1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Dynavap VapCap ti 7 fin, 4th gen. Tip (possibly updated)

Discussion in 'Vapor Related Equipment' started by Summer, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Copacetic

Copacetic Somewhere North of The Wall

Damn, can't resist any longer.

I've probably missed this boat, but just in case I haven't :
    2 for me please :tup:

And thanks @Summer :clap:

Summer likes this.
  2. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

3. rad

rad Life is Rad

2 for me please :)

Summer likes this.
  4. reerun

reerun New Member

1 for me please, i love playing legos

Summer likes this.
  5. ew91

ew91 Active Member

I can't resist anymore either. 3 for me please!

Thanks @Summer !

Edgedamage and Summer like this.
  6. muunch

muunch hotboxing the cockpit

If this is still open I'd like to get in for 1, please and thanks :cheers:

Summer likes this.
  7. VapCap

VapCap Well-Known Member Manufacturer

Greetings everyone.

Thank you for the interest in the limited edition 7 fin tip. We put some thought into how to make an interesting version incorporating some of what we have learned since we last made them and this is what it looks like.

[​IMG]
    It might look like the fins are a bit uneven, but this is because the helical grooves from the extraction chamber now run all the way across the fins to the orings. This provides a rather interesting appearance when you spin it. I'll try to show this tomorrow on the live feed as well as more info on the other details.

It will also be available for purchase beginning shortly after the show begins. In addition, we will have the spinning Titanium mouthpieces on sale.
    I'm posting on this thread and not on the main thread so it is those of you who pushed this idea forward will know first before any one else.
    Also, we did have some difficulty making these tips with some tools breaking, and programming challenges. So we weren't able to make as many as we were hoping before we needed to swap the machine out to another part.
    That said, it might be nice to only buy one, so more people can get one, at least for a day or so. These won't ship for at least a week, and possibly up to two weeks, so if there are any left after a day or two, I'll let you know here on this thread, and they will be easy to add to your open order without incurring any additional shipping costs.
    We plan to take these off the website after 12 hour sale (6am Central time) or even earlier depending on how quick these go to make sure we have enough to fill all of our orders. We will put them back up when we know for sure how many are left.
    Last, I hope I won't offend anyone here by raising the price for these 7 fin tips to $45 as we have a limited number of them, and they took much longer to design, program and machine than anticipated.
    If it helps, we will be offering the spinning Titanium mouthpieces on sale once the broadcast begins with free shipping. These will be discounted from $30 to $24 for 12 hours.

Thank you again for all the awesome feedback and support!

George

8. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

How interesting. I am more excited for one than I was. They look cool.

So, are the fins a heat sink or a radiator? I THOUGHT they were a heat sink, but now I think they are a radiator. Would thinner radiator fins radiate more or less?

This device is a master class on thermal dynamics... :lol:

9. rad

rad Life is Rad

I am completely on board with everything George said. A way for all those in favor to agree is to simply “like” his post.

10. Vipermagi

Vipermagi New Member

Are the 7-fin tips Titanium?

11. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

12. MAbud

MAbud Well-Known Member

Sucks there is no guaranteed spot for those that thought this was a pre-order. How will we know exactly when they are available?

Hogni likes this.
  13. steama

steama Well-Known Member

It's the great race to get your 7 fin tip!

I agree this TOTALLY SUCKS! Fuck, sign-up, wait, push the tip to pals, find out you have no spot. Shitty indeed!

14. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

George pm'd me after he posted. I, too, was taken by surprise. The only thing I can say is it's George's company so he's gonna do it his way.

15. Taazokaan

Taazokaan Well-Known Member

Calm down, be on the live tomorow at 7pm and everyone will get his limited edition 7 fin tip.
    For the latecomers however...:shrug:

Thanks anyway to the Dynavap Team for their amazing job, can't wait my futur 7 fin tip !
    "This provides a rather interesting appearance when you spin it." => Hyped. :clap:

Squiby, CuckFumbustion and steama like this.
  16. MAbud

MAbud Well-Known Member

That’s frustrating. Thanks for all you effort attempting to organize this

ew91, steama, CuckFumbustion and 3 others like this.
  17. CuckFumbustion

CuckFumbustion Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.

I was expecting something a bit simpler. So the design additions took me by surprise. The amount of extra time and the hurdles was worth the extra effort. But the trade off being the amount being made to the perceived demand. So I can understand that type of decision.

Do want one, and hope to get one in time. Would like to encourage George to make a 7fin v2 LE. After the hoopla of the first LE subsides.

But make it a PM preorder first, public offering second. Not have it be as time critical. A little less millwork, and perhaps not have as many tools breaking and the initial mistakes and learning curve.

It is the first LE tip. And ambitious start for other types worth trying out, I hope.

I did run my mouth about being on the list.

Summer and rad like this.
  18. rad

rad Life is Rad

Ha...we gotta pay to play, right

TENZEN, steama and CuckFumbustion like this.
  19. steama

steama Well-Known Member

I am thinking if the 7 fin option were the best for the VC George would find a way to put it on the menu. This suddenly seems more like a novelty project than a tip that will offer any advantages over the current stock Ti 5 fin design. I really enjoy the performance of the latest generation tip and would have never even thought of going back to a 7 fin as a worthwhile idea.

Now it seems to be a gimmick to make a little extra cheddar than anything else. I'm feeling like turning my back on this one off item. Need to think about it now and possibly save some money.

No, I'm out, someone else can have the one I reserved.

:\

20. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

I completely agree, CF. George approached this as a business experiment doing it in this format. Originally it was gonna be a poll, but @Stu suggested a reservation list for good reason. I'm sure George was surprised by the demand.

Running your mouth off is good business for a business. ;)

100% WRONG! I called George looking to see if he had any extra 7-fins hanging out as I desperately wanted one. I was the one who told him there were other members who also longed for 1. He asked if I would be willing to put a poll to determine interest, & if worthwhile to produce (machine programming, etc.), he would do it as a customer appreciation (his words!) giveback.

As far as being a novelty, we'll see in the near future what the feedback is on the functioning of this tip. It only came about because of demand. Personally, I would also like one that's a duplicate of the original gen 4, only with those 3 notches on the tip of the bowl like the ti tip. Unlike you, I prefer the ss over the gen 5 ti tip. The reason I wanted the fins to be more of a dupe of the gen 4 is so that there would be less heat dissipation than it appears there will be with this gen 4.5. I wanted the heat dissipation to fall between that of the ss (slow), but less than the ti, which is too fast for my liking.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  21. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

@steama, I edited my post above so I want to be sure you see it. :nod: Like this post after you see the above edit & then I'll ask the mods to delete this double posting. Thanks.

22. stark1

stark1 X

Any light on the silver mouth pieces? :\

23. Hippie

Hippie Well-Known Member

Me too

I'm wondering if it's worth the $75 + it's gonna cost me by the time I've paid import duty and admin fees to enter the UK for a tip that looks like it's going to perform like a standard 5 fin Ti tip.

And only another 30 hours or so to decide :)

rad and Summer like this.
  24. Vipermagi

Vipermagi New Member

I wonder if there’s any sound speculation or knowledge about the performance of the 7-Fin tip vs the titanium 5-fin? What are the differences?

25. Summer

Summer Well-Known Member

Mulchmaker and GreenHopper like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors