1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Do you buy old music you haven't heard in years ?

Discussion in 'The Vapor Lounge' started by adamster, Jan 15, 2013.

1. adamster

adamster New Member

I just listened to Tubular Bells again after too many years. It is such a tremendous high. I need to do that more often! Probably 7-8 years for me. I love the side 2 more. The music is incredible.
    I love having this on my ipod now!

t-dub likes this.
  2. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

No, I just throw on an 80's station. :lol:

3. SD_haze

SD_haze MMJ Vaporist

Just reading the words "tubular bells" the ramping intro starts playing in my head :party:

Had a music appreciation class when I was a sophomore in college and had to choose a piece to write an essay on. Choosing wasn't hard at all... tubular bells! Definitely got a 100%

4. djonkoman

djonkoman Well-Known Member

I don't have that much music like that, 1st because of my age(18), but second, and maybe most important, I'm very limited in my musical listening. a few years back I sttled on some bands I like, and from there on I didn't see any need anymore to look for new bands, new albums etc, I haven't connected my ipod to a computer in over a year(maybe 2).

5. Sickwindsor

Sickwindsor Member

I don't by it however I have 20 gigs of jazz from 1900-1940. I still haven't listed to all of it yet. That would take up a box set of cd's I couldn't take along with me.

6. Nbajunkie

Nbajunkie Someones always watching..

only if I'm shopping at goodwill(resale shop) just got the notorious big first and only 2 albums for 4 bucks. I mostly listen to classic rnb and oldschool
    soul

7. Kian

Kian oddball musician

I buy all kinds of music when I can afford to, although i guess I don't listen to so much "old" stuff otehr than experimental jazz and the weirder proggy stuff.
    Towards the end of last year I heard Tubular Bells for the first time in years, a live version from 1973 with Fred Frith and others. It gave me really strange dreams...

8. ShipDit

ShipDit 1%

I've bought The Cults "Sonic Temple" at least a half dozen times. Every time I throw a party someone steals the cd. (Full disclosure,most of my friends are assholes). I may have also dinged one copy while demonstrating my Ninja Throwing Star technique. Not my fault though,being of Irish and German ancestry means the ancient ways of feudal Japan come naturally.:ninja:

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors