Does pot really make you think better and/or deeper?

Does pot really make you think deeper?

• Yes, definitely, beyond doubt

Votes: 39 68.4%
  • Nah, bro. That's just stoner logic..

Votes: 18 31.6%

• Total voters

Reybondo

wadiyatalkinabeet
I wouldn't say it's better or worse but definitely deeper when thinking about more open topics (parallel universes, the way we perceive the world around us, stuff like that) definitely allows me to follow a trail of thought easier, I'll think of one thing associated with said topic which could trigger another thought and derail my original thought completely.
If you know what I mean?

But when thinking of more logical stuff such as maths I tend to make more stupid mistakes than I would if I was sober and often find myself repeating the same equation because I forgot the outcome or something similar.

I guess it does depend on the strain, method of consumption and the individual

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
now, there are some strains, some hazes in particular, that speed up my thoughts entirely too much. "racing thoughts" altho, i haven't gotten that in a while.

rabblerouser,

Trypsy Summers

I'd say it has the ability for you to become aware, and be aware of that fact!
It can certainly be a precursor like a knock at the door, I find that psilocybin to be the deeper revealer, i.e the actual door opener and cannabis can certainly enhance that!

:leaf:

juneshayek

Yeah I wish I had the guts but I'm too chicken to try anything like that. Pot is going to have to be my wannabe psychedelic for now..

Trypsy Summers

Ahh......silly-cy-bin. Fond memories of my psychedelic years but back then window pane and Owsley acid were my vehicles of choice. Lots of doors opened back then. Learned a lot. Still brings a smile to my face when I think about it.

I kinda get what you're saying, but psilocybin ain't really no joke, cos that stuff can hurt you, and hurt you badly if you kinda get in too deep! So I wouldn't use the term 'silly' per se!

Yeah I wish I had the guts but I'm too chicken to try anything like that. Pot is going to have to be my wannabe psychedelic for now..

Yeah I hear you, but don't let fear prevent you from finding out, cos the first thing and the only thing you really need to know is that it won't kill you! Check the facts, Psilocybin is less toxic than Cannabis, and we all know that Cannabis although brutal, dependent on strain, certainly ain't no killer, unless you're called pain or stress!

I remember my first time at Chills n Thrills (in Amsterdam back in the day), I asked them which was the strongest? They told me 'Hawaiian' I purchased that and promptly had the bag there and then!
I then shot back across town back to the hotel to trip like fuck! Yeah it was OK! However, since then I've had some memorable trips, I am of the Terence McKenna school of thought when it comes to psilocybin, if you ain't sure just ingest all of it and just strap in for the ride. My extremely loose band of acquaintances know that about me - Hence the name! Now you've got me going, I might go and raid my stash!
But seriously, Tripping ain't a joke thing, ya gotta be up high in your Temet Nosce! Trust me on that! Cos if you go in and find yourself then you ain't ever the same again, and neither is the world! So if feel that ignorance is bliss, or you think the world is great as it is, then take good advice, stay way from this Avenue!

Cos there's times when I have been out there and I'm thinking shit! "I'm never gonna come back!" You know, them kinda situations where you're saying "if I come out this, I ain't never doing this again!" And the funniest thing is you never do until you do! And trust me you do!
I love them ones the most, that dark inside, is one trippy place and the deeper you go the darker it gets, so way deep in there it's as trippy as fuck! One thing though about tripping and this is the truth, (So you might not like it) The biggest barrier to tripping and I mean proper gone for hours (Which is like years in there, think Inception,) is that your ego is gonna start acting up (that's probably why you are wary to try) and believe me it will do its best to prevent you from disassociating from it, cos that's what you really need to do - to properly trip!

Sorry for the waffle, but just wanted to give you a proper (unique) perspective, just like the one I never got, before taking that leap of faith!

Not saying;), Just saying:2c:, Without saying:\

:leaf: Pure Peace

Last edited:

lwien

I kinda get what you're saying, but psilocybin ain't really no joke, cos that stuff can hurt you, and hurt you badly if you kinda get in too deep! So I wouldn't use the term 'silly' per se!

Used to drop psychedelics almost every weekend back in the late 60's/early 70's. That's what we used to call it back then and for me, I will still use that term but like with almost all drugs, or anything else for that matter, getting in too deep is NOT a good thing. I leaned that lesson from my 'bouts with cocaine.

Trypsy Summers

Used to drop psychedelics almost every weekend back in the late 60's/early 70's. That's what we used to call it back then and for me, I will still use that term but like with almost all drugs, or anything else for that matter, getting in too deep is NOT a good thing. I leaned that lesson from my 'bouts with cocaine.
@Iwien, I wasn't having a go (I kinda got what you're saying) and I happen to fully agree with your point about getting in too deep! Fortunately, I have only used Cannabis (and Psilocybin, as my entheogen of choice) In terms of Cocaine, Heroin etc, ]I've not used those type of manufactured drugs - not unless, I was having tooth work or some medical op where an opiate was needed!

Nah my philosophy, is stay the fuck away from drugs!

For those at the back,
I do not consider Cannabis, Ayahuasca, Psilocybin, Salvia, DMT, Kratom, to name a few natural entheogens to be drugs in the sense of the term as its used. The aforementioned ain't even in the same universe as *the Crawler, and what about Tramadol and them other prescription drugs, you know the ones that kill you, and kill you real good!

Release the Kratom (from Schedule 1)

*the Crawler is the generic term which we use to describe the drug(s) that they give to those sad fucks who become so bloated and muddled up, and end up shuffling around real slow like zombies, kinda sad that! it really is!

Not saying:| Just saying:\ Without saying:2c:

Last edited:

Tranquility

For those at the back,
I do not consider Cannabis, Ayahuasca, Psilocybin, Salvia, DMT, Kratom, to name a few natural entheogens to be drugs in the sense of the term as its used. The aforementioned ain't even in the same universe as *the Crawler, and what about Tramadol and them other prescription drugs, you know the ones that kill you, and kill you real good!
I have to disagree. To me, they are drugs in any sense of the word. You can call them natural or unchanged from their source (Which may or may not be true.) or use some other descriptive words if you like, but I remember reading a book as a young man called "Chocolate to Morphine" which makes what I feel a good case that chocolate is a drug. Just like the substances you mentioned.

As to natural being better, there are any of a number of plants you could eat that can kill you.

Trypsy Summers

What sense is that? :shrug:

When the system use the term DRUGS,
I find that they have a way of labeling the dangerous ones -in a kind of "ah well yes, unfortunately it was one of those things, use with caution", kind of ways! I mean round here, there are certain tablets that are sold on the shelves, where you're restricted to the amount you can buy! You can't have more than two pack at a time cos they'll kill you. But yet still they use the term drug to describe them!
Whereas the things I use, the entheogens that cause no harm, are also termed 'drugs', but the emphasis is on fear, so these are indeed 'bad drugs, as according to them.

I guess big pharma likes to use trigger words to unfairly tag benign substances with extremely dangerous ones under the term drug! I mean the drugs that actually cause the most fatalities are in the main the legal ones, - doesn't that tell you something!

Ns:\ Js:| Ws:sherlock:

Trypsy Summers,

Trypsy Summers

If you have a problem with a moderator or a point you have received in the past, you are free to pm the moderator (or another) and discuss it. But public discussion of moderator actions is not allowed.
I have to disagree. To me, they are drugs in any sense of the word. You can call them natural or unchanged from their source (Which may or may not be true.) or use some other descriptive words if you like, but I remember reading a book as a young man called "Chocolate to Morphine" which makes what I feel a good case that chocolate is a drug. Just like the substances you mentioned.

As to natural being better, there are any of a number of plants you could eat that can kill you.

Of course plants can kill, you I think you've missed the point what I'm trying to make.

In that case, please accept my sincere and humble apology, I am extremely sorry to have been unable to articulate the point I was trying to make, more clearly, for you to understand to what I was alluding to! Sorry for any offence I have caused you and others like you who are understandably upset at my failure and omission!

Yeah I've got to be over the top apologetic cos I got some moderator hating the fuck outta me and breathing right down my neck threatening that if anyone complains then they're gonna fuck me up

So once again I'm very sorry

Trypsy Summers,

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

The theobromine in cacao has unique mild psychoactive properties, and it pairs great with cannabis.

lwien

Yeah I've got to be over the top apologetic cos I got some moderator hating the fuck outta me and breathing right down my neck threatening that if anyone complains then they're gonna fuck me up

So you've just broken another rule. No one's hating on you, especially the mods. They are just trying to keep this place as civil as its always been and imho, they are doing a great job of it.

Suggestion. You AND I, shouldn't be discussing mod decisions as it's against forum rules. Just a word to the wise.

I previously suggested that you edited a post because you would get a warning. You didn't do so and you got a warning. So now, I am strongly suggesting that you edit your post above for the same reasons as a second warning will get you banned for a bit. Would like to see you stick around so please take my suggestion. Over-apoligizing is NOT the answer for it's more of a passive aggressive stance than anything else.

Trypsy Summers

Thanks for warnings etc I genuinely wasn't aware that I was doing anything wrong, but in the event I'm going to disappear for month to allow things to settle down,

Sorry for upsetting the system, I will have a word with myself and try to be more DEMOCRATIC when I come back (from naughty step)

Take care

Catch you all up in month (19 Nov 2016)

Vitolo

Vaporist
Well, I guess pot does make me think better and more deeply. (I believe more deeply was what you all were aiming for)
It does not help me think better nor does it directly cause me to think more clearly.
It's euphoric effect makes me feel better in general, so my discomfort becomes less of a focus and I can think unhampered by negative moods produced by such discomfort.
The reduction of spasms, and euphoria also helps me to sit at a task a bit longer so in that way it makes me more productive.
Credits:
This post was brought to you by 3 Volcano bags of Blue Dream
This morning before medicating I looked at this thread's disintegration from the OP's question....
which was answered.
The deterioration to a discussion ... no actually a series of disagreements and hurt feelings , about drugs, and drug abuse, and proving one's point .... well, I don't need to say it you all read it.
Anyway I found it a bit disturbing.
I medicated , and came back and read the mood changes and the derailing and found it to be hilarious.
It made my thinking "better", because I found humor and light within intensity.
I thought more deeply... because I was able to focus on the OP's 1st post's meaning and how the entire discussion is posted under "Vaporizer Discussion" (ask FC), when the post likely should have been in
the "Vapor Lounge", as the question and all answers focused on points far askew from the act of vaporization.
I am forced therefore to alter my original comment:
It does not help me think better nor does it directly cause me to think more clearly.
to say that sometimes it does help me think better and more deeply and even more clearly.

Adobewan

With regular use vaporizing balances anxiety for many, which makes problem solving a much smoother, calmer process.

I see cannabis as an inhibitor for your mind’s inhibitors.
As mentioned, thoughts go deeper, because they’re less inhibited by natural concerns and fears, enabling free thinking.
Imagine a writer that has to write a sex scene or a brutal scene in a film. They can’t be haunted with the thoughts that their mother or child might see this, it could stifle their process to the point of debilitation.

And while it may not make you think better(or does it? Look at computer programmers. What about Sagan, Jobs, or Obama?), if it leads to more solution options, that’s a plus. It’s true, you will come up bad ones, just as you would without the cannabis, but having more, deeper options may lead to a solution.

I believe it can positively effect the depth and quality of our thought processes.

Last edited:

Tommy10

I like to think it makes me think better, but when you use it every day I don't really think it does much at all (sans a strict micro dose regiment)
If I wanna think deep something else grows from the ground also

stonedbob

100% THC
it give me the ability to dive in somthing, i can work on my 3d printer for 3-4 hours and then realize that i even forgot to drink...
when i vape before sleep, sometimes, i can go to other places of thinking, totally deep thinking. the problem is that im jumping from one thing to another and its hard to focus on things.
pot absolutely make me go deep inside my brain, but there are things that can do it better, but make me unfuntional for some hours... so pot is the combining between deep thinking and functionality for me...

darbarikanada

the 'profound revelations' people experience while high has been debated forever. there are legendary humorous anecdotes about people thinking they've had a nugget of insight while high and wrote it down, only to read it later and see that it was nothing special - or even ridiculous. OTOH, it's hard to find fault with all the great art that's been made under the influence.

one aspect of this that hasn't been brought up yet (I think) is the way in which weed requires cooperation on the part of the user; you have to kind of 'go along with it'. after all, if you're just 'high' - as opposed to having taken 2 giant bong hits of shatter - you can pretty much bring yourself down if necessary (e.g. have to drive a friend to the hospital); you could never do this with alcohol.

another bit of evidence for this is the fact that most people don't get high the first time they use - it's as if they have to learn how to be high.

perhaps the phenomenon of 'profound thoughts' is, at least in part, a function of some desire we already have in place - we're using the weed to do something we want to do anyway. holy men (sadhus) in India have used cannabis in the same way for ages - because that's what they're after too (presumably).

thought experiment: when scary/violent gang members get high, what are their 'deep thoughts' like?

Top Bottom