Do you like coffee?

FukCombustion

I drink at least one cup of black coffee every day. I used to drink with cream and sugar, but once you try and get used to black coffee, you'll appreciate coffee so much more! In my opinion, cream and sugar just mask the taste of good coffee. I'm drinking Seattle's Best extra dark blend right now, I believe. I use a good drip coffee maker, although I do realize there are better ways to brew it. I'm going to look into the Aeropress though, thanks for the heads up! :cool:

Seattle's Best? smh. http://www.portorico.com/store/coffee.html

I feel you on the cream and sugar. Great coffee requires no such adulterants...unless it's bad coffee, in which case I use a little bit of cream.

I've been privileged to drink Porto Rico Imp. at my neighbor's house from time to time. They truly do sell good coffee that is worth the time and effort of ordering online.

Stay high.

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
263kntj.jpg

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I occasionally scan the email I get from the Organic Consumer's Union, and today there was a blurb about these guys & their coffee: Dean's Beans

About the time I got to the part where I found out that part of the reason they exist is because they are trying to live kosher ... well, ... I ordered 5 lbs of coffee.

:)

Chrisbkreme

I love coffee. I am in college so I tend to get dunkin donuts, because although it's expensive, it's much better than anything at the dining hall, and is quicker than trying to make it everyday. Recently I have given up caffeine, which was very unpleasant, but I am 7 days into it. I was drinking too much coffee on top of taking pre workout, I have cut off both to fix my tolerance levels and sleep habits haha. I am very interested in OPs aeros press though, I had been looking into cold brew coffee, but this looks cool as well.

grokit

well-worn member
I've tried a few of those ^, just noticed the vienna and the melange are the same thing.
The cubano was my go-to for a few years, never knew what it was called...
It also looks like I've never had an authentic turkish or irish coffee, I'll have to correct this!
I would like to try an eiskaffee sometime:cool: Evidently the galao is just a weak latte.
There's quite a few other interesting concoctions on that list.

sAuQBhr.jpg

:tup:

blankrider

I don't drink coffee or tea. I can't stand the taste!

Oddly enough I have been working in the university coffee shop which serves Starbucks Coffee and now I am somewhat of a barista.

I serve people paninis and expensive coffee drinks all day long both hot and cold with only 1 other employee working at a time. They didn't even really train me all I have is a note card with some of the drink ingredients. No ratios or details though.

For the first couple weeks I was lost. Coffee is like a different language. Tall, Grande, venti, whole, skim, soy, blonde, breakfast, french, light, dark, espresso, mocha, macchiato, cappuccino, and all that other stuff! I had to figure out how to make everything correctly on my own without even drinking it because it all taste awful to me.

So now I can make pretty good drinks pretty quickly but still can't enjoy them. Except for the camel apple cider, that is not bad

lazylathe

Almost there...
No coffee here!
Never been a fan of the taste or the effect it has on me.
It is like drinking a few cans of Red Bull. I don't sleep for days!!

Prefer a good tea!

lazylathe,
Reactions: Snappo

grokit

well-worn member
Six Newly Discovered Genetic Variants Help Explain Coffee Habits

coffee%20genes.jpg

Whether it’s taken black, with milk and sugar, or served over ice, the United States spends about $40 billion every year on coffee. About 54% of all American adults drink coffee every day, averaging 3 cups daily. This caffeine-guzzling has led to the discovery of six new genetic variants that help explain the effect of coffee on the human body, and could explain why caffeine affects people differently. The research was led by Marilyn Cornelis of Harvard University and the results were published in the journal Molecular Psychiatry...
http://www.iflscience.com/health-an...d-genetic-variants-help-explain-coffee-habits

lwien

Yum. I like Chai tea too.

But I was raised on coffee. Mom used to serve it up for breakfast as far back as I can remember. I also remember that used a percolator. Tasted like shit but I drank it anyway.

Radio

stay true to yourselves
Almond milk latte with hazelnut flavor is nice if I am in the mood for a stimulant (which isn't often!)
Or once every few months I might indulge in just a short black, 2 brown sugars and a cigarette.. Rare occasion!

I love the smell of fresh coffee beans, hmmm. Being italian, I grew up around this smell!

Top Bottom