Dutch-Mic

WYiTnJw.jpg
That little bunny is so cute, I can't handle it. Need my VC asap to calm down :D

About the TI condensers: do the owners of the new condenser notice a difference in taste compared to the SS condenser?

stark1

Lonesome Planet
wyBLi7I.jpeg

Saw this earlier just in case anyone is still interested in buying one.

"Again?"

Wonder if they found a cache for ca$h—wonder why they price them in $?

Shouldn’t the € be the standard?

O boy, could use a few fragile original VapCaps! Will the mailing be cost effective?

Ironic, getting something that had crossed the pond once from stateside.

Maybe we can ask Geo to pick up some while he is in the Dam!:rofl:

b0liviS.jpg

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@phattpiggie thanks for the heads up but... Yikes! £40? Just for the opportunity to break it?! I believe I'd rather put that dosh towards a more robust stem from one of our in-house talents :cool:. Speaking of, I'd like to second all the praise for the bocote open twist with black glass up the page. It's stunning, truly.

Whoever is getting that is a lucky son/daughter of a :evil: but then really, I could say that about so many of the pictures in this thread! The ecosystem around this one little vaporization device in such a short period is nothing short of AMAZING! Is there another with so many aftermarket options and accessories?

@stark1 It changes currency according to where you are in the world. Interwebs!

I got my second DV package and I really like the Vertigo Razor lighter. I use it backwards so that the flames face me and the lid gives me a background so I can easily see the proper level to keep the rotating tip. Among my laundry list of medical conditions, I've got retinal scar tissue on my right eye; collateral damage from a disease, it's just like macular degeneration. I've learned that it really messes with my depth perception using single torches. I've found using dual torch perpendicularly works best for me; giving precision with more forgiveness. With the Razor and Trek models, I've got 2 dependable doubles! Yay!

And because I haven't said so lately: I still love my omni xl so much! It's the everlasting honeymoon!

BUT - @Dutch-Mic - after @stardustsailor (aka Mr Wizard) told us about the Ti condensers, I had to dig into my DV cigarbox and LEGO an M body with the new condenser plus Ti tip & Ti spinning mp for a totally titanium path and yes, it was different! More tasty and true to the herb, I think. Two thumbs up for me!

When @phattpiggie sent me the glass condenser to test before deciding whether I wanted glass or metal on my upcoming stem, I was blown away by the flavour. I'm very glad I went with the glass option on my piggie stem for the flavourful pathway

So in the name of science yesterday, I loaded another Ti cap and an SS cap to try both with the glass & titanium condensers. Perhaps unsurprisingly, the glass seemed to give a more flavourful profile than the Ti but not by much, which did surprise me tbh. I expected more difference between the two but both were very neutral. I'm definitely a fan and advocate of the new Ti condensers and think every TRUE vapcap lover should replace all SS condensers immediately or face a trial by a jury of their peers.

When using glass, I couldn't tell any difference between SS & Ti tips but thought I could tell a difference between tips using the Ti condenser. I preferred the Ti bits together but that's certainly subjective and I wonder if not maybe even psychosomatic. I am fucking nuts afterall. :mental:

EDIT: fix my dumb-ass mistakes to be understood by the smart people.

thatoneguy445

Got my Portside Mini last night.

Now I know what the heck you guys have been raving about.

I can’t belive the speed - so much quicker than any lighter from a cold start, and I can already see that you’re able to dial in the exact type of hit you’re looking for (will take some practice on my end to get the timing just right).

This is just incredible and changes the Dynavap experience. Out doing yard work all day, and instead of having to make a pit stop in the garage and use the lighter out of view of the neighbors, I can just pop the induction heater on my porch and stick in the VC as needed. :love:

Great work @Pipes!! This thing rocks

Majordude2626

I too recently received a portside mini. My current heating regiment at home consist of initial heat up with dynavap tron double flame. I like that I can heat the entire cap up evenly. I then move to hong jing single flame for the next round. I then pull the cap off, smush down material and stir. Then I tap it down like packing a cig so all material is toward the cap end. I finish off all subsequent heatings with the mini portside. The portside allows me to get full extraction without combustion consistently. If i'm out and about don't do go through this, but when I'm at home I found that this routine really works for me.

StringTheorista

While you’re waiting on PP’s list, the @DDave wand works nicely to have a glass path (I use it natively, as well as thru water), as does a “glass blunt” like this
MhiKiST.jpg

Edit: I can’t get the hang of the f*<%ing photos! I have successfully posted pix in the past, done the exact same thing now and it doesn’t happen. Argh!

@ataxian, that torch looks like it’s pretty intense for a vapcap. Now I understand your cap ;)

Thanks Mod. I’m hopeless
Modnote: Edited to display image

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Do U use H2O with your VAPCAP?
Dznh0Fx.jpg

Sorry I might be over MEDICATED?
CIVILIZED = not really
Ruh roh. Sad. Ya gotta replace her. She is a staple...

Good News. CHEAP GLASS! :tup:

Ya GOTTA have a D020.
5yYtQJN.jpg

BTW, my other standard condenser I got on 420 was Ti too.

So, what are we gonna do with all the SS ones we have collected? :p

(Can't believe I have a piece of scotch tape blocking that airhole...)

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I very much like your new avatar @cybrguy.
Thanks. He is cute, isn't he. He is an Axolotl often called a Mexican walking fish or Mexican Salamander.
I'm fascinated by sea creatures, but this guy is an amphibian.
@cybrguy When were you in Club Med? which Village? (I used to work for CM) how do you like the new wood vong wood? I was contemplating picking one up however my affinity for metal:rockon: is rather substantial.
I was in Playa Blanca many many years ago when I was a travel agent. I am still using up my last Club Med scratch paper block...

I have a light wood and a dark wood Vong from the flash sale and I like them very much. I have a Cocobolo original style of the Nonavong, but it doesn't seal as well as the newer ones so it has been somewhat retired. It will keep it's SS condenser... ;)
iB2kDDx.jpg

3f6nBHU.jpg

Marlon Rando

I was in Playa Blanca many many years ago when I was a travel agent. I am still using up my last Club Med scratch paper block...
haha! I worked in that village back in the early aughts, those were the days I miss the club, its not the same anymore. many resorts closed and are more family oriented 4 tridents. they sent me all over the map when i was there, I still have some club med money! haha.
back OT, I like the lighter wood very clean looking

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
haha! I worked in that village back in the early aughts,
I would have been there is the early nineties. I was a TA from 88 to 95.

So, I have really come to like using the vongs through water, and I really like the new design. My only issue with them is the air hole is a little too close to the tip end to easily get an xring in there to block. I watched the way George put it in in a recent video, adding it after assembly, and I just can't get it done that way. I tend to put it at the end of the condenser and then try to get it through the vong, but it usually hangs up somewhere short of the hole. At the moment I am using tape.
I will continue to practice George's method. I am afraid I will tear the xring with the digger outter so I am looking around here for a better less sharp tool.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
OK ok, I won't, butt you have to leave yours up... <g>

Anyway, back on the subject, I figured out a decent way to get the xring on the north side of the air hole. Put in the condenser without the last xring and push it PAST flush with the mp side so that it sticks out a little on the tip side. Then I was able to put the last oring on and push it just past flush (to flush on the mp side) and then put on the tip. I don't know if this will always work, but it worked just now.

I still need to find the right pen to manipulate the xring inside the stem... (don't)

stark1

Lonesome Planet
:spliff:
While you’re waiting on PP’s list, the @DDave wand works nicely to have a glass path (I use it natively, as well as thru water), as does a “glass blunt” like this
MhiKiST.jpg

Edit: I can’t get the hang of the f*<%ing photos! I have successfully posted pix in the past, done the exact same thing now and it doesn’t happen. Argh!

@ataxian, that torch looks like it’s pretty intense for a vapcap. Now I understand your cap ;)

Thanks Mod. I’m hopeless
Modnote: Edited to display image

Like the looks of your Grav, what adapter is that? Oh, you had said
a circumcized eye dropper bulb. It works! :cheers:

Will look nicer by trimming the sails on it?

Waiting on Monday for a DDave h2o VC stem, maybe get the fine
MP/Grav blunt...

Soothes out the trauma from the 420 experience. :dog:

Top Bottom