Deceived by electricity, unable to stand fire...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Everybody,
Salutations Satyrday,

You might want to check out...

Well, unless battery management is fully implemented (obsolescence included) i'll let these portable technologies evolve while there's something else on my mind at this very moment anyway.

There may be a better proposal still unexplored which i find utterly "sexy" (e. g. stimulating)...

4.gif

...right up your alley.

Here's the proposal, please don't hesitate to share your impressions.
6.gif

1st: QUERY!
...​
63.gif

Euh... Nah! Not that sort of querry!! Instead i mean this:

Would a VapoCane fit on top of a VaporGenie???
39.gif

As in, « i wonder », of course (not even sure if i should mean its vaporization bowl or the heat-collecting ball!)...

26.gif

In other words, how about generating CLEAN (but DRY) vaporizing-hot air for a classic VG using the Vapocane as a glass heat-exchanger, powered by a blue torch?!...

Now, how's that?
5.gif
Is there going to be a risk that the glass will shatter, etc, for example?...

:peace:

Egzoset,

satyrday

Would a VapoCane fit on top of a VaporGenie???
39.gif

As in, « i wonder », of course (not even sure if i should mean its vaporization bowl or the heat-collecting ball!)...

26.gif

In other words, how about generating CLEAN (but DRY) vaporizing-hot air for a classic VG using the Vapocane as a glass heat-exchanger, powered by a blue torch?!...

Now, how's that?
5.gif
Is there going to be a risk that the glass will shatter, etc, for example?
Interesting. Looks like it would be a good solution for you in indirect mode, as long as just firing a torch alone doesn't aggravate your allergies. Not sure it would give you the insta-blast you crave though...(?)

Perhaps it would provide that blast if you mated it successfully with the Genie and utilized the VG thermal mass as you propose. Some glass will shatter from the heat, but after watching the video I would say it should be able to take it. Could it be the ticket? Maybe!

In direct mode the vapocane reminds me of Waldo technology:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/waldo-by-triihouse.6729/

satyrday,
Reactions: Egzoset

Egzoset

Banned
Hi again,

...it would be a good solution...

Only the half of one actually, as i'd get rid of contaminants but i'd also loose the benefit of moisturization!

102.gif

...as long as just firing a torch alone doesn't aggravate your allergies.

It was feeling much better today, i'll need to imagine some test in an attempt to determine which of butane or pollen or weed makes me have these reactions. For example, a pipe heated as suggested would remove butane gas from the equation, next i'd try experimenting with no load at all, etc...

:science:

Not sure it would give you the insta-blast you crave though...(?)

Maybe i should try a similar configuration to that:

2rfc085.jpg

Perhaps it would provide that blast if you mated it successfully with the Genie...

A short stripe of teflon tape should suffice to seal the gap bewteen the inner edge of a classic bowl and the external surface of an Arizer Solo glass stem (LEGO-Land again!)...

I'm starting to find this dialogue inspiring, those are good finds you're providing me - at least more than meets the eye as the picture right above is a direct result of it.

:tup:

So, lets suppose this piece of glass will endure intense stress from a blue torch... I'm hoping there's some easy way to include moisture in that contraption!

Egzoset,
Reactions: satyrday

satyrday

Only the half of one actually, as i'd get rid of contaminants but i'd also loose the benefit of moisturization!

I'm starting to find this dialogue inspiring, those are good finds you're providing me - at least more than meets the eye as the picture right above is a direct result of it.

:tup:

So, lets suppose this piece of glass will endure intense stress from a blue torch... I'm hoping there's some easy way to include moisture in that contraption!
I am glad. It is interesting for me too.

How about?

Y-adapted whip leading to 2 sources...

This:

maple.png

And this:

240px-Kitchen_Funnel_upsidedown.jpg

+

31gxfYColdL._SX450_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-Germ-Free-Humidifier-HCM-350/dp/B002QAYJPO

Whip tube connected to the upside-down funnel suspended over humidifier may have to be smaller diameter for restricted airflow. This is to allow enough suction to reach VG.

satyrday,

Egzoset

Banned
Oh...

Y-adapted whip leading to 2 sources...

I already have the tried & well-tuned equivalent standing on a desk, with a tubing system that fits:

That's how i came to think of « FogBong! », incidentally!

:nod:

...or vice-versa maybe, i'm starting to forget...

Egzoset,

satyrday

That's how i came to think of « FogBong! », incidentally!

OK - a lot of this has already been fleshed out then. I envisioned a true y-adapter fog inlet closer to the mouth, which may lead to less filtration effect as I know you desire (humidified cannabis vapor wouldn't be sticking to the large fog-catcher surface and the longer stretch of the whip tube), but looks like you are nearly positioned to try this with the Genie. And more importantly with the Vapocane/VG combo should you go that route!

satyrday,

Egzoset

Banned
39.gif

OK - a lot of this has already been fleshed out then.

Lets say i've acquired a better understanding of my own expectations.

...less filtration... ...surface... ...tube...

My experiences didn't set everything at once, there are aspects which emerged over others, etc. None immuable.

Yet a concentric system would seem a more rewarding strategy in the long run i believe. The FogBong concept isn't just about cold water vapour floating through air: i was trying to decide if cooling was necessary for me, then i determined that very little water vapour (fog) was actually required to obtain a soothing effect which i felt was particularily efficient at preventing coughing, apparently because i don't tolerate dry cannabic vapour as well as i hoped, perhaps... Since i've explored ways to control aperture my ideas have got clearer. For example, provided that the moisturizer mechanism can be installed on a hot inlet port a manufacturer would only require magnets to combine with a piece of Curie alloy to close a magnetic circuit below a maximal temperature beyond which a plunger would be attracted into an alternate/weaker magnetic circuit causing air-flow restriction - implementing a rudimentary over-heat protector that also happens to support a humidifier's water evaporator function!... Oh well, i'm sure someone will figure it out.

Euh... It's my 4th bowl, it's going to be fine now!
113.gif
Little irritation, next to no congestion and much less repetitive sneezing episodes. I've flushed and refilled using Xikar fuel 4 - 5 times i guess, i try to keep the flame halfway from the chimney's rim (4 counts) then i retreat (1 - 3 more counts) and i begin to "probe", euh... As far as i can tell well filtered butane doesn't hurt... At least not as much as a couple days ago!

67.gif

Anyway... I think it may be feasible to build a hybrid sort of pipe that solves simultaneously the dryness and contaminants issues. Though i wouldn't want the add-on heat collector/exchanger to be made of glass while it's going to travel. For this the Supreme's elaborate heat-exchanger concept seems a lot more attractive, 1st because it's not going to shatter into sharp bits ever, 2nd there's a possible analogy as the VaporGenie Classic and the Supreme both make use of wood (conduit/chamber surfaces included).On another hand these designs differ: my auxiliary heat-exchanger would be clean but generate DRY hot air, no matter how sturdy, reliable & effective the materials are. So, i imagine that heated air would need to pass through some form of heat recuperator meant to divert energy, for a tiny water evaporator which a larger water tank feeds using a wick or else. But...

With that much stuff packed into such a tight volume i wonder if wood still could make sense, etc...

Day dreaming again!
105.gif
CeraGenie?!...

...looks like you are nearly positioned to try this with the Genie. And more importantly with the Vapocane/VG combo should you go that route!

It won't have any over-heat protection but i'm starting to like my VG real bad! Euh, goooood i mean. But i'd avoid glass for this type of project and rather wait in order to see what's next (only after i've weighted various opinions/reactions). In any case i'm no manufacturer so i wouldn't want this to be innaccessible, expensive, complex, risky, etc., etc...Or i'd be the 1st guy to reject it.

IMO, under ideal circumstances even a senior person should be able to cope with these modifications, with some effort and patience i bet. Yet the truth is i think i've found a promissing tree and i'm now shaking its base hoping for the best from our underground market place. Who knows? It's also possible i'll choose another path if there's an impass ahead.

Egzoset,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I think your sneezing issues have to do with poor filtration, or insuficient filtration in comparison to your needs.

Have you tried some kind of filter between the ceramic disks on your genie? Something that allows air to path but not particles? Don't know if cotton might work without burning but it's worth a try.

vorrange,
Reactions: Egzoset

satyrday

39.gif
Yet the truth is i think i've found a promissing tree and i'm now shaking its base hoping for the best from our underground market place.
Pictures or video of this monster in use would be interesting to watch. It will be interesting to see if you're vaping it, or it's vaping you. Either way will be entertaining!

satyrday,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Vorrange,
Salutations Satyrday,

I think your sneezing issues have to do with poor filtration, or insuficient filtration in comparison to your needs.

Yes, it seems i may happen not to cope so well as the average VG owner. By chance it was only a temporary event: i've had 4 bowls in a row last night before there was a reaction, this makes me so optimistic we can forget the water accessory which i don't want to depend on if i can help it! Actually, i seen very little particulate accumulations through the PVC since March, now that i think of it... Moreover, now that it's back to a status of Plan-B (or B+!), well i find that filtration must be avoided in the "sampling" application where it shines most anyway...

Additionally, there's a pair of screens added in the sphere, though their function was to act as spacers to be honest... A cotton ball in the PVC extension tubing might lead to interesting observation(s), i shall try to test that and see what happens but i suspect it will restrict air-flow once damp. Also, if water condensates on it so will cannabic vapour and this would attenuate its benefits i believe.

I don't know for sure but my weed is the same, i've been using the same lighter and butane gas for a while now... If there's a dramatic change somewhere it's outdoors: pollen, quite likely. At the peak of my intolerance crisis mother nature was effecting modifications of her own. I think this upset my sensivity level which finally appears to be returning back to normal. Whatever that is...

Pictures or video of this monster...

A monster genie in my dreams (!), i wouldn't want to have a burning-hot piece of glass only a few inches from my nose, no matter how safe that is thought to be while i'm supposed to torch it. A system as that of the Lotus or Supreme is going to be necessary, not just for a "clean" (seperated) air/vapour path but also because that sounds safer to me. I've tried to get a Herb Iron to replace fire but that plan failed for multiple reasons.

My 3rd version of the modded VG may not be the most appropriate solution for living room vaporist sessions but as a portable sampler it has beaten my HerbalAire no sweat, hence my flirt with fire: it's still a useful fallback strategy until i've decided what to acquire next.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Then perhaps you have to make a dual-filtration system, one before the bowl, and the other after the bowl.

Moisture will be a factor of course, but not for the first filter.

Maybe a before-bowl filter only option should be tried VS after-bowl filter. (Mother nature's pollen won't be stuck in the tubing in theory...)

vorrange,

satyrday

A monster genie in my dreams (!), i wouldn't want to have a burning-hot piece of glass only a few inches from my nose, no matter how safe that is thought to be while i'm supposed to torch it. A system as that of the Lotus or Supreme is going to be necessary, not just for a "clean" (seperated) air/vapour path but also because that sounds safer to me. I've tried to get a Herb Iron to replace fire but that plan failed for multiple reasons.
Good Day Egzoset.

Wear a welding helmet! Not only for safety but legal security in the video ;)

310px-MannGlas_welding_helmet_2views.jpg

Edit: You'll have to snake that whip tube up from the bottom.

satyrday,

Egzoset

Banned
Hi again Vorrange,

...one before the bowl, and the other after... ...Moisture will be a factor of course, but not for the first filter.

Ah, that reminds me i do have conventional pipe "filters" on my hands. Advertisement on the box reads « Throw away nicotine with DES genuine Medico filters»! Hummm... In my case i'd be worried that roll of paper is going to collect resin...

:uhoh:

I suspect pollen was a trigger because my irritation gets stronger with invisible yet tasteful vapour. There's no tangible exhales and yet i do sense those; as a matter of fact i start remembering how initial low temperature HA crucibles felt significantly more irritating than the ones after...

Maybe it turns out i'm getting a wee bit too much aroma/taste than my physiology can handle, go figure!

Wear a welding helmet!

PouHa! Ha! Ha! That's good humour i'm going to recollect in the veranda.

Egzoset,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
If you really think the terpenes/flavinoids are a problem for you, you can easily test this theory out. Water cure a gram or three, so that the water leeches them out, and then dry and vape the water cured stuff. In my really rough and stoned theory, you should be experiencing very few to no symptoms. If it still bugs you the same, it might be something else...

Quetzalcoatl,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Quetzalcoatl,

...vape the water cured stuff. ...really rough and stoned theory...

Not at all, i did consider doing this myself but then i noticed the symptoms diminish at such a rate (...) by the time i finally acquire a routine (ritual) it will be easier to distinguish where to look next time. Right now i have too many variables involved: pollen, butane, CO2, hydrocarbons, low-temperature aroma/taste carrying molecules, "additives" (e.g. pesticides, etc.), THC, Cannabinoïds... I can't tell what the problem is all about but it's passing and a relief is most welcome. Though that doesn't mean i'm not trying hard to imagine a solution (on the long run) - which it turns out is related to my curiousity about something that you may be able to assist with.

Of course the search engine lead me nowhere, inputing "VG VaporGenie Nail Adaptor" was no big hit!...

But maybe a human, you, could remember reading a passage somewhere, whatever. I like the pipe experience but my fire needs to be clean and i realized maybe a nail would suffice... Can you picture what i've got in mind? It's certainly not glamour but that might be fun!! At least for me. I'd be curious to know how a butane lighter may rate in Watts, BTU or any unit that seems appropriate, Watts would be convenient enough, euh... I'm still having crazy ideas, that's a sign my modded VG ain't doing so bad after all!!

How am i suppose to want to go back to slow electric vaporisation when i'm done by the count of 12 (at most, 7 - 8 being the lower limit i'd say)?... My VG ABV has no green anymore, it's now golden-brown, almost yellow. Dark roasted spots are a thing of the past for the most part. One bowl was brief but intense: 2 inhalations, thick. It's easy to start coughing when that occurs.

Ultimately i might accept the idea that torches are better and hence the only appropriate choice for this task. It would need to capture heat like an antenna and then that thermal energy would be transfered to a radiator with significant "mass", at least sufficient mass to work for inhalations as 20 or 30 seconds.

Can you recall of some product past/present/future which my descriptions may involke? Briefly put a "VG Nail Adaptor"...

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Are you trying to use a nail as a convective heat source? I've never seen one used that way.
I haven't either. Sorry Egzoset... I might cruise by the local headshop after I'm done with today's classes and take a peek for you. Was thinking of getting a new dome perhaps. The closest thing I've seen to that is a nail inside a pipe, like a dry dab piece.

Quetzalcoatl,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations,

The thing is i wouldn't want a dabbing adaptor, only its heat... Anything that sits readily on top of a VG that can replace fire...

Thanks anyway.

Egzoset,

Egzoset

Banned
Hi NoPartOfMe,

A moisture conditioning module has been announced for the miniVAP. I figured you might be interested!

That's certainly a proper gesture to have on a forum but likely to be directed at the wrong guy in this present case, since i doubt my profile corresponds to the targetted customers. Please attempt to imagine why i'd want to try some heat-exchanger add-on for the VG and not just pick a THV since that's the closest i've come to so far, or an HerbalAire for that matter (considering i've already made circles around it during the last couple years!)...

Egzoset,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom