developmental vaporizer threads

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
So what are the criteria for creating new vaporizer threads?

I just wasted my time reading the new Universe Adaptor thread, which is specifically for the Persei/omicron. So a new thread for a vape specific adaptor?

But my main point with the content, and I don't want the shit storm that me posting my reply in that thread will create with the fan base so to discuss/vent I'll just post it here as is rather than rephrasing, is;

So this thread is just a tease? It does not deliver. I've just wasted some of my life reading 3 pages of speculation for virtually zero meaningful information.

Why not introduce the product properly with details of what it actually is, what it actually does (beyond a loose concept and vague, uninterpreted photos), and the basics of how, rather than playing this guessing game designed to whip up hype? Every other vape on FC is presented and discussed in an informative rather than speculative manner, especially when introduced by the maker and promoter.

To my mind that thread devalues the community that is FC and is just designed to 'work the crowd' and keep the posts coming. I don't much like it personally. We deserve information, not manipulation.

If nothing more the thread should be titled appropriately to indicate that it's introducing an untested concept/prototype, rather than a market ready design (IMO).

What about a section for concepts and prototypes, separate to the section for available vapes?

Or maybe I'm alone being slightly irritated over this? It wouldn't be the first time I've been irritable.....

fidget

Now I'm going to have to read the thread and have my time wasted.
A dedicated section would definitely be a good idea.

fidget,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
There's a report link at the bottom of every post. Use it. It's not just for bad behaviour. Tell the mods why you think the thread is misplaced or unwarranted. I've done this and gotten action. You can too.

max

Out to lunch
As for being market ready before creating a thread, I don't agree with that requirement (I'm sure sm/VapeXhale agrees), but it should at least be a work in progress, perhaps with a working prototype.

I think the precedent for vape parts was set with the Thermovape flower cart, which I missed, since they have so many different actual vape models. There may be a really old thread or two buried deep, that doesn't qualify as a vape, but if so they're ancient history. IMO this section should be for vapes only, but it's not my forum. I just sweep up and take out the trash. ;)

max,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Yeah for sure- the Cloud thread has been entertaining and informative, as well as important no doubt in the build up and launch of the product. But it was quite different in having been documented from the very beginning on these boards - not an already established business employing professional marketing tactics. And of course I've also really enjoyed reading about the development of hippie's bud toaster - but again that thread has been created motivated by a genuine willingness to share with the community, rather than focused, intense commercial efforts drip feeding information with the sole objective of increasing profile and hype. Seems very different to me, although I'm not sure how your draw the line except arbitrarily. 'Vape parts' however is quite a clear distinction IMO. How about a separate thread for the DaVinci oil can? Or SSV heater covers/wands?

I don't know, it's a commercial world I suppose, tough economic times, and these are FC sponsors in this case. At least we don't have ad banners and the like on every page. Plus some folk don't seem to mind being worked and teased and lap it all up, 'liking' everything that's drip fed, so part of me thinks 'fair enough' (that's the part after a big dab of honey oil :ko:). But then the part of me that loves FC hates to see it going down this road and being part of that machine, almost like those god-awful 'infomercial' TV channels they have in the US... (and then I need another dab to not care...lol). FC's strength IMO is the way it is community driven and commercially supported, rather than vice versa. A tough balance.

It's kind of a slightly different issue I think, but a separate section for developmental vapes would facilitate discussion yet limit the potential for manipulation of market prominence. I s'pose we've got what we've got for now and I know a thread not to click on. It's just a shame it's in the forum section I've always been so interested in (not that I'm not interested in the design, but no information is presented and I won't be teased like a dog for pages and pages as part of some hype manufacturing initiative). I just hope I don't have to mentally filter out/through much more commercial rubbish on FC.

So that's my :2c:, glad it's off my chest, and hopefully the powers that be will hear this user feedback.

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
I think you've made a good point. I'm not going to go and read it because I doubt that I'll be interested, and now I'd feel like a bit of a sucker if I did. From the sounds of things though, shouldn't that thread be placed in the "vapor-related equipment" section?

hazy,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Come to think of it, an attachment isn't a vaporizer by itself.

The Revolution is now a full fledged kit, it's own vaporizer.

Before the Revolution thread was started by someone (ahem), there were a few people complaining that it deserved it own thread, and that they didn't want to trudge through pages in the ThermoVape thread because that information didn't help them, since they needed help with the other attachment.

TV also didn't want to start the thread because they felt like it was spammy-ish, even though some people kept complaining, instead of adding to the useful information in the thread.

I agree and think attachments should NOT go into the vaporizer specific thread, because they don't function by themselves, and because some people think it is spammy-ish.

sessnet,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations,

I've just finished going through some thread searching for a graphic illustration of its vapor path, which i did manage to locate, eventually... IMHO it should be made mandatory that ALL dedicated threads need to begin with such piece of information, for example:

(PuffIt Portable, page 36)

In that way i believe the really important details would become accessible instantly. Often enough searching for this will end up being a time-consuming epic task and it's only natural for new/busy members without a trained eye not to spend that sort of spare time only to find a few relevant sentences which have been been burried deep anyway... There's no doubt in my mind that we can all imagine more productive ways to spend our spare time, nobody on FC pretends to be immortal after all!...

:peace:

Egzoset,
Top Bottom