VanCough

Environmentalist
My bet is that they're going to send you a sorry not sorry message, telling you that you may keep it free of charge as a kind of complimentary gift. Returning the items and reimbursing you for tax and shipping would be way too complicated for a company to bother. I'm happy for you! :)

Except it’s not free of charge because I paid twice...

Radamisto

I believe @Radamisto meant that after they've refunded you the $ for one of the orders they'll tell you to keep the other order at no charge.

It is not. :-P In don't know about HM Revenue and Customs (God, I'd love to be a British subject! Everything sounds so much cooler when it is royal: Royal Navy, Royal Mail, etc.), but in Germany you'd have to pay 19% VAT on goods that you import into the EU. Meaning that he gets to keep an item with a sales value of around a 100 USD. I think that makes for a nice gift!

Moreover, one isn't forced to accept the parcel and pay the tax. You can always decline and have it sent back to the sender, even after opening it in front of the customs officer.

beyond6strings

Just another traveller in the Cannaverse
It is not. :-P In don't know about HM Revenue and Customs (God, I'd love to be a British subject! Everything sounds so much cooler when it is royal: Royal Navy, Royal Mail, etc.), but in Germany you'd have to pay 19% VAT on goods that you import into the EU. Meaning that he gets to keep an item with a sales value of around a 100 USD. I think that makes for a nice gift!

Moreover, one isn't forced to accept the parcel and pay the tax. You can always decline and have it sent back to the sender, even after opening it in front of the customs officer.

I'm extraordinarily confused as to how you think he got a deal if he had to both pay for both orders and pay the 'duty' on each order. That's not a gift, in my eyes at least. There's nothing free in your scenario.

Radamisto

I'm extraordinarily confused as to how you think he got a deal if he had to both pay for both orders and pay the 'duty' on each order. That's not a gift, in my eyes at least. There's nothing free in your scenario.

Ohhhhh, I just reread his post very carefully. You are right, he did pay twice! In that case, I offer a full retraction. I'm curious then how they're going to solve this. I'd expect him to be fully reimbursed if it wasn't his fault. A company has to be able to cover the costs for such errors.

Radamisto,

VanCough

Environmentalist

Just to clarify, I paid for all the items in both orders and the import fee twice.

The value of each order was $51, the import tax for each order was $21.50 because here in the uk we have a ROYAL mail handling fee for any imported packages of $11.

The reason I accepted both parcels is because I wasn’t sure if they’d sent the items I did order separately for some reason. It wasn’t until I got home that I opened them and realised.

I’ve been a vocal supporter of Dynavap’s customer service on this forum and I’m hopeful all will be resolved. It is a pain in the ass that it happened in the first place though and if they hadn’t sent me double the items I probably wouldn’t have realised that I paid twice.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I've been as patient as I can be. I would have been more patient this time if it wasn't a reoccurring thing. I don't feel like I should have to constantly send reminders to a company about an issue. When I have to do that it feels like I'm being neglected or forgotten. Maybe they're too busy filming another video and holding another contest to answer emails?
This whole incident is unfortunate. The whole LE7fin thing went poorly. It was a special request that went awry and was difficult for DV to fabricate and poorly managed from the beginning (No offense Summer) with order handling kinda taking place outside DV (in the thread). I like the tip that was produced but it wasn't worth the trouble. We AND DV live and learn.
If I were you, rather than keep the bad taste in your mouth, I would call DV and ask for George. He has answered the phone 2 of the 3 times I have called them anyway, so you may not need to ask. You follow this thread closely so I don't need to tell you that your experience is not typical and DV goes out of there way to fix things. They have certainly fallen down in your case but if you allow them, they have their own "Life Alert" in their business model.
I know you are having to go further than you should have to on this but shit happens and somehow you and DV are not connecting. Call George. Just my :2c:. I am eminently ignoreable.

If I may add, the only reason I make this post about something that is really none of my business, is that I see you as an important member of this (DV) community and I hate to see unnecessary discomfort within it. So I apologize if I overstep.

Last edited:

Support@lamart

Company Representative (Lamart Tubo)
Company Rep
Wow. Those shure are purty! Is Dave Smith the same as the one who went to Materials Science
At MIT, traced glass casting along the Silk Road, and started his own art glass in Seattle?
Thanks.. Nope, just regular @davesmith , aka glass_Charlie on Instagram.. You can pm him on either :)

9yCEC6b.jpg

GxZQN2K.gif

Oh, and @phattpiggie also made me this..

xMRAOT1.jpg

Amboyna burl cigar.. With an @Aezhenn olive burl tube :)

Last edited:

davesmith

Glass Blower
Hi vapcappers and thanks @Padriano i am making bespoke glass stems, ill be posting them on my ig (glass_charlie) and i may make up a thread somewhere here if i need. Otherwise dms are welcome. Im not taking customs atm theyre just availabe as theyre made. They are condenserless and sometimes carbed. Hope everyones having a vapcap friday!

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Won't be long before I get your Open Twist done @Padriano.
@Aezhenn's Olive wood looks good against the Amboyna.
Until then you can have a look at this one.
Swapped the green out for black.
2wBeZ4k.jpeg

Anyone who has wood finish that has a hard skin on it or lumps of wax you can get it to emulsify again by warming it gently and cooling if slowly.

ParanoidAndroid998

Won't be long before I get your Open Twist done @Padriano.
@Aezhenn's Olive wood looks good against the Amboyna.
Until then you can have a look at this one.
Swapped the green out for black.
2wBeZ4k.jpeg

Anyone who has wood finish that has a hard skin on it or lumps of wax you can get it to emulsify again by warming it gently and cooling if slowly.
That's incredible man... Wow

kuzko

I guess looks can be deceiving, even though it looks like the condenser in my Ti woody has the same bronze-ish hue as my new Ti xl condenser, I just did the flame test, and the woody condenser did not change color much, while my new xl condenser and my 18 M condenser did change to a blue-ish color fast.

Ordered a new standard Ti condenser in the sale yesterday, so that can replace the ss woody one.

Niiizy_503

I’m just now hearing about these VapCaps, n watching a few demonstration vids, n damn! They seam cool.. I’m browsin thru the Dynavap website thinkin about getting one.. the M bundle with the cedar dynastash looks perfect for first time vapcappers like myself.. I have a Switch coming n I hear these things heat up in the switch quite well.

Squiby

P.S: Green Crack is awesome for a clean, focused daytime high
Its one of my favorites, along with Durban Poison. Great for daytime outdoor chores.

Anyone know a way to tighten the dynastash lid? It's not a big deal but the lid swivels looser than I'd like it too. Tried an Allen wrench but that's not it.

The screwdriver that fits it is a Torx T10.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
If I may add, the only reason I make this post about something that is really none of my business. So I apologize if I overstep.
Thank you for your thoughts and words. I appreciate it.

I see you as an important member of this (DV) community and I hate to see unnecessary discomfort within it.
Dynavap does too apparently. Joe got back to me today and echoed those words. Apparently he's still pretty loaded up and my email got buried in the 420 tsunami. I wrote him a novel of an email so that everything is clear now, (I hope).

I still feel a bit bummed out by the whole thing, (I don't think that will change) but not as terrible now that I know they still want me around. While I don't think they can provide me with anything as immediate consolement, I've urged them to work on improving their communication internally and externally. So that this doesn't happen again, to me or another customer.

stark1

Lonesome Planet
VanCough, I can feel your pain. During the 40% flash sale for 420, every time I tried to run the purchase the 40% was back to 20%. The only way I could get the 40% deal was when my cart showed 2x the order? So I took my ball and went home. Bum deal about all that euro tax stuff.

Your experience during the 4:20 was interesting. Mine was somewhat.

I had my order loaded, and credit card info completed during one of the 40% windows when I was
Told to please wait.

Then, after a minute, or two, the 40% suddenly changed to 20%. :hmm:

Thwarted, I too took my ball home. :nod:

I would have been happy with the 20%, but the 40% => 20% carrot got my bunny funny.

I suppose I didn’t really need an XL OMNI stem. :D I’ll chew on my shorty Omni....

WYiTnJw.jpg

Top Bottom