stark1

Lonesome Planet
A while back @Winegums posted pictures of a bamboo stem he had harvested
From his yard.

It was said that come summer a butterfly net handle from the $ store can be used to make a similar stem. I thought I would follow suit.

Informally, of course.

“Harvested” a whoopee! Bamboo stem! —Saved a few butterfly’s. Butts.

Walla.

( PS drank a few Opa Opa blueberry lagers so )

292me74.jpg

Last edited:

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
A demi-hemi-semi VapCap. No bull.

Joust tiny.

2jdkt4j.jpg

Sherlock Jr. Cute, but I bet it kicks butt. The last pipe I had whilst I combusted was a tobacco pipe I bought on Amazon. I took out the 'filter', popped in a SS screen, and man it was pretty sweet.

Still happy I made the decision to fuck combustion though. My vapcaps through a bong give me every bit the same, or better, kick than a bong rip did. And used natively, it's just like the bat one-hitter I used when I traveled the country with a dugout as my stash.

Vapor4me

Oooo! Tell us about the concentrate prototype! I keep asking but no one seems to know anything.

The prototype for concentrates I saw is an add-on, not a concentrate specific vapcap.

And I got confirmation that it will be out soon. The VAS IS real... I've been using hemp fibre, wrapping with bubble hash bits in the middle (combusted 1st time), or simply dipping the tip in dry sift when quantities allow.

Are there any other methods? I'm ordering firefly concentrate pads to reshape, or should I simply use one from a S&B dosing capsule? is there much size difference? I have the latter.

However, if you want an official Dynavap product, you want to support the company, and/or you like the cup-style design they seem to be going with, it’s probably worth waiting a few months or buying another option now and passing it on to someone else when the Dynavap version is released.

I do appreciate the Dynavap approach, and how closely they listen and work with their client base, how they experiment, but throroughtly test before release... but at the end of the day, I won't be able to afford shipping a DV and a Pipes IH from overseas. So if anyone finds themselves is the position above suggested by VaporWare, and has a DV or a Pipes IH too many (is that even a possibility?), please think about me, particularly if in the EU.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Pro-tip - If your vapcap isn't producing anything at all after 2 heatings and draws, stop. You may have missed out an important step, such as putting weed inside your vapcap. :bang:

Ha ha. I've done this on more occasions than I'd care to admit :dog:

The prototype for concentrates I saw is an add-on, not a concentrate specific vapcap.

And I got confirmation that it will be out soon. The VAS IS real... I've been using hemp fibre, wrapping with bubble hash bits in the middle (combusted 1st time), or simply dipping the tip in dry sift when quantities allow.

Are there any other methods? I'm ordering firefly concentrate pads to reshape, or should I simply use one from a S&B dosing capsule? is there much size difference? I have the latter.

I've used a piece of super-fine mesh screen that I used to use to build wicks out of several years ago when I used to use rebuildable nicotine vaporizers. I cut off a small strip of it and rolled it to fit perfectly inside the Dynavap tip. Put it in the tip, smash a bit of concentrate down on it, put on my cap and heat (leaning the vaporizer back, toward the mouthpiece, when heating so that the oil melts down into the screen). It's worked very well in the two or three times I've used it that way. I even unlolled the plug after I was done, and it was almost perfectly clean. Everything vaporized.

Here's a shitty pic of what I'm talking about:

IMG_0107.jpg

Ramahs

That is very interesting, thanks for sharing :cheers:

I often don't have access to concentrates other than hash, but do you know where I could get some of that fine mesh? What is it made with?

I only put a tiny little bit of concentrate in there too, a tiny dab, and got three or four heat cycles.

I don't remember where I got the screen. I just dug up an old piece I'd had in a box for years.
I'll look into it, and report back if I find some info.

Ramahs

Not to be a pain in the butt, but could you unroll it, and take a picture?
I’d love to see the mesh, and I see resin in my future...

Well, now I'm embarrassed. It's a bit dirtier than I remember (but, I looked at it after the first bowl. I've used it a couple more times since then, while experimenting a bit with different heating techniques, and may have gotten a bit too hot at the end of the last one (plus, terrible old phone camera).

Anyway, I just unrolled the coil in the last pic (it was actually four strips of mesh), and here is what it looks like. It was my first time experimenting with this:
IMG_0108.jpg

That is very interesting, thanks for sharing :cheers:

I often don't have access to concentrates other than hash, but do you know where I could get some of that fine mesh? What is it made with?

It's stainless steel. This is an example of something similar (five minutes of googling, so I'm just using this as an example):
https://www.amazon.com/WOVEN-STAINL...8038&sr=1-3&keywords=stainless+steel+mesh+400

Ramahs

And a less-fine mesh would probably work better for my thing than what I used. It was just something I had on hand.

All in all though, I still find torch & nail (or pid controller and enail) to be the best for concentrates. Nothing beats "dabbing" with a glass rig when it comes to concentrates.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
Are there any details about the concentrate add on yet? I’d love to know more about it

Not that I'm aware of. I made myself a little concentrate ball with Cannabis Oil, my 'special' hybrid, and some CBD distillate sprinkled on top, popped it in my SS tipped @DDave Water Wand, got a ridiculous amount of heat cycles, watched baseball and then slept like a baby.

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
@Ramahs i'm not to much into concentrates, but i use screens kind of similar with hash - maybe try only one of the 4 strips to spiral it more loose (i prefer 150my mesh) and add the concentrate in a thin line or \\\ before rolling it up, also keeps things a bit cleaner :)

primitiveorganic

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
For all the Lego and mix and match that @VapCap touts, I must admit it is disheartening to see the steel offering as a hook to sell a complete kit. I have no need for additional condensers and tips at this point but would really like a body or stem. I think only offering it like this is a mistake

what type of body are you looking for? after months of trial and error i finally perfected making custom wood bodies if you are interested?

here is an example of orange buckeye burl that i did!
https://imgur.com/iac8OKZ.jpg

Modnote: Edited to display image link

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom