Divine Tribe atty's

DrNick420

Gorilla Tape?

So who has the stand that costs next to nuthin' , ok not 2 much,
and has a way to hold/stabilize a rig with a hydratube on top
and a place to park the glass itself when it's off the rig?

I don't know if he is still around but one time I bought a solo stand from @Pipes and he sent me a cool combo 14 male/14 female stand. I used it to hold a 14mm hydratube and I keep one of my favorite whip mouthpieces in the female side.

Unfortunately i dont know where or if you can get one of them. It seems to be a custom mold thing he made.

Steven

Gorilla Tape?

http://m.dhgate.com/product/2016-ne...-glass/385487849.html#s1-1-1;searl|1861887051
The sunshine store on dhgate sells Hydratubes and it's stand as a combo or separately. Look at the options for purchase. The stand alone is like $14. Crazy how the price has gone up cuz of popularity. It's basically a all glass stand with a glass 18mm male sticking up vertically. If you want to make one yourself, fashion an old 18mm bowl onto a block of wood and you r good. Storing the u it connected doesn't interest me because I finish my loads in 1 hit and reload often so keeping them separate actually is better for my style

kimura

DT noob here. I have a v2.7 atty paired with a VTC mini. set TCR at 245, temp target 390*F, wattage theoretically capped at 12W. it works but honestly tastes a bit burnt to me on the first puff. could be my material (rosin). kinda doubt it because it smells good but doesn't taste like it smells out of the DT.

does it sound like I have this all set up correctly? trying not to waste material here. thanks

Steven

DT noob here. I have a v2.7 atty paired with a VTC mini. set TCR at 245, temp target 390*F, wattage theoretically capped at 12W. it works but honestly tastes a bit burnt to me on the first puff. could be my material (rosin). kinda doubt it because it smells good but doesn't taste like it smells out of the DT.

does it sound like I have this all set up correctly? trying not to waste material here. thanks
I personally only have tried lower grade rosin in the dt donut and never tried it since. I do not think rosin is good on any atty type vape. Rosin still has plant matter in it so it will leave much more gunk behind after every hit. Imo stick with waxes and perhaps oil

kimura

I personally only have tried lower grade rosin in the dt donut and never tried it since. I do not think rosin is good on any atty type vape. Rosin still has plant matter in it so it will leave much more gunk behind after every hit. Imo stick with waxes and perhaps oil

thanks, thought that might be the case. was hoping to get away with it with frequent burnoffs and just accept that the atty would be abused. its pretty clean by rosin standards but I think I can see the tiny bits of charred evidence left on the donut. was worth a shot I guess

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.

So how would you vape Rosin?

papapotbelly

The Henail or 510 nail bubbler actually locks onto the 2.7 atty VERY well. But I still prefer the good ole PWTA. I use a simple piece of silicone over the 2.7 mouthpiece. I leave about an inch of extra tubing past the mouthpiece and then roll that tubing inside of itself to create a rounded tipped double walled mouthpiece that actually works as both a 14mm and 18mm adapter plus it VERY comfortable on your lips so it stays like this full time. I use mine inverted on standard glass too I just pre melt my dab and don't overload it. I also like it with full sized Hydratubes.

8120E39B-01C0-43C1-A861-67AA59C616BE_zpsii9dwmpr.jpg

This is amazing and I must do it immediately... @mrbonsai420, since it's such a perfect fit and I have all the same gear as you, do you mind sharing the source for and/or the inner/outer dimensions for your silicone tubing?

PS: What TC or TCR setting do you use for the 510 Henail, and is there an easy way on the battery/mod settings to switch back and forth between the DT and the Henail? Thanks!

Steven

I got a useful tip to pass around. It's should be known that the locked resistance in tc or tcr modes need to match the resistance reading in vw mode exactly for best performance. However, once the atomizer is removed, many mods will store the locked resistance even though it is not the actual resistance reading. This can be a nuisance because you would need to screw another atty on to reset the new atty reading. The problem is, I like to clean my donut often and many times I don't have a spare atty to reset the reading.

In my troubled time I got a light bulb. If you heat up the donut in vw mode, it will raise the resistance to around 0.90. Unscrew the hot atty and reattach the 0.90 atty to get a new atty reading. Once that is done, remove the atty, let it cool to original ohms, and then screw back on to get the new atty reading. Very helpful when cleaning out and about

wrigleyvillain

A Song of Ice and Vapor
Well rosin can have bits of plant matter in it but it doesn't happen chronically (no pun). At least in my admittedly still limited experience. At most I have to pick out a pistil or a couple small leaf tips with tweezers and maybe only once every few nugs pressed. Hardly any plant material in the example below as you can see and I can vape it same as other concentrates. It's always easy to see it and also to remove. Rarely does it mean I end up wasting a nice bit o' honey.

http://imgur.com/a/3TFvb

Last edited:

walrus

I use (clean) rosin on my 2.5 without issue.

Have any of you guys tried the new Miracle coils on the Saionara? Thoughts?

Got a miracle coil today. Only had one quick session with it but so far so good. Immediately noticed it consumed way less material than the wax coil. At 10.5 watts it gave pretty dense, flavorful hits. Not as much kick as the wax coil but a solid hitter. Much more testing is needed but first impression is positive.

Theoretically should be able to use tc with these coils though I don't think anyone has had luck with that so far.

Been enjoying the Saionara for the last couple weeks. You can stuff the wax coil pretty full and pass it around for a while. Great for groups as discussed upthread. Can deliver massive hits and, when loading a personal sizes amount, blows through wax at an alarming rate.

Maybe this atty should have its own thread?

Last edited:

waxdab23

Got a miracle coil today. Only had one quick session with it but so far so good. Immediately noticed it consumed way less material than the wax coil. At 10.5 watts it gave pretty dense, flavorful hits. Not as much kick as the wax coil but a solid hitter. Much more testing is needed but first impression is positive.

Theoretically should be able to use tc with these coils though I don't think anyone has had luck with that so far.

Been enjoying the Saionara for the last couple weeks. You can stuff the wax coil pretty full and pass it around for a while. Great for groups as discussed upthread. Can deliver massive hits and, when loading a personal sizes amount, blows through wax at an alarming rate.

Thanks for your review.

New thread makes sense. Lots of hype around this new Saionara atty.

Bad Ocelot

Those miracle coils do look cool, may pick one up at some point. It looks like the airflow hold might be in a problematic place from the picture but I could be wrong. Does it compare favorably (taste & performance wise) with the donuts?

fernand

@kimura try lowering the wattage and the temp then work your way up. And that 245 has been too high for my donuts. If it's tasting burnt it's ... probably burnt.

I don't thing any of this gear is manufactured to lab standards, we can expect variation. I look at every pairing as being unique. Like, say, your dog and this particular girlfriend. Change the girlfriend and it's no longer precisely the same.

Or looking at it another way, it IS kind of an "off-label" application. Can you see the guy who's making a hypodermic rig out of a Bic ballpoint pen and an eyedropper stop to pull out his digital micrometer and call the Bic support technicians in Zurich? Allo? Beek? Zwei millimeter?

Vape Donkey 650

All vape, no smoke please.
Hey guize :wave: Went away camping for a few days last week and busy when I got back. Lots of good stuff going on in this thread, as usual.

r9THB6N.jpg

My vape-travel bag stuffed with more stuff than usual...pinnacles, 2.7s and MELO tanks peeking at you.

I took 3 evics and donuts with 2 pinnacle water tools and also a couple of ni200 ceramic coil tanks with co2 oil on 2 eleaf picos, as well as a crafty for flowers. That was overkill for my relatively non-kushing friends. :) The more I have been using it, the more I realize that the pinnacle tool is the best performing, relatively compact water tool that can be easily paired with DT. I think the 2.5 cap + atmos silicon mouthpiece is the smallest, most secure connect for that.

Had a great Sunday at the Garlic Festival. That's an event where the whole town of Gilroy CA gets in the spirit of its garlic harvest.

But all I could think of was Joyetech, wow. My stash of carts includes those disposable 2 ohm 510 types filled with oil/wax thinned with EJMix. The problem is that they must be operated gently or you burn the oil/wick and thereafter they taste like road-kill on the way to the dump.

Before TC, all the mods bottomed out at 5 watts or more in VW mode. Simple regulators. And all the little 510 carts burned up at 5 watts. Unfortunate meeting of specs. So you had to play a skilled feathering button concerto to avoid the burn.

But NOW on the eVic VTC mini, I can just run carts at 1.5 - 2.0 - 3.0 watts and they cook perfectly fine. Good for the garlic Festival. And other places. Even the old OPen Vape carts are OK on the new TC Joyetechs.

I Bear Witness. eVic VTC mini and related, absolutely first class versatile devices, for any kind of vape.

p.s. Nobody can believe they actually sell Garlic flavored ice cream at the Garlic Festival. But once you've tried the garlic fries, with a texture/taste for which there's no word in the English language, you're unlikely to taste the ice cream. I've put it off for years.

Nice....I've been out to the garlic fest a couple times, a long time ago. Good, wholesome, outdoor garlic family fun. Too bad I didn't vape back then or I would have enjoyed garlic donuts as well. ;)

Fernand, for a guy that says he loves low-temp dabs and savors precious terps, I'm suprised to see you are such a fan of those pre-filled carts with diluted co2 oil. They are quite poor, even if you can set the watts lower. They may be convenient, but they (relatively) suck.

As an advanced user / e-cig guy, have you tried filling up your favorite RTA with some good, pure, un-mixed co2 oil and an SS or Ni200 coil for TC? There's much that can go wrong, but when it all goes right, it is so nice and convenient :luv: You can grab clouds large or small at whatever temp your heart desires, and you don't have to worry about burning up a coil or feel like you're sipping vape through a straw that a mouse would sip tea through, as in your little cup a few pages back :D

The little pre-filled carts like the o-vapes are also a dead give-away to anyone who actually knows what kind of vape gear people are using these days. Juice guys are well over obsolete little gear like that, except maybe the newest of the newbs. Putting co2 oil on a large sub-ohm tank looks exactly how many juice guys are vaping these days. Only the smell of my cloud gives me away :cool:

I'm all with you on loving the VTC, but not for being able to set 2w in VW :(

It should be obvious to everyone but don't let a heavy mod like the Cuboid hang off of the glass adapter even a tiny bit!!!!

My VTC Mini showed up today (amazing device! should have bought 2 of these not 2 cuboids maybe!) which seems light enough to let it hang off the glass adapter and more importantly is an impressive and well designed device.

Oh noes! :doh: Maybe time for some silicon-on-glass adapters to connect your donuts to your rig, Nick?

Gorilla Tape?

I've been looking into getting an FC member here to 3d-print a custom vape stand that will hold 5 mods upright, so a PWT can sit securely on top the mod while they're in the stand. But if it's custom, you can always tell em to put a little 14mm male funnel on the side for a tube.

This is still a work in progress for me....I'm not satisfied with my foolish home-made artisan stands.... :(

So would "clean" rosin just be like a mid-grade shatter, with a little higher fat content? I haven't vaped rosin on my DTs for the reasons discussed here. However, I have put what I like to call "volcano oil" on my DTs a few times. It's the oily, resinous, non-plant particle reclaim that I scrape off the insides of my volcano solid valve (and crafty, to lesser extent) with a knife and I can collect it in a silicon jar or swab it with cotton.

1tZ5Nfz.jpg

Heres some that I've started collecting. Not the best focus on the pic, low-batt on the phone, no flash, but you can see the orange gooey-ness of it and a couple little specs as well.

The good part of the volcano oil will be light colored amber with a low viscosity. This is more on the sides of the solid valve. Up by the top of the cone-shaped opening of the solid valve, there is much more oil but also alot more kiefy-plant-ish particles, so I will swab that part with cotton to vape on a convection vape like the arizer EQ.

I've had a few kiefy particles get by me on my "clean" volcano oil, it leaves some specs on the donuts, no big deal. But putting the more planty stuff would burn alot.

Also, regarding Nick asking about vaping bubble hash on the donut, it should be avoided for the same reasons as the rosin. Sure, you can put bubble hash and vape it on your DT if you want, but it will probably be burning hash and making smoke as much as vaping, and it will leave lots of burnt residue. Nothing inherently wrong with this if you're ok with it, people burn hash joints all the time. :disgust: It's just not what DT donuts are intended for. You could put ground flowers on the donut and get vape out of it even, but even more ash and char and smoke too. (don't do this plz guys)

Cool, thanks for the review walrus. :tup: This is the first of the saionara coils that really has got my interest, with the ceramic being the key difference. Any thoughts why they're telling us not to TC the miracle coil though? :huh: Wonder what wire material it has inside the ceramic?

How does the miracle coil compare to DT 2.5 as far as flavor, vape production, purity, charring, etc?

@kimura try lowering the wattage and the temp then work your way up. And that 245 has been too high for my donuts. If it's tasting burnt it's ... probably burnt.

I don't thing any of this gear is manufactured to lab standards, we can expect variation. I look at every pairing as being unique. Like, say, your dog and this particular girlfriend. Change the girlfriend and it's no longer precisely the same.

Or looking at it another way, it IS kind of an "off-label" application. Can you see the guy who's making a hypodermic rig out of a Bic ballpoint pen and an eyedropper stop to pull out his digital micrometer and call the Bic support technicians in Zurich? Allo? Beek? Zwei millimeter?

I'd figure it's the rosin causing the burning flavor more than the TCR. Going lower than 12w probably won't help....what temp setting kimura? 390F tastes fine to me at 245 TCR.

I feel these TC mods are as precise as they need to be, provided that everything is correct and accurate and solid between the mod and atty. They can resolve up to 0.01 ohm pretty well, in about 10*F increments, with a little flux? Not bad for something that fits in my palm and gives piffs in a matter of seconds. :shrug:

But mixing and matching mods and attys can lead to sub-par TC performance with DTs. Another reason why my fleet of donuts is so massive. My lust for different strains and not wanting to mix one oil over another on the same disc the other one.

Last edited:

Vape Donkey 650

All vape, no smoke please.
How bout some more donut pr0ns? :brow:

Just call me the larry flynt of ceramic vapor discs...I shoot these pics and forget to upload them.

I have donut models that are dirty and mature, or clean and innocent. :o

U7cAZQM.jpg

This dirty disc came back from camping. It went off camping dirty already, served a few loads, and came home dirtier, having done its duty. I didn't notice or mind much bad taste but fernand would. :D Finally cleaned after this.

GEaTh39.jpg

This is my oldest donut, from my first batch bought from Matt over a year ago now? Shows some marks when clean but works fine still.

04EzyWw.jpg

Oldest donut on newest mod, my only Vtwo. This donut has been on co2 duty almost from the start. A nice even coat of sour diesel on the donut :p maybe 30mg

7SDoUcO.jpg

How it looks after one nice 10 second puff. It has more to give. I notice on this old donut, when full of co2 oil, the watts on TC never goes below 12w throughout the whole puff, while giving copious amounts of (to me) smooth tasty co2 vape. We do know old donuts use a little more power, but 12.5w would do nothing for me but heat my terps here.

At 1 second intervals, I'm seeing: 24.9, 18, 16, 14, 14, 14, 13, 14, 13.... (done) or something close to that

It could also have to do with the co2 oil, which seems to have excellent binding qualities to the donut, as opposed to loose crumbles. But I would have to test the same donut, clean it, reload, etc, don't wanna do that.

YhZ6AC1.jpg

Same old co2 donut after a few more puffs and I think a few reloads in here.

SrBLTJ2.jpg

Another angle. This light crust is a prime candidate for the 200F TC scrape. :nod:

2BpzpTY.jpg

SxkFIUu.jpg

Fresh reloads of shards of blue dream shatter on a dirty donut.

rgwgOME.jpg

And that was the last one, gram done, on to the next one.

V8ObZ4C.jpg

Now my newest donut on my newer mod. This is the first reload after this superhero low 0.55 ohm donut was cleaned for the first time. I tried some trainwreck crumble on this clean donut.

6CkSxVn.jpg

Then pre-melted. This crumble vaped beautifully for me @ 380F, 20W, but it didn't taste good. :\ :( No, it's not because of my temp or watts. It's just because it's some so-so midgrade. Smells nice in the jar, doesn't taste the same as vape. Tastes fatty-waxy. :p I'll give it to a friend. :D

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I'm sorry but I don't find your porn exciting at all... all this gunk is rather gross in fact... :shrug:

This is why we call hash "shit" over here, it's brown sticky and smelly no wonder...

I know my reclaim in my glass stems will be delicious, but still when I hand a dirty one to my friends most of them have the initial reaction to think it's filthy and disgusting and ask me why I don't clean them more often.

KeroZen,
Top Bottom