Done waiting for the _____!

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
So, I have needed a new vape for my bedroom for a while now. I have been waiting and waiting for a certain vape to hit the market, but I just can't wait any longer. I am looking for suggestions (again) for my unique situation. I borrowed my son's HA, and it does the job, but he wants it back for bag blowing.

* This is for my bedroom. I share this bedroom with someone who does not vape. This new vape needs to be somewhat discreet. What I mean by that is I can't have a lot of equipment- like whips, torches, etc. I own the Q, and love it- but it is a perfect example of what I can't have in the bedroom. It doesn't have to stealth or anything, just not cluttered.

* Since it is a bedroom vape, I need a heavy hitter to medicate at night. I used to have a PD. It fit in well, but did not provide adequate medicinal properties (ie. not hot enough).

* It doesn't have to be portable, but i am considering the Solo.

* It doesn't have to "conserve". I am not interested in efficiency.

* It HAS to perform well with glass!

So, there you have it. I am considering the Solo because I love the Q, and the idea of not being connected to a wall socket while vaping is cool. I would not use it as a portable, however. I wouldn't take it out- I have LB for that. I am concerned about the smell problem, I don't see how it connects to GonG very well.

Some people have suggested the UD. I am reluctant because of my experience with the PD. I loved the PD, but it just didn't hit hard enough. Is the UD becoming popular now because PD is out of business?

I know there are many other vaporizers, and I have done a lot of research. Can anyone suggest the perfect (or close to it) solution for my situation?

Tstat,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
The Solo works well with glass and can provide the medication you are looking for. Although it's technically a portable, I know a few people who use theirs as their daily driver and rarely take them out of the house.

A word about smell: When the Solo is running, it does emit that lovely fragrance that we all know so well. So if your significant other is put off by this scent, the Solo may not be your best option.

:2c:

Stu,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
As a soon to be UD owner myself I've gathered from research that the UD performs better then the earlier logs in terms of cloud thickness and hits per bowl. In short it has a bowl that is capable of holding more product, but it also has a better airflow, plus better suction because of the silicon stems it uses (tighter fit then metal on metal). Depending on the wood and shape/size you'd choose they also run hotter than the more traditional log vapes & produces a darker ABV.

If you do end up choosing a Solo it may pay to look in to which model would suit you best. Some are programmed to run a little cooler than others & there are a few other minor differences. And of course there still is the chance you might end up with a stinker, although I do suspect that it is also often a case of personal sensitivity to smells and (off) taste. Some do smell stronger then others though.

OhTheAgony,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
I'd have to suggest the CRZ. I haven't used the UD, and I'm sure it's great, but I'm completely happy with my CRZ. It seems to fit all your criteria. I can say it does hit better (harder and tastier) than the PD.

Magic9,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
That is also one to consider of course ^^

There are one or two (or three?) comparisons between the CRZ and the UD in the UD thread as wel if you're interested.

OhTheAgony,

SD_haze

A log-looking vape would definitely be ideal for the quiet non-intrusive operation.

The PD, woodeez, aromazap, CRZ, they all *can* get fairly large hits, but it requires using the right material with a very specific grind to really get a big sleepy-time cloud.

I've only had the UD for a few days now but its definitely providing consistently larger hits, partly because of less restriction, but mostly, the #1 reason is you can fit a lot more material in a load, if you want.

If conservation is not an issue, loading big UD stems is very satisfying experience. I've had little desire to go back to a supreme bowl just because I can get as big as I want with the UD, or load a CRZ stem's worth and get the same efficient extraction if desired.

Its also a bit more enjoyable to use vapor-bonging because of the fairly free draw, definitely feels more natural on the lungs.

(video comparison in da works)

SD_haze,

Nycdeisel

I had a PD for a while (I still have it, though its safe to say the CRZ has really outdone it, and PD is really just used to heat oil now) before I got my first CRZ.. It is quite a bit hotter and can give much fuller hits IMO.

The CRZs are beautiful as well, since they do not limited the wood choice so much because it is not wood insulated. [I just posted a new picture of my newest CRZ up in the zap thread, if you want to see an upclose example of a pretty one ;)]

A CRZ, or possibly a UD(I have not seen any type of comparison between the UD and CRZ though and because i havent used the underdog i can not say much about it, nor can i really recommend it at this point)

Nycdeisel,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
I would DEFINITELY say the Underdog Log vaporizer will fit your needs perfectly. It hits a lot harder than the older style log vapes like the PD and the original AZ. It is very discreet and works well. That would be my recommendation.

I can get a dark brown chocolatey color and some very good stoney hits

Elluzion,

jackmormon

I would suggest an underdog for use with glass also. I have only had one for a few days now but am very impressed. It has the convenience and form factor of a log vape but the airflow through the heat exchanger and the way the silicone stems work bring it to a completely new level. During my "testing" this weekend I have been able to completely fog up anything from a small bubbler to a my 3 foot Trinity tube which hasn't seen any use since starting to vape exclusively. The UD is definitely my new power hitter.

On the Solo, I wouldn't suggest it at all considering how much of a glass-head you are. It will barely fog up a Mobius Ion bubbler and then the temp drops so much you have to give it a minute or so to warm back up. While it works, it is not the best tool to use with serious glass.

Just my :2c:

jackmormon,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
Another vote for the UD as well. I keep one next to my bed at all times. If its not connected to my bubbler I'm using it for aromatherapy oils.

Gonzo,

Nycdeisel

How many recommending the UD as a heavier hitter have tried the CRZ as well? is the UD much hotter?

Nycdeisel,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
I owned a CRZ and in truth they are the closest as far as heat IMO. IMO the UD beats the CRZ in terms of unrestricted air path. That was the main difference for me. I bought a Woodeez, UD, and CRZ all at the same time. I sold the CRZ at first to my sister, then the WDZ to a fellow forum member. I now own 5 UD's.

Gonzo,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
jackmormon said:
On the Solo, I wouldn't suggest it at all considering how much of a glass-head you are. It will barely fog up a Mobius Ion bubbler and then the temp drops so much you have to give it a minute or so to warm back up. While it works, it is not the best tool to use with serious glass.

Just my :2c:
This isn't my experience with the solo at all.
I've used it with my RX Indistries 14" beaker (my biggest piece) and have fogged it up very nicely.
IME the solo delivers some of the thickest clouds i can get. (especially for a portable)

Having said that, the LSV is one of my favourite vapes for hitting through water.
It has a virtually unrestricted draw, and my favourite method of mating with glass (the WPA)

Here's my :2c: re log vapes:
If you can, try one first.
I remember reading what seemed like nothing but glowing reviews about log vapes, so I ended up getting a CRZ.
And then I was never massively happy with it.
I was getting (what I would call) moderate clouds at best.

In the interests of full disclosure, there is a significant possibility that I just didn't spend enough time with the CRZ to get the best out of it...

Frederick McGuire,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
Im gonna say LSV, i can dig the CRZ and UD reccomendations too but i wouldnt consider log vapes to really be heavy hitters, i can get a pretty good pull from my CRZ but not really in the same category as my SSV

SF Giant,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
IMO it's hard to compare UD size hits with other log vapes. The CRZ gives nice hits but not large when compared with my UD's. Once again, just my opinion.

Gonzo,

SD_haze

SF Giant said:
Im gonna say LSV, i can dig the CRZ and UD reccomendations too but i wouldnt consider log vapes to really be heavy hitters, i can get a pretty good pull from my CRZ but not really in the same category as my SSV

Good thinking
LSV might indeed be the best choice. I'd have to have one if I had a nice glass collection.

SD_haze,

treecityrnd

I'd love to see some more direct comparisons between the UD and CRZ. Especially temp-wise...

Links? Thanks!

treecityrnd,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
I am now really looking at the LSV. I am not going to buy another log. As much I like the looks, it's not what I need in this situation.

Tstat,

treecityrnd

I know you will love it. Just take a look at all my glass pics in the LSV thread. It's so much fun playing with all the different adaptor and glass accessories. Better flavor than any whip-style vape IMO. And great vapor to air ratio with the right 18-14mm adaptor.

And its a "portable" home vape. You can easily take it from room to room, wherever its needed, quick heat-up, and put it in a drawer for stealth or any "spouses with differing opinions"

But I still want to see a comparison between the UD and CRZ... ;)

treecityrnd,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I also vote for the LSV from the description. Not used one, but seems its the one simple (simple accessories, small vape) glass heavy hitter. Also the Cloud looks ideal, but I assume the name of this thread is about it. :D

Seek,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Yea, I just can't wait any longer for the Cloud. I'm not bumming on them at all, and I'll probably still buy one. But I just can't justify waiting if there is something that fits the bill right now. My son shattered his ankle and is laid up. He wants his HA back, and I'd rather see him medicate that way.

I am going to start reading the thread right now. Does the LSV get hot? It looks slightly dangerous!

Tstat,

Truefreak

Part Time Vaporist
The LSV gets hot after a while. If you have it on a high setting (like 80% power) and leave it sitting either in it's carry bag (while open of course) or on a pot holder, it will get decently hot to the touch after 20 - 30 min or so. I have never had it get to the point where I couldn't still hold it though...so I'd say it tops out a bit below a fresh cup of burn your mouth coffee.

Truefreak,

Nycdeisel

The LSV takes time and careful prep. a lot of glass, a heavy unit. To me it seemed like thats the total opposite of what you want for a small bedside unit.

Nycdeisel,

darkrom

Great Scott!
FWIW the UD hits far harder than the PD. I've never heard anyone say that their PD hits harder than a DBV. My UD certainly did 100% of the time. It is not even in the same league as the old style log vapes. All logs are good at efficiency, but for people like me and you who don't care about that, the UD still delivers a huge hit. I think you are making a mistake ruling out all log vapes based on your experience with an old one. If you were local I'd have you give my UD a shot to change your mind real fast.

darkrom,

vapor 4 life

Until that certain vape hits the market I have to say the only vape that can come close for me is the vrip VHW all glass vapor path best taste works with all my glass nothing beats a water and ice cooled hit . $169 online. I have really wanted to get a solo as a portable but the reported "robot fart" plastic smell scares me. I can taste the silicone on most whip vapes .

vapor 4 life,
Top Bottom