Summer

Long Island, NY
My carb hole usage:

-For flavourful hits without any clouds: heat the cap at the end and keep the carb hole open.

- A nice balance between flavour and clouds: heat the cap in the middle/closer to the tip and keep the carb hole half open with your finger.

-Fog machine: heat the cap close to the tip and close the carb hole.

Oiy, again! :rolleyes: What side is the cap at the end & what end are you calling the tip -- tip or top of the cap OR tip or Leg of Cap?

flfHvyC.jpg

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
For me
no carb = no flavour

I tend to roll the standard Dynavap stems/bodies in my grip as I draw to reduce the hole to about .7mm dia which after many hours of arduous scientific testing I've decided is the perfect carb size for me so I've opened up the carb holes on my @phattpiggie custom stems to .7mm too so I can just dip n draw without thinking about it :science:

Weird. I get the MOST flavor with carb-closed thick-milky mouth-pulls that my tongue/taste-buds are saturated with for a bit before I inhale. Carb-open and I have to do direct-to-lung pulls. I NEVER get as much flavor with direct-to-lung pulls!

kushkush

happy camper....
Weird. I get the MOST flavor with carb-closed thick-milky mouth-pulls that my tongue/taste-buds are saturated with for a bit before I inhale. Carb-open and I have to do direct-to-lung pulls. I NEVER get as much flavor with direct-to-lung pulls!

I leave my carb open so there’s not so much resistance with the Glass Lung or my Vapor Lung. I generally don’t get any vapor on that first heating, but usually get good vapor from then on for a total of about 8 heatings (2 or 3 ‘sessions’).

Can anybody here pull the reigns in on that Glass Wand! That thing delivers more vapor than I’ve ever seen before. Think I need to cut back on the heating a little bit. :D

:leaf:

Dutch-Mic

So, @Dutch-Mic, can you translate your post's intent?

Sure! @PapaEmeritusCDXX wanted to know about how we hit our VC and our carb technique. I tried to make clear that the VC is a very versatile device and that I use the cap and the carb hole to influence the taste and density of the vapor. That's why I wrote a bit about how I use the carb hole, and how I heat the cap.

You made clear that the part about heating the cap was a bit confusing due to the words I used, so I was glad you clarified that part with the diagram.

So two intentions:sharing my VC experience and thanking you for the reminder to write in a intelligible way about the cap. :)

Summer

Long Island, NY
@Dutch-Mic, you don't understand. I understand everything you just said in your above post. But what I still don't understand is which end you are referring to - to heat in each of the scenarios you listed. So which end do I heat for each desired effect. That's what I need clarity on. That's why I posted the pic so you can explain using that visual terminology in the pic.

almost there

I normally just keep the carb hole completely closed and draw till the cooldown click with my M w/stainless steel tip when I'm out and about during the day. That gives me nice cloudy lung-pulls very fast. Sometimes I'll shorten my draw and fit two in there.

Though, when I'm home with my feet up, I often like to use a longer carbless stem and "dip-n-sip" with my Induction Heater and do a bunch of continuous casual mouthpulls. That way I can do a bunch of those and clear the bowl without ever reaching the cool-down click till I'm done with the bowl.

Carb fully closed and direct to lung is how I like it. I'm always seeing @phattpiggie employ the sip and dip method and I must confess it intrigues me:D.

@Jill NYC I usually get 2 pulls out of each heat cycle with the SS tip. I really like the ss tips a lot, they're my preferred tip for the longer stems from @phattpiggie, makes it such an overall classy and leisure experience :tup:.

Dutch-Mic

@Dutch-Mic, you don't understand. I understand everything you just said in your above post. But what I still don't understand is which end you are referring to - to heat in each of the scenarios you listed. So which end do I heat for each desired effect. That's what I need clarity on. That's why I posted the pic so you can explain using that visual terminology in the pic.

Now I understand what you meant. With the terminology in the pic:

- Flavourful hits without any clouds: heat the top of the cap and keep the carb open while inhaling.

- A nice balance between flavour and clouds: heat the cap in the middle/closer to the leg and keep the carb hole half open with your finger while inhaling.

-Fog machine: heat close to the leg and keep the carb hole closed while inhaling.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@stark1 why would you want to spoil such a pretty piece of wood with a logo or carb.
20181026-134802.jpg

The way I make my stems means the condenser is part of the build, in fact the stems are built around them.

I have to drill the body and carb at the same time but there is a way round it. A variation on the build with a couple of extra steps.

I'll go back thru my Imgur stuff and get some pics which explain it better.

Top Bottom