Dry herb vapes that can be used Lekovod/in honor of Yom tov/chag/jewish holidays?(For extracts too)

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
A log vape that stays on from Friday? The woodscents come with an analog dimmer, no lights or electronics. Are you allowed to use drugs on Shabat ?
A: the use of medicine is always allowed and religiously commanded as saving a life is mitzvah.
B: the sabbath is about relaxing and taking rest. The use of ceremonial wine is mandatory.
C: you are not allowed to create or destroy, yet are allowed to consume. Dry herb vaping imho seems better than smoking as you consume the thc without destroying the plant!

BH491

also leaving a bag full of vapor doesn't make sense, in my opinion it gets bad after a few minutes lol
Thanks for all the feedback

I hear
But its not about ideal flavor or really anything
Other
Can a bag actually last
And therefore is there possibly 1 option on shabbos
(If theres not other possible isurim/reasons its forbidden)
You would just ignore it or even cover it
Is this confirmed
Usage/inhaling wont change the temp on screen?
I think you meant lighter flame as in soft flame
Correct,Thanks, sorry
and the answer is basically no, most of the ones that do don't work as well that way
I just found a thread here thanks to grassyes
That alcohol lamps work with most torch vapes and for sure with the dv

press the quote
👍😀
still relies on a VVPS to plug in though with screen that will fluctuate on its own... Though you don't need to touch it once set and warmed up to your preferred power level
Is this confirmed that it will only fluctuate om its own and not as result of my inhaling?
(there are also larger logs)
Which do you have in mind?
I mean underdog and Heat Island can also run direct off the wall without any dimmer or VVPS if you are happy with the temp
Really? So they plug in and temp is set with what?(is temp on the log itself with those?)

BH491,

BH491

for the question about the rules of the forum... I'm not an expert, but I have the impression that it's a little more free in this section...

as for the dynavap model... it was recommended to me on another forum a few years ago but I've never tried it.

other lights will work with rubbing alcohol, and I don't think dynavap uses a special wick.

for the fmj... it should be able to work, but I don't think it's ideal... but I don't have one, and I could be wrong!!

(on another note...I really don't want to raise a debate, but I needed to share this:
it amuses me to see how practitioners adapt religion to the current way of life! I find it funny that you can't use electricity...but you can use a log-style vaporizer! no negative reviews of any specific religion here, right! I'm not a believer at all but I went to a religious school... so I really say that with a lot of respect!)

anyway, the alcohol lamp mentioned above should not bring a lot of heat, so I will stick to Dynavap or Vaponic!

good research / reflection
Thanks for the help

BH491,

BH491

I'm surprised nobody here has recommended the 7th Floor vapes, like the Silver Surfer. It uses a ceramic heating rod. You plug it in, turn it on, it uses a dial to set the temperature (no screen) and you can leave it on 24/7 (I've seen many users stating that they've left it on 24/7 for something like 7 or more years). And, you can turn it into a ball vape with upgrade parts if you want to as well.
Awesome recommendation
Thanks a lot

BH491,

BH491

I had a GTR
Thanks for mentioning recommending the gtr

Getting a good list of possibilities going God willing
Mini nail flower wand
What is this,is this its name?
I have been a chronic pain patient in the Israeli medical cannabis program for over 10 years. Before medical cannabis, I was taking 80mg per day of oxycodone. My current cannabis prescription is for 100 grams per month! With all this, I use edibles for Shabbat and Chagim.
Refuah shleima sorry for your pain may yoj not need any medicine and have full health.
100g sounds maybe like the biggest number i personally have heard in israel,
How much over 10 years?
If i remember correctly that sounds like around when medical cannabis in israel really started to grow and cannabis in general became less stringent more recently,
Any of this true?
I can help you make your own tinctures if you are interested
Please im happy to have any help,
Especially if the tincture proccess can be used to make just vapeable extract alone(meaning not in oil or mixed with anything)

BH491,

BH491

First, I want to mention to everyone that @Razhumikin started a thread called vape minyan. If you are not subbed to the thread, consider it.

Based on my research, there are almost no options for Shabbat. I have heard of one way to use a Volcano classic and a very exact timer. If it is pertinent let me know.

For Yom Tov there are more options, However, this year the holidays are Shabbat and Sunday so only half useful.

As mentioned, a vape that can stay on with no screen is what you are looking for. This opens up many more options. I don't know enough about halogen-powered vapes (do the lights dim?) to advise there.

I had a GTR for this purpose but being a bit clumsy I dropped it a week before Pesach and I have not sent it back. I have an acquaintance who has a serious back problem and he manages every Yom Tov with a Dynavap.

When it looked like I was going to be in the USA for the holidays I had my eye on a Mini nail flower wand. I was interested in something of a "one-hitter" since I did not want to spend the time on Rosh Hashana using a session vape.

I have been a chronic pain patient in the Israeli medical cannabis program for over 10 years. Before medical cannabis, I was taking 80mg per day of oxycodone. My current cannabis prescription is for 100 grams per month! With all this, I use edibles for Shabbat and Chagim.

I can help you make your own tinctures if you are interested.

If you decide on edibles it is very important to titrate your dose before Rosh Hashana, you don't want to green out in shul.

I can't speak for others, but I adapt my life to the parameters of my religion.
Where in israel if i may ask?
No pressure

Maybe in private if you prefer

BH491,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Is this confirmed that it will only fluctuate om its own and not as result of my inhaling?

No sorry I don't know how to confirm, just for my experience the VVPS is already fluctuating, I don't really notice it changing with inhale, because it is not measuring the temperature of the vape, it is measurement of the power going to the vape rather... So if you cover or turn off the screen you won't even see it fluctuating although I'm not sure I can confirm inhale has no effect for sure?

Which do you have in mind

Couchlog yeah if you can get it, GTR has a long wait list though, if you email Alan toasty-top you can ask what he has already made for sale though, could be a GTR that way, or a heat island, there are a wide variety of them in sizes so you can get one that's bigger and more powerful as a result... Underdog also has variety and there are even more others

Really? So they plug in and temp is set with what?(is temp on the log itself with those?

Yeah so again it's not temperature, it is the power going into the log, so if you don't have the VVPS you are just running on straight power supply 12 volts or whatever, it's a PS without the VV haha you can further control lowering the level with an extension cord or two, but for heat island this way you can control it with the stems you are using depending on which type of HI it is exactly... So the variable is other things, not the setting of the vape, so riskier technique much more manual whereas a VVPS can sort of act as a temp control guide for you it is not the same but it offers more regulation

But yeah the actual creating of the vapor could be still problematic halachaicly...

bhasma

Does Halakhah permit use of recreational marijuana?

A number of poskim have forbidden the use of recreational marijuana, including Rav Shlomo Zalman Auerbach, Rav Chanan Aplalow, Rav Eliezer Shlomo Shik, Rav Ezra Basri, Rav Chaim Yosef, David Weiss of Antwerp, and Rav Yaakov Ariel. Rav Yaakov Zalmanovitch permits marijuana for medical use but prohibits it recreationally. In a personal letter, the Lubavitcher Rebbe expressed his disapproval of marijuana. Rav Moshe Feinstein published the most detailed teshuvah on recreational marijuana in 1973. He prohibited use for the following reasons:
1. It harms the body.
2. It impairs judgement.
3. It interferes with tefillah and the performance of mitzvot.
4. It leads to addiction.
5. It violates kibbud av v-em, the obligation to honor one’s parents.
6. It violates kedoshim tihyu, the obligation to be holy.
7. It leads to the violation of many other prohibitions and is thus me-issurim ḥamorim, among the most severe prohibition.

Whosoever intoxicates himself is a sinner, contemptible, and brings about the loss of his wisdom.

https://hakirah.org/Vol30Galper.pdf

Last edited:
bhasma,
Reactions: BH491

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.

A number of poskim have forbidden the use of recreational marijuana, including Rav Shlomo Zalman Auerbach, Rav Chanan Aplalow, Rav Eliezer Shlomo Shik, Rav Ezra Basri, Rav Chaim Yosef, David Weiss of Antwerp, and Rav Yaakov Ariel. Rav Yaakov Zalmanovitch permits marijuana for medical use but prohibits it recreationally. In a personal letter, the Lubavitcher Rebbe expressed his disapproval of marijuana. Rav Moshe Feinstein published the most detailed teshuvah on recreational marijuana in 1973. He prohibited use for the following reasons:
1. It harms the body.
2. It impairs judgement.
7. It leads to the violation of many other prohibitions and is thus me-issurim ḥamorim, among the most severe prohibition.

Whosoever intoxicates himself is a sinner, contemptible, and brings about the loss of his wisdom.

Exactly the types of crap which made me shun Judaism as a religion.

I’m sure with a large enough donation to the va’ad we can get a different ruling. Heck the black hats around here pay the cable companies to maintain the sanctity of the above ground cables on all the poles around the neighborhood so they can claim it’s an Eruv.

Now I just eat latkes and an occasional matzo brie and laugh at the sheep following the ‘rules’.

edit. See here for another view.

Last edited:
Canna Chameleon,

bhasma

Obedience to civil law (dina d’malchuta dina) is religiously mandated, so if Cannabis use is legal, it is acceptable. But does that allow other rules to be violated?

bhasma,
Reactions: BH491

BH491

Surely roasting herb is cooking, so how can vaping be allowed? Filling bags with vapour the day before seems ridiculous.
True about cooking
And filling bags may be ridiculous

But the questions is does it even work,do they last?
As ridiculous as it may be if its allowed
Its for sure a better way then what is not allowed
No sorry I don't know how to confirm, just for my experience the VVPS is already fluctuating, I don't really notice it changing with inhale, because it is not measuring the temperature of the vape, it is measurement of the power going to the vape rather... So if you cover or turn off the screen you won't even see it fluctuating although I'm not sure I can confirm inhale has no effect for sure?

Couchlog yeah if you can get it, GTR has a long wait list though, if you email Alan toasty-top you can ask what he has already made for sale though, could be a GTR that way, or a heat island, there are a wide variety of them in sizes so you can get one that's bigger and more powerful as a result... Underdog also has variety and there are even more others

Yeah so again it's not temperature, it is the power going into the log, so if you don't have the VVPS you are just running on straight power supply 12 volts or whatever, it's a PS without the VV haha you can further control lowering the level with an extension cord or two, but for heat island this way you can control it with the stems you are using depending on which type of HI it is exactly... So the variable is other things, not the setting of the vape, so riskier technique much more manual whereas a VVPS can sort of act as a temp control guide for you it is not the same but it offers more regulation

But yeah the actual creating of the vapor could be still problematic halachaicly...
Great info thanks for all the details and clarity

BH491

1. It harms the body.
2. It impairs judgement.

Fire, brother
Coming in mamash heavy hitting.
Thanks

All I can say is
My personal thing.

And thats, i wish i didn't touch the stuff, every time i pray im saved, from myself, and everything that brings me to this stuff.

I dont condone it,
I dont wish anyone learns from me,
Im embarrassed i use,
I hope H saves me and everyone from this,
And we feel better without it,
and all bad midos/traits all bad desires/taavos
And all forms of bad
And that i and everyone merits to think speak and do tons of good, torah, tefila and all mitzvahs and good
And brings me back to him and his service and love and fear of him

And in the meantime with these wishes and prayers
Life goes on and i am at the low sad pitiful level im at
But greatful for any drop of bad ive been saved from and any good i merit, for any drop of even just praying or wishing for the light
Even in the pits of hell
Still God youre with me there and everywhere

Good is good
And bad is bad
And i hope i merit more and more good and less and less bad

So vaping is for me the better option or the lesser evil
Listen im in a figh/ war, getting attacked on all ends
But does that mean i should just let myself get stabbed and shot even more,just give up, chsvsh,
No, even if just to get one stab less....

I can maybe write more or differently,but bezH this what H sent atm...

Last edited:
BH491,

bhasma

Sorry to play devil's advocate. I was frustrated by the premise of this thread. The letter and the spirit of the law are intertwined. Following the letter of the law but not the spirit, exploiting technicalities and loopholes, seems to be missing the point.

Anyway, according to Storz & Bickel the balloons can hold vapour for only a few hours (best used within 10 minutes).

If Cannabis is legal and your health or judgement are not impaired by its use, what is the problem with preparing edibles in advance as medicine?

bhasma,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Sorry to play devil's advocate. I was frustrated by the premise of this thread. The letter and the spirit of the law are intertwined. Following the letter of the law but not the spirit, exploiting technicalities and loopholes, seems to be missing the point.

That is certainly an interesting topic because in my experience the modern Orthodox Jewish religion has so many hypocritical members and it is easy to see how so much of the tradition is rooted in certain peoples opinions ultimately, but yeah yeah idea of doing something that could be unpermitted anyway and finding a way to do it in a more permitted way is funny to me too I've been around many people like that and gone through it myself a little bit too way back, some could argue the spirit of the law is whatever you make it and your own interpretation, like best to focus on certain aspects even if you have to compromise on others? I guess just so much gray area!

Shit Snacks,

GoldenBud

A log vape that stays on from Friday? The woodscents come with an analog dimmer, no lights or electronics. Are you allowed to use drugs on Shabat ?
exactly
if you need it medically, you can also use a Dynavap or Anvil etc' with a torch.
if you don't need it medically, don't use it on Shabbat, don't use drugs in Shabbat day if you are a believer.

GoldenBud,

Sativapo

exactly
if you need it medically, you can also use a Dynavap or Anvil etc' with a torch.
if you don't need it medically, don't use it on Shabbat, don't use drugs in Shabbat day if you are a believer.
It was just a question out of curiosity. I have no religion so I can use drugs as I want :lol:

dude_de

If so its fine, the problem with a glow would be if inhaling is what makes the glow happen.
If that is a problem, any temperature controlled vape would be a problem. Inhaling lower the bowl temperature and therefore causes the heater to be re-engaged to get back to the set temp.

Sativapo

If that is a problem, any temperature controlled vape would be a problem. Inhaling lower the bowl temperature and therefore causes the heater to be re-engaged to get back to the set temp.
So the woodscents seems to fill all the requisits. Except the medical/recreational part that isn't a vaporizer issue. But if the thing is getting advised to get a little wine/alcohol buzz it seems analog to me if somone's not too culturally conservative.

Sativapo,

GoldenBud

So the woodscents seems to fill all the requisits
it's not - "causes the heater to be re-engaged to get back to the set temp."
the WS will lose heat after the draw, and will have to re-engage
like any other log/vape

GoldenBud,
Top Bottom