Does vape-bonging affect taste?

Hoof Hearted

Vapesallday Industries
I don't feel like searchin for this but I was just wondering if anyone else enjoys the smell of vapor so much that they sometimes inhale through the nose when vape-bonging.

I like doing that off the 1st hit once in awhile. The smell probably appeals to me so much because I'm new to vaping and recently quit combusting after 16 years.

I should've started vaping a long time ago. The smell/taste/harshness of smoke is disgusting to me now. I'd much rather eat it than smoke it. Simpson oil is very effective :brow:

Actually, it's more like... :ko: uhDERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Nose-hits? Now that's one I surprisingly have never thought of. Thanks for giving me something new and exciting to try this weekend!

Hoof Hearted

Vapesallday Industries
Nose-hits? Now that's one I surprisingly have never thought of. Thanks for giving me something new and exciting to try this weekend!

Hell yeah give it a shot! The 1st time I tried it I was when I was about to clear my bong and I wanted to see what vapor smelled like so I stuck my nose in the bong and noticed that it smelled really good so I just used both hands to create a seal and let her rip. I was expecting it to be harsh bit it wasn't. It was very smooth. My nose didn't burn at all. I only do this on the 1st hit at a lower temp. (I use a DBV and 12'' straight tube)

Hoof Hearted,

Mrmrmrmr

I have the same setup (lsv + solo) and the solo absolutely has better vapor quality. The lsv has good taste, but only for the first hit, and only if it isn't turned up too high. The solo on the other hand tastes pretty fresh for a few hits, even at max temp. Granted the solo hits are much smaller than the lsv, which can easily roast a bowl in one hit.
I beg to differ..
The lsv is 100% convection versus the hybrid conduction/convection heating of the solo speaks otherwise

Oscar_Milde

Forum Crawler
With my LSV through hot water through my SC tube, none of my flavors disappear. Same flavors as I get dry through the wand except it's less harsh.
What he said! Terpenes are often water soluble, but don't think that seems to happen post vaporization. Warm water makes the most sense as temperature difference between vapour and water will be minimized, an effective tool in staving off recondensation.

If I smell the water I've been using before pouring it out I can only smell popcorn aromas, not terps...

Oscar_Milde,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Oscar_Milde,

Warm water makes the most sense...

Well, this comment inspires me a remark about the warmest water of all.

Proper butane burning generates enough high-temperature water vapor to eliminate the need for water accessories completely; it's just too bad there's got to be CO2 in the cannabic stream too as this may promote headaches in a few cases. Yet, most particles end up being collected in my extension tubing anyway, with the additional benefit of conveniently moisturized vapor. So, i guess any water accessory really feels like excess weight for a VG-style pipe user, unless one is dealing with unwanted taste/aroma features and that would be unlikely, as far as i'm concerned...

Personally i favour this form of cannabic vapor conditioning, when necessary/applicable:

:peace:

Egzoset,
Top Bottom