Dual 18650 Power House

Like herb, shatter, than more herb?

I try not to mix when i can avoid it but I will try it all for you. Probably will rig up a stainless pad or try hemp fiber first. A little worried about the hemp fiber on the high temp end.
Thanks! I plan to subject my devices to some very rigorous use and abuse. The more data the better.

ragnorokk,
Reactions: DieHard

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
Oooooh RBT! Your webstore looks pretty! ;)

:peace:
Thanks V! I really need to take the time to make a gallery with all the sweet pics the team has taken on the www. Gotta say, reports and images from the beta fleet in action is most satisfying! So humbled by so much positive vibe on the Zion. I'm excited to see the Zion heater technology in action in the manual configurations.

Oooooh RBT! Your webstore looks pretty! ;)

:peace:

Thanks V! I really need to take the time to make a gallery with all the sweet pics the team has taken on the www. Gotta say, reports and images from the beta fleet in action is most satisfying! So humbled by so much positive vibe on the Zion. I'm excited to see the Zion heater technology in action in the manual configurations.
I guess we can all stop asking when you'll take our money!

Im super stoked on all of RBT vapes but this is the one I'm reallllllly looking forward to!! I love milking glass plus I have a couple of buddies who mainly smoke out of bongs that I want to floor with this thing!:science::rip::zzz:
Same. Except those couple buddies are me and mrs ragnorokk.

ragnorokk,
Reactions: DieHard

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I am already forgetting what impressions i have left, and which i haven't. I will build a final mini review, but this is a very early concept beta, a "zero unit" and is not ready for a full on Krazy review in its current form. But, the point is for me to test the heater technology and thus far i am uber impressed by speed, hit size, and battery longevity.

I am not a huge fan of using watertools with this device yet, because i tend to take things a little hotter. The straight dry stem forces me to lay off the throttle quicker, and feel things out. The current set up also makes it a little challenging to invert and use and it does not have a fire button yet. Rather i have to make a connection by pressing down a little metal plate. This is a little more difficult upside down.

The current set up does not have a true throttle, but i have also been experimenting feathering the throttle button on and off and really like this method to get huge hits at a slightly lower temp.

More to come. My brain is fried at the moment.

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Conversely, I actually find a lot of loose crumbs fall on my Zion heater screen in a session, typically if I'm packing high enough into the glass rim area of my bowl, since you're right the mesh screen does hold on to the herb well and its a bowl itself. The crumbs don't do any damage though, I just usually turn Ziggy upside down and tap em out after I remove a stem (which I always do, and insert, with Zig upside down). There's a little space between the screen and the bottom glass rim of the bowl, and sometimes crumbs can get trapped under there, but easy to get out with a toothpick or the like, just don't use anything too sharp to risk poking the heater screen. I think a nice brush should handle all of this easily

So you'd recommend a solo/air wise type of inserting / emptying?
I think it depends on the size of the load if it's glueing itself on the stem screen. Usually I only use a pinch, very little amount. This load is kinda fragile if I don't tamp it down against the stem screen, but even then by being vamped the load shrinks and likely crumbles down onto the heater. speaking of use with the Air here - but I think it might be the same? Definitely much better here, since the great RBT tanks have screen a over the heater, which pretty much could solve the "problem" already?

vapen00b,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So you'd recommend a solo/air wise type of inserting / emptying?
I think it depends on the size of the load if it's glueing itself on the stem screen. Usually I only use a pinch, very little amount. This load is kinda fragile if I don't tamp it down against the stem screen, but even then by being vamped the load shrinks and likely crumbles down onto the heater. speaking of use with the Air here - but I think it might be the same? Definitely much better here, since the great RBT tanks have screen a over the heater, which pretty much could solve the "problem" already?

It's actually when your inhaling, cooking the load, that it gets more glued to the screen and stable. You are correct the spilling issue is only with fuller packed bowls, usually it's before I start hitting that something would fall, many times the crumbs are green for me (but I'm low temp starting too ofcourse). There is no danger of crumbs getting overcooked on the heater when they fall out like with Air and Solo, I ways hated that, made having a secure load so much more necessary and stressful when flavor got ruined from over cooked pieces (my Air and Solo's flavor both for compromised easily imo, part of why I sold them). I actually often load the stem in sideways instead of upside down, and remove the stem right side up too, but while inhaling like you do when loading. Sometimes I load pouring herbs into the basket too, particularly if I'm just loading the stem to store it in Zion with the lid for later.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
@Likes2vape

Woke up with my lower back killing me last night. Worst back pain i have had in a while. Didn't want to mess with a SS pad or hempfiber so i sandwhiched a small dab of shatter between some Mendo Purps which is also the strongest flavor in my arsenal.

First two hits were thick and managable, i could tatse the shatter but the taste of the Mendo was strongest. After the stir, the herb tasted a bit toasted, shatter was predominant flavor, and puffs were thick but very harsh. If i could have switched to h20 at this time i probably would have. Took 3 more long drags hacking each time. Actually got to sleep fairly quickly.

The unit worked great extracting as i see no drip or wasted with only a very small pinch of herb on each side.

Again, not a fan of mixing as i like my herb at much lower temp than my shatter, but extraction seemed to be quick, effective, and complete.

Likes2vape

@Likes2vape

Woke up with my lower back killing me last night. Worst back pain i have had in a while. Didn't want to mess with a SS pad or hempfiber so i sandwhiched a small dab of shatter between some Mendo Purps which is also the strongest flavor in my arsenal.

First two hits were thick and managable, i could tatse the shatter but the taste of the Mendo was strongest. After the stir, the herb tasted a bit toasted, shatter was predominant flavor, and puffs were thick but very harsh. If i could have switched to h20 at this time i probably would have. Took 3 more long drags hacking each time. Actually got to sleep fairly quickly.

The unit worked great extracting as i see no drip or wasted with only a very small pinch of herb on each side.

Again, not a fan of mixing as i like my herb at much lower temp than my shatter, but extraction seemed to be quick, effective, and complete.
Thanks for the info, great write up, good to know it worked like a champ but I think you meant to tag @ragnorokk.

thekarmawhore

design sesh 1

7rmwljyi6hykkse6g.jpg

it's a start...

HD Springer

That's a great idea sticks. I know RBT said that by looking at the start of vapor to let off power. But if you just let off when your throat tells you your fine. Hell you can feather the power and get those unreal flavor hits we all like. You just need a bit of self control. Ha.

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I don't even use visual cues most of the time. Feel works fine for me.

Attention Zion heads. I will be at the Michigan Cannabis cup all day today. If you want to try the Powerhouse (or any other vape i bring) shoot me a private message i will try and look occasionally on FC for messages today. If i don't answer look for a 6 foot tall very broad dude with extremly blonde hair. I have a black Detroit Tigers shirt on and a black Tigers hat. Yell Krazy at me and i will know what you want. Hope to see some of ya'll there.

Edit. I will spend a large portion of time in the medication area, and likely with George from VapCap.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Looks awesome!

I'm gonna have to commission ed to make a wooden wong/stem for durable travel.

I was thinking about this recently too, what would be the best way would you think? Steel bowl in 18mm glass with wood stem, or could the bowl be wood somehow? Glass bowl connected to wood like Alan seems to offer for the HI? Is there another alternative method?

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Yoosh
Top Bottom