• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

does FC like "The Walking Dead" on AMC?

Do you watch "The Walking Dead" on AMC?

• Total voters

EveryDayAmnesiac

governoreyepatch.jpg

snakeplissken.png

avengers1415x415.jpg

truegritlooks5841292957.jpg

eyepatchgoonies20.jpg

willferrella.jpg

What is it about an eye patch that just makes a guy look badass? :lol:

EveryDayAmnesiac,
Reactions: Tweek

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
You can have one eye ready for darkness while one eye is ready for light. Not in the governors case but still.:brow:

I've been recording the Talking Dead right after it and it is entertaining as well. My whole family digs this show.

I always get happy and nerdy once the talking dead gets on. Chris is a cool dude, he appeared on craig ferguson a lot last year, and before TWD. You got to check out his celebrity bowling youtube series. Awesome casts play against the nerds.

Kirkman sucks D*** at bowling LOL

I'm not getting cliffhangered, I won't watch last Sunday's ep until the final episode airs this Sunday. I predict everyone will put their differences aside and really start to love one another. :ko:

mrboote,

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
This week is the last episode for a while. They only have 1 shot to keep you watching!
I will continue to watch as long as they make episodes.
I miss V, now that show shouldve kept going. Stupid ABC.

Live-N-Learn,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
This show better pick up soon. I am finding it pretty slow lately, and at this point, I could care less who gets wasted. :whoa:

For sure, they have one episode left and that tells me that I am going to be disappointed. And wtf is with not telling us a damn thing about what happened to Andrea? The last episode we see her just get caught by the governor and then the next episode is all about Merle...? I love how Merle only shot the governors henchmen that we were never introduce to, just nameless guys.. very stereotypical TV show move. Very poorly set up and written episode, and pretty pointless too.

this show has some real cohesion issues with the writing of the episodes. I hate to say it, but I also could care less what happens this next episode, because I know it will be incomplete and hardly answer the many open ended questions they have presented us with throughout this season.

And seriously... Tyrese.. another useless black character. So far there has been NO reason to introduce him in the show, well besides the fact that they killed their previous black character. They are messing things up pretty good it seems. :\

aesthyrian,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
that's funny guys...different strokes I guess because I think the last few episodes (Clear and this last one with Merle especially) have been brilliantly written and produced. Some of the best TV for me in a long time. I love this show and watch each episode about three times while vaping and crashing.

aesthyrian...you mean you're not gonna miss Ben (the guy who took the bullet for the Governor)? He was the punk who was able to read the zombie-gram.

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
i was just watching always sunny and saw part of the episode on TV, and i'm pretty sure that's Tyreese from TWD ha.. it's a shitty clip but the only on i saw.. from the season 6 episode called Dee gives birth if you want to see a clear clip hah

Buildozer,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Blew the crotch out them things. I always laugh at that shit. Always Sunny is probably my favorite comedy with Archer and Workaholics right behind it.

You gotta take em off, son!

Does Sunny have its own thread?

Deadshort480,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
Blew the crotch out them things. I always laugh at that shit. Always Sunny is probably my favorite comedy with Archer and Workaholics right behind it.

You gotta take em off, son!

Does Sunny have its own thread?
haa that was always my favorite part of that episode haha.. lol good idea... if there isn't there should be!:tup:

Buildozer,

Ripbongs420

vapiff
aesthyrian...you mean you're not gonna miss Ben (the guy who took the bullet for the Governor)? He was the punk who was able to read the zombie-gram.

Ben is Allen's son, they were the other half of Tyresse's group. He wasn't at the prison when Merle was sent to kill Michonne and they found the zombie-gram. He is not just a nameless guy though. I bet we see Allen do something stupid for revenge which results in a lot of dead Woodburyians. Allen was there at the set up too, so he saw his kid die and then had to leave his body due to a large group of walkers.

And seriously... Tyrese.. another useless black character. So far there has been NO reason to introduce him in the show, well besides the fact that they killed their previous black character. They are messing things up pretty good it seems. :\

Tyresse will not be a useless black character, that would enrage the comic readers. I'm sure his time is coming. Also, Michonne is also black and not useless in the least, Morgan wasn't useless and I think he will return.

EveryDayAmnesiac

GAWD... a season finale of The Walking Dead... and a season premiere of Game of Thrones... on the SAME NIGHT??!!! ... I must be in Nerdboy heaven.

So I made sure to stock up on ...
2954481263.jpg

Should be a fun night! I'll drink one for all you Walkers.... :D

Now, I wonder who is going to die...

EveryDayAmnesiac,
Reactions: Nbajunkie

EveryDayAmnesiac

i think andrea is done tonight...we'll see.

If she starts giving a "what does all this mean?" sort of speech, then she's for sure done! You can start to spot who is going to die when they have

1. Become slightly awkward to the story.
2. Begun waxing nostalgic and musing about themselves

Example - Merle. While him living at the prison had some great moments, you could tell it wasn't going to last. And when he said "I'm a mystery to me," I think just about every viewer could subconsciously see that his time on the show was up. I will miss Merle - you couldn't help but love hating him as well as love loving him! He had serious charisma. I hope he reappears in flashbacks.

That's something the show hasn't done much of. I want to see more of what happened when the zombie attacks first started!

And remember how awkward Dale had become? Remember his musings? And then... BAM! Poor guy.

So... we shall see! I rewatched all of season 3 over the weekend and you can definitely see a lot of planning went into shaping this season and to set a stage for next season. This show really works better if you watch it in large chunks. Although, I can't help but think this 16 ep season could have been squeezed into 13 eps.

Anyone think the Governor will die? Or is he too great a character to not have around?

EveryDayAmnesiac,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
I will miss Merle - you couldn't help but love hating him as well as love loving him!

Love him? Nope. never. I wanted Rick to just shoot him in the first episode haha Frankly, I wish they would have shown more of the beating the Governor gave him. I don't feel like Merle ever got what was fully coming to him.

aesthyrian,

EveryDayAmnesiac

Love him? Nope. never. I wanted Rick to just shoot him in the first episode haha Frankly, I wish they would have shown more of the beating the Governor gave him. I don't feel like Merle ever got what was fully coming to him.

Really? Huh. I found myself laughing at so many of his remarks that I started liking him.

I LOVE the moment when Andrea is getting all up in his face and he turns around and says, in that Merle way, "Whoa. No offense, lady, but you're gonna have to take a step back..."

Or when he's pulling the teeth out of the zombie and he's like "Whoa yeah! He's a real nasty one!"

Or how he always calls Darryl "Baby Brother."

"I take back everything I said about that jacket!" :lol:

I liked whenever he was around, I guess.

:shrug:

EDIT: And I don't mind that he beat up Glenn. Glenn annoys me.

EveryDayAmnesiac,

treeman

I thought Merle was a great character, he was one of my favorite characters for a bit. Don't get me wrong, I always thought he was a piece of shit but I really think he pulled it off in a comical manner. And I liked his brief turn to trying to do the right thing before he was killed. I was kinda' glad that he got bitten instead of massively tortured in Woodbury, definitely the better way to go IMO.

The second half of this season has been a big dissapointment to me so far, most of the last episodes I find i get 3/4's of the way through it and it feels like nothing significant has happened. That in itself doesn't overly bother me but add in the fact that there's barely been that much action or awesome headshots leaves me feeling that this show should have been better. Frankly I thought the last 3 episodes of the season were going to be absolute madness, now they only have one left to really pull it out of the hat.

That said, I don't the Governer is going to die and if that's the case season 4 could be in for some serious mayhem. Looking forward to seeing what goes down in the last episode but I don't think the 45 minutes is enough for it to be overly significant at this point, we'll see.

EveryDayAmnesiac

The second half of this season has been a big dissapointment to me so far, most of the last episodes I find i get 3/4's of the way through it and it feels like nothing significant has happened. That in itself doesn't overly bother me but add in the fact that there's barely been that much action or awesome headshots leaves me feeling that this show should have been better. Frankly I thought the last 3 episodes of the season were going to be absolute madness, now they only have one left to really pull it out of the hat.

After viewing all the episodes again, it does seem like the story got a little lost the past three episodes. Again, to me, it seems like they tried to make a 13 ep season into a 16 ep one. But I think it will pay off next season. Also, there have been some GREAT moments. Such as Merle The Zombie, or Andrea's showdown with the Governor in the abandoned building. The talk between the Governor and Rick. Awesome!

So, give and take, I guess. I have to remind myself that this show has given me hours and hours of entertainment for free! Gotta give and take sometimes. :tup:

EveryDayAmnesiac,
Reactions: treeman

EveryDayAmnesiac

How are they going to solve The Great Zombie Riddle without Milton?

Can't say I'm too happy about this decision. I'd grown quite fond of Milton, and thought his Woodbury experiments were just the beginning.

:(

And the Governor slaughtering almost all his own people out of ... Annoyance? Frustration? Ashamedness at his own ineptitude?

Didn't see that one coming. But he lives to fight another day...

Sticks definitely saw one death coming though! Makes me wonder about that guy... :tinfoil:

EveryDayAmnesiac,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Just some thoughts on tonight's episode.....

Why can't anyone except The Governor and Carl aim a gun and hit a target?

If he would stop pouting, Carl has a chance to become my favorite character.

Are Martinez and the other fella completely retarded? Just flick that trigger finger!

Thanks to the writers for the almost end of the episode, it was about damn time!

Why does Darryl look more and more like Justin Bieber?

Um, horrible ending. Give me something to actually make me want to watch again in October. No cliff hanger, no drama, no nothing! Am I, as the viewer, supposed to be worried about The Gov and two guys when the whole town couldn't accomplish more than blowing up a few watchtowers? Fucking horrible ending.

Deadshort480,
Reactions: aesthyrian

Nbajunkie

Someones always watching..
Kinda dissapointed with this episode.I appreciate how unpredictable it is but the show goes back and forth. Is Rick this leader trying to save some sense of morality in this crazy fucked up world.? Or is this still a Ricktatorship?.I can appreciate how the characters were developed this season and we as viewers got a more in depth sense of what living" in zombie land is like.But at the end of the day they're back to not knowing where to go at square one .With a bus load. Wasn't Carl 2 seconds away from eating dog food at the beginning of the season? This ending seems unreasonable. It was an uneven season . And Tyrese is still a mad lib waiting for a good line,like Michonne was for much of the season. .where are they going with this!?

Nbajunkie,

EveryDayAmnesiac

I have to say I did enjoy the season finale overall. I like that this show is really taking its time, even if it may seem lost at times. I think it has A LOT of story to tell and what's the rush? Seriously, what's the rush? I enjoy just being in its universe. And I like a show that takes its time. What if Breaking Bad rushed through its story and you didn't get to appreciate Walt's transformation? What if Mad Men rushed through its story and you didn't get to appreciate Draper's growth? I really think this is a situation where its producers are playing chess at a time when most shows are playing checkers. When I think of the CRAP you see on TV, the stupid cookie-cutter cop dramas or spy dramas or hospital dramas (blech!) where it's nothing but a series of "clever" quips, gruesome and pointless murders, and pretty people struggling to memorize their lines, and there's so much "action" that your mind just becomes numb... I still find Walking Dead to be a breath of much needed fresh air...

Having said that, I was hoping for a little more "action" in the season finale...I mean, the season 2 finale was HUGE and I was hoping for that again... it seemed like the right time. But that kind of stuff does start to get repetitive, and I think degrades the quality of the show overall. What makes this show so special is because it does not follow ANY sort of normal pattern. "You never know what you're going to get." And there aren't many shows on TV you can say that about. Most shows, you can watch the first two minutes and know exactly what's going to happen except for whatever modernized rejoinders the characters are going to spew out.

In fact, I remember getting almost bored in the first half of this latest season because there was SO MUCH zombie killing... it started getting kind of repetitive. I think the show is most enjoyable when there's the THREAT of danger, the idea of it... if they succumb to being just an "action" show I would probably stop watching. I prefer the existential waffling and lamenting...

Now, of course there is a happy medium, and I think they often found it this season, but sometimes did not. I really think if you go back and watch the whole season in 3-4 chunks, you'll see a (mostly) well thought-out story arc. Did it slip up at times? Absolutely. But I know I'm still thankful it's on the air...

And thank goodness I have Game of Thrones and Mad Men to keep me company in it stead... with Breaking Bad waiting in the wings!

And yes, I would be fearing the Governor, if I were they. This is a guy who SLAUGHTERED his own people. He will obviously stop at nothing to get his revenge, and they will ALWAYS have to wonder about him. Where is he? Is he watching them, tracking them? What's he planning? What's he up to? Building an army? He is going to be the show's bogeyman now. And if you thought he was obsessed before... what's he going to be like now? Not much more dangerous than a psychopathic man who's been humiliated... 'cept for a wounded mosquito! :lol:

Not trying to be a dick or anything! Would love to know what else you guys and gals think!

ps. Wish the crew had let walkers loose ALL OVER in the prison to get the Governor and Co. when they barged in... the ol' switcheroo! That's what I was thinking...

EDIT: I also like that the show ended with a little hope. Maybe the group is not "the walking dead" anymore?

But why the final shot of a crooked cross?

Top Bottom