Dream Position Available for Intelligent Vaporist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
I wouldnt apply without additional information either, but would and do feel comfortable contacting them for more information.

I, too, would be cautious about posting very much about a company I were part of after seeing how SOME of the members here behave.

Progress,

lwien

Progress said:
I, too, would be cautious about posting very much about a company I were part of after seeing how SOME of the members here behave.
I'm going to assume that you're talking about me.

I only get on a grilling rampage when the red flags go up. There are many instances, the most recent one where a company called Oracle came on board where no red flags were raised and where no grilling ensued.

So no, I don't attack every new company or entity that comes on board here. But when something doesn't quite smell right, I'll start asking questions.

lwien,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
lwien, imo, the problem is not that you point out your reservations, etc. The problem is that you repeatedly bring it up in several different iterations and derail things with a negative slant. Try saying it once and moving on. Sometimes you're like a pit bull. Unfortunately, the rag doll in your mouth is the poor new guy who just showed up to post something. And then others jump on and soon we have a pseudo-lynching going on right out of the gate.

If you want, go back and read the initial discussions with Bruce and his contest, Nicole and the VaporIcer, and now this thread. But read it from their perspective. What should be a friendly stoner forum can sometimes come off really mean. I wouldn't hang out here if I was treated like that right out of the gate.

I can't think of any time that I've had issue with your points, as you've got a good head on your shoulders and have a valuable perspective. Hell, the VaporIcer is a perfect example of the validity of your points. It's your unrelenting hammering of things that can send things in the wrong direction. Remember, it's just your opinion...not the gospel. If the person you are poking at doesn't agree with you, that's fine.

stickstones,

the ob

all good in the hood.
stickstones said:
lwien, imo, the problem is not that you point out your reservations, etc. The problem is that you repeatedly bring it up in several different iterations and derail things with a negative slant. Try saying it once and moving on. Sometimes you're like a pit bull. Unfortunately, the rag doll in your mouth is the poor new guy who just showed up to post something. And then others jump on and soon we have a pseudo-lynching going on right out of the gate.

If you want, go back and read the initial discussions with Bruce and his contest, Nicole and the VaporIcer, and now this thread. But read it from their perspective. What should be a friendly stoner forum can sometimes come off really mean. I wouldn't hang out here if I was treated like that right out of the gate.

I can't think of any time that I've had issue with your points, as you've got a good head on your shoulders and have a valuable perspective. Hell, the VaporIcer is a perfect example of the validity of your points. It's your unrelenting hammering of things that can send things in the wrong direction. Remember, it's just your opinion...not the gospel. If the person you are poking at doesn't agree with you, that's fine.
I think this applies not just to lwien but to everyone who takes this type of approach. I frequent different forums and these types of things occur all over. Good points sticks. Thanks for posting this. :)

the ob,

lwien

stickstones said:
It's your unrelenting hammering of things that can send things in the wrong direction.
Yeah, I guess it's because I really enjoy a good debate and that if someone counters my thoughts on an issue, I feel compelled to counter back in an attempt to win the debate. It's kind of like a feeding frenzy, lol. But yeah, I'll try to control myself once I get going. The problem I have though, is that if I don't counter back, and just let it go, than I feel that, in essence what I'm doing is stating..........ok, you're right and I'm wrong. I have absolutely no problem in admitting if I am wrong on an issue, but if I don't feel that I am, then my silence, in my mind, is totally counter productive, if that makes any sense. It's kind of like that Vaporicer thing, for I feel that if I wasn't as relentless as I was, that things may not have come to light as they did.

I'll try to be a bit kinder.

lwien,

Beezleb

In all fairness, the vaporicer would have been discovered in the same amount of time as it did. Not to take anything away from Iwien for he was one of the people who called it out from the get go but as soon as it was looked at by forum members this thing was discovered for what it was and that is how it would have occurred anyways. When one is so aggressive, they often tend to come off as not neutral or fair and that will blemish how people view your opinions and input which sometimes may be good and sometimes not so good.

It is one thing to be fair, honest and accurate which allows the public to decide for themselves and it is another thing to act as if we are some kind of organization whom standards a company must comply with or that they must satisfy FC.com. We are merely vapist, not a governing authority. If we are seen to be misusing our leverage we will lose creditability and that is the foundation for what gives FC.com its strength.

Lets ask the good and tough questions but lets be civil, fair and genuine.

With that said, I hope this position is real and I wish the best of luck in their endeavor.

Beezleb,

lwien

Beezleb said:
It is one thing to be fair, honest and accurate which allows the public to decide for themselves and it is another thing to act as if we are some kind of organization whom standards a company must comply with or that they must satisfy FC.com. We are merely vapist, not a governing authority. If we are seen to be misusing our leverage we will lose creditability and that is the foundation for what gives FC.com its strength.

Lets ask the good and tough questions but lets be civil, fair and genuine.
Well said Beez. In the future, I'll try to keep myself in check and try really hard not to get too aggressive, but I will continue to be outspoken and sincerely hope that it doesn't negatively affect the great reputation that this site so deservedly deserves.

lwien,

Cappella Sistina

Yep. They kept beating around the bush in Chat as well.

People can dog pile me if they'd like, but something isn't right about this "dream position". Not sure what...but them being SO vague isn't helping.

Cappella Sistina,

lwien

VaporThoughts said:
We have gotten a few really good e-mails from forum members so thanks to the people who have reached out to us.
If you are an interested candidate, you may send us an e-mail and we will respond with more information.
Ok, one more request, and I'll let this one go. I hope I'm not being too aggressive here with this one last request (not meant to be a passive-aggressive remark, although I I realize it kind of sounds that way).

Being that this company has stated that if you send them an e-mail, they will respond with more information and being that they have stated above that they have already gotten a few really good e-mails from forum members, I would like to hear from one of these forum members that they in fact did provide you with more information as to who they are, and that you feel that this company is really on the up & up. I'm not asking that you divulge the info, just that you got it and that it validates who they say they are, which is a legitimate marketing research company.

lwien,

tuttle

I have a feeling that those of you complaining have never worked or interviewed at a company that requires an NDA. More often than not you have to go in and sign the NDA and only then do you hear about the company, what they do, and what your responsibilities would be. It is just the way the world works for a lot of companies that are keenly interested in protecting their image and intellectual property. If you don't like it, stop reading this thread.

tuttle,

Konrad_Zuse

lwien said:
Konrad_Zuse said:
You still never told us anything about your business after repeatedly being asked....
In chat?
Yes in chat, first time was a "brb" for 1 hour, then the other times, not sure, but never answered a question about the business.

Cappella Sistina said:

People can dog pile me if they'd like, but something isn't right about this "dream position". Not sure what...but them being SO vague isn't helping.
You were doing the same thing when asked any info about your pieces, or anything about yourself. But you're not the one offering any sort of dream job.

Konrad_Zuse,

Cappella Sistina

Konrad_Zuse said:
lwien said:
Konrad_Zuse said:
You still never told us anything about your business after repeatedly being asked....
In chat?
Yes in chat, first time was a "brb" for 1 hour, then the other times, not sure, but never answered a question about the business.

Cappella Sistina said:

You were doing the same thing when asked any info about your pieces, or anything about yourself. But you're not the one offering any sort of dream job.
Really? Because I thought I was pretty open when ever someone asked me anything about the pieces i'm selling. In fact I had open lines of communication with a couple different memeber on here, about them. But, like ou said I also wasn't trying to get personal info from anyone.

Cappella Sistina,

Bananiq

hmm.. reading the discussion... imho I think that it can be considered as obvious for a company to show their personal data only after contacting them...., we don't have our real names published on FC.com, now do we? :ko: Actually, I think this forum can be quite good place for opportunities like this. :)

flow with vapors guys.
:peace:

Bananiq,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
If they cannot provide personal company information publicly, that's fine. However don't advertise to the forum that you will be in the chat room to provide more info, and then dodge everyone. Lwien has the best point yet, we haven't heard from any forum members. I personally will avoid these guys and highly suggest you all do as well.

AgentofChaos,

Konrad_Zuse

Cappella Sistina said:
Konrad_Zuse said:
lwien said:

Cappella Sistina said:

Really? Because I thought I was pretty open when ever someone asked me anything about the pieces i'm selling. In fact I had open lines of communication with a couple different memeber on here, about them. But, like ou said I also wasn't trying to get personal info from anyone.
Nothing against you, but when I asked about other pieces I really didn't get any info, or when you asked "who I was" and I said "shouldn't I be asking you that" and you said "I'd like to keep it that way" that's what that post was towards. Nothing against you, you're a new addition to chat, sorry if it came off wrong, I'm baked as hell off of my new bub, happy vaping.

Konrad_Zuse,

Durden

I am Jack's title
I decided to check it out and sent them an email to see what was up and introduce myself as a member of the forum a couple of days ago when they first posted. They responded with a phone number to call for details and were fairly open when I called them. They just seem to be looking to better understand the vaporizer market, its progression (;)), and all the different models available from a consumer perspective. I think it's a positive thing to have more people and companies interested in the vaporizer market. There is a definite need for awareness of, and information about, good vaporizers; even among the people that use them. I am all for getting and spreading more information about vaporizers, and hope something positive comes out of this.

Durden,

Cappella Sistina

Or it could be an attempt at the classification of Vaporizers, as paraphanalia. Which until recently has flown way under the radar, in the states where paraphanalia laws are strick on glass, pipes, etc etc....Vaporizers, as a whole have been unscathed by paraphanalia laws. I know in FL, there is now a push to get them to fall under that classification because.

If its a research company, basically surveying this market...where does the "attend trade shows" come into play then? Surely their not going to sned people to attend trad shows, just to survey attendee's.

Hopefully no one idetifies themselves to these guys, by your screen name. ESPECIALLY if you openly talk about Canna usage, go into the chat, or have posted pics of yourself. That goes beyond this board, if someone does a simple search on screen names your alias can be found on any other board, you frequent...if you use the same name else where.

:tinfoil:

Im going to leave this one alone, so as not to beat a deadhorse. Be carefuly everyone.

:ninja:

Cappella Sistina,

Cappella Sistina

Konrad_Zuse said:
Cappella Sistina said:
Konrad_Zuse said:

Nothing against you, but when I asked about other pieces I really didn't get any info, or when you asked "who I was" and I said "shouldn't I be asking you that" and you said "I'd like to keep it that way" that's what that post was towards. Nothing against you, you're a new addition to chat, sorry if it came off wrong, I'm baked as hell off of my new bub, happy vaping.
Well damn...I dont even remember that conversation. Sorry brutha....maybe it was on my "down time". :)

Cappella Sistina,

VaporThoughts

Durden: it was great speaking with you earlier. Thanks for the kind words.

Konrad: I apologize- we intended to answer all of your questions but ended up on annoying conference calls. We are on chat now if you are around.

VaporThoughts,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom