Do you cough still when vaping vs when you combusted?

strictly vapor

I cough a lot less with vaping than I used to while smoking. I think when you are habituated with vapor it is easy to recognize when you need to end your draw and inhale. Newcomers don't yet have this refined sense and often inhale until they cough it all out, resulting in more than they signed up for!!!

toecutter

I cough less when vaporizing than when during the rare occasion I smoke. I've learned to take it easy when smoking, that tight throat feeling after getting 'burned' can trigger anxiety for me.

I still cough on occasion when vaporizing with my Firefly 2, after a long draw. I have an EVO on the way, and look forward to trying water filtered.

I was surprised that I coughed when I first started using a vaporizer (Vapor Brothers) and have wondered if I just have sensitive lungs. If I catch a cold it takes me weeks to shake my cough. Otherwise they seem to be operating nominally.

So yeah I'm pretty much 98% vapor these days.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Man, I wouldn't do it if vaporizing made me cough a whole bunch. When my throat is sensitive, going through a dry bubbler takes care of everything and I can rip it big and not have irritation.

I had an LSV I gave away, but it would make everyone cough the first time they used it. I coughed for months. Maybe it built up my tolerance, but I rarely cough from vapor, and it would really bother me a lot if it consistently caused me to cough. For those that cough a lot, are you trying methods to cool the vapor? Some methods will rob more flavor than others, but you should be able to find something to lengthen the vapor path or filter it enough to be pleasant for your throat and lungs.

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
What I find odd is vaping doesn't make me cough, in fact when I smoked and had a cold / sore throat I wouldn't smoke till I was better, yet vaping is no problem at all.

However, all my friends who still smoke, when ever they have a go on my vape , they cough their lungs up.

Why would this be the case?

kellya86

Herb gardener...
What I find odd is vaping doesn't make me cough, in fact when I smoked and had a cold / sore throat I wouldn't smoke till I was better, yet vaping is no problem at all.

However, all my friends who still smoke, when ever they have a go on my vape , they cough their lungs up.

Cannabinoids are an irritant and an expectorant..
Smokers lungs are always full of fresh tar...
So it's trying to get it out...
Us vapers with fresher lungs have nothing to clear, so we dont cough...
Thats my theory...

I could never smoke when sick either...
But since quitting smoking I don't get ill anymore... superhuman.....

Last edited:

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
But since quitting smoking I don't get ill anymore... superhuman.....
How old are your kids? I've never been so ill since the little ankle biter started nursery!

But I think I agree with the coughing, I don't wheeze at night, or cough shit up in the morning, they still smoke and a vape kills them, so you must be onto something for sure! :nod:

C No Ego

it is the size of the cannabinoids that are irritants... an asthma inhaler was tested with cannabinoids and the cannabinoids were to big and caused throat irritation... they dropped the asthma inhaler project but still cannabis is a great bronco-dialater if it were not for the noids causing problems..

when smoking a part of the active noids gets soot soaked and is not as directly exposed as with vapor... vapor imparts the molecules more cleanly

kellya86

Herb gardener...
How old are your kids? I've never been so ill since the little ankle biter started nursery!

I understand that...
kid germs are fucking lethal....
I have an array of ages from 4 to 10..
They used to knock the shit out of me, but now i just get the cold smell in my nose, if anything, and I survive to vape another day....

Vaping is healthy....

Top Bottom