Dream Position Available for Intelligent Vaporist

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaporThoughts

Hi there forum members!

We are a small research and marketing company looking to add a vaporizer expert [vaporist] or two to our roster of enthusiastic and talented people. If you think of yourself as an expert on vaporization and you are highly motivated, energetic and well-informed, we'd love to talk to you!

Requirements:
2+ Years Experience using a Vaporizer
Complete Technical Understanding of Vaporization & all Vaporizers currently on the market
Team Player
US or Canadian Citizen

This is a part-time freelance job which could lead to a full time position for the right person.

Preference will be given to frequent posters that have a history of meaningful participation on this forum.

Thanks and have a great day!

P.S We know that there are a lot of knowledgeable vaporist's out there who might be paranoid and might think that this is some sort of scam or trap. We are simply looking to conduct market research and we believe that this is the best place to turn for comprehensive knowledge. We can be reached via the E-Mail link in our profile.

VaporThoughts,

Cappella Sistina

Sounds like a good opportunity. However, I know personally...i'd want to at least know the name of the company before reaching out to them for such a position.

Also chosing candidates, based on interaction on an internet forum is kind of risky for your company, dont you think? Just because someone can articulate thoughts, while sitting at a keyboard doesnt exactly mean they can converse publicly. Not saying this is the case all the times, but some people do have forms of social anxiety, or lack proper technique's that would be needed when dealing face to face at trade shows.

Cappella Sistina,

Qbit

cannabanana
Cappella Sistina said:
Also chosing candidates, based on interaction on an internet forum is kind of risky for your company, dont you think? Just because someone can articulate thoughts, while sitting at a keyboard doesnt exactly mean they can converse publicly. Not saying this is the case all the times, but some people do have forms of social anxiety, or lack proper technique's that would be needed when dealing face to face at trade shows.
I'd say that this is still the best place to be hunting for a vape expert. Nowhere else will you find better informed vapourists, because this is where all the best vape info is shared.

The vetting process will only begin here of course - they're not going to be giving anyone a job simply based on their FC posting history. And I doubt that anyone with major social anxiety is going to bother to apply in the first place.

Qbit,

Cappella Sistina

I agree with you about this place, being a valuable source of people that "know whats up". I just figured it would be a cool to know the companies name, or more about the company. I know I would want to, before ever applying for a position in any industry.

Oh, and you'd be surprised what people will apply for.....then choke up, when there isnt a wall of text. I've seen and experienced in first hand. Not there is anything wrong with those people....but, being at a trade show, isnt the time to find out the person on hand isnt good with large crowds, or face to face to interactions. I say that because, this company didnt even post where they are at, so one would be left to assume they dont care if the person applying, is a tele-comute or something to that effect. Again, over the phone may not translate well face to face.

I always interview a company, more than they interview me before getting on board. As should any employee. With that I like to do my homework on a potential emplyer, prior to wasting their time or turning over any personal info....so more details are always better

The beauty of public forums.

Just my .02

Cappella Sistina,

VaporThoughts

In an ideal world we could post all of our company info here publicly however we are a company in the research business and we are bound by confidentiality agreements that do not allow us to divulge much in a public forum such as this. This is however a fantastic opportunity for someone who knows a lot about vaporizer's to make some cash as well as be involved in some really cool projects. This is a part time freelance position which could lead to a full time position for the right person.

VaporThoughts,

Konrad_Zuse

In an ideal world we would be able to trust that anyone could just randomly post a "dream" opportunity for someone else on the internet. Unless you're going to give us info on who you are, and stuff that we can actually see results with, then maybe people will offer their assistance. Until you prove some solid info that we can trust, I doubt people are just going to come here and attempt this.

Konrad_Zuse,

lepstadder

pretty strange to be asking for such a large amount of personal information from people without providing any info at all about the company

lepstadder,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
My paranoia buzzer went off big time on this one. :uhoh:

I don't give out any personal info to anyone, anytime, without a little more knowledge. Hell, I won't even admit to telemarketers that I'm the party they are calling. I had a guy walk up to me as I was getting out of my car yesterday and ask if I was the home owner (he was selling window replacements). I told him no and closed my garage door. Sounds bitchy, but I've got new windows buddy....get a clue. And hey, never said I wasn't bitchy. :cool:

momofthegoons,

VaporThoughts

Listen guy's we are not asking for any personal information right off the bat. Just looking for a few good vaporist's out there that are interested in making some cash as well as taking part in some interesting research. We are happy to provide our corporate information via private channels. We are a very smart company that is dedicated to meeting the needs of our clients.

VaporThoughts,

lwien

VaporThoughts said:
We are a very smart company that is dedicated to meeting the needs of our clients.
Any company that refers to themselves as a "very smart company", sounds a bit suspect to me. It's just a very odd comment.

I don't think anyone here is asking for a corporate prospectus, but what they are asking for is just a tidbit of information about your company. How 'bout if we just start out with the name of your company and where you are located.....and........if you had any involvement with the marketing research of Vaporicer?

That last comment was a bit tongue in cheek............kind of. ;)

lwien,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I don't know lwein, I wouldn't mind seeing last quarter's financial statement. :lol:

Seriously, I can't imagine that anyone would respond without knowing the name of the company at the very least. Some of the people on this forum are not legal, card holding users. I'm sure they do not want to go out on a limb without knowing there's some sort of safety net below them, if you get my drift.

momofthegoons,

VaporThoughts

We have gotten a few really good e-mails from forum members so thanks to the people who have reached out to us. We understand everyone's trepidation - but please understand that we are not asking for anyone's personal contact information- nor are we asking anyone to do anything illegal or unethical. We are a market research company that has been engaged to conduct research on behalf of one of our clients. We are happy to provide our corporate data via private channels. If you are an interested candidate, you may send us an e-mail and we will respond with more information.

VaporThoughts,

lwien

VaporThoughts said:
We have gotten a few really good e-mails from forum members so thanks to the people who have reached out to us. We understand everyone's trepidation - but please understand that we are not asking for anyone's personal contact information- nor are we asking anyone to do anything illegal or unethical. We are a market research company that has been engaged to conduct research on behalf of one of our clients. We are happy to provide our corporate data via private channels. If you are an interested candidate, you may send us an e-mail and we will respond with more information.
Again, no one here is asking for corporate data. How 'bout just the name of your company. If you don't even want to do that, I urge any members here NOT to contact this company, for it sounds like they are on a fishing expedition that may, in fact, not be in your best interest.

Just the title of this thread should make you cautious. "Dream Position" to suck you in, and "Intelligent Vaporist" to appeal to your sense of self-worth. I call..........scam, that is, until they can qualify that they are a legitimate marketing research company.

lwien,

VaporThoughts

lwien - we will reiterate "We are happy to provide our corporate data via private channels. "
We are not on any sort of fishing expedition- and besides, what harm could we possibly do to a vapor enthusiast who sends us an anonymous message? Send the vapor police? Seriously- It's not that deep of a thing. We are simply looking to conduct market research and we think that this is a good place to look for a few smart vapor enthusiasts.

VaporThoughts,

lwien

VaporThoughts said:
lwien - we will reiterate "We are happy to provide our corporate data via private channels. "
And again, I say, no one here is asking for corporate data, just the name of your company.

If, as you are saying, you will provide "corporate data" via private channels, what would inhibit those who receive this data from posting that data up here? A non-disclosure agreement?

Just a LITTLE bit more info about who in the hell you are would put to rest some of the trepidation here. Like mom has said, no one here is asking for quarterly financials or a corporate prospective.

And......you are looking for a few "smart" vapor enthusiasts, versus "dumb" vapor enthusiasts ? So anyone who would contact you would be "smart"? LOL !! :rolleyes:

If you are, in fact, legit, than I humbly apologize, but your tactics here are so transparent, that I have my doubts.

lwien,

VaporThoughts

lwien- we accept your humble apology. We are totally legit. For legal reasons however, we can't just post our company name on this forum. The forum rules dictate that the contents of a private conversation cannot be posted in the forum.

" Do not post the contents of private conversations without permission from all parties involved."

That rule is enough for us to feel comfortable conveying our corporate info via private message/e-mail.
No fancy NDA's

It's all good man! Have a great day!

VaporThoughts,

Konrad_Zuse

VaporThoughts said:
We are not on any sort of fishing expedition- and besides, what harm could we possibly do to a vapor enthusiast who sends us an anonymous message? Send the vapor police? Seriously- It's not that deep of a thing. We are simply looking to conduct market research and we think that this is a good place to look for a few smart vapor enthusiasts.
You said "Via private channels" So do this, goto the top of this page, and on the top right it will say "Chat Room" Go into there, and talk to some of the vaporists there. You will find a great handful of EXTREMELY knowledgeable people. We've been called, and a quote "The Chat Room Elitists."

Stop by anytime if you have questions feel free to ask.

Konrad_Zuse,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Welcome to the forum, Vaporthoughts! I hope you find it useful...and thank you for reading the rules first!

Don't worry about lwien. He is officially off the welcoming committee since he didn't show up with cookies first for the unpteenth time.

There are a few of you that like to immediately bash someone who shows up here with a statement or a product/service. This needs to stop. If this guy doesn't want to put his company name up or anything else you think he should, so what? You don't need to respond or make comments...just keep moving, folks.

The time to bash is AFTER a VaporIcer-like situation is encountered, not before.

stickstones,

lwien

Fuck, I forgot the cookies. Damnit.......

Sticks, it's just that...........achhh, never mind. I'll go bashless for a bit.

lwien,

Cappella Sistina

I'd feel a lil better, if at minimum the contact e-mail was attached to a company owned domain name VS one that anyone can make up.

Can you guys at leat say where you are based out of? That should'nt be na issue.

Cappella Sistina,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Sounds interesting (welcome to FC, vaporthoughts :D ).

If anyone wants more information, just send them an email (you can even make a new email account without identifying info or send it through the forum email if you are that paranoid :tinfoil:)

Progress,

lwien

Progress said:
Sounds interesting (welcome to FC, vaporthoughts :D ).

If anyone wants more information, just send them an email (you can even make a new email account without identifying info or send it through the forum email if you are that paranoid :tinfoil:)
Ok, with cookies in hand.........not bashing, done with that. Just commenting on quote above, especially with the "tinfoil" smiley.

Paranoia begets paranoia. If this company wasn't paranoid about letting us know who they are, people here wouldn't be paranoid about wanting to interact with them. All I'm sayin' is that a bit of paranoia being expressed here isn't without a valid justification.

lwien,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
We are totally legit. For legal reasons however, we can't just post our company name on this forum.
I'm sorry, but this is the statement that sends my alarm bells going off. I'm not trying to bash either, but I would never apply for a job with a company of any sort that wouldn't even tell me their name "due to legal reasons." Seems like a simple request on our part.

momofthegoons,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom