• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

does FC like "The Walking Dead" on AMC?

Do you watch "The Walking Dead" on AMC?

• Total voters

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
*SPOILER ALERT*
Favorite part of the episode was the retreat by the Govna. He mowed down those woodbury folk like cattle. My man was just frustrated and didnt know what else to do. Glad he didnt kill the top goons, I'm sure season 4 will have them driving making a revenge plot.

As for the prison with Rick. Daryl is the man and needs an expanded role, and Rick had me annoyed with his visions of his wife, glad he didnt see the illusion of her at the end. As for the old folks, I hope they die asap, unless they are going for the bigger group, like a woodburyesque type thing for Ricks folk.

Definitely not the way I thought it would end. I actually am starting to like Carl, after many episodes of wanting him to die. Lil Shane aka Govna Jr.... Will Rick kill Carl? Im ready for season 4

Ripbongs420

vapiff
I've also heard that the title The Walking Dead is in reference to the living people and not the dead ones. I dint know where it originated from though.

I thought you said you read the comics? If you have then you should know. :hmm:
Refresher (spoiler): http://cdn3.whatculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/682517-the_walking_dead___22___23_super.jpg

n this show, they deliberately do not venture into the character's pasts because their pasts do not matter.

:uhh:

Their past's definitely do matter. Just because of an apocalypse doesn't mean you forget who you were. Andrew Lincoln (actor who plays Rick) said he felt one of the reasons Rick made the decision to bring the remaining Woodburians back because he felt as a sheriff it was his duty to do. You can see tons of decisions and actions made by Rick clearly because he was a former Sheriff. Like how he handled Andrea's first return, anyone ever arrested knows that the way he treated Andrea was very realistic.

Daryl was abused as a child and definitely still greatly affects him and his decisions. Merle was affected by his past actions, especially abandoning his little brother. Carol had an abusive husband which also definitely affects her. Michonne talked to her dead boyfriend, and insinuated her pet walkers were horrible people in her past life. Andrea's past life as a attorney surely affecter her decisions, though often poor. Philip's (governor) unfruitful past and lost wife had huge influence on who he became. Hershel was and still is very religious. Morgan couldn't kill his wife because of his past love for her which concluded with his son's death. I could go on.

These people's past means A LOT. :2c:

EveryDayAmnesiac

I admit, my comparison was weak, but ... is a normal guy becoming a meth king really that much different from a normal people becoming survivors of a zombie apocalypse? .

I know that sarcasm is very hard to pick up in written word so I have to ask if you're serious.

:lol:

I should have added "as far as the importance of character history goes?"

I just think that it's important and interesting to see the character transformations of the survivors, pre and post-apocalypse, and what it's taken them to survive, just like I think it's interesting and important to see the transformation of Walt after his own pre and post apocalypse.

But, at that point, I was already :horse:

So, at this point, I'm actually :horse: :horse:

But that's all I was saying.

Good discussion! I enjoyed it greatly. Hopefully we brought up some new ideas for people to mull over while they're vaked.... instead of thinking of something useful! :ko:

:peace:

EDIT: TYPOS

EveryDayAmnesiac,
Reactions: Buildozer

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
I did read and continue to read the comics. Please excuse my forgetting of a single panel of artwork in one of them. As I said, I remember reading an interview where it was stated that the title refers to the living people.

As far as these people's pasts go. Yes, your past helps define who you are, but the decisions you make now define who you will be. That is the concentration of the story. Who these people were and what they did in their former lives has very little to do with who and what they are becoming by their present decisions and actions. Yeah, Rick used to be a Sherrif. Used to be. This is the same man who killed those men in the bar. A Sherrif would have tried to diffuse the situation, but Sherrif's don't matter anymore so Rick did what he had to do. Why do you think he never wears the badge and hat anymore. I think that Darryl let go of his past in the way he killed his brother. He could have put a bolt through his eye, but he let out all that aggression. Carol has become a stronger woman than she was when she was an abused wife. Herschel will always have religion, but Herschel would not hesitate to kill a man who threatens his family. At one point he wouldn't even kill Walkers. These people are evolving to adapt to the situation at hand. Who they were is becoming less and less important, but who they are becoming is paramount.

Ripbongs420

vapiff
I did read and continue to read the comics. Please excuse my forgetting of a single panel of artwork in one of them.

It was a rather important and defining moment in the series. Enough for it to be a two page spread. Sorry if I came off as a dick, I just don't know how that could be forgotten. He also says it on the following page. http://i1039.photobucket.com/albums/a478/milo420/Screenshot2013-04-02at44543PM.png

I agree that the comics/show is about who they become, but who they were definitely does matter and are very important in the shaping of their transformation.

Ripbongs420,

Deadshort480

Obviously, it wasn't forgotten completely. I just remember it more clearly from the interview and explanation than Rick saying it in two of the over 100 comics in the series. Questioning whether or not I actually read the comics? Would you like me to post some pictures of some storyline panels as well? Why would I lie about reading the comics?

We'll agree to disagree on the importance of the characters' pasts. If you can convince me how Michonne being a lawyer in her past has any pertinence to who she is now, I'm all ears.

Deadshort480,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Hey guys...my wife and I want to get started on reading the novels, but we are lost. Where do we start?

stickstones,

Deadshort480

At the beginning of course! Unless you want to get crazy with collecting all the old individual comics there are other options. You can buy the large Compendiums. They are two books each with 48 of the comics in them. It is the least expensive and eadiest way to catch up. They sell hard book editions that contain a number of comics in each one. The number of comics in each escapes me, apologies. I wsnt to say that there are 12 comics in each one. I believe there is also a soft cover edition the same as the hard cover.

Any way you go about it, the collections are not completely caught up. You would have to buy a certain amount of individual comics to be completely caught up, unless you want to wait for another Compendium or collection. At that point, more individual comics will have been released.

Deadshort480,

Ripbongs420

vapiff
Questioning whether or not I actually read the comics?

No, I'm not saying that. It just was a crucial moment to me. I feel its just surprising, thats all.

We'll agree to disagree on the importance of the characters' pasts. If you can convince me how Michonne being a lawyer in her past has any pertinence to who she is now, I'm all ears.

Michonne formerly being a lawyer may give her her ability to see through people's disguises. She does a good job at seeing things others don't and not falling for other people's bullshit. :shrug:

Ripbongs420,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
ALLS IM SAYIN IS THIS THREAD HAS GOTS SOME PERSONALITIES!!:rofl:

Good because if you weren't...well...you'd have a THE BEST show to occupy you for a week or two!

ps: I actually love both shows, although I feel the walking dead season 1 is what this show could've been. I mean seriously go back watch ANY season 1 episode. Then try to watch anything that airs today. HUGE difference in writing (did anything happen?)

Yes, they fired their previous writers, one had a big vision in mind to do an episode that showed how Atlanta and the military fell, leading back to that infected soldier in the tank. 3:45 into this video and you can see what I'm talking about. But then a bunch of witers got fired and they settled for a cheap ass computer image of Atlanta being napalmed. After they they also doubled the number of episodes per season, while also cutting the budget. So more episodes, smaller, budget, and new directionless writers. I really do wonder how amazing of a show this could have been. This article mention them freelancing writing of the episodes, which to me sounds cheap as fuck and explains the lack of continuity from episodes to episodes. Its exactly how it feels, many groups of different writers, all writing different episodes with no communication or working together. Seems every seasons they fire more writers... I don't get it. Look at Breaking Bad and how good that writing is, very consistent and well put together. Their is no reason AMC can't have the same with The Walking Dead if they fixed some shit.

*Spoiler*
-----------------------------------------------------------------

...well at least Andrea is finally dead. That almost made it a worthy finale. :cool: But seriously what a shitty episode. And the way they just had the governor kill all his troops.. cheap writing to force an ending that you hadn't written yet. That one scene made me feel so ripped off after watching 6 episodes of build up to a "war" that ended the second Maggie and Glen fired their guns. Seemed so pointless, all of it. And now we are supposed to still care about the Governor? Yeah, right... lets move on already.

Nbajunkie

Someones always watching..
My favorite part of the season finale is when Carl drops his dads badge at his feet..I was shouting at the tv"get your balls back dad!":lol: ALA The ballad of Ricky bobby

Nbajunkie,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
At the beginning of course!

I thought the same thing. then the lady went to see what was available on the ipad and couldn't tell which one to get. none of them say book #1 and there was one package of them for $40. we want the books, not comics at this point. Which book is the beginning?

stickstones,

Deadshort480

There are the two compendiums numbered 1 & 2. There are also numbered volumes. Volume 1 is called Days Gone By. The comics are just numbered. The Compendiums are the best way to go. 48 individual comics in each one for about 40 bucks apiece.

This should help.
http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Volume

Deadshort480,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Thanks deadshort...that link helps!

So, are there graphic novels as well, or is it just collections of comic books?

stickstones,

Ripbongs420

vapiff
i must sound like an idiot!

Ah sticks dont feel too bad. There are two books as well ;) . "Rise of the Governor" which came out June last year and "The Road to Woodbury" set to be released June 4th. But IMHO you must read the comics first before you read the book(s).

I obviously know your a mod and have much authority, so I might be stepping on thin ice, but I could PM you a link to get the comics for free. That is if you're a pirate. If not, please ignore that last statement. It really is worth the money anyhow.

Ripbongs420,
Top Bottom