriousness is there a way to correct this? maybe squeeze the cap little bit to fit this tip better?

I'm Ron Burgundy?,

Alexis

So I tested out the Ti tip last night.
The 2nd cool down click actually made the cap move up a bit :doh:
Felt like it was going to takeoff like a rocket ship lol

In all seriousness is there a way to correct this? maybe squeeze the cap little bit to fit this tip better?
Does this happen every time? My cap does this very occasionally, but not that often at all. And as long as it does hold put, I dont think it should be an issue at all anyway.
I actually sometimes deliberately pull my cap up a touch to possibly allow a little extra airflow, especially with the DDave water wand which works brilliantly but is too tight a draw for my preference.

Top Bottom