1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you like coffee?

Discussion in 'The Vapor Lounge' started by weedemon, Jul 24, 2013.

1. grampa_herb

grampa_herb CO2 oil bigot

I surely hope so too. Those Depends keep going up in price! :rant:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    ataxian and Squiby like this.
  2. Silver420Surfer

Silver420Surfer Well-Known Member

Wish I liked coffee. Some of these presses and machines you guys are showing off look pretty damn cool.

duff and Squiby like this.
  3. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

The Aeropress has been my daily driver for over 10 years now. Before that, it was the French Press but for single cup brewing, imho, nothing beats the AP, and on top of that, it's cheap.

Chicken #420, ataxian and Squiby like this.
  4. grampa_herb

Got mine in the other day. Yes, it is a definite upgrade to my French press. Taste is smoother and my system can process it better. With my newly acquired Vaporesso Veco Solo in one hand and the Aeropress in the other, I feel I can finally walk the land, fearing no evil at last.

Adobewan, Chicken #420, lwien and 2 others like this.
  5. Jimmyweaese

Jimmyweaese Well-Known Member

How was the Colombian gold?????????. What I wouldn' do to have that again

ataxian likes this.
  6. Jimmyweaese

Anybody use te Handground manual coffee grinder???. Affordable and looks high quality and looks ergonomically correct.

ataxian likes this.
  7. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

I use to use a GERMAN MADE KRUPS in FRANCE.

I went through a couple here in CALIFORNIA.

My wife from FRANCE bought one called a CUISINART that makes really strong ESPRESSO.

ESPRESSO then CANNABIS to start the day!

8. Helios

Helios Well-Known Member

I use a French press normally or brew a Turkish style pot, I like the taste and smell of fresh ground coffee what's with the cold brew craze? I'm very curious about those Aeropress units as well.

ataxian and StickyShisha like this.
  9. grampa_herb

@macbill, @lwien, Squiby, @StickyShisha & other Aeropress-heads,

Paper or metal filters for the Aeropress? Tried the metal this morning but the brew slips through so fast I poured too much water.

ataxian and Squiby like this.
  10. macbill

macbill Gregarious Misanthrope

@grampa_herb I now use paper, but i have used metal, too. I invert the AeroPress. Place the plunger in tube just so that it stays there. Now invert it. I use 24 grams of freshly gound dark roasted bean. Put grounds in tube. Pour water in. I stir with a chopstick. I steep for 4 minutes. Stir again. Cap it. Then in one fell swoop, I turn it over right onto my mug and plunge. I add hot water, and to me, it mimics the taste of an Americano, which is a shot of espresso and hot water

Click to play YouTube Video
    s

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  11. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

I use both. When I want a smoother brew, I use paper. When I want a bit more of bite, I use metal. The metal filter gets you a bit closer to a French Press brew.

grampa_herb, ataxian and macbill like this.
  12. Squiby

Squiby Well-Known Member

I only use the metal filter. If I'm not mistaken my metal filter is the fine one. There are several to choose from. It makes a great cup of coffee.

https://www.amazon.ca/Able-Brewing-...=1519589041&sr=8-13&keywords=Aeropress+filter

https://www.amazon.ca/ALTURA-Ultra-...&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=Aeropress+filter&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/Able-Brewing-...&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=Aeropress+filter&psc=1

13. grokit

grokit well-worn member

Me too :tup:

Cold-brewed coffee is a slow drip process with cold water (duh), which makes a liquid concentrate that you add hot water to. The difference is its low acidity, which also imparts a different taste to it.

Aeropresses are a great way to make full-bodied espresso for minimal expense, without having to buy a machine. They're also great for travel, and camping situations because you supply the pumping power. I've noticed that I need to get a new one, because mine is so old that it's the 'bpa-included' model :\

:myday:

Helios, grampa_herb, ataxian and 2 others like this.
  14. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

Look inside the tube. If it looks like this, Aeropress will it replace free of charge. This scratching is called "crazing". If you have it, let 'em know.
    [​IMG]

grokit, grampa_herb, Squiby and 2 others like this.
  15. macbill

16. Jimmyweaese

Got a aeropress. Haven't used it much. Make good coffee.

macbill, Helios and ataxian like this.
  17. ataxian

ataxian PALE BLUE DOT

[​IMG]
    ESPRESSO is da 1st thing when I wake up.
    2nd is CANNABIS!

LIFE without COFFEE is UNCIVILIZED

florduh, grampa_herb, macbill and 2 others like this.
  18. macbill

My last day in Cabo. Sad. I have to pack up my coffee kit. AeroPress, electric kettle, chopstick, grinder(chopper). Costco in Mexico? Civilized!
    [​IMG]

19. ghostofcyberx13

ghostofcyberx13 And That Ain't No Joke, You Can Disappear In Smoke

Well this is a great thread. I like coffee and I've been drinking it for over fifty years. Right now I'm going to purchase a MR. COFFEE CAFE BARISTA EXPRESSO & CAPPUCCINO system for $147 from Amazon. It's very well reviewed with 4 Star rating with 2200 reviews.

Anyway I'm not very picky about a whole lot pertaining to coffee except I have to have half and half and and some sugar. My current auto-drip is maybe 7 years old and still works but it seems it may be on it's last legs. I drink coffee from morning to mid afternoon and I drink it from a real nice vacuum thermos(16oz) because I like my coffee hot just like I like my beer cold and your darn tootin' I'll microwave if need be. Heck I'm going microwave half my thermos from yesterday in a PYREX with handle. I drink maybe 10-13 ounces a day.

I know I like "Americanos", Cappuccinos, and Lattes and I thought hey I'm retired and thought I'd try the "Coffee High-Life" before I leave Planet Earth. It should be a lot of fun experimenting. Sayonara.

20. grokit

grokit well-worn member

It's not all about reviews. I've been using this one and it has 1500 watts to the mr. coffee's 1,040. They both offer 15 bars of pressure, so the espressione gets there about 30% faster. Not as many bells and whistles though. Its advantage is its ability to use ese pods, which are royalty-free and highly convenient, individually wrapped & always fresh. The ones I use are also fair trade and organic. I really like them anyways.

I'm sure you'll be happy either way, just wanted to show you an even cheaper option :tup:

Squiby, macbill and ghostofcyberx13 like this.
  21. ghostofcyberx13

Thanks for your input. I checked out "This One" and it sure is beautiful. It doesn't seem to have the "Whole Nine Yards" as the Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista does and I wanted a large spectrum for my new experiments in the coffee world. I will say this your coffee maker is certainly built like a "Brick-Shit-House", really good looking as well.

I bought a couple double insolated glass coffee glasses 11 ounces for the new type drinks, but I still have my "CHUCKY"(Coach Gruden) RAIDERS MUG for when I drink regular coffee. Sayonara.

szai, grokit and Squiby like this.
  22. ghostofcyberx13

Well I changed my mind and I bought a Delonghi Dedica Deluxe 15 Bar Pump. It seems very well made and makes Expressos, Americanos, Lattes, and Cappuccinos. It cost $300.00 with tax(Calif. Mafia). I spent another $60.00 on accessories like double-sided expresso glasses(2.7 oz, 7oz, 11oz) a temp gage, a tapper and a metal frothing mini pitcher. I will get it all on Monday and will let everyone know how things go. Let the caffeine experiments begin(Villanous, hysterical laughter). Sayonara.

szai likes this.
  23. szai

szai Well-Known Member

Nice looking machine! I went lazy and got a De'Longhi America EN750MB Nespresso Lattissima Pro a few years ago. I used to use my aeropress a lot. I got a pretty good deal on the Nespresso machine and I like a lot though I haven't been using it as much. I feel like getting back into coffee though, such a good combo with weed.

Squiby and ghostofcyberx13 like this.
  24. ghostofcyberx13

Well as for me weed got easier with cartridges, but coffee is gonna be complicated since I'm going from auto-drip regular coffee to expresso/latte/cappuccino. I think I got a good expresso/latte/cappuccino machine but only time will tell. Can't wait for this coming Monday. Sayonara.

25. grokit

grokit well-worn member

De'Longhi machines should all be able to use the ese pods if you're interested, great job guys :tup:

ghostofcyberx13 likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors