Dreaming and Vaporizing

Mckdenton

Before my vaporizing started I'd smoke a joint everyday before bed, and I never had (or didn't remember) any dreams. I've been vaping for about 2-weeks and been having some solid dreams. Could there be any correlation?

Mckdenton,

Mark

John Brown
Take some melatonin as well before bed, you're just getting a deeper and longer REM sleep cycle.

Mark,

Mckdenton

Google tells me taking melatonin results in some pretty vivid dreams.. interesting. thanks mark

Mckdenton,

Mark

John Brown
You should read into lucid dreaming. That's when you know your dreaming and are in full control.

Mark,

Mckdenton

You have got me very interested. Looks like I have some reading to do. Good looking out. i love using my noodle, thanks again.

Mckdenton,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Carlos Castaneda has some great books about lucid dreaming -- i just love his books.

Hippie Dickie,

vape4health

My cousin used one of them nic patch's to quite smoking , said it gave him some very crazy dream/nightmare's .

vape4health,

Ash

vaporist
I think I had that same reaction to the patch. That was a very long time ago. Haven't thought about that in years.

If you want to have vivid dreams that you remember after you wake up, I'd recommend keeping a dream journal. If you start writing down your dreams as soon as you wake up, in a very short time you'll develop very good dream recall. When I tried this I even had some lucid dreams. It is very cool to be flying in your dreams and to be able to controll it.:ninja:

I don't do that anymore. I stopped trying to remember my dreams after about a month. I found that I spent too much time during the day thinking about my dreams. It was too distracting.:rolleyes:

Ash,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
Lucid dreaming, becoming aware you are in a dream is the first step to astral projection, then it get's really exciting :)

Happycamper,

VapoFish

I've done both lucid dreaming & astral projection.

Astral projection is ntense. Years ago there was a period of about three months when I actively flew over my neighborhood. I felt myself rising and floating in whatever direction I chose. Awesome. It wasn't something I was trying to achieve, it just happened. I've since done a little research about it. I haven't tried to duplicate the experience, but reading about it here has reawakened my interest.

Hippy Dickie: Castaneda is a fave. Haven't read him since college. I've been thinking of rereading.

VapoFish,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
VapoFish said:

Astral projection is ntense. Years ago there was a period of about three months when I actively flew over my neighborhood. I felt myself rising and floating in whatever direction I chose. Awesome. It wasn't something I was trying to achieve, it just happened. I've since done a little research about it. I haven't tried to duplicate the experience, but reading about it here has reawakened my interest.

Hippy Dickie: Castaneda is a fave. Haven't read him since college. I've been thinking of rereading.
Did you find it was the realisation that you were in a dream that started it?

Or was it something in your life casuing it.

When i used to be a long haul flight attendant (for quite a few years lol) I used to get to unbelievable levels of tiredness ( I have fallen asleep stood up many times). I found this used to be a great tool to astral project. Never really had an experience since i stopped flying. But then again someone told me after a longhaul flight it could cause a sensation of flying when i slept ....but i used to meet dead relatives and all kinds of things.

The problem i find with my lucid dreaming is, i become aware im in a dream, but then i seem to forget and sink back into dream again.

Happycamper,

King Kong

i always vape before bed, and i cant remember any dreams at all, if i wake up threw the night for some reason i cant remember the dream..

King Kong,

VapoFish

Happycamper, I was visiting my childhood home and spending time with my father. My mom had just died. The house was empty. Emotions were high. Maybe that contributed ... don't know.

I do know that I would LOVE to experience astral projection again.

VapoFish,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Loveleaf gardens sells a wide variety of consciousness altering teas, one of which is called "dream tea." Tastes vile, which is a good sign. Similar in effect as melatonin.

jeffp,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
VapoFish said:

An interesting book, kind of a how to astral project utilizing dream-state is:
Astral Projection: A Record of Out-of-the-Body Experiences by Oliver Fox, I believe.

I, too, have experienced either Astral Projection (if it exists) or dream manipulation. It's cool, but I have never been able to do it while stoned. Perhaps I bypass REM to deep slumber.

macbill,

freeman dyson

I've read stuff by the first guy to prove lucid dreaming:

Stephen LaBerge (b. 1947) is a psychophysiologist and a leader in the scientific study of lucid dreaming.
His technique of signalling to a collaborator monitoring his EEG with agreed-upon eye movements during REM became the first published, scientifically-verified signal from a dreamer's mind to the outside world
Here is an interview

RMN: There seems to be a correlation between psychedelic consciousness and lucid consciousness in the dream state.

Stephen: Theres a lot in common between the two states. In fact people can in the dream state, take a dream "psychedelic" and have it produce an effect.

DJB: Terence McKenna says that he smokes DMT in his dreams and then has the full experience.

Stephen: And what that shows is that what prevents us from having these experiences is not the chemical, its the mental framework. So in a way psychedelics can be a kind of guide in revealing some of the potential in the mind. I think they have limitations in terms of taking us to the visions they show us. One can take the mistaken path of saying, well since I had the taste of it with the substance, if I keep taking it Ill eventually get the whole thing because more of the same should help. It doesnt seem to work that way.
http://www.futurehi.net/docs/Laberge_WakingDreamer.html

freeman dyson,

VapoFish

macbill - thanks for the title, I'm checking it out.

freeman - I'd say DJB is right on - it's all about the mental framework. Terence McKenna - that guy was cool. Used to listen to his interviews with Art Bell. McKenna died young but experienced much.

VapoFish,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
VapoFish said:
macbill - thanks for the title, I'm checking it out.
I must confess it has been over 40 years ago I read it, and it was old then. Surely newer, more relevant material is available. Check the library.

macbill,

VapoFish

lol macbill - the library? what's that?

For the latest info on anything I usually consult the Net. I love books and read about one a week, but they are generally outdated before they are even released.

My god, macbill. I'm reading your acquisition list. You certainly have a fine collection. Have been considering a glass vapor genie (or a hand carved walnut).

VapoFish,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
You can order library books on-line at my library, and they send them to you with pre-paid mailers to mail back. As an advertiser says in the Portland area, "Free is a very good price".

macbill,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I actually am more capable of remembering my dreams when I vape before I go too sleep, when compared too when I don't vape.
And I usually become aware that I am dreaming and enter a lucid dreaming state during vape dreams... but that isn't normally until the last part of the dream before I wake up.

I remember getting wicked nightmares when I was on the patch too quit smoking. Extremely Vivid. before that I was not aware that I could have dreams that intense.

I think the worse kind of dream too have is one where you score some herb. And it turns out too be the most awesome weed you have ever encountered. Then you wake up thinking, "hell yeah, I got me some weed..." and it's not there. that is another odd thing, anyone else ever try too get high in their dreams? I can only remember two dreams that this happened.

DevoTheStrange,

CrazyCracker

Mckdenton said:
Before my vaporizing started I'd smoke a joint everyday before bed, and I never had (or didn't remember) any dreams. I've been vaping for about 2-weeks and been having some solid dreams. Could there be any correlation?
Yes there definitely could be a correlation. If you were to just quit herb cold turkey you would also get the same effect. The sedatives you get while combusting/eating pot can mess with your deeper sleep cycles just like a benzo would.

CrazyCracker,

kerr

^this is what I think crazy. It has to do with the chemicals you are not inhaling while vapeing in comaprison to smoking. Im having this exact same experience moving from smoke to vape. But I have never found benzos to effect my dreams, and Ive tried a few.

kerr,

Raf007

Retailer
DevoTheStrange said:
I think the worse kind of dream too have is one where you score some herb. And it turns out too be the most awesome weed you have ever encountered. Then you wake up thinking, "hell yeah, I got me some weed..." and it's not there. that is another odd thing, anyone else ever try too get high in their dreams? I can only remember two dreams that this happened.
Yeah, I make this dream once in a while and awake so disapointed !
Also some time, I am wandering in Amsterdam and I keep getting lost without being able to find one coffeeshop...

Raf007,

Qbit

cannabanana
DevoTheStrange said:
Also some time, I am wandering in Amsterdam and I keep getting lost without being able to find one coffeeshop...
The horror! The horror!

Now that's a nightmare. :lol:

Qbit,
Top Bottom