cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Yeah, I hear you Neanderthals are making a big comeback. Especially in politics...

So, winter has been playing hide and seek around here lately. No snow but plenty of cold. I am SOOOO happy I have switched to vaping and don't have to go outside at friends places to indulge. I wish someone had a small enough portable IH to easily pocket, tho. Flame can be a bitch in the wind when out for fun. This may have to wait for better battery tech but it can't come too soon. Something about the size of a Dynastash would be just right I think...

stark1

Lonesome Planet
:mmmm:Don’t knock yourself. You, too, have 3% of the Neanderthal genome, most everyone outside of Africa; besides, :myday:
you are ancient, olde boy. Even if the new fifty are octogenarians.

Yes, possibly even pushing 90. Nonagenarians, all. :dog:

Fire up your IH. And smile. Happy Halloween. :spliff: Watch your broom. ;)

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
Got my spinning full ti omni thingy today. I like the spinning on it but have a couple issues...

One... the machining on this Ti tip is off. Between the bottom fins there are noticeable machining errors.

And 2.... the newer condensers don't fit the older bodies well at all. In fact I have to use an X type o ring from an M just so the mouthpiece and tip don't fall out on the ground on my older style omni because the condenser came from a newer style omni...

So I bought this to be able to switch spinning between styles but that's not going to be a plug and play experience...

20181027-142812.jpg

20181027-142934.jpg

20181027-143041.jpg

20181027-143114.jpg

almost there

I
Got my spinning full ti omni thingy today. I like the spinning on it but have a couple issues...

One... the machining on this Ti tip is off. Between the bottom fins there are noticeable machining errors.

And 2.... the newer condensers don't fit the older bodies well at all. In fact I have to use an X type o ring from an M just so the mouthpiece and tip don't fall out on the ground on my older style omni because the condenser came from a newer style omni...

So I bought this to be able to switch spinning between styles but that's not going to be a plug and play experience...

20181027-142812.jpg

20181027-142934.jpg

20181027-143041.jpg

20181027-143114.jpg

when you say the "new condensers" are you referring in the omni condenser or the ti condenser?

If it's the ti condenser than yeah it can be a bit loose, noticed them being a little bit narrower than the SS ones. I see you already figured out the black o rings are also a slight bit thicker so they help make up for the size difference.

If you were referring to the omni condenser then yes something is off as you said. I have an omni condenser from this year's 420 sale and it fits my OG omni body without any issues. I'm sure DYNAVAP will sort it out for you, good luck.

NoitsubmocKcuf

Im wondering if it's possible to use a hair straightener, put a wrench socket in the middle as your heat bowl and simply tie the hair straightener together with heat resistant string, so that you essentially have a temperature adjustable induction heater for about

30$

the socket sits in the middle and acts as the heat bowl. I don't know how hot a hair straightener can get nor if this would work. I would imagine perhaps a cheap ceramic bowl would work better than a socket due to better thermal properties

I also have an electric vape I don't care too much for that I could try to enlarge that does 430f

so I just dip the vapcap in the chamber of the electric vape and that becomes a portable heat source

what are the guts around an electric ceramic vape bowl? is it an induction heater? before I go ahead and ruin a 100$ vape lol

but if I get lucky and it works.... than id have an awesome induction heater

it's kind of a gamble hence why im asking.

im willing to experiment a bit with the hair straightener idea, lol since it's essentially free

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Im wondering if it's possible to use a hair straightener, put a wrench socket in the middle as your heat bowl and simply tie the hair straightener together with heat resistant string, so that you essentially have a temperature adjustable induction heater for about

30$

the socket sits in the middle and acts as the heat bowl. I don't know how hot a hair straightener can get nor if this would work. I would imagine perhaps a cheap ceramic bowl would work better than a socket due to better thermal properties

I also have an electric vape I don't care too much for that I could try to enlarge that does 430f

so I just dip the vapcap in the chamber of the electric vape and that becomes a portable heat source

what are the guts around an electric ceramic vape bowl? is it an induction heater? before I go ahead and ruin a 100$ vape lol

but if I get lucky and it works.... than id have an awesome induction heater

it's kind of a gamble hence why im asking.

im willing to experiment a bit with the hair straightener idea, lol since it's essentially free

First off, that wouldn't be induction heating. That would be closer to infrared heating. Induction heating uses magnetic waves to heat just the metal item you put inside the coil (no heat is radiating off of the coil, onto/into your Dynavap tip/cap. The coil doesn't even heat at all). Infrared heating is radiated heat from another surface that your item is not touching. If it's touching the heating surface then that is conduction heating, at least around the areas touching the heating surface.

WoodVillain

Backwoods Rated
I

when you say the "new condensers" are you referring in the omni condenser or the ti condenser?

If it's the ti condenser than yeah it can be a bit loose, noticed them being a little bit narrower than the SS ones. I see you already figured out the black o rings are also a slight bit thicker so they help make up for the size difference.

If you were referring to the omni condenser then yes something is off as you said. I have an omni condenser from this year's 420 sale and it fits my OG omni body without any issues. I'm sure DYNAVAP will sort it out for you, good luck.

Neither omni or regular Ti condenser will fit my older omni body well. I can make the omni condenser work but have to use an extra X type o ring on it. I have owned older and newer full omnivaps and never had this issue before.

Im surprised this one passed QR, but Im sure this is something they will be happy to fix for you if you let them know.

Thanks fellas. I sent Dynavap a message. I'm sure they'll help out with the tip issue.... I'm surprised the tip made it out the door really. It's hard to show it all in the picture but it's very noticeable irl.... Either way... I have extra tips to use in the mean time...

I don't think there's much they could do about the older omni body I have not holding the newer condensers though... and that kind of sucks because I like this older body much more.

NoitsubmocKcuf

First off, that wouldn't be induction heating. That would be closer to infrared heating. Induction heating uses magnetic waves to heat just the metal item you put inside the coil (no heat is radiating off of the coil, onto/into your Dynavap tip/cap. The coil doesn't even heat at all). Infrared heating is radiated heat from another surface that your item is not touching. If it's touching the heating surface then that is conduction heating, at least around the areas touching the heating surface.

Thanks for clarifying.

The question is, do you think the idea is worth trying or nah?

NoitsubmocKcuf

I'd say nah. I doubt the socket heated by a hair straightener would get anywhere near hot enough. :2c:

:peace:
I took apart an electric vape and everything went perfectly, except for one thing, the vapcap end fits into the ceramic chamber perfectly to the milimeter just not with the cap on. I managed to pull the guts out without damaging it even though I was very impatient

so essentially its an electric vapcap without the clicking temperature cap, instead the tip is covered by a ceramic bowl the bowl has 4 small air holes at the end of it

if I test it and it's just as good I wont bother any further risk, since well it does what I wanted., I know the vapcap clicking temp is a certain amount but with an adjustable temp it stays constant. This is a temp adjustable unit

is it the ceramic bowl itself that conducts the resistance and heats up? if so I have no way of grinding it down and thinning it out to fit the vapcap with tip inside and it may or will wreck everything?

its just a ceramic bowl surrounded by insulation.

this thing heats up incredibly fast 15-20 seconds @ 430F

what to do? see if it works as well without the cap first then find out if I can somehow enlarge the ceramic chamber although its very thin

the unit lasts for 20-30 continuous minutes per charge which is a LOT with a vapcap

is it the insulation that has some kind of heating element or is it the ceramic itself that heats up =|

?

In ceramic bowl vapes.. tested and it works. Vapcap efficiency with an electric portable heat source, since theres no lid and dry herb is crumbly its tedious to insert without losing your herb unless its tightly packed and have to wait 5-7 seconds between draws or it cools too much.....does the job but I really need a good induction unit. This jerry rig will tie me over though

ml2vcm.jpg

Last edited:

little maggie

I bought vapcaps when they first came and have quite a few- mostly older ones. I just never managed the process skillfully including having trouble hearing the click and usually ended up choking. I've moved on to newer on demand vapes. I just got a portside. It's like having a totally different vape and may become one of my favorites. Anyone else having difficulty modulating the vapcap might consider one.

NoitsubmocKcuf

I bought vapcaps when they first came and have quite a few- mostly older ones. I just never managed the process skillfully including having trouble hearing the click and usually ended up choking. I've moved on to newer on demand vapes. I just got a portside. It's like having a totally different vape and may become one of my favorites. Anyone else having difficulty modulating the vapcap might consider one.

what do you think of the volcano>? can it's heater be used on the Vapcap?

I'd say nah. I doubt the socket heated by a hair straightener would get anywhere near hot enough. :2c:

:peace:

what would get hot enough? just direct to the hair straightener ceramic?

Last edited by a moderator:
NoitsubmocKcuf,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I highly doubt a hair straightener gets hot enough in the first place.

Ramahs,

PapaEmeritusCDXX

Microtonal Banana
My carb hole usage:

-For flavourful hits without any clouds: heat the cap at the end and keep the carb hole open.

- A nice balance between flavour and clouds: heat the cap in the middle/closer to the tip and keep the carb hole half open with your finger.

-Fog machine: heat the cap close to the tip and close the carb hole.

The Vapcap is so versatile :rockon:

I'm gonna rock this and give results. thank you.

Top Bottom