1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Dynavap VapCap

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Fenton Mewley, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Blown

Blown Well-Known Member

I'm checking out my SJK IH tonight. I started putting these tiny nugs in whole and picking up the heater, heating the cap until just before the click and then inhaling while the M is still being heated by the IH. I'm getting very nice fat FLAVORFUL hits. On the next hit I wait until the first click and then I start inhaling in the same way. I don't see myself doing this everyday but it is fun to change things up. It's also a very similiar action to using a LSV which was the first vape to win me over, however this set up is a little more weed conserving and robust in terms of glass breakage. And of course the added bonus of being able to use it with a lighter while out and about.

Does anyone else use the IH this way?

Ricardo likes this.
  2. Hackerman

Hackerman User

I have never tried to draw while the VC is still in the heater. Interesting.

Kind of like hitting it while the flame is still on it (with a lighter). I believe I have read about people doing that.

Ricardo likes this.
  3. pacpav

pacpav Member

So last year I decided to purchase a vapcap M, I was interested in a volcano but could not justify the price. After my initial vapcap purchase the VAS got me.. Just got my 7th vapcap in today the OG glass :)

[​IMG]

mrb, banana_republic, myla and 11 others like this.
  4. kent1146

kent1146 Member

[​IMG]

I call this DIH-005: The Russian Doll

This can be built entirely using off-the-shelf parts and common tools. I created some design notes, and shared them out in another thread (here).

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  5. VaporWare

VaporWare Well-Known Member

It sounds like you need to check out the NewVape FlowerPot (or just stick with the VapCap and find something other than a vape to have _AS for). ;)

Summer and Ricardo like this.
  6. Frenchy

Frenchy Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, how many of you with an Omni actually adjust the airflow at all? And if you do, why?

Ricardo likes this.
  7. VaporWare

I haven’t done it in a while since I settled on fully extended with the carb hole closed for most of the draw, but I started out using it wide open and I’m sure I’ll play with different settings again.

My sense of it is that most people do what I did, find the setting they like best and leave it there most or all of the time, but if I was getting vapor that was too dense I’d shorten the condenser and uncover the carb hole more.

For me it’s not a critical feature (at least right now), but I’m glad I got to try different settings when I started using it and I’m not sorry I have the option of adjusting it in the future. :)

NYC_Frank, Squiby, cybrguy and 5 others like this.
  8. Ricardo

Ricardo Well-Known Member

Well, if you buy an OmniVap you have to set it one way or another. I set mine to almost fully closed but if I'm honest I think feathering the carbhole is much more of factor than the length of the condenser. Even set to fully open (more airflow) I still inhale first to mouth and then to lungs.

Squiby, VaporWare and Frenchy like this.
  9. The Beagle

The Beagle Bubbles & Bags

Same here, uneven roast and incomlete extraction every time wgile with a torch I can get consistent and full extractions.
    I guess I should put my IH on Classifieds soon...

When I didn't have two separate tips I used to set it fully open when direct drawing for cooler vapor and fully close with water for thicker hits.

Frenchy likes this.
  10. Andreaerdna

Andreaerdna If God is the answer, then the question is wrong

There should be a way to adjust how deep you insert VC into IH coil, this can make huge difference
    Also counting a couple of 1000 after click helps

I get same even roast as with torch every time

Squiby likes this.
  11. beyond6strings

beyond6strings Just another traveller in the Cannaverse

I adjust the air flow to fully closed. I do so because I use my vapcaps almost exclusively through water and carbs are pretty useless for that.

Squiby and Frenchy like this.
  12. -dab8-

-dab8- Dyna-saur

I have an Omni and Omni xl, both of which I never ever have the screen set for anything other than full capacity (regardless of how much material I plan on using), and both of which I always leave wide open as far as air control.

So...

Did I really need omni’s?

Yes, because they are titanium, and I’m a DynaVap addict. Lol. Someday I may turn them into spinning mouthpiece units, but I still feel like I haven’t played with the adjustable airflow part enough to do that yet.

NYC_Frank, Squiby and DirtyD like this.
  13. kurt6652

kurt6652 Well-Known Member

The adjustable air flow is nice, but the big benefit (for me) is not having to mess orings
    The omni condenser has fixed orings, so cleaning and reassembling is hassle free.

NYC_Frank, Squiby, Frenchy and 5 others like this.
  14. stark1

stark1 Beam me up, Scottie

Nice. Looks like you beat DV on the coffee mug theme.

Be nice if someone came up with a scaled down pocket-able version. YMMV

Squiby, -dab8- and Copacetic like this.
  15. westchop

westchop Active Member

Best day ever! Woke to a notice from the post office that my first ever vape (M w/ ti tip and MP) is coming today instead of Monday!!!! :clap::D

16. -dab8-

-dab8- Dyna-saur

You are going to ADORE it. Welcome to the entrance to the never ending rabbit hole.

17. westchop

westchop Active Member

I must resist VAS with all of my being. :nod: :lol: :rofl:

Squiby and Ricardo like this.
  18. beyond6strings

:popcorn:

You picked the wrong vape for that. There are so many VAS rabbit holes you can go down with the vapcap.

-dab8-, Squiby, Ricardo and 3 others like this.
  19. westchop

westchop Active Member

It appears that you speak from experience. ;)

Ricardo, cybrguy and beyond6strings like this.
  20. beyond6strings

Yepperding dang doodle I sure do.

Squiby, Mr. Me2, Ricardo and 2 others like this.
  21. stark1

stark1 Beam me up, Scottie

You are hooked. Line, and sinker. Sucker!

Welcome to our black hole. :wave:

Mr. Me2, Ricardo, westchop and 3 others like this.
  22. Ramahs

Ramahs Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

No, no, no. You must EMBRACE the VAS!

Let the the VAS flow through you, and the light of the VAS will bring you peace! :evil::razz::evil::razz:

-dab8-, Squiby, Mr. Me2 and 4 others like this.
  23. VaporWare

Joking aside, while I have other great vaporizers and still want more, if I were stuck on an island with just what you’re getting, something good to fill it with and a heat source, I would do fine and be happy.

If you can’t afford to collect a bunch of this stuff right now, don’t resist VAS, just know you’re in good shape with what you have and don’t let VAS start unless/until you’re ready for it. ;)

If you want some perspective, I know that just about everyone here loves shiny new interesting things, but I know someone who smoked for 40-50 years and just has a single standard 18M now. He is VAS-free. :)

Prophecy, -dab8-, Squiby and 9 others like this.
  24. westchop

westchop Active Member

Well at least there's hope . . .

25. Gigsabits53

Gigsabits53 Well-Known Member

It's very hard to resist VAS, as others have mentioned. I'm pretty much a failure at avoiding the syndrome.
    I like to try new vaporizers so I find myself wanting almost all of them. I probably have too many vapes but it's
    something I find interesting, a hobby I guess.

The best thing to do is dont get ahead of your wallet, so to speak. Keep things in budget and buy the right product.
    Like right now there are three vapes I know I am going to buy at some point in the next year. Solo II, SB Runt, and
    the Flowerpot.

Who am I kidding, it's never-ending. I just call it one of my hobbies and I justify it to myself that way.
    Enjoy!!:)

Summer, Ricardo, paehtod and 4 others like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors