• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Deceived by electricity, unable to stand fire...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Everyone,
Salutations Satyrday,

I think it would be interesting if you listed all your detailed requirements in an 'Ask FC' post.

That's an excellent recommendation, IMO. Well, i'm just not very confident how to start so 1st i'll give you an update on my present situation. Perhaps this will set the background, at least it will give me a chance to focus...

15.gif

-=*=-

ADDENDUM: (in response to a post in another section)

It now seems that the crisis episode is going to pass, i suspect either my Lotus lighter got contaminated by some careless individual, prior to my pruchase, probably by a former client anxious to see some nice flame for a minimum expense. Considering the price-tag i can understand this sort of temptation...

29.gif

Anyway. Here's how it went this afternoon, in my veranda!

Some nasal congestion (but this could as well be a compound result of butane + pollen, etc...), followed by mild sneezing. Nothing as bad as when it started in any case (hope is back)!

This is my 3rd modded version of the "Classic Maple VG Vaporizer", my energy source is a pair of Bic miniTronic (i use them in rotation to avoid overheating)... After my little adventure with butane i'm never going to tolerate flint stones around me (got suspicious!) so i'm getting rid of those, being located in a remote area i've got to admit that's many. At least it seems i'm OKay with the Xikar "PuroFine" fuel, that's what i'm going to test in the Ronson Refillable when i get a chance, after i've purged it a couple times simply to lure luck on my side.

So far it's been not so bad, i'd conclude by writing that, m'yep: "one's mileage does vary"! - and now i've got a better idea how exactly.

-=*=-

Main Topic

So i find myself looking out for a Plan-A once more. I liked electricity but i was much more impressed with fire, too bad i can't stand butane even when i can't even detect its presence from the smell. Considering past observations on conditioning it seems i must pick a product that includes water in the picture somehow. Here's what i could find that corresponds best to that bong-specific feature, in the electric department:

A.P.E.
Aromed 4
Element
Heat Gun (+ adapter kit)
HerbalAire (i've already tried one)
7th Floor LSV
Volatizer M2
VripTech/VripMaster Magic/Heat Wands

One problem i have is that few of those have the puch it would take to qualify as "FLASH" (burst) vaporizers, which i believe would offer the advantage of concentrating aromatic release over a relatively brief period of time, to ease perceptions essentially. My HerbalAire had its strengths but that's not one of those, IMO; my modded VG felt much better in that area but i can't stand extended exposition to butane it turns out!

106.gif

Another problem on my mind is sturdiness: i've got a hate/love affair with glass really, it's perfect for reclaims but merciless when shocked... About preferences i'd favour "1 Hit" operation but balloon support would be a decisive advantage, direct portable inhalation a bonus - always with a form of water vapour humidification included in the bargain as an alternative. Last but not least, lets define the leading lines now:

• No Batteries and/or wires, tubing, glass accessories, etc.
  • No Combustion.
  • No Contamination and/or Dryness.
  • No Extensive Rituals (for example stirring when it's already tiresome).
  • No Parts which can Shatter in Sharp bits, or some other potential Safety hazards, evidently.
Other than that i'm not very selective, as far as the price tag won't be astronomical.

:peace:

Egzoset,
Reactions: satyrday

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Why not the Herborizer and the miniVAP? Or the Cloud? I'm curious about your choice of the element/aromed or VHW over these units.

I think a log vaporizer would suit you just fine, they are great with water and can be used dry if you prefer.

vorrange,
Reactions: ShipDit

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Well, with those units the cost can be prohibitive to those who are on a budget or simply have a hard time justifying such a large purchase for what is essentially a toking tool.

Egzo, have you seen the supreme vaporizer? I don't know if it would be considered a safety risk or not but it certainly covers your desire for "flash" vaporization. As well as bong use.

CentiZen,
Reactions: momatik

satyrday

Hello Egzoset. One of your challenges is that you want no dryness but also no glass. Perhaps some kind of acrylic water attachment?

I'll assume you strongly prefer portability, but if that's not the case please say.

I'm going to ignore your "no batteries" clause for a moment and ask you to consider an Arizer Solo on 7 for instant head change. Perhaps mated with some kind of water pipe using all non-glass attachments (if that's possible - somebody else can help here).

I just watched this last night and found the last few minutes hilarious - and very instructive! You can't say this guy is not getting big hits:
(by the way, I have no affiliation with him - just came across it on youtube)

Sorry for ignoring a lot of your requirements. If no batteries or wires or fire are all strong requirements, then I'm drawing a blank.

satyrday,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Vorrange,
Salutations Satyrday,

Why not...

a) « ...the Cloud... »
b) « ...the Herborizer... »
c) « ...the miniVAP... »

I've sorted them out in alphebitical order!...
5.gif

In the 1st case it's because there's glass inside (am i paradoxal here or am i not?)!! Yet that's the main reason, thinking there's going to be cold water + hot glass in close proximity. Somehow i have concerns about this but that's not the only issue on my mind anyway. The Herborizer looks marvelous but i want to use that thing, not to show it off... Same reaction relatively to the miniVap: that's a niche above the budget i consider; my HerbalAire lasted about 25 months and it cost me 310 - 315 $ as i recall, the next candidate should compete with that - and win on the long run. Do you believe this is too restrictive?

In addition, none of the devices mentioned right above will attach to a basic water accessory:

M'yeah, that one! Basic indeed, but i'd rather have ZERO bong or else, to be exact! My VG didn't require one initially, it's an alternative added by me to address intolerance issues (instead of moisturization).

65.gif

I wish there were no wires, no batteries and no fire necessary... A heat wand similar to the Herb Iron, for example, but no electrical cord and with with more puch in reserve while that would need to be a thermostatic design, to avoid combustion (a main item on my short list of criterias as defined initially)...

I'm curious about your choice of the element/aromed or VHW over these units.

It's not by choice at all, i'd pick induction if i could but i'm a bit early for this one i guess!

10.gif

I think a log vaporizer would suit you just fine, they are great with water and can be used dry if you prefer.

But there's a wire and it's more in the range of 20 Watts than 200 or better.

Perhaps some kind of acrylic water attachment?

It's a piece of synthetic (teflon) material which extends my VG pipe, i'm not overly worried if the material remains safe under operating conditions.

3.gif

I'll assume you strongly prefer portability...

Since that's a huge difficulty in the present situation i wouldn't really insist over it.

I just watched this last night... ...on youtube

Nicely done except for two aspects: a) no light beam to reveal the clouds better; b) Loading happens before the transition at 10:41 (not shown!)...

2.gif

Sorry for ignoring a lot of your requirements

There's no need at all, i know my criterias don't correspond to anything real. It's a vague set of shapes with things i like in common, hard to be more specific!

If no batteries or wires or fire are all strong requirements then I'm drawing a blank.

Well, i believe my mother and hers before her time did use to depend on an iron (litterally) heated on top of a wood stove for straightening up some pieces of clothing, but that's theory and you're quite right about your last diagnostic, of course: there's got to be electricity or fire in the equation somewhere!

satyrday

Nicely done except for two aspects: a) no light beam to reveal the clouds better; b) Loading happens before the transition at 10:41 (not shown!)...
Yes, the loading would be good to see. I think he doesn't show the bud because he shows his face - legalities. I'm sure other Solo owners will attest to its power, and there are other reviews available that show more details if you're interested.

Well, i believe my mother and hers before her time did use to depend on an iron (litterally) heated on top of a wood stove for straightening up some pieces of clothing, but that's theory and you're quite right about your last diagnostic, of course: there's got to be electricity or fire in the equation somewhere!
Fire in the belly.

Yes, you'll have to give on one or the other. It will be an interesting challenge finding where to compromise.

Hopefully you get some more input. I'm a rank amateur compared to some of the geezers around here!

satyrday,

Egzoset

Banned
Hi again ,

...he doesn't show the bud because he shows his face - legalities.

Same impression here, i wasn't infering the video session has been aranged. Only, seeing dry herb being installed and then vaporized would have seemed a natural requirement to me. On another hand it's not always that easy to make videos for someone who's alone and has to focus on so many things, etc.

Relatively to the Arizer Solo, it turns out i got 3 glass stems at home which i acquired to fit on my HA, as a matter of fact... It wouldn't be irrational to want to try that product; i'd just need to resume my reading starting from page 125 or so i guess.

...you'll have to give on one or the other. It will be an interesting challenge finding where to compromise.

Sure, no matter how long i browse through my collection of photographs (210+) no candidate arises above the crowd very clearly... Here an additional hint in the meantime:

I like how the 7th Floor LSV layout is shaped, for example, in itself it doesn't look brittle but i could as well prefer an HA v2.2 that will fit a GonG apparatus in a suitable manner too.

I'm a rank amateur compared to some of the geezers around here!

Sometimes i prefer the pleasure of dealing with people with a fresh perspective, i'm surprized to find these are the ones i want to read at times and i don't feel being a guru with lots of credentials myself.

Egzoset,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I would never buy a vaporizer to show it off.. i mentioned those three because they fit your requirements, at least some of them.

You can buy the herborizer injector without the glass tube or sphere, and it will be 260€, ~300USD.

And the miniVAP can easily be atached to some of that tubing you use as well, and will most likely be the most accident resistant in that price range. I understand it's not the HA's price range but you get what you pay for, and for what i've seen it's worth it.
But, if that is out of the question because of budget constraints, then the LSV must be the next best thing in terms of best price/durability/vapor quality compared to the others you mentioned.

I don't understand why you don't like log vapes.. power is not really an accurate measure of the quality of the vaporizer.. :shrug:

It seems you preferably want a portable that pairs well with water, using no wires and no fire and no battery.. have you considered the hammer? There are small and big bowl tubes, and now there is a gong tube as well. It works with butane but no flame, and it has the FLASH vaporization you talked in the OP.

For a DiY project.. have you considered a butane powered soldering iron with a SSV HC like the hakko mod?

vorrange,
Reactions: Egzoset

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Vorrange,

I would never buy a vaporizer to show it off..

Well, on a second thought maybe i would! Because it's no fun having something that's not mainstream and/or doesn't happen to be accessible to the average budget.

...if that is out of the question because of budget constraints...

The HerbalAire was OKay at 12.50 $ CAD per month, i'd be curious to see a tabloïd allowing comparisons.

...the LSV must be the next best thing...

But slow & dry, correct?... Which is why i've searched for this kind of "wand" format, since if it must be A.C. powered then i'd most likely want it to replace fire in a compatible manner: should that wand fail me it would be convenient being able to revert to butane. Now, do you think this may be possible with any similar product in existance?? I may be asking too much - or looking for more modding!...

39.gif

I don't understand why you don't like log vapes..

It may not show but i've already expressed my enthousiasm for the EV2's future, does that count?

5.gif

...power is not really an accurate measure of the quality of the vaporizer..

That shouldn't be the only criteria but yet i've made it one taking care to explain why i think it's important.

Have you considered the hammer?

Euh... aHummm... All right, i'll spit it out:

jfet0w.jpg

...and it has the FLASH vaporization...

Ah! Please don't stop the music: i'm all ears now!...
105.gif

For a DiY project.. have you considered a butane powered soldering iron with a SSV HC like the hakko mod?

To me it's a lesser hassle simply to attempt to imagine something based on The Hammer, as you can see... What about a hollow cylinder made of sintered-ceramic with a shape adjusted to match existing tubing (for easy insertion/retrieval)?... A few drops of water should suffice, IMO. But i might not want to try this with cold water on hot glass!

Egzoset,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
The HerbalAire was OKay at 12.50 $ CAD per month, i'd be curious to see a tabloïd allowing comparisons.

But slow & dry, correct?... Which is why i've searched for this kind of "wand" format, since if it must be A.C. powered then i'd most likely want it to replace fire in a compatible manner: should that wand fail me it would be convenient being able to revert to butane. Now, do you think this may be possible with any similar product in existance?? I may be asking too much - or looking for more modding!...

To me it's a lesser hassle simply to attempt to imagine something based on The Hammer, as you can see... What about a hollow cylinder made of sintered-ceramic with a shape adjusted to match existing tubing (for easy insertion/retrieval)?... A few drops of water should suffice, IMO. But i might not want to try this with cold water on hot glass!

The MV at 470€, will be 25CAD/month if you consider the 2-year warranty.. i dunno how much is the price in the US retailer, but i'm thinking it will be lower, like 20CAD/month but i might be wrong since i can't remember the US prices.

The LSV can be used dry but is unanimously prefered used with a wpa than with the glass wand.

And about the EV-2, i still don't understand why you don't like logs.. i'm assuming you want something more powerfull, but in all honesty, i had a dabuddha and prefered my logs because of efficiency and ease of use.. i did not miss the big rips although they are welcome from time to time.
I'm thinking you're assuming you want more power.. but the logs have enough power.
The most i can grant you is, some would like a bigger bowl.. and i can relate to that.

I did not understand why you would go to such modding when you can use a gong stem with your hammer. Wouldn't it be simpler this way? And, what are the advantages of your mod compared to a hammer+bong?

Egzoset

Banned
Hi again Vorrange,

I'm thinking you're assuming you want more power..

It's correct to do so, in part because i suppose that perhaps electricity wouldn't feel so dry if it worked so fast moisture wouldn't get a chance to leave the bowl before the rest. I'm betting dry vapour vaporizers aren't necessarily all equal at that level.

...logs have enough power.

In that case i'm confident the HerbalAire has too, its casing is just made of synthetics instead of wood.

3.gif

...some would like a bigger bowl..

Different bowl sizes would be a bonus but 125 mg seems fine in my pipe.

I did not understand why you would go to such modding when you can use a gong stem...

Lotus offers such a thing, VaporGenie doesn't as far as i know. My pipe extension provides eye contact which allowed me to start climbing the learning curve. It works and i realize i don't need that much power to obtain satisfying results: there's a void between electricity and fire which calls for future improvements, IMO, and i'm hoping some manufacturers will get closer to it, eventually.

Ideally i would have wanted my cannabic path to be much shorter but teflon and PVC tubing was readily available and the flexibility they made possible proved helpful at the time, especially in the begining when i didn't know what to expect for sure. When on the move or just vaping in my veranda there's no water accessory so i need that extension tubing to operate the VG. Someday i might be able to use a standard model but i begin to doubt i'd even want to.

Have you considered just using medibles?

Yes. :nod:

My VG ABV is going to be much better, so should the outcome - which definitely means yes!

Egzoset,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I don't think it has anything to do with power... it's about temperature and airflow. Power is a means to an end, in this particular case, higher power usually means a more powerfull elements, not a better extraction.

If you feel the vapour is too dry, i suggest low temps and water filtration but you already know that.

vorrange,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Satyrday,

I've been getting inspired about The Hammer recently:

i2iv0g.jpg
(3rd-party accessories for The Hammer)

I'd need 2 of those, well almost actually: one to attach a balloon, another to connect my HA (aquarium) pump on the opposite side. What would you think the aroma & taste could be like in a bag filled in a matter of seconds instead of minutes?...

Egzoset,

satyrday

Salutations Satyrday,

I've been getting inspired about The Hammer recently:

i2iv0g.jpg
(3rd-party accessories for The Hammer)

I'd need 2 of those, well almost actually: one to attach a balloon, another to connect my HA (aquarium) pump on the opposite side. What would you think the aroma & taste could be like in a bag filled in a matter of seconds instead of minutes?...

Greetings Egzoset. Another interesting application!

If you mastered the temperature I think it could very well be delicious.

One snag might be that in order to get it hot enough to blast a balloon, you would have to fire the torch for a minute or longer, and it would get pretty smelly during that time. Not sure how your allergies would respond to that. I fire mine up where I have a strong ventilation fan, but even so I still smell it.

satyrday,
Reactions: Egzoset

Egzoset

Banned
Hi again Satyrday,
Salutations CentiZen,

...you would have to fire the torch for a minute or longer...

As i recall a genuine HA bag could last 7 minutes, 3 after i started to buy mine at the local grocery... I guess though that YMMV...

3.gif

Not sure how your allergies would respond to that.

If operated in the verada with proper ventilation there should be no concern the way it's evolving so far, moreover i'd have the option to leave The Hammer behind and only carry a bag with me, but considering the size would probably happen to be limited i might as well empty it there... I get the impression Bic's miniTronic are less irritating, well at least they work nicely and simplify my ritual as result. Maybe it can be managed somehow...

:science:

I fire mine up where I have a strong ventilation fan, but even so I still smell it.

Hummm... Then perhaps a bag might really become useful on occasions, another interesting application indeed!

Egzo, have you seen the supreme vaporizer?

I have, the problem is it was about to go out of business the last time i visited their dedicated forum if i'm memory serves me well. The metal heat-exchanger certainly gets my preference over one made of glass in terms of relative sturdiness. Unfortunately that product had an LCD display which has been said to fail in consequence to the heat, no? Convince the manufacturer to offer a new version with a beeper or a LED instead and i'll wait, at least for a while, but i'm not going to sneeze anymore when we reach this summer's peak i hope!

ADDENDUM:

The hypothetic TH inlet humidifier might use a slogan like that:
« Treat your cannabic vapour with the 5th Element: LOVE, it's perfect!! »

How would that sound for this sort of appendice?...
15.gif

Egzoset,

satyrday

Maintaining correct temperature on a highly analog device like the Hammer or the Vapor Genie is a balancing act of applying the torch judiciously, and varying draw speed & draw length. Without the aid of the tongue to help determine desired heat and flavor, it might require too much Jedi mastering of the elements to fill the insensate bag to your culinary standards. But perhaps it is an art you were meant to master? Also, holding the Hammer trigger for the length of time required in normal use can be tiring. To fill a bag could become too too much, but perhaps you could rig something there also?

I can see this entering the realm of "extensive rituals". Would it all become too complex for enjoyment?

Egzoset

Banned
Hi Satyrday,

I can see this entering the realm of "extensive rituals".

That's an important aspect but still an optional one. I'd see this more like something to experiment with than to rely on every day...

:science:

Well i like the Vapo-Bowl/VapoStar bowl tops being made of METAL but i'd much prefer having a full-blow heat-exchanger as that of the Supreme or even my 2-stones modded VG solution, but then i'd need a water accessory while a humidifying cartridge for The Hammer would preserve pre-existing portability in this later product and yet provide conditioned cannabic vapour.

GnOme, VapoStar or VapoCane all come with glass. If i could live with that i'd know where to go. The Vapo-Bowl used to be available in a full-metal version but i'd have to trust it's concept while i keep in mind that i felt necessary to moddify my VaporGenie 3 times before i could consider that as fully satisfactory. The original VG concept is OKay for most people, i suppose, but i had to cheat or i'd never have been able to enjoy it the way i wanted.

So these last few days i've cut 3 to 5 bowls daily (since i'm about done with my VG experimentation) and my nose seems to thank me for that. Also it might be interesting to try another vaporizer using another cannabis batch.

Egzoset,

satyrday

Good day Egzoset.

...or even my 2-stones modded VG solution
2 stones to increase thermal mass and reduce inhaled torch time - excellent. I imagine the heavy heat curve can get a little wild - quite a tail flapping on that beast. That's one I may have to pursue.

...to ensure that i'm not becoming allergic to weed
God forbid. Figure your way around that one 'til the bitter end. But it is a factor to control.

Edit:
You could also try some lower temp vaping. Won't get the instant release you like, but according to my mileage, gentler on the system.

satyrday,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Enchantre,
Hi there Satyrday!

Have you looked at the new Herbalizer?

No but it's going to be some nice reading to have, though it looks like a flattened V-Tower to me.

Among the list of candidates retained in the initial post i realize the HerbalAire is the only one not to require additional accessories by default. Considering there's a Happy Vary with digital control/display i might as well want to include that brand/model besides the HA - but they're both electric and i'd expect the HV to be about as slow as the HA... So, if an unbreakable water tool could be used then it should help to multiply possibilities.

A Heat Gun would have the puch, at the cost of other conveniences such as direct inhalation (for aroma/taste sampling missions) i guess. Thinking of wires and such i might as well prefer to look closer at the flying-saucer style Herbalizer... That one is halogen (300 Watts), after all, and its better shaped than an Aromed in any case - but it's "new", maybe too new avtually - AND - that's quite a challenge trying to find the best set of trade-offs which i can stand best really, especially at 12.50 $ CAD per day or less!...

2 stones to increase thermal mass and reduce inhaled torch time - excellent.

Considering i'm not going to attempt an other major modding experiment you can infer i've found my comfort zone with the VG heat-exchanger system at last. Inhalation time went down far enough while i can still handle corresponding delays, i'm still charring once in a while but i'm confident i can adjust and improve!

Next my need for eye contact using the extension tubing will have to be addressed, this could mean the selection of a different VG layout though - and under the present conditions that's an expense i can hardly justify, not knowing what the benefits could be...

106.gif

Not to mention i have little interest in ventures which a reader can't emulate relatively easily.

I imagine the heavy heat curve can get a little wild - quite a tail flapping on that beast.

Now that i've removed 2 mm to the larger heat-diffuser puck it's no longer possible for me to evaluate the original VG concept without buying a 3rd VG pipe, this means i'm stuck with that strategy and shall try to live with it consequently. If i can judge from my preliminary results then i'm ready to bet it won't be a problem, it's only normal in this "analog" concept that benefit should come at a price: great vaping but there's going to be dark remains left behind if/when i overheat...

Egzoset,

satyrday

VaporBlunt 2.0 is one you could easily modify for your input-humidifier concept. The PonG goes on the side that normally has the stir cap. Just connect the PonG to your humidifier apparatus, and then inhale from the side with the mouthpiece attachment.

The VB2 reaches a high heat range - up to 470F/243C I believe. It has the power to vape oils at the higher settings, so should allow for some fast release of flower actives.

This is a battery-powered alternative.

satyrday,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Satyrday,

VaporBlunt 2.0... ...for your input-humidifier...

Nice find!! Actually any powerful with both inlet AND outlet connector systems should be at least considered.

41.gif

It has the power to vape oils at the higher settings, so should allow for some fast release of flower actives.

It's sounding even better, to bad it won't go as hich as 277 °C - but what vaporizer does???
3.gif

This is a battery-powered alternative.

That's one reson why i'll contemplate the view and wait for a little while longer relatively to this specific product.

Egzoset,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom