1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Dr Dabber Switch (Induction Vaporizer)

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by stickstones, Apr 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. clukx

clukx Well-Known Member

Yes I agree I think the switch was a direct competitor for the peak they just thought hey the peak can't do flowers let's introduce flower setting and a bigger battery and just rushed as fast as possible to get it to the market while everyone still hyped the peak. Not enough time r&d and Too much time trying to jump on the wagon..

Danksta likes this.
  2. ShayWhiteGrow

ShayWhiteGrow vAPEhOPPER

Dude if you turn the heat down it vapes flower just fine. Very worded for something that only happens when people have it all the way up. Common sense always wins in the end:D

3. biohacker

biohacker fully melted

Respect bro, I was just trying to provide some clarification for the "?" in response to the copy/paste snippet that I posted.. and perhaps Danksta would disagree with you that it vapes flower just fine, even on low heat?

..and regardless, common sense these days is like deodorant - the people who need it the most never seem to use it.

Cheers :cheers:

4. DabberChase

DabberChase Company Rep

Please, email info@drdabber.com or call 1-855-362-3227, Mon- Fri 10-5 (PST), and ask for Chase. I will make sure to get you taken care of ASAP.

Maitri, CreamCityVapes, juxt and 3 others like this.
  5. Danksta

Danksta Well-Known Member

We might have different versions of "fine". Perhaps my unit wasn't tuned right. I dunno, but max or low, the abv was like an ash.

I really think firmware would change it. If the low setting didn't ramp up so much it might work. But currently it's over baking.

As for the effects. Those can be mimicked with a Flowerpot set in the 777-800 range.

This thread would be more positive if they had just stuck to oil. But they persisted so now we gotta spend time to have this endless conversation :lol:

6. stickstones

stickstones Vapor concierge

@Baron23 - the proof's in the pudding for me. you gotta see the remains or it all sounds like horseshit.

7. biohacker

biohacker fully melted

Pudding Pyrolysis :p

[​IMG]

aj0125, steama, duff and 5 others like this.
  8. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

You know I love you like a brother, brother. :tup::clap:

I'm bowing out now as I have no plans currently to buy this device, have said my piece, and have no desire to appear to be bashing DD nor try to make owners regret their purchase.

For those who enjoy it with flower, I am sincerely happy for you and hope your device last a long and pleasant time.

Cheers guys.

JCat, steama, tonuzzi and 3 others like this.
  9. Danksta

haha why? so he can smell horseshit in person :lol::horse:

steama, ShayWhiteGrow and biohacker like this.
  10. HerbieVonVapster

HerbieVonVapster Well-Known Member

Yes if this was a flower only vaporizer I woulda passed. Pens never really gave me dab hits that I really enjoyed. FF2 and my thermovape dart are good for the road. For me it's about the excitement of adding something different to my collection. Guess some vas too. This and lil bud are the first new vaporizer I bough in couple years.

arb and Danksta like this.
  11. stickstones

I'm just saying I was equally baffled by it at first, and it took me a while to get to where I am now.

StormyPinkness and ShayWhiteGrow like this.
  12. His_Highness

His_Highness In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

I've seen the remains.....it's like charcoal or maybe it is charcoal. No ash anywhere. I've smelled and felt it.

I mentioned earlier that my Solo's produce black, charcoal like ABV when I finish off a stem at max. If I had to describe the difference between the Solo ABV and the Switch ABV.....I'd say the difference is that the Solo left a little something behind. The Switch didn't leave anything behind other than a memory. :2c:

13. Vapxr

Vapxr Member

I agree with you all in saying fuck combustion. That being said I still like the switch for flower. I keep anything I use clean as a whistle and the taste from a clean joint and glass is nice. Friends comparing it to smoking a bong or joint also say it doesn't taste like it either but everything is subjective

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  14. mrbonsai420

mrbonsai420 I love Grass and Glass!

There is a lot of talk about flower vaporization here. I for one don't care about that , at all. I have countless flower vapes that work quite well, and concentrates medicate me better and taste better these days anyway.

That being said I want to talk about how good this thing is for DABBING ON THE GO. Which is my main reason to want one. I have an Evo, Milanna, and several others for Flowers (may add a Flowerpot, since it's next level ) . And I have about 5 Liger enails around the house at this point so I am really good at the house anyway.
    I want to talk about strictly dabbing on the go vs my current options. I have a Peak, QQ, DT v3, Henail, and a traditional rig and nail with a torch. The first portable the FINALLY allowed me to leave my torch at home was the Peak. I can get a tasty dab like experience, swab it out fairly clean after each hit, and it lasts pretty much all day with solo use, about 20 hits. Unfortunately, if I go out or I am using it with friends the Peak battery doesn't last me all day.
    So I know the switch blows the peak out of the water on battery, but what about the actual dab experience? Are the dabs super tasty? Are there any caveats for dabbers? are you able to swab the inserts fairly clean after a hit?
    Does anyone have both the Peak and Switch?

MAbud, ShayWhiteGrow, LVS and 4 others like this.
  15. clukx

clukx Well-Known Member

I've heard cleaning is more than a simple swab on the switch, having to fully remove the insert vs the peak just swabbing, I haven't tried the switch but for portability its HUGE I would just bring a power bank for the peak, or if you are a dr dabber fan perhaps a boost black edition?

LesPlenty likes this.
  16. Danksta

Correct. Even with the quartz I had to do a dry "go" cycle to burn off what oil I was not able to swab. The metal buckets the insert rests in seems to offgas every time. I was waiting until I saw no vapor trail before I took a dab. Not exactly a unit made for back to back dabs.

LesPlenty likes this.
  17. LesPlenty

LesPlenty Well-Known Member

What are you talking about, it will look great paired with my phone :haw:
    [​IMG]

ShayWhiteGrow and Danksta like this.
  18. stickstones

The nails are pretty small and have just enough wiggle while in the well that swabbing is cumbersome...I think I tried it once.

The ceramic nails come out perfectly clean with the cleaning cycle, but the quartz doesn't get hot enough to burn it all off, so there is a legitimate issue to navigate there. I like the quartz best for flavor, but if I want to clean it, it's gonna be a torch or iso. I think the ceramic nail will be the daily driver for most.

19. Danksta

Those "ceramic" nails are such crap. It's just a metal bucket (I pray Ti atleast) coated with ceramic. They always offgas and after the cleaning cycle you are left with that motor oil smell you would get from old Ti nails when we cleaned them. It makes for a very unpleasant experience. Maybe someone who is just getting into dabbing will like it better. But seasoned vets will not like those metal cups.

20. Terpstar

Terpstar i love terpenes

Lets make something clear. The “ceramic” inserts are as far from ceramic as one could get and still call them “ceramic.” I wouldn’t call them ceramic. They are metal (stainless or aluminum based on the amount of off-gassing) sprayed with some (nasty) rough “ceramic” (maybe?) coating. Anyone expecting the inserts to be a nice smooth solid piece of ceramic like a hive nail was or like liger inserts are (or like a freaking ceramic pot for crying out loud) you are in for an unpleasant surprise.

Now for my opinion: What a piece of junk. Dr. Dabber lied about it vaping flower (it burns it. we can call it whatever we want). And more importantly lied about actual ceramic inserts. Bahahaha. Unreal. They shoulda been more transparent. Glad my buddy was able to off his...

terpslayer, Alexis, Baron23 and 5 others like this.
  21. Danksta

Has it already been discussed if those cups are needed for the induction heating? It would be cool if we could just dab off that joint.

ShayWhiteGrow likes this.
  22. Vapxr

Vapxr Member

I was wondering the same thing. There doesn't seem to be any opening and it even says in the manual that you can put iso in the joint so I don't see why we can't just put flower/trates directly into the joint without a cup. Might be time to experiment....

Danksta likes this.
  23. stickstones

you need metal to conduct the heat. It won't even start heating without metal in it. I think the nails are Ti with a ceramic powder coating-type of thing. Anyone with a quartz nail can take the quartz out and use that Ti bucket to dab.

Alexis, StormyPinkness and anasrzi like this.
  24. StormyPinkness

StormyPinkness Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

I thought it was weird people were bringing that up, I'm not sure how else it could work. Does induction work with other materials?

25. Danksta

Looking forward to whatever the next device is to copy the Peak idea. This device requires too much effort and focus to keep it working nice and clean IMO.

clukx likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors