1. If the Herbalizer was a fortune cookie what would it say? Tell us and win it!
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Do explain your name and avatar....

Discussion in 'The Vapor Lounge' started by basement farmer, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Madcap79

Madcap79 Jack of all trades, master of none.

Bob Loblaw's Law Blog. I f'n LOVE that show!
  2. MotoPsycho

MotoPsycho Well-Known Member

• My username comes from the Megadeth song "Motopsycho", which I found appropriate because I ride year round (have no car and refuse to get one) and am always hearing people call me crazy when I ride in the rain/cold. I'm not really a psycho, I just feel that is how most would perceive me. My avatar is the rear wheel from a Triumph Speed Triple, one of the sexiest bikes ever IMO.
  3. TwoPageAfro

TwoPageAfro Enthusiast

TwoPageAfro is just a nod to this drawing by one of my favorite artists, Jason Sho Green.

[​IMG]

You can check out more of his work at www.jasonshogreen.com

Forgot to mention my avatar. I think it's self explanatory :)
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  4. CentiZen

CentiZen Evil Genius in Training Accessory Maker

Back when I was in Grade 10 in highschool I was trying to make a hotmail account and every name I could think of was already taken. One night my parents took me to one of those "gifted children tests" (I put that in quotes since it's really just a scam) where they put you through a bunch of test to try to identify any special talents or mental dexterity one might have. One of the tests had a this random word generator which would create words you needed to pronounce. "centizen" was one of the words and the only one that I really liked, so I took that as my user name, thinking I wouldn't be able to get much more unique than that.

Funnily enough, I've actually met other centizen's online who got their usernames the exact same way.

And my avatar is the cover to Dream Theaters Metropolis Pt2; Scenes From A Memory. One of my favorite albums from one of my favorite bands, it's essential listening for any prog metal fan. This CD art, is one of my favorite pictures, all of separate images or "scenes" if you will (all referencing event in the album), coming together to form a bigger picture.

5. basement farmer

basement farmer My face is melting...

Username: Alludes to some quasi-legal activity that takes place under my roof.

Avatar: Refers to my sidekick. We could learn a lot about how to live life by observing his behavior. However nothing would ever get accomplished.

Click on photo for crappy photobucket clip...

[​IMG]
  6. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

My cat used to play Cross-Eyed Mary cranked up to 10 so I bought him some headphones.

Click on my avy to take him out of static mode.
  7. RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY Space is the Place

My username is an old nickname from the late 70s early 80s when I was a young drunk fool and a bit of an asshole at times. A large group of "Bar friends" would always yell RUDE BOY OI ! OI ! OI ! at me when they wanted my attention or in greeting :shrug: .

My avatar is just a picture I found on the web that captures the context of my username and me with a cup of Joe sittin' back watchin' the world go by.
    Gotta love that so many of us chose usernames and or Avatars that reflect our love of music.
    As the Man sorta said "Music and Herb the Healing combination" !!!!
  8. t-dub

t-dub Vapor Sloth

Name is just an old nick from work based on my initials. Avatar is a recycled medical cannabis logo I stole off the web from a southern Oregon collective that I didn't belong to and was wiped out by the cops. My occupation "Vapor Sloth" was adopted from @stickstones . . . :)
  9. Maine420

Maine420 GROOVY GRANNY

Just look at mine, explains it all. I am a Maine*ah that enjoys pot.
  10. Vapinghole

Vapinghole Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master

Great thread. Very interesting.

Me - I actually hate my user name--wish I could change it. I was high and trying to be clever by playing on the phrase "gaping hole." Oh well, we must live with our choices. ;)

I'm a bassist and love the movie Spinal Tap. I also love The Simpsons, so I was chuffed to find my avatar of a Simpsonized Derek Smalls.
  11. NinjaMindTriks

NinjaMindTriks Ninja Vapor Enthusiast

My friend used to listen to a hip hop group called JediMindTricks and I just modified it. I just found my avatar on the web and liked the munchie having ninja!
  12. arf777

arf777 No longer dogless

Mine is my actual name and my actual face.
  13. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

Now on the internet, everyone knows you're a dog.
  14. tuttle

tuttle Well-Known Member

Tuttle is after the renegade repairman in the movie Brazil. The world needs more of those ;) The avatar, I don't really remember anymore, it is one that I have been using for all my avatar needs for a decade or so.
  15. kindbeats

kindbeats Give me the Jillybean shatter and nobody gets hurt

This is a pretty cool thread idea! :)

Kind Beats is my alias as a working drummer and percussionist. I took the meaning of the word "kind" from the term "kind bud", so it represents potent beats. I've had the name since '99.

My avatar is actually a picture of a drum head with my logo drawn onto it.

Here's a (close to five year old) clip for those who are interested in hearing a bit of what I'm about.

16. DanAndroid

DanAndroid Of no particular interest

That was an especially nice listen! Thank you very much!

Although definitely styled differently than Kintaro, there are transitions and nuances that are similar in many ways.

I definitely like it and again, thank you for sharing it.

I've been dubbed the "Android" at work because it seems like no matter the time of day, I'm logged in to my system and servers at work.

"Dan", because it sounds inconspicuous enough as well as setting up a pun, rather poor one, on the name "Dan Akroyd".

When I first joined, not that long ago, my Avatar was an image of the wood trim in my car as it and the style trim on a vape I am getting are the same, Burled Walnut.

How can one NOT buy a vape when it is trimmed out the same as one's car?

Anyhoo, I've since replaced it with an image of the hood medallion on my car, my bai-by!:love:

If you ever run into the owners of Ocean Vodka who live on Maui and distill their vodka there, tell them someone from Japan with blue eyes says, "hey"!

You could soooo rock a double bass pedal. Do you have one but didn't use it in the vid or have you not tried one? If you haven't, you should!

I'm sure I have no idea of what you are eluding to. :rolleyes:
  17. Jahannum

Jahannum Well-Known Member

*fixed*

Just to add, the girl in my sig is also from the same Manhwa my avatar is from. Name is Hwa Ryun, also her posistion in the tower is a guide(like a role in a squad).
  18. Hexi

Hexi Well-Known Member

Captain Sisko from the best Star Trek series of all time!
  19. SalamiCity

SalamiCity Well-Known Member

My name is because I love the big d.... jk...

I love jerky, and dried meats, so a few friends and myself are int he process of getting a site up, fb page is up, and videos are being made, as well as a ranking system to rate and rank the best, and the worst dried meats from around the world that we find.

I feel that things like Jack Links that has 1.2 million Fb likes really shouldn't, and places like my favorite Crazy Horse Jerky should have that many, or more!

Some people love smoked meats, but don't like the crappy jerky out there.

Time to show the masses what is good, what is bad, and how to use your dried meats!!!!
  20. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member

Username: not original at all ... it's a play on words of my first and last name but also seems like it might refer to something else ... has a good ring to it though!

Avatar: My new guitar sitting on an oak guitar stand in my shop ... made by a local luthier (it's an AMAZING instrument!) ... kills any Fender I could have bought or anything else I can think of for a solid body electric (I also have a Gibson Custom ES-175 style hollow body that's been customized and isn't really a real Gibson anymore ... nor was it when I bought it ... sounds pretty sweet though! Not as versatile as my new one in the pic though (and the new one in the pic is just unbelievable ... so I barely pull out my other one these days :))
  21. kindbeats

kindbeats Give me the Jillybean shatter and nobody gets hurt

[​IMG]

Well played, my good man. Well played.
  22. crawdad

crawdad floatin

i earned the name im using here off the net, it involved crawdads and unknown amounts of alkyhal and i;ll leave it at that. avatar is me hitting the glass vapor genie. that pipe has seen some shit man. :whoa:
  23. 2 Paces

2 Paces Well-Known Member

When I signed up here, I had 2 Pax vapes. In latin Pax means peace, and the plural is paces. My wife jokes that I operate at 2 different paces (work mode or vaped mode), so 2 Paces was a name that was fitting in english too.

My avatar is a picture from my deck. I live on a lake, and it is the beginning of a path that winds through the trees with water on both sides. It's a perfect walk for a 'change of pace' :science:
  24. DrPiff

DrPiff Born To Rage

Piff is a term used for high grade weed in NYC.

Dr. Pibb is colored and carbonated sugar water.

See what I did there?

My avatar is just a pimped out Moogle... And I love Moogles.
  25. VaporsVaporizer

VaporsVaporizer Well-Known Member

Vapors- cause i love them (and it's one of my nicknames) and my Vaporizer. My avi is just some good looking nugs :D

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors