Edgedamage

Finished my R2D2 travel mug IH. It's powered by 3 18650s in a 3s config.

View of the back with main power switch and charge port.

Shot of the fire button and the charger running.

I had a lot of fun building this, the hardest part was waiting for parts from china. I decided to use a 3s charger module, insted of getting a external charger. The module has a working voltage range of 13 to 20 volts DC.

Vaporware

Another quick question is there a preference for the spinning or OmniVap mouthpiece? I actually just found these are two different animals. One is a set it and forget it once you have your sweet spot.

The external part of the mouthpiece is actually the same, so it makes more sense to me to talk about it as a difference in the condenser (part of which is attached to the mouthpiece in the Omni).

Anyway, there are plenty of people who prefer each one. Many people love the Omni, and mine is my most used portable, but I do still tend to use the carb even with the condenser fully extended, so it’s not exactly set it and forget it for everyone.

The standard condenser and spinning mouthpiece is not one you can set in that way, but in some ways it’s actually more flexible since you can use it in any model, even the M (which makes it XL length), and it has the advantage of spinning you can hold it and just spin the rest of the VC as you heat it.

There’s not really a wrong thing to buy in the current lineup, it’s just personal preference. :)

If the amount of draw restriction matters to you though, I think the M with its standard SS tip is the most restricted by a good margin* and the Omni with a Ti tip and the condenser shortened should be the most open.

*Unless you count aftermarket stems without carb holes...I’m guessing one of those with a stainless steel tip would be even more restricted, but they pump out the vapor and a lot of people like them that way!

Summer

Long Island, NY
If the amount of draw restriction matters to you though, I think the M with its standard SS tip is the most restricted by a good margin* and the Omni with a Ti tip and the condenser shortened should be the most open.

For me, the M18 is less restrictive than the Omni fully open. The M18 has a larger carb hole & the new tip fins allow more airflow. But, that's just my opinion.

Brian Patrick

Does anyone know if a Doob Tube would fit inside of a Dynastash XL? I normally have different strains and I don't like to mix and also need to keep smell at a minimum. Just looking at options.

The leather pouch I saw posted is a good option that I might go with.

Vaporware

For me, the M18 is less restrictive than the Omni fully open. The M18 has a larger carb hole & the new tip fins allow more airflow. But, that's just my opinion.

That’s interesting. I haven’t used the M18 with the SS tip in a while, and I’ve used the Ti tips more on both the M and Omni, but I’ve heard plenty of other people also say that they felt more restriction with the SS tip than the Ti too so I thought of it as a fairly settled issue. I guess it’s not, and I’d better try the M18/SS again! :)

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I’ve heard plenty of other people also say that they felt more restriction with the SS tip than the Ti too so I thought of it as a fairly settled issue.
The s/s tip has more restriction than the Ti, by a long way, Summer has confused you by talking about the larger carb hole on the M18 compared to an omni. If you block off the carb hole and try each tip in the M body you will soon see what I mean.

StringTheorista

mtt952.jpg

So this worked. Using 91% iso, and a length of braided hemp. It seems to not blacken the cap if you bury it in the flame as George demonstrated. Heated quite quickly. First thought: this shape tin is not ideal—hard to spin the vapcap close to it, because flame is low and top is wide and flat. A small Ball jar would probably work better. But I’ve got proof of concept :D

Still want that IH though...

stark1

Lonesome Planet
That’s interesting. I haven’t used the M18 with the SS tip in a while, and I’ve used the Ti tips more on both the M and Omni, but I’ve heard plenty of other
people also say that they felt more restriction with the SS tip than the Ti too so I thought of it as a fairly settled issue. I guess it’s not, and I’d better try the M18/SS again! :)

You may find having these little files in your DynaMod Kit will open up the SS Metal VapCap Tip a tad.

About $4 bux.

2yltipt.jpg
:love:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I'm interested in a set. Where might I find these? Thank you, @stark1
I ordered the same set from Amazon last year for all of $3 delivered. It is $4 delivered at the moment...
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M1NBPBR/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I may go with the leather storage pouch.
I have been lusting for the leather pouch at https://delta3dstudios.com/leather-vapcap-case/ since he posted it, but never pulled the trigger.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution

stark1

Lonesome Planet
The old. And the new. :spliff:

Spent part of the morning yesterday visiting the memorable room in the Homestead where Emily Dickinson wrote most of her 1776 or so poems.

Thunderstruck by the circumference in her (im)mortality, almost feeling the evanescence
of the white heat—“Are you nobody, too?” she said, behind her door. Some hundred and fifty years or so ago.

—Yes, we are still looking for Carlo, the groundskeeper said, as I was leaving (Carlo was her huge Newfoundland companion dog).

Me, with my new fangled Vapcap in hand, high as a kite....

1zn1oqe.jpg

Last edited:

primitiveorganic

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I get so excited watching these creations come to life! So I had to share! I’m now also making Bigger smell proof stashes to hold up to 3 grams of cannabis! (Pictured below) that specific one is getting a new home in France!

Also just receivedsome gorgeous Maple Burl in the mail!

Just wanted to share! Hope all is well my fellow vapcappers!

Green Spalted tamarid Matching set
2vkkkfn.jpg

Ebony Smell proof stash w/ abalone accent - can hold up to 3 grams
2ch3jg9.jpg

Some New inventory just arrived into the shop! These look phenomenal!
3523bwm.jpg

doug@futo

Owner @ Futo
Accessory Maker
Does anyone know if a Doob Tube would fit inside of a Dynastash XL? I normally have different strains and I don't like to mix and also need to keep smell at a minimum. Just looking at options.

The leather pouch I saw posted is a good option that I might go with.

@Park Ranger there's handy smell proof baggies available at every headshop, another option is the larger silicone jars.. are doob tubes smell proof?

rgeous Maple Burl in the mail!

Just wanted to share! Hope all

@primitiveorganic nice lathe work.

Hey so I started a new thread for the FutoStash, so while I may pop by here and show off new ones occasionally, you'll need to watch our thread here for updates from the Futo shop

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
So, I picked up the induction heater driver and power adapter from @Pipes to build into whichever custom enclosure I can find that fits my fancy.

Well, I've been looking around online (and need to hit up some local garage sales and thrift stores), but haven't found anything perfect yet. So, I just put it in a grinder box I had laying around for now. Works fine, but I know I need to find something more permanent soon. lol

Call me lazy or whatever, but it still works fine for now :rofl:

e6vuc1.jpg

Skunkport

...assembling in a ship in the bottle style?

I've been looking at gravity bongs recently. Now if you fancy a waterfall gravity bong, try looking for a 'drink dispenser' on ebay or amazon.

All you need is a bowl for the top, put a bottle under the tap so you can fill it backup after.

7naN6Bu.jpg

This one is 2 liters.

lptus2ptj5h11.jpg

For a bucket one, the gravitron is copied on DHGate but I think it'd be pretty easy to make your own with a vase and a wine bottle, or 2 different size bottles. All you need is a glass cutter.

rBVaI1hJbJ6AElcPAAEr6TbZr84309.jpg

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Thanks but "normal" gravity bongs are pretty nice by function but not as fancy as the construction of the Stundenglass is. That is a gravity bong I'm really tempted by. The only real problem is finding such glass parts as they use. Design of construction of the Stundenglass stand is failed IMO and can be optimized with ease.

Top Bottom