Ditanium vaporizer

Whisper

Are you guys cleaning this? I burned it off, let cool and swabbed it with iso. Should I do more? ( Besides the whip )

Whisper,

BestBuds

The Dude
Are you guys cleaning this? I burned it off, let cool and swabbed it with iso. Should I do more? ( Besides the whip )
Just make sure you're cleaning the handpiece as well and that's about it. I don't even iso wipe it. I burn it off and wipe the ash away with a dry q-tip

BestBuds,
Reactions: Whisper

thc_technologist

cannabis tech enthusiast
Does anyone know if you can use S&B dosing capsules with the Ditanium? I'm wondering if the capsules will fit in either the glass or titanium hand-piece.

Specifically, if you unscrew the titanium hand-piece, will an S&B dosing capsule fit in that space? It looks like it would fit, but I doubt there's enough space to screw the hand-piece shut after placing a capsule inside.

If these assumptions are true, it would be cool to find someone that could make a small threaded piece of metal to expand that chamber and make the Ditanium compatible with S&B dosing capsules.

Edit - or perhaps there's an easier way to get it to work with standard glass adapters.

Last edited:
thc_technologist,

iamdiosa

Does anyone know if you can use S&B dosing capsules with the Ditanium? I'm wondering if the capsules will fit in either the glass or titanium hand-piece.

Specifically, if you unscrew the titanium hand-piece, will an S&B dosing capsule fit in that space? It looks like it would fit, but I doubt there's enough space to screw the hand-piece shut after placing a capsule inside.

If these assumptions are true, it would be cool to find someone that could make a small threaded piece of metal to expand that chamber and make the Ditanium compatible with S&B dosing capsules.

Edit - or perhaps there's an easier way to get it to work with standard glass adapters.

This is a legitimate question, but why would you want to use the dosing capsules?

iamdiosa,

thc_technologist

cannabis tech enthusiast
This is a legitimate question, but why would you want to use the dosing capsules?
TL;DR - I'm trying to replace my Volcano Hybrid with a Ditanium, without losing the ability to use capsules.

I like to use the capsules because it lets me front-load the work of grinding/packing/portioning. The Mighty is my go-to portable flower vape, and using the capsules allows me to quickly/easily vape different strains (Hybrid, India, Sativa) while traveling.

If you're curious, this is my vaping workflow with the capsules:

I grind up several 1/8s (different strains), load them in the capsules, and put the capsules in labeled air-tight jars with big Boveda 58% humidity packs. Then when I want to vape, I pick a strain (I usually have a Hybrid, an Indicia, and a Sativa), grab a capsule, and I'm good to go.

I know some people will frown on this because they think the flower loses "freshness." However, with the big Boveda packs and air-tight jars, everything smells just a fresh as the day I ground it up (I usually poke my nose in the jar for a nice sniff before I grab a capsule). I have noticed the smaller Boveda packs don't work as well, and freshness would decline. This might be where the skepticism comes from. The big packs 100% work for me though.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
TL;DR - I'm trying to replace my Volcano Hybrid with a Ditanium, without losing the ability to use capsules.

I like to use the capsules because it lets me front-load the work of grinding/packing/portioning. The Mighty is my go-to portable flower vape, and using the capsules allows me to quickly/easily vape different strains (Hybrid, India, Sativa) while traveling.

I grind up several 1/8s (different strains), load them in the capsules, and put the capsules in labeled air-tight jars with big Boveda 58% humidity packs. Then when I want to vape, I pick a strain (I usually have a Hybrid, an Indicia, and a Sativa), grab a capsule, and I'm good to go.

I know some people will frown on this because they think the flower loses "freshness." However, with the big Boveda packs and air-tight jars, everything smells just a fresh as the day I ground it up (I usually poke my nose in the jar for a nice sniff before I grab a capsule). I have noticed the smaller Boveda packs don't work as well, and freshness would decline. This might be where the skepticism comes from. The big packs 100% work for me though.

I'm surprised you would want to still use aluminum anything in a vaporizer after the Hybrid.

invertedisdead,

thc_technologist

cannabis tech enthusiast
I'm surprised you would want to still use aluminum anything in a vaporizer after the Hybrid.
I know a lot of people are skeptical of aluminum in general. Given the chatter I've seen, it's an understandable position to take. This is my take: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/volcano-hybrid.36986/page-54#post-1436996

Right now, my main concern with the Hybrid is the friction that produces metal wear particles every time the chamber is attached to the unit. The capsules don't produce friction, thus no wear particles to worry about.

thc_technologist,

iamdiosa

Okay, that makes sense. :)

I'm one that also grinds up to portion or to use late at night without faffing about so I get it. They might fit the glass handpiece, but iirc (it's been a while since I had a Mighty) the pods might rattle around in there. They might fit the Sneaky Pete J-hook that he sells for the Ditanium. You could email him and ask. I don't think they would fit the Ti piece though. I have the J-Hook, but don't have any of the dosing capsules anymore.

thc_technologist

cannabis tech enthusiast
I ordered a handful of glass adapters from the Oregon Glass Blower (OGB). Right now I'm thinking it'll be:

Ditanium -> 14mm female to 18mm male -> Capsule -> screen -> 18mm female to whip adapter

If that works, it'll get the herb pretty close to the Ditanium (which should be a good thing from what I've heard).

Parts:

I ordered some other combinations to play with too. We'll see! Even if none of it works, I'm sure those adapters will come in handy at some point.

I am going to try and get a working capsule setup before actually buying the Ditanium though. Plan B is to see if OGB will make a custom piece.

BestBuds

The Dude
i also have one coming. i'm wondering, have any of you tried using hash with this?
I have used dry sift hash with it. I used the sneaky Pete all glass J Hook adapter. What I did was break off the size of hash I wanted. For me it was a tictac sized chunk. I would put the hash on a spoon and warn it is from under the spoon with a lighter or something. The hash will look normal, And then all of a sudden it begins to darken a little right before it looks like it might start to melt and become much like sticky wet sand in texture. I will make it flat with my stirring tool and then slide the thin warmed disc of hash in the bowl and it ends up looking like wet, loose, keef. I will vape it at about 12:30/1:00 but that was just from trial and error. I just finished my first brick of hash. Hopefully someone can help refine my technique

thc_technologist

cannabis tech enthusiast
It arrived last night!

Initial thoughts:

Wow this thing can hit hard. The stacked hits... One singular hit hasn’t wrecked me that hard in a long time; probably since the smoking days.

Compared to the unit 420VapeZone
reviewed, I think they made the cable longer. The light is blue too (420VapeZone’s was green). Could be that mine is bamboo and his was black, not sure.

The dial is higher quality than I expected. Based on pictures/videos I thought it was plastic, but it has a nice metal feel.

The lack of markings for the dial is annoying. I made a stick-on set of markings to make it easier to reproduce temperatures.

The whip tastes off. I’m going to order a new platinum-cured one. Where do you guys buy whips from?

The glass adapters are on their way!

I really hope the S&B capsules fit. I think they’ll add some conduction, I’m hoping enough where stirring isn’t necessary.

Last edited:

thc_technologist

cannabis tech enthusiast
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silicone_rubber#Curing

Silicone tubing needs to be cured, there are different ways of doing it. Platinum curing produces the highest grade silicone (no byproducts).

It’s more expensive, most people don’t care, so I doubt any manufacturer is including platinum-cured tubing. I prefer it though.

I haven’t ordered whip tubing in a while. I used McMaster Carr before, but the last time I ordered from them, the tube had a horrible smell (made me concerned about how it was produced) so I’m a little hesitant to use them again.

I’ll definitely make a post once I have more info on the capsules.

MonkeyTime

@Whisper are you looking for smaller loads or smaller hits? The capsules would help with smaller loads if they can be made to work/fit.

I've got a lot of stuff packed up at the moment, if I come across the Di today I'll try both hand sets with a capsule and try and post some pictures.

@thc_technologist , I buy a lot of stuff from McMaster Carr, both for work and home projects, mostly for convenience. I've also had issues with their silicone tubing in the past, other times the same product, size and all has been fine. We chalked it up to a rushed cure. For the record, they were pretty good about exchanging it before it was installed.

TheHerbPuffer

So I've had my Ditanium for around 8 months. Around the same time i got an enano as well (killer combo), and haven't felt a need for another vape since. With that being said, my brother got what seems to be a upgraded version a couple days ago from PIU. The notch on the dial is silver and much easier to see, and the handpiece has a built in glass screen (I suggested that on this forum about six months ago). It seems to perform quite a bit better than mine and am wondering if the built in screen is the reason... Does anyone have the upgraded version to confirm this? The internals are still the same right? I looked for the upgraded handpiece on PIU but couldnt find it, but sent them an email.

Last edited:

thc_technologist

cannabis tech enthusiast
I just got mine from PiU yesterday. It has the same details you’re describing (silver dial notch, glass screen). There’s also a logo on the hand piece. I think the power cable is longer too, but I don’t have an older version to check against. Oh, and the light is blue.

TheHerbPuffer

I just got mine from PiU yesterday. It has the same details you’re describing (silver dial notch, glass screen). There’s also a logo on the hand piece. I think the cable is longer too, but I don’t have an older version to check against. Oh, and the light is blue.

I didn't check the cable, but the light is blue on mine as well. His was definitely hitting harder than mine though.

BestBuds

The Dude
I have the glass screen version. I don't like it. I prefer no glass screen. As for the knob, I found a guitar knob on Amazon for a few dollars that has numbers. I also got a led light that makes it look like it's on fire. I don't know why but I am modding my Ditanium more than I have ever done with other vapes.

Whisper

I have the black Di, it came with the glass screen and a black knob. I really haven't done a lot of flower vaping with it, because I have a WS log and the amount of flower the Di uses is considerable. I was asking the question about the S&B capsules to pack smaller amounts of flower for use in the whip/wand. We had some friends over and we used the dual function with them, but otherwise, it seems a bit much ( for us ). This has been my first experience with dabbing, I assume I am doing it correctly, because :ko:. I guess one nice thing is you aren't spending tons on accessories. :p

MonkeyTime

I have the black Di, it came with the glass screen and a black knob. I really haven't done a lot of flower vaping with it, because I have a WS log and the amount of flower the Di uses is considerable. I was asking the question about the S&B capsules to pack smaller amounts of flower for use in the whip/wand. We had some friends over and we used the dual function with them, but otherwise, it seems a bit much ( for us ). This has been my first experience with dabbing, I assume I am doing it correctly, because :ko:. I guess one nice thing is you aren't spending tons on accessories. :p

Have you tried the Titanium handset? It functions well with a much smaller amount in the bowl and moves it much closer to the heater.

Top Bottom