Lady V

they will end up vacuumed eventually (eventually...)
Hahahahahahaha! Eventually!

You must still have good sight, I have geezer (senior) friends who claim their
Arms aren’t growing long enough for them to read the print.

Those 8.something mm discs are tiny! :hmm:

I'm short-sighted and a glass-wearer since I turned 9. I was lucky I had it dropped on the kitchen bench after cleaning it. Just got covered by a jar.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Thanks! Off to tinypic....

YAAAa....ay!

ffahrn.jpg

Last edited:

Baked-not-fried

riding the Cannabreak train...
So, still really enjoying my M17. Great little device. Really trying to refrain from seeing what kind of things this is interchangeable with. I look at all the lovely creations you all have and am in awe. I had two questions, surely the answers are found here somewhere but figured I'd be lazy and ask. :uhoh: Will these last forever if you care for them, do the rings wear out eventually? Also, I figured I'd link the style of IH it came with. Works like a champ. Maybe a cheap standby for wait-listers?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SJK...b-Infared-Carving-Wax-Heater/32845705606.html

Baked-not-fried

Are you saying you own one of these and it works with the Vapcap?

I have asked here a dozen times and all the "experts" say it does not work.

I do. It came w/ the used M I bought and it works great! I just keep it plugged in on top of my desktop and use it as needed. It also came with a Vertigo torch but I don't plan on using that.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I don't think people are saying they don't work so much as they're saying they don't work very well. I suspect if @Baked-not-fried tried his M with a dedicated IH from @Pipes he would easily appreciate the difference.

Now I haven't tried one so I have no direct experience, just others opinions. My jarhead takes about 5 or 6 seconds to click. How long does that Chinese heater take? The jarhead also doesn't pull more than 1/2 watt until you press down on the switch. I would guess that the other heater is always on, but that's a guess.

I have bought one of those devices for quite some price (the original unit, not the chinese copy). Short story: Not worth the trouble. It is not properly adjustable to the VC mass and fails miserably. Don't spend a single cent on a device like this - Learn from my expensive mistake... ;)

More misinformation from FC??? This was one of several of the experts telling me it does not work. Read the IH heater thread. You'll see them all.

No big deal. Just don't call me a liar again so I have to go looking for more proof. Thanks

Hackerman,

Baked-not-fried

Sorry, I'm hoping I didn't open anything:worms:. I can say though, it works great. If you go over two clicks it will even combust using this IH.
I don't think people are saying they don't work so much as they're saying they don't work very well. I suspect if @Baked-not-fried tried his M with a dedicated IH from @Pipes he would easily appreciate the difference.

Now I haven't tried one so I have no direct experience, just others opinions. My jarhead takes about 5 or 6 seconds to click. How long does that Chinese heater take? The jarhead also doesn't pull more than 1/2 watt until you press down on the switch. I would guess that the other heater is always on, but that's a guess.

It takes roughly about that, 6 seconds to two-click. It heats in 2 second clicks. Go through that 5 times, then shuts off. If you want more heat yo simply pull the M out and start over. It only comes on when you insert the M in the hole. It really is cool and works nicely. It wasn't something I went looking for, it came with the used M. Hopefully it didn't seem like I was making an arguement against any other IH. Just pointing out to the community my lovely and maybe lucky? experience with this unit. :)

Skunkport

Just don't call me a liar again so I have to go looking for more proof. Thanks

People really get touchy in here if you question them...I didn't call you a liar, untwist your panties, I asked where it said it.

I've found multiple people saying it does work however. The only place I see people saying they don't work very well...is the thread for the guy who makes them himself.

lazylathe 2 points 5 months ago

Just reporting that i located my induction heater after the move and have just tested it with my old Ti Woody! My unit is a dental lab unit, so more sensitive than the one from Amazon and it required a bit of adjustment as it was almost too hot.

After a bit of fiddling i have it down! Load, insert for about 10 seconds and "click" it's ready to go! First heating on a cold vapcap and there is not too much vapor but amazing taste! 2nd heating cycle is where it is at! Good taste and big clouds!

Not a bad option for those who do not want to DIY one.

--------------------------------------------

netkillercatFlowermate,vapcap,xmax-fog,starry,fury2 1 point 3 months ago

Working with no problems it works.

-------------------------------------------

Drizzle8888 1 point 5 months ago

How do you like the heater? I bought the basic China heater and it works but not as well I feel as a torch lighter does. I'm playing around with the coils to try and find a better solution without luck so far. This might be a better option and isn't as schetchy and cleaner looking lol

------------------------------------------

that_one_guy39 2 points 5 months ago

I re-wrapped my coil on an AA battery for that 14-15mm ID(don't mess up your coil wire coating, or it'll heat itself)

Works like magic, i don't even have a glass tube in it.

Summer

Long Island, NY
Please note that imgur is once again returning error 403 (access forbidden) for links from FC. This has happened in the past and required a contact from @vtac to correct the problem, but sadly vtac is not around right now. Please note that right-clicking the broken image link, copying the image address, and viewing the image separately will add it to your cache, then reloading the page with the broken link will work correctly.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Just FYI, Pak's solution doesn't work for me for some reason, but replying to the post shows it in the compose window and that's all I need.

Just caught what I was doing wrong. Pak meant reloading the page by hitting the back arrow (I suppose) rather than refreshing the page reloading which makes it go away again.

Too high I guess... ;)

Last edited:

Vaporware

This thread moves so fast we have FlowerPot related posts dragged out for pages...I’ll try to keep it short.

@alex91 You have a good variety of vapes, and only you know why.

If you find the effects from all of them very similar and you only switch based on size/power source types of differences then you may not think the FlowerPot is much different either.

If you do feel real differences between them, then why wouldn’t you expect to notice a real difference between a conduction-heavy hybrid portable like the VapCap that heats and cools very quickly, and a high powered convection desktop that will maintain a pretty consistent temperature throughout the longest draw you can throw at it?

I’m not going to tell you one or the other is better, but I can tell you for me they are clearly not the same and I do feel like I was missing something before I picked up the FP,
and something else before I picked up the VC.

stardustsailor

Accessory Maker
@stardustsailor, are these intended so you can use a body (not stem) on an XL condenser? Or are they just Dynavap baubles? Either way I like them a lot!
Neither .They can be used only with (any) carbless stem which has ID = 8 mm .
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My new 6th Gen Ti tip just arrived !

Some first notes about it :

- It is the heaviest amongst the last three gens .
Their weight -with silicone o-rings on :
4th gen Ti Tip : 3,4 gr
5th gen Ti tip : 2,95 gr
6th gen Ti tip : 3,5 gr

-It was totally clean,free of any machining dust or lubricant .

-The walls of the chamber and tube ( where the fins are located ) seem thicker than the previous gens .

-The tip seems to be electro-polished .While I can see the feeding grooves left by the cutting tool,
still the tip has a mirror-like shiny surface.Also inside the chamber there's a slightly bluish tint ,
like the one the freshly zinc-plated metal objects have.The tip seems like it was
chrome or nickel plated,but of course it is not.
Electro-polishing then ?

Cheers.

Last edited:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
So, still really enjoying my M17. Great little device. Really trying to refrain from seeing what kind of things this is interchangeable with. I look at all the lovely creations you all have and am in awe. I had two questions, surely the answers are found here somewhere but figured I'd be lazy and ask. :uhoh: Will these last forever if you care for them, do the rings wear out eventually? Also, I figured I'd link the style of IH it came with. Works like a champ. Maybe a cheap standby for wait-listers?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SJK...b-Infared-Carving-Wax-Heater/32845705606.html

Are you sure it is an “Induction” Heater, and not an “Infrared” Heater.

An “IH”, not to be confused with an “IH”. :wave:

Top Bottom