• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Dynavap VapCap ti 7 fin, 4th gen. Tip (possibly updated)

reerun

I have scrolled thru a few pages, im at work and trying to be stealthy.

Can anyone explain the advantages of this tip. Seems like it would hold heat longer which would be great for a water piece and massive hits.

Sorry if this has already been explained

reerun,

MrMonss

Are we talking about this one exactly ?

img-20180125-230050_imagesia-com_1fm5m.jpg

sirwalter

@VapCap Do you think it would be possible to get my 7-fin Gen 4 tip without the grooves for adjustable screen placement? I love my current Gen 5 Ti tip but I would prefer a smooth chamber (for cleaning and whatnot) and don't need the size reduction.

Ive always hoped they would make a titanium tip without the grooves. Id grab two if it ever happened. Great suggestion.

Are we talking about this one exactly ?

img-20180125-230050_imagesia-com_1fm5m.jpg

Yes, that is the 7 fin tip.

Last edited by a moderator:

stark1

Lonesome Planet
Any news/pics of the newly re-make of the 7-fin (I count 6-fins on the old tips).

Would it be possible to have the fins start after the cap ends, it would allow for more
un-impeded airflow under the cap, while allowing the cooling fins to be more efficient....

If that is the case, I would opt to buy. :myday:

stark1,

Al4539

Upfront, please know that this is a George @VapCap approved post.

This past Thursday I spoke to George concerning my (& the general) interest in the ti 7-fin, 4th gen. tip. I asked him if it was possible to do a limited edition run of this tip, and he said, yes. He asked me if I would post a poll so he would know how many to produce. I pm'd @Stu asking him for any suggestions he could offer. Stu replied, "I'm not sure that a poll would be the best way to track interest. First of all, you don't know who voted (they don't need to post in order to vote) so the results are not guaranteed to be accurate. I would suggest just starting a thread asking people to post if they are interested and if so, how many. Then you could just count it manually. You'd also know who is committing their interest and follow up with them if necessary."

In coordinating with George, here are the specifics:

1) Purchasers must be registered on dynavap.com as "this will allow me to filter sales to the participants."

2) The tip will be $40 (same price as the current ti 5-fin, 5th gen tip).

3) CONUS & International shipping costs will remain the same.

4) George said, "As for the version, the 7 fin on the right (see pics below) is the most current version with the most advanced features like the adjust-a-bowl and the better helical grooves. When we do a run it will be tips that look like these, but may have a few small updates to reflect what we have learned since we changed the design to 5 fin."

i9ZT1cf.jpg

q0IdnJ5.jpg

So, be sure you are registered on dynavap.com & then post the quantity you are committing to.
2 please

Al4539,
Reactions: Summer

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
We don't really know what will be different about these from the previous 7 fin. As Ti they cool faster than the SS (M tip), but I would be surprised if this version were different enough from the previous to change heat/cool behavior. I would think that would require either a big change in mass or a big change in air channels, neither of which I think we are expecting.

But... Wizardry.

Remember, George didn't decide to remake the 7 fin tip. After he changed to a 5 fin tip some of his users asked him to go back or remake some. He said that since he was going to redo it as a one off he would incorporate some of what he/they have learned since and that is all that has been promised. It may well not be noticeably different from the previous 7 fin.

Last edited:

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Damn, can't resist any longer.

I've probably missed this boat, but just in case I haven't :
2 for me please :tup:

And thanks @Summer :clap:

Copacetic,
Reactions: Summer
Top Bottom