kushkush

happy camper....
are you doing one heating per session?

This is confusing to me too...so I mean one session to be all the heatings for that session. The most heatings I’ve tried so far for one session is 7 and I think after that the bud is pretty well all spent. :)

I also tried using some concentrate in the middle of some bud and that worked great, instead of stressing over mesh screens. :nod:

:2c:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Do you mind directing me towards such articles etc? I'd love to have some scientific arguments while I try to explain why I find vaping better than smoking. My own experiences don't seem to convince. I'm a "lightweight" after all, so they don't take me that seriously.
Not at all. Honestly I don't mean to be rude, but being a 'teach to fish' kinda guy I feel obliged to answer this way...
http://bfy.tw/IqB5

Not everyone sees it the same, of course, but the basics are pretty obvious and some is just common sense.

sk8man121

Frozen_Vaporent
Just a friendly reminder to clean your NEW vapcaps. Brand new M right here after a 5 minute iso wash. The condenser was worse.
28hhkt5.jpg

Skunkport

Sadness :cry: Got a couple parcels through from Aliexpress earlier today and the gorgeous wooden incense stick container I bought is just barely too tight for my VapCap. It almost fits it, just the cap is too wide, although the body is a fairly tight fit too. I may be able to sand it out a little, but then the threaded section would be getting quite thin and probably fragile so I'm dubious whether it's worth it. Any of you wood experts think it's worth a try, or should I try to repurpose this beautifully carved yet currently useless item?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Vin...026.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dFWcEMe

afhvl3.jpg

I know this isn't the grinder thread, but nobody looking for a real grinder is likely to buy the Darth Vader one anyway (Dank Vader? Darth Vaper?) so quick review of that. It seems very well made, except the actual grinder part. :razz: That has mirror polished sides but the actual top and bottom of the grinder part inside appear to be cast and just left rough. The kief compartment looks machined from solid aluminium and has concentric marks, possibly from a lathe?
Useless as a grinder since everything will stick, haven't bothered testing how well it grinds.
Still worth $7 for a cool Vader figurine with a moveable head, which is why I chanced it.

2mw8eh2.jpg

I don't actually see the stand pictured shown anywhere, but it looks pretty nice imo, maybe it'll give one of you craftsmen a new concept or something.

HTB1gXsMXv5TBuNjSspcq6znGFXaf.jpg

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
YIKes!

Correct me, but shouldn’t a product which will be used to inhale into the consumers’ lungs
come clean from the factory floor? A cleaning step, before mailing!
It's been discussed many times, but there hasn't been any response from Dynavap in the form of a cleaning step before shipping. The user is expected to clean their vape before use.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Actually this doesn't bother me at all, but a note to clean/wipe out a vape when new wouldn't hurt. Individually cleaning each part (which is what you would need to do) is too much to ask DV, IMO. It would add to production time and potentially raise the price.
Whether they precleaned or not I would be cleaning them before using them as I highly recommend we all do with ANY manufactured part (particularly metal or glass) that one might breath through no matter who makes it.

Newcastle

Stoned!
This gets beat to death. Some insist it should be clean from DV. I say I clean all my vapes before I use them no matter if it is suppose to be clean or not. Do you buy dishes and eat off of them before washing them? You will clean your DV a gazillion times after use so whats one more...:2c:

corvidae

I have a bit of background spending some time in fabrication shops, and I'd say DV does clean their stuff out before shipping it off but the process isn't perfect. We'd string up tube parts on steel wires and throw the bigger parts in a basket, and it goes into an industrial sized cleaner at very high temps and with detergents etc. The thing is that even then it doesn't come out perfectly clean from cutting fluid etc, clean enough for powder coat but not clean enough for licking, and getting it sparkling before shipping would take a lot of work and would only get them 99% of the way.

Lady V

Not at all. Honestly I don't mean to be rude, but being a 'teach to fish' kinda guy I feel obliged to answer this way...
http://bfy.tw/IqB5

Not everyone sees it the same, of course, but the basics are pretty obvious and some is just common sense.

Hahahaha! Funny link. I know you mean well!
I actually can take apart my computer and reassemble it, let alone know how to use google. I have done the google research thing plenty of times. That's how I got to find you lovely people on my own while none of my friends know nothing about vaping. I'm honestly having a hard time finding anything about the "asphyxiation" part you mentioned. Honestly, most articles on smoking vs vaping seem slightly sales-ie to me. (I'm sold of course, that's why I already got 4 VCs and hoping to get more)

That's what interested me! I won't go on with this cuz I'm getting dangeroulsy off subject...

JamesTiberiousKirk

Yes. I don't have a dishwasher, to hell with extra washing. Won't taste any difference anyway with my cooking skills, sometimes I need to get extra stoned to eat my own cooking!

I only use paper plates, and then recycle them.

As for machining oil: that is what makes a new vaporizer taste like a virgin. Kinda like that new car smell.

jds

Do most people here grind their bud before sticking it in the chamber?

I've experimented with both grinding and sticking whole buds in there and can't seem to notice much difference so I've been asking myself if I'm not just wasting time grinding.

kushkush

happy camper....
Do most people here grind their bud before sticking it in the chamber? I've experimented with both grinding and sticking whole buds in there and can't seem to notice much difference so I've been asking myself if I'm not just wasting time grinding.

I’ve grinded and just used a bud too...but I settled on grinding because then I could just put it all neatly in a small dynastash with no fuss when filling the chamber. :)

:2c:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I'm honestly having a hard time finding anything about the "asphyxiation" part you mentioned.
The short answer is that any time you breath in particulates, whether they be from cigarettes or cannabis or your couch in a house fire you are covering your lung alveoli preventing them from taking in oxygen. The more particulates you get the less oxygen you get. When you don't get enough oxygen to sustain yourself you start asphyxiating. The main difference (other than what is actually burning) between what you breath in a house fire (where asphyxiating is the most common cause of death) and smoking cigarettes (or cannabis) is the degree or relative amount of particulates. How much particulate matter are you inhaling and how effectively does it block oxygen. Why does a non smoker who has a cigarette get dizzy? Nicotine may be a factor, but the main reason is a lack of oxygen. It's all a matter of degrees.

There are many more reason including heat, etc, but this is the short answer. Google has the long answer.

Ricardo

Do you wash new underwear before you use it? (EDIT: the correct answer is YES )
On the other hand, it never occurred to me to clean the DaVinci Ascent or another electronic vape before using them. It's like getting a new phone, charge 'em up and you're good to go. Maybe Dynavap should* recommended a full cleaning before first use. (Has anyone died?) .
*I hate this word =ought to =I'm right and you're wrong....... Don't get me started :myday:

Lady V

The short answer is that any time you breath in particulates, whether they be from cigarettes or cannabis or your couch in a house fire you are covering your lung alveoli preventing them from taking in oxygen. The more particulates you get the less oxygen you get. When you don't get enough oxygen to sustain yourself you start asphyxiating. The main difference (other than what is actually burning) between what you breath in a house fire (where asphyxiating is the most common cause of death) and smoking cigarettes (or cannabis) is the degree or relative amount of particulates. How much particulate matter are you inhaling and how effectively does it block oxygen. Why does a non smoker who has a cigarette get dizzy? Nicotine may be a factor, but the main reason is a lack of oxygen. It's all a matter of degrees.

There are many more reason including heat, etc, but this is the short answer. Google has the long answer.

Thank you for taking the time! I really appreciate this! This will make my Google query much easier!

Skunkport

I don't wash anything before I wear it, you lose that 'new' feel! Nothing better then opening a packet of boxers after a good shower and sliding on a fresh new pair before going out, gives you that 'I'm ready to get run over now Mum!' feeling of invulnerability(do you have that in the usa? Mum's telling you to wear clean underwear in case you get run over?).

2hi9u2s.jpg

I haven't been out anywhere nice in a while lol, so they stay in the packet.

Ricardo

I've just had to make that choice. Opted for smallish nuggets. Yeah, good enough but then I thought I'd stir it up, lost a bit of material but got another good couple of hits. My preference, medium-fine ground herb, enough for 3 or 4 days. Yep. I'll get onto that once this sun decides to set :peace:

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker

That and also the carbon monoxide ( as a main combustion byproduct ) substituting the oxygen .Still suffocation is the preferred method for quite a few to get dizzy,high or even to obtain sexual satisfaction.Thing is that the black dressed bony “ ripper “ is always there at such cases.
Waiting patiently for the last breath.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I hate to admit this cause its really stupid, but when I was a kid (like 8 or 10) we used to spin as long as we could and then have a friend get behind you and squeeze you as hard as they could until either you gave or passed out. It was a very early (and unhealthy) way to get high, and it worked quite well. And I never got any of those brain cells back...
to obtain sexual satisfaction
More than a few folks, some quite famous (Carradine comes to mind) have been found dead hanging in their closet with their pants down...

Last edited:
Top Bottom