Do you cough still when vaping vs when you combusted?

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
When I first got my lsv, I remember loading the EPA adapter real full, turning it up pretty high and ripping it through a 2 perc bong, and boy howdy did I cough.

The thing is, unless the vapor is needlessly hot, I don't usually cough anymore. I've grown immune

Diggy Smalls,

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
I got a toasty top w/ a heat island guts and it made me cough something fierce the other day. Just a few deep hard coughs...man I do love it when it tickles my lungs! That's a heavy hit!

Baron23

Depends on the vape for me to a large extent. I love my Volcano but for some reason the bag vapor is harsh on my throat and lungs if extracted at any higher temp (ehhh...maybe 390 to 410). Even when I use a GonG to connect the bag to a water tool.

Grasshopper...nope. Flowermate....not really. Vapcap....nope again, not the same level of irritation.

But I'm still not selling my Volcano...just too dang reliable an extractor.

BLACKENEDPLAGUE

Sub ohm tanks (uwell crown) Makes me cough like hell, but RDAs make me cough rarely. RDAs are more fun but sub ohm tanks are more convenient

as for herb, everything makes me cough, save for vaporizers and intelligent bong rips

Squiby

I agree with @Baron23. It does seem to depend on the vape. I am an asthmatic and my lungs are quite sensitive. I have coughed while using both my Lotus and my Vapman, but I have NEVER coughed while using my Vapcap.

Squiby,

hinglemccringleberry

If the hit is big enough, yes I will cough from vapor. I almost never cross that threshold these days though, there's no need to in order for me to get majorly baked. The beautiful thing about vaping is even if I overhit and cough, I don't get that awful burning throat irritation for 30 minutes that always used to come after a monster combustion hit.

hinglemccringleberry,
Reactions: His_Highness

machine.screw

I cough just as hard when I vape as I did when I smoked from a pipe. and I smoke cigarettes too. The only way I wouldn't is if I took slower draws and shorter draws at lower temp. (I have to stop smoking:worms:). Wispy vaper shouldn't make you cough. :myday:

machine.screw,

Squiby

I cough just as hard when I vape as I did when I smoked from a pipe.

Have you considered changing your toking technique?

Vapes that require a steady vapor draw directly into my lungs causes me to cough. However, if your vape has a carb and you have the ability to restrict the airflow, you can change your drawing technique.

With the carb closed, mouth pull the vapor into your mouth before breathing in fresh air and inhaling and drawing the vapor into your lungs, much like you would puff on a cigarette.

Mouth pulling the vapor has made a big difference for me. This is much less harsh on the lungs.

latulipe999

Hello Fc's addicts.

I've fuck the combustion since one year and a half.

You know that the flowers that we all love , are expectorant ?

I cough hard and i love that ! :ko:

lazylathe

Almost there...
Depends on which vape i use.
Some seem to produce massively smooth hits while others are throat searing, lung busters!
They each have their place and time for use though.
If i have some bud that is super potent, i head over to the lung buster section and end up coughing up a lung!
It's worth it because i get super medicated this way for many hours.
Same bud in a different vape produces different effects.

If you are going to cough, might as well make it worth it!

55429640_zpsvzcnhcce.jpg

CharSadehBeast

My original Pax would make me cough but nothing like smoking a J. I have a Solo Air now which produces smaller clouds (prefer the lowest heat setting) so very rarely do I cough

Rebelistic

Hello Fc's addicts.

I've fuck the combustion since one year and a half.

You know that the flowers that we all love , are expectorant ?

I cough hard and i love that ! :ko:

I think this is it. Possibly smoke coats the airways in soot (or something) that prevents them from noticing more irritants whereas our airways are quite clean (we hope) so are more easily irritated by vapor.

I think there's nothing wrong with a lil cough during a vaping session so long as it doesn't cause harm or discomfort. Could it possibly be good for you?

Tommy10

Mi with the short stem will get me really going towards the end of the load, sometimes it gets too much and uncomfortable but unless that point I enjoy it.

Tommy10,

chris 71

At work the other day, i start coughing like crazy a tickle and itch musta coughed for like 5 mins straight to the point i start wondering wtf , is something wrong with me or what ? I do drywall lots of dust . my lungs even had a scary rattling sound going on . anyway after the coughing fit i relize what it was . the other guy im working with turned on a powerfull fan in another room it was on the floor and kicking up all kinds of dust concrete and drywall dust and a bit of rocsol insulation to just to make it even nicer lol .

Heres the thing the other guy , not even one cough at the time . even though this guy is a heavy smoker and he does cough a LOT ! sounds real bad actully like old smoker cough , you know the kind . the wet slaping sound that says oh ya a smoker through and through lol .

So anyway i start wondering what the heck is going on here , and i have noticed similar reaction to dust at work that i never had or not as bad at least when i just smoked .
I think what is going on is that his lungs are wetter then mine which may even be a helpfull thing in the constant dusty environment of a drywaller . maybe even better to have some tar in there to help collect all that dry irratating crap and hack it out were as my lungs feel so dry from vaping that these particals are irratating as shit . and may get stuck in my dryer lung environmental from vaping then if they were a little wetter from tar and mucus from smoking

chris 71,

WeAreVenom

I vote for marijuana
I only cough at temperatures at high temperatures such as 415 and above.

But at 350-395 I barely cough, if it all. Only if I take gargantuan hits from the whip/bag.

Chocu1a

Coughing is the reason I switched to vaping. I had developed a slight persistent cough every time I smoked. I did some research & decided to give vaping a try. Made the switch & cough went away. I vape at lower temps & try not to take crazy big hits. So far, so good. No more coughing of any kind.

cobra505

Defined
Yup, total catch 22 for me. I vape at a lower temp, don't get as high. Vape at a higher temp, get higher, cough my ass off, can't win! I usually keep some water beside me and right after taking a toke take a sip even if I think I need it or not, it helps, try it.

EverythingsHazy

I never was a smoker, but coughing with vapor is normal to me. Mainly the first hits of the day/session. There's no lasting cough that would cause me any concern, though. It's strictly from the tickle of the vapor and the expectorant effects of the chemicals. My lungs are perfectly fine, to my knowledge (according to my last physical

EverythingsHazy,

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
I do find I cough less with vaping although if going for a longer then needed hawl or if vape is hot or high temps, I can get a cough and tickle which reminds of combustion. The difference to me over coughing is that my air ways are much more clearer after a session... No spittoon required :p

stonedbob

100% THC
i've fucked combustion almost year ago, and still coughing when taking large hits... im wetting my throat before, and it helps, but i cant get the cough away. and i dont mind it, because unlike cumustion, coughing from vapour is easier to handle... you can breath fresh air :)
anyway, when i give my friends to vape they cough like hell and they are smokers...

stonedbob,

Striped121

Never coughed when I smoked. I cough all the time when I vape but like it's already been said it's just a throat tickle and not a nasty lung burning cough from smoking. Vaped some red seal resin today and it was so smooth, never coughed once with big clouds.

Edit: when I say I never coughed as a smoker I meant while smoking of course. Used to cough my ring up in the mornings.

Last edited:

EmDeemo

ACCOUNT INACTIVE
Its always made me cough unless I temp step slightly, vape off the lower temps first, get the thc out the way. If I start at a high temp (especially with the volcano or daisy that i had), i will cough and cough and cough and cough.

Ive found dabbing at low temps is best as I can get the same amount of hit with way less vapour. Ive also finally found two vapes that DONT make me cough very much even if I start at high temps : the Ti vapcap, and Pipes Project atomizer. And both thru water is a real dream.

My lungs are finally not having breathing problems in the morning. Coughing so much less than I used to. Although with the volcano, I had great results with a cotton filter making hits smoother. But it was still too much faff.

EDIT: I've also found that a lot of my coughing is due to my lungs getting irritated and then starting to cough, causing more coughing. A lot of times if I power through that urge to cough, it passes. I still then get a delayed little cough, maybe clearing a little mucus but it means my lungs dont enter coughing spasm mode. This has been a great help in not letting a cough turn into an asthma attack.

Last edited:
Top Bottom