Dry herb vapes that can be used Lekovod/in honor of Yom tov/chag/jewish holidays?(For extracts too)

BH491

Sholom ,peace to all

Long time lurker recently joined
And this is my first post

Looking to find out which vapes can be used on jewish holidays
Ill try to clarify the requirements

Portable and plug in

Plug in requirements,
im honestly not %100 sure
But i think

Is always on at the ready to vape temp, or can turn on by timer(even an external timer).
Meaning it doesnt need to be plugged in or out, doesnt need any knobs dials or switches to be turned to reach the (1)set vape temp

Something that doesnt turn on or off when inhaling/done inhaling, or have a digital screen or other digital outputs like lights turning on/blinking/changing when inhaling.

Im mostly interested in knowing
What logs fit these requirements? (Im not really sure how logs work are they fully mechanical?)

Or do any ball vapes fit this(most have digital screens no?)

But itd be fun to hear what else works?

Requirements for a portable
It needs to work with a flame from a candle or oil or big match

Technically one can light just the gas of a torch (without sparking) from another existing flame but cant let go of the button or turn off the torch, which makes that basically not an option
(Unless I guess if one has a few torches that lock and can be left on
And lights 1 each session and lets em just run out , actually maybe not a horrible idea especially for bigger sessions)
But if any vape works with a stove top flame,
Thats maybe more of an option.

Or with electric stove tops,infared heaters(that glows red)
Coals, barbecue flames.

Dynavap works great with a flame
But for me a lot of neg
1 long heat up time
2have to spin for long and hold just right so it doesnt fall in the oil/wax
3black sud usually gets on hands and more
4 the more windless the vape space the better, even small breezes make the flame dance

Thanks for any help

nn

Pukka

I've been running my HighLighter (imo it's a log) 24/7/365. It's pretty much "Set It and Forget It" plugged into a variable voltage source. There's a glow from the bulb, most logs use a ceramic/stainless heater so no glow.

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
How long will the vape need to stay on? For a desktop, you could try a log vape with a screenless power supply like a Couchlog or Underdog. They’re able to stay turned on around 24h and you won’t need to adjust the dial once you find your preferred temperature.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
How long will the vape need to stay on? For a desktop, you could try a log vape with a screenless power supply like a Couchlog or Underdog. They’re able to stay turned on around 24h and you won’t need to adjust the dial once you find your preferred temperature.
This is exactly my suggestion.

A ball vape has other shortcomings for me to want to leave it on, although many can be set to a temperature and managed with typical home automation timers. It depends on the PID controller.

Other than an oil burner lamp, I don't have a good idea for a portable. And I would not feel comfortable recommending that.

Anyway, welcome to FC! You might like connecting with some of the people in the Vape Minyan thread:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah exactly, technically not okay for shabbat but fine for yom tov ;) anything that you plug in as always on like logs or injector, enail for dabs too, terp hammer...?

However there are also a lot of variations on the dyna vap style that can be more satisfying and capable, although you need to source a more powerful heater potentially that can be kept on, but anvil dani stunner thermal accumulator tempest and more could fit the bill too...

Collyland jaxel vapbongs as well!

BH491

I've been running my HighLighter (imo it's a log) 24/7/365. It's pretty much "Set It and Forget It" plugged into a variable voltage source. There's a glow from the bulb, most logs use a ceramic/stainless heater so no glow.
Thanks for the help and recommending the hi.

Sorry for my ignorance,'whats a variable voltage source'?
And the 'glow from the bulb'
I assume that glow is always there when on?

If so its fine, the problem with a glow would be if inhaling is what makes the glow happen.

BH491,

BH491

Thanks for the help and clarification.
The longest they would need to be on for is 3 days

The couch log cable is meant to detach easily no? Will it stay connected secure,
Meaning if passed around or used a bunch all day
Will the plug stay in,
Or does it fall out easily?

BH491,

BH491

This is exactly my suggestion.

A ball vape has other shortcomings for me to want to leave it on, although many can be set to a temperature and managed with typical home automation timers. It depends on the PID controller.

Other than an oil burner lamp, I don't have a good idea for a portable. And I would not feel comfortable recommending that.

Anyway, welcome to FC! You might like connecting with some of the people in the Vape Minyan thread:
Thanks for the help
Besides ball vapes usually having exposed coils,
Are there more reasons you wouldn't want to keep them always on?

I have no knowledge of pids
Are there ones without screens?
That could be used with a shabbos clock/typical home automation timers?

Whats an oil burner lamp(i think the lamp part is confusing me) , and how would it be used with what vape?
And why are you not comfortable recommending it?

Thanks for the welcome and recommending the vape minyan
I didnt know about it for a while ,
But actually found it a while back and enjoyed it,
I remember now it had me thinking wow a bunch of the heavy hitting helpful posters are brothers from another mother , and theres probably a lot more yidden on here then i thought...
I was originally thinking of maybe posting this question there,
But went with the hopefully broader audiance here for a few reasons.

Shit Snacks

VVPS is another way to control, how most logs and some other plugins work, similar to using a PID with nail (except you're reading the voltage level to translate to power and temperature) and yeah I don't think halogen is a good idea to leave on that long without use, yes it is a glowing light, there is no inhale sensor, if anything inhaling strong enough could diminish a glow but not in this case...

The longest they would need to be on for is 3 days

The couch log cable is meant to detach easily no? Will it stay connected secure,
Meaning if passed around or used a bunch all day
Will the plug stay in,
Or does it fall out easily?

Yeah full long yom tov would be fine for any log or similar, the plugs are all pretty secure, but anything could happen by accident... CL has that as a feature more than a requirement, the ability to use cordless a bit...

Besides ball vapes usually having exposed coils,
Are there more reasons you wouldn't want to keep them always on?

That's mostly the concern, exposed heat element, but as long as you are safe and have it in a safe place there shouldn't be much concern... Like leaving enail with banger for dabs running a few days straight

I have no knowledge of pids
Are there ones without screens?
That could be used with a shabbos clock/typical home automation timers?

I don't think there are any without a screen, like a dial instead? That's not really the way they work... But the screen doesn't change when you just leave it on without touching anything, but you could do automation timers perhaps with any of these...?

Whats an oil burner lamp(i think the lamp part is confusing me) , and how would it be used with what vape?
And why are you not comfortable recommending it?

Like a lit candle, a lamp running off oil would last longer, so you could have a flame already existing for the holiday to use as you wish with dynavap or similar type (but there is risk leaving an open flame unattended)

BH491

@sickmanfraud and I had a conversation about vapes that are shomer shabbos a while ago. A log is ideal imo, as it has no screen and can stay on forever at the same temp, so you dont have to adjust it or do any other "work" to use it.
Thanks for the share
Yeah like SS said a log wouldn't work for shabbos
But for yom tov yeah!

What else did you guys come up with for shabbos?
Recently someone told me in his opinion an original volcano
Could be preloaded once and set on a timer to go off and fill a bag on shabbos

But i dont know if thats true.
When putting food on the platta/hot plate even before shabbos
The food first needs to be cooked enough that its edible.
Meaning if the vape proccess is cooking the herb,
Then to even set a timer to cook the herb for the first time on shabbos would be a problem.
But maybe if the herb was already cooked, even just one hit before shabbos, maybe that avb can be loaded in the volcano on a timer for shabbos.idk.

Another idea for shabbos
That same friend said volcano bags can last for 12 hours(i think that was the number)
So a bunch of bags can be filled up erev shabbos
And used all shabbos night and early morning

Is that true about the bags?
I feel like ive seen they only last a few hours or maybe 5 hours?

But tbh idk if even vaping a bag is allowed(1 reason may be, many things arent allowed just because their too much 'weekday actions')

Edibles for the win (or of course a once weekly tbreak/rest)

BH491,

BH491

Yeah exactly, technically not okay for shabbat but fine for yom tov ;) anything that you plug in as always on like logs or injector, enail for dabs too, terp hammer...?

However there are also a lot of variations on the dyna vap style that can be more satisfying and capable, although you need to source a more powerful heater potentially that can be kept on, but anvil dani stunner thermal accumulator tempest and more could fit the bill too...

Collyland jaxel vapbongs as well!
Thanks for all the options

Can you give me any names of injectors that dont have a screen?

For all these portables
Do any of them work with a lighter flame?
Do you know of or have any ideas for a powerful heater/s that can be kept on?

Great call with the vapbong,
definitely had my eye on that for a
while(lol bad choice of words, the way it looks actually had me pretty much x it from possibilities, but still performance wise it seems close to number 1(for me)(before all these new vapes and ball vapes came out, nowdays i dont even know)

Last edited:

BH491

VVPS is another way to control, how most logs and some other plugins work, similar to using a PID with nail (except you're reading the voltage level to translate to power and temperature) and yeah I don't think halogen is a good idea to leave on that long without use, yes it is a glowing light, there is no inhale sensor, if anything inhaling strong enough could diminish a glow but not in this case...

Yeah full long yom tov would be fine for any log or similar, the plugs are all pretty secure, but anything could happen by accident... CL has that as a feature more than a requirement, the ability to use cordless a bit...

That's mostly the concern, exposed heat element, but as long as you are safe and have it in a safe place there shouldn't be much concern... Like leaving enail with banger for dabs running a few days straight

I don't think there are any without a screen, like a dial instead? That's not really the way they work... But the screen doesn't change when you just leave it on without touching anything, but you could do automation timers perhaps with any of these...?

Like a lit candle, a lamp running off oil would last longer, so you could have a flame already existing for the holiday to use as you wish with dynavap or similar type (but there is risk leaving an open flame unattended)
Thanks brother for all the Yiddishe kop details

Sorry to ask but
To reply to specific sentances like you do i just push quote instead of reply?

Pid screens dont change when inhaling?
Dont Pids show the temp and if inhaling lowers the temp the pid will show the change?
Thats great if not
Makes baller pid vapes an option

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.

Sorry to ask but

Dont Pids show the temp and if inhaling lowers the temp the pid will show the change?
Thats great if not
I’d suggest a vape like the UnderDog or Heat Island. Both are 12v vapes and can be run with a LED dimmer switch to control the heat. No visible screen just set and forget, tho you may want to tape the dial down once set so it doesn’t accidentally move.

TronicsPros DC 12V-24V 3A LED Strip Dimmer Switch LED Tape Dimmer Controller PWM Inline Rotary Dimmer 5.5mm x 2.1mm DC Jack for SMD 5050 3528 2835 5630 LED Ribbon LED String Light, Black, 14.7" Long https://a.co/d/4ycc1xh

Shit Snacks

Thanks for the share
Yeah like SS said a log wouldn't work for shabbos
But for yom tov yeah!

What else did you guys come up with for shabbos?
Recently someone told me in his opinion an original volcano
Could be preloaded once and set on a timer to go off and fill a bag on shabbos

But i dont know if thats true.
When putting food on the platta/hot plate even before shabbos
The food first needs to be cooked enough that its edible.
Meaning if the vape proccess is cooking the herb,
Then to even set a timer to cook the herb for the first time on shabbos would be a problem.
But maybe if the herb was already cooked, even just one hit before shabbos, maybe that avb can be loaded in the volcano on a timer for shabbos.idk.

Another idea for shabbos
That same friend said volcano bags can last for 12 hours(i think that was the number)
So a bunch of bags can be filled up erev shabbos
And used all shabbos night and early morning

Is that true about the bags?
I feel like ive seen they only last a few hours or maybe 5 hours?

But tbh idk if even vaping a bag is allowed(1 reason may be, many things arent allowed just because their too much 'weekday actions')

Edibles for the win (or of course a once weekly tbreak/rest)

Honestly, if you care enough, I don't think any of them are shomer shabbos... Just like platta, but with this you are creating the extraction, also leaving a bag full of vapor doesn't make sense, in my opinion it gets bad after a few minutes lol Yeah vaping is cooking

Thanks for all the options

Can you give me any names of injectors that dont have a screen?

Hmm there are some that heat with a torch, but most injectors use a VVPS or PID power supply, most of those have a screen as I said... You would just ignore it or even cover it

For all these portables
Do any of them work with a lighter flame?

There are plenty that do, but it's a butane torch, I think you meant lighter flame as in soft flame, and the answer is basically no, most of the ones that do don't work as well that way... Dynavap competitors can be heated other ways with other types of heaters though not a flame, not sure if something like that can be automated in a way that you could use it even on yom tov though

Do you know of or have any ideas for a powerful heater/s that can be kept on?

Great call with the vapbong,
definitely had my eye on that for a
while(lol bad choice of words, the way it looks actually had me pretty much x it from possibilities, but still performance wise it seems close to number 1(for me)(before all these new vapes and ball vapes came out, nowdays i dont even know)

Yeah I would say vapbongs (I prefer the bandits, Jaxel makes a bunch of different styles now) more powerful than a log and more all-in-one, still relies on a VVPS to plug in though with screen that will fluctuate on its own... Though you don't need to touch it once set and warmed up to your preferred power level (there are also larger logs)

Sorry to ask but

That is correct, press the quote, then insert quote at the bottom when you are writing your posts, then you can reply to individuals in one post, we're not supposed to back to back post here really

Thats great if not

Yeah I guess they do change and fluctuate a lot, not necessarily while inhaling but perhaps they do? Vvps does not change while inhaling but it can fluctuate throughout all on its own, actually there might be a way to turn off the screen on the advanced telemetry module which is the nicest VVPS that I use from REFC labs, there are a lot of different customized ones that actually probably do have the feature or can have it... Not so sure about a PID but there are even more of those probably so maybe??

Yes some logs can use a dimmer instead, but I don't think it is as effective and can fluctuate more? Could be a solid option though, I mean underdog and Heat Island can also run direct off the wall without any dimmer or VVPS if you are happy with the temp and can accommodate based on how you hit it with what stems etc and potentially extension cords too

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Yeah I guess they do change and fluctuate a lot, not necessarily while inhaling but perhaps they do?
In my experience all enails experience a temperature drop on inhale. Cordless heads like the Omega will display a drop when the head is removed from the coil. Some PID controllers don't display the live temperature changes. I believe the Screwball PID is one of those.

As others have pointed out many logs can run on a dimmer with a dial and no screen. My favorite, the CouchLog, has a PWM with no screen.

Obviously I have no expertise if they meet your use case.

BH491

I think it can do the trick for a dynavap or a Vaponic!
Thanks just beat me to a question i was about to ask
(Should i make a designated post to ask this?)

Does anyone know what commonly found liquids burn clean-dont leave black soot(sud,sood?)

This lamp uses regular rubbing alcohol

Can i use rubbing alcohol not just with this lampe
But in place of regular oil with a regular wick?

Or is this wick special and only this bottle makes using rubbing alcohol possible?

Is paraffin an option?

I usually use an empty tea light put in a little oil and floating wick for the session

Also
Does anyone know if the dynavap fmjs work with soft flames too?
(Also this was 2 questions, is it best per the group rules to put multiple questions together or make separate messages for each?)

BH491,
Reactions: Octavia

fangorn

for the question about the rules of the forum... I'm not an expert, but I have the impression that it's a little more free in this section...

as for the dynavap model... it was recommended to me on another forum a few years ago but I've never tried it.

other lights will work with rubbing alcohol, and I don't think dynavap uses a special wick.

for the fmj... it should be able to work, but I don't think it's ideal... but I don't have one, and I could be wrong!!

(on another note...I really don't want to raise a debate, but I needed to share this:
it amuses me to see how practitioners adapt religion to the current way of life! I find it funny that you can't use electricity...but you can use a log-style vaporizer! no negative reviews of any specific religion here, right! I'm not a believer at all but I went to a religious school... so I really say that with a lot of respect!)

anyway, the alcohol lamp mentioned above should not bring a lot of heat, so I will stick to Dynavap or Vaponic!

good research / reflection

fangorn,

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
(on another note...I really don't want to raise a debate, but I needed to share this:
it amuses me to see how practitioners adapt religion to the current way of life! I find it funny that you can't use electricity...but you can use a log-style vaporizer! no negative reviews of any specific religion here, right! I'm not a believer at all but I went to a religious school... so I really say that with a lot of respect!)
You should Google

-Shabbat elevator

-Shabbat mode on most newer ovens.

And if you really want to get deep in the woods look at all the various things that can constitute an Eruv and how they are manipulated to create a ‘continuous border’….

😂

Canna Chameleon,

Pukka

Thanks for the help and recommending the hi.

If so its fine, the problem with a glow would be if inhaling is what makes the glow happen.
You turn a knob to set the voltage which sets the temperature. Set and forget unless you change temps. And yes, the bulb glow is on all the time.

Pukka,
Reactions: BH491

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I'm surprised nobody here has recommended the 7th Floor vapes, like the Silver Surfer. It uses a ceramic heating rod. You plug it in, turn it on, it uses a dial to set the temperature (no screen) and you can leave it on 24/7 (I've seen many users stating that they've left it on 24/7 for something like 7 or more years). And, you can turn it into a ball vape with upgrade parts if you want to as well.

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
I'm surprised nobody here has recommended the 7th Floor vapes, like the Silver Surfer. It uses a ceramic heating rod. You plug it in, turn it on, it uses a dial to set the temperature (no screen) and you can leave it on 24/7 (I've seen many users stating that they've left it on 24/7 for something like 7 or more years). And, you can turn it into a ball vape with upgrade parts if you want to as well.
Doesn’t the ceramic glow though? Silver surfer and vaporbrothers type vapes definitely can be left on indefinitely, but wasn’t sure if the glowing heating element was against the limitations.

Octavia,

sickmanfraud

First, I want to mention to everyone that @Razhumikin started a thread called vape minyan. If you are not subbed to the thread, consider it.

Based on my research, there are almost no options for Shabbat. I have heard of one way to use a Volcano classic and a very exact timer. If it is pertinent let me know.

For Yom Tov there are more options, However, this year the holidays are Shabbat and Sunday so only half useful.

As mentioned, a vape that can stay on with no screen is what you are looking for. This opens up many more options. I don't know enough about halogen-powered vapes (do the lights dim?) to advise there.

I had a GTR for this purpose but being a bit clumsy I dropped it a week before Pesach and I have not sent it back. I have an acquaintance who has a serious back problem and he manages every Yom Tov with a Dynavap.

When it looked like I was going to be in the USA for the holidays I had my eye on a Mini nail flower wand. I was interested in something of a "one-hitter" since I did not want to spend the time on Rosh Hashana using a session vape.

I have been a chronic pain patient in the Israeli medical cannabis program for over 10 years. Before medical cannabis, I was taking 80mg per day of oxycodone. My current cannabis prescription is for 100 grams per month! With all this, I use edibles for Shabbat and Chagim.

I can help you make your own tinctures if you are interested.

If you decide on edibles it is very important to titrate your dose before Rosh Hashana, you don't want to green out in shul.

practitioners adapt religion to the current way of life!

I can't speak for others, but I adapt my life to the parameters of my religion.

Top Bottom