DDave Mod for SSV/ DBV/ LSV

AJS

Calm Consistency
@DDave
Thank you so much for the explanation!
Ended up purchasing the mini-wand with the metered m2m! So stoked! :rockon:
LaWanda gunna kick even more ass now...well...just my ass.
Is the shipping average about a week? I can't wait for it to arrive haha.

Thanks again!

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
@DDave
Thank you so much for the explanation!
Ended up purchasing the mini-wand with the metered m2m! So stoked! :rockon:
LaWanda gunna kick even more ass now...well...just my ass.
Is the shipping average about a week? I can't wait for it to arrive haha.

Thanks again!
@AJS

LaWanda should have company very soon! :nod:

Dropping kit off at USPS shortly and label says 2-day shipping (I don't think Sunday counts, but it will be with you before you know it).

:rockon:

AJS

Calm Consistency
Dropping kit off at USPS shortly and label says 2-day shipping (I don't think Sunday counts, but it will be with you before you know it).
Can't believe you got my order out so fast, very kind of you!
The shipping said it would arrive a week from today, but after checking the tracking, it's already in my city. I should have it tomorrow *fingers crossed*. Amazing, despite Sunday and MLK Day, it still arrived here incredibly fast...and all because you decided to ship it out in a more than professional and timely manner. Thank you again! I've had 2 domed screens pop out of place today and splash my herb everywhere without getting my second hit. Tomorrow can't come sooner!!

Thank you very much again,
AJ

p.s. review and possible vid will be coming ;)

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Can't believe you got my order out so fast, very kind of you!
The shipping said it would arrive a week from today, but after checking the tracking, it's already in my city. I should have it tomorrow *fingers crossed*. Amazing, despite Sunday and MLK Day, it still arrived here incredibly fast...and all because you decided to ship it out in a more than professional and timely manner. Thank you again! I've had 2 domed screens pop out of place today and splash my herb everywhere without getting my second hit. Tomorrow can't come sooner!!

Thank you very much again,
AJ

p.s. review and possible vid will be coming ;)
@AJS
Thanks for the update and kind words!

One thing I hated about being an eBay buyer myself was buying something and then waiting (and waiting and waiting...) for something to ship!

Will always do what I can to ship by fastest (and reliable) means!

Look forward to your review and vid! :rockon:

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Just got my kit in and have been using it all night with the ssv...it's great! I don't know where he gets these dinky 14mm basket screens, but they are the shit! I am getting two good hits and one finishing hit off each dinky bowl. And these bowls are no more than 3/4 of a PD stem bowl, @lwien ! If you think you've got a 7th floor product down efficiency wise, I dare you to take the Ddave challenge!

Please understand what this product is designed to do. It doesn't get you just as high off less material, unless you were using too much to begin with, which is a common complaint of the SSV. What it does is allow you to use a minuscule amount of herb and still get full extraction with satisfying hits. I'm about to go in there and use the full size wand to get plastered, but I will by using this mod more than the stock stuff because I value efficiency and the power that dosing gives you in this quest. Plus, dosing allows you to ward off the tolerance monster. I think anyone but growers ought to have this mod in their arsenal...well done @DDave !

lwien

Hey Sticks. Currently I'm using a basket (don't know if it's the Q basket or the MV basket) inserted into an 18MM M2M atop a D020-D. Been working great for me but I never finish the whole basket. For me, 3 hits is about it, so I save what's left in the basket for later. I can typically get 3 sessions (3 hits per session out of one basket. Is the mod you mentioned above that much different and worth getting versus what I am currently using?

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Hey Sticks. Currently I'm using a basket (don't know if it's the Q basket or the MV basket) inserted into an 18MM M2M atop a D020-D. Been working great for me but I never finish the whole basket. For me, 3 hits is about it, so I save what's left in the basket for later. I can typically get 3 sessions (3 hits per session out of one basket. Is the mod you mentioned above that much different and worth getting versus what I am currently using?

I think so, if he can set you up with the mini baskets that work with a 14mm wand and reducer. That basket is awesome and really directs all the hot air through this little bit of bud. It's literally the smallest load I've ever seen, and I can run through it in two to three hits. I think it was made for you! You will need a 18mm to 14mm m2m adapter, his baskets and a 18mm/14mm reducer to mate with the lsv. Imagine the basket you are using now, only small enough to fit into a 14mm joint.

AJS

Calm Consistency
@lwien
I got my lsv kit today and I was using an Arizer Air basket in an 18mm m2m on top a d020d as well. The smaller GonG he provides with the metered airflow is much better compared to what we're using! The airflow doesn't dull down the flavor and it milks much more due to the decreased airflow. The whole process of removing screens is just a breeze. I never used the Q baskets...just the Air, so I cant compare.

I'm still fine tuning my temp, as even 15 minutes on the dial can make a huge difference. It's hard to experiment, as 2 of these basket bowls get me pretty damn good. It's hard to perfect the balance between taste and milk, but I'll find it.

Was 90% finished with this when I ended up falling asleep...:rockon:

I'm enjoying the whip way more than I ever thought I would. It's too smelly so I can't use it all the time, but when I can, it's soooo laid back and you can just puff on a whip for like 10 minutes.

Very good experience over all, thanks again!

AJS

Calm Consistency
@DDave
Loving the mod still! Can't get enough of it!
Question!
Is the stem screen supposed to let in air around the sides of the screen? The screen fits snug, but when I plug my finger of it and pull there is still some air coming in. I would imagine, if this is on purpose, that the reason is to allow for cooler direct hits. Correct? I'm just curious so I can accommodate if this isn't normal.

Also, is there any fool-proof way to clean the smell from whips? I imagine a lot of people on this thread have used whips or have switched to whips after this kit, so maybe people can shed some light on that for me.
I used to have an MFLB and would clean the whip with iso, but after some research recently I found that soap and water is known to be better? I tried that after using my whip for a few days with the LSV and it seems to have made a greater difference than when I used to only use iso with my mflb whip.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
@AJS

@DDave
Loving the mod still! Can't get enough of it!

:Rockon: Glad to hear this!

Question!
Is the stem screen supposed to let in air around the sides of the screen? The screen fits snug, but when I plug my finger of it and pull there is still some air coming in. I would imagine, if this is on purpose, that the reason is to allow for cooler direct hits. Correct? I'm just curious so I can accommodate if this isn't normal.
When having the screens made, chose to go for the tightest fit possible. I hate loose screens! With use, your screen will settle in and that little bit of air passing will lessen to next to nothing.

You are not losing heat or performance by this, as the sides of the baskets are mesh too. If as mall amount of air passes from your vape around the outside of the basket rim and into the wand, the air and heat will still pass through the outside of the basket mesh to your herbs in the basket as well.

Also, is there any fool-proof way to clean the smell from whips? I imagine a lot of people on this thread have used whips or have switched to whips after this kit, so maybe people can shed some light on that for me.
I used to have an MFLB and would clean the whip with iso, but after some research recently I found that soap and water is known to be better? I tried that after using my whip for a few days with the LSV and it seems to have made a greater difference than when I used to only use iso with my mflb whip.
I've seen this discussed quite a bit. Some use ISO in a quick shake in the whip tubing, others hot soapy water. You know, I've just thought of something that I've never tried. Boiling it.

I am going to go try this now and will report back the effect on the tubing. Before testing, I would believe the resin and oils would float to the top of boiling water and could be poured off before extracting the tubing. Also, being high temp tubing, boiling temp should not affect it.

But don't try this on yours till I report back. Am going to go do this now as it may aid everyone with "high temp whip woes".... (Hmmm. say that 5 times fast and I ended up sounding like Elmer Fudd!... sorry, got off on a humorous tangent!) Back in a bit.

EDIT: I'm back. 5 Minute Boiling test was a success! No impact to the whip tubing. And I ended up with no smell!

So advise the following process:
Take dirty whip tube, and use rolling pin technique to initially squeeze out material in whip tube.
Next, get enough water boiling to submerge whip tube. Have tongs available to hold hose under water as it will move around.

Boil, rinse, repeat as necessary.

Oh, and get crafty! In the boiling water, maybe add lemon/lime juice if you want to add smell to the hose. Otherwise, end up with fresh hose without smell...

:rockin:

Last edited:

Biggkatt714

Is it possible to just get the 14 mm mini mod? I would like to have it for my personal use and use the stock wand for entertaining.

Biggkatt714,
Reactions: DDave

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Is it possible to just get the 14 mm mini mod? I would like to have it for my personal use and use the stock wand for entertaining.
Absolutely...***correction, dang, answered with wrong mod.

If you are previous buyer of original SSV/DBV mod, I can list an upgrade kit.

Otherwise, Micro mod is available in this listing... http://www.ebay.com/itm/121865311376?

Biggkatt714

Unfortunately, I didn't order the original and all I want is the micro mod. I may order the set once I'm in my new place (divorce is cutting into my funds atm)

Thank you for your speedy reply.

Biggkatt714,

AJS

Calm Consistency
EDIT: I'm back. 5 Minute Boiling test was a success! No impact to the whip tubing. And I ended up with no smell!

Very cool! I have a public kitchen, so I'll boil my water in that kitchen then bring it back to my room to submerge the whip. Will try after a few uses and soap rinses to make comparisons of what works best.
Thanks for the testing! Might add some soap and lemon squeeze to the water, cool tip.

Even after two days of use, the whip is still enough to make my room give off a slight smell even with the whip in a laptop case in a drawer.
Damn silicone and physics and science and shit. haha

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Very cool! I have a public kitchen, so I'll boil my water in that kitchen then bring it back to my room to submerge the whip. Will try after a few uses and soap rinses to make comparisons of what works best.
Thanks for the testing! Might add some soap and lemon squeeze to the water, cool tip.

Even after two days of use, the whip is still enough to make my room give off a slight smell even with the whip in a laptop case in a drawer.
Damn silicone and physics and science and shit. haha
No problem, love the testing aspect of vaping... unfortunately, this testing didn't involve the sacred herb.

Other than that, was looking for a reason to toss a kitchen pot that I rather dislike, but unfortunately the test affected neither the whip tubing nor the pot! haha! It's all good.

zor

I got the micro mod the other day, it works perfectly. I echo @stickstones' experience, I was amazed at how much vapor I got out of so little, excellent flavor, and all in one nice hit. Perfect!! The only trouble I will have now is deciding when to use either of the two mods :p

boon

Wait, are you guys using DBV/SSVs without whips?

My current SSV setup is the GG heater cover with a 45° m2m 14/18mm like this and a j-hook (18mm with a mflb reducer)

i'd like a ddave kit but UE shipping cost is too expensive so i use a EQ screen to let solo screen near the heater( like ddave mod)

boon

Last edited:
boon,
Reactions: NorVape

AJS

Calm Consistency
There's something I would like to bring to the attention of @DDave and consumers, assuming it is not already known.

When using the Metered M2M in bubblers like the GB-187 and possibly my D020-D which will be arriving in a few days (will let you know), the side handle on the M2M makes contact with the glass of the GB-187 before the M2M can make a seal. This means that instead of sitting in the Female, it is actually resting on that side handle. This can be remedied by making a non-symmetrical M2M that has the Handle a little higher on one of the ends, allowing for the other end to be used with Bubblers like the GB-187. Or...making the M2M a little taller, which would effect the performance you tried ever so hard to make, so not the best option.

When using my friend's GB-187, I'm forced to use silicone on the bottom end of the M2M in order to raise it up enough that the handle doesn't sit on the glass. Obviously...I'd seriously prefer not to use silicone. If the side handle doesn't touch my D020-D, I won't have any issues, but I won't know until Monday, and it will still be an issue for others.

Until then, if this wasn't already brought to your attention, I think it would be cool if you'd consider making some M2Ms without the side handle, or a higher one, or something else I'm not thinking of, in order to make this adapter work with every bubbler.

Very worst case scenario, I'll buy a Male to Female to stick on my bubbler than I can stick my Metered M2M in...but that's just more glass than I want to be honest.

AJS,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
There's something I would like to bring to the attention of @DDave and consumers, assuming it is not already known.

When using the Metered M2M in bubblers like the GB-187 and possibly my D020-D which will be arriving in a few days (will let you know), the side handle on the M2M makes contact with the glass of the GB-187 before the M2M can make a seal. This means that instead of sitting in the Female, it is actually resting on that side handle. This can be remedied by making a non-symmetrical M2M that has the Handle a little higher on one of the ends, allowing for the other end to be used with Bubblers like the GB-187. Or...making the M2M a little taller, which would effect the performance you tried ever so hard to make, so not the best option.

When using my friend's GB-187, I'm forced to use silicone on the bottom end of the M2M in order to raise it up enough that the handle doesn't sit on the glass. Obviously...I'd seriously prefer not to use silicone. If the side handle doesn't touch my D020-D, I won't have any issues, but I won't know until Monday, and it will still be an issue for others.

Until then, if this wasn't already brought to your attention, I think it would be cool if you'd consider making some M2Ms without the side handle, or a higher one, or something else I'm not thinking of, in order to make this adapter work with every bubbler.

Very worst case scenario, I'll buy a Male to Female to stick on my bubbler than I can stick my Metered M2M in...but that's just more glass than I want to be honest.
Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Checked the GB-187 and that is the deepest inset female connection I've ever seen in a pipe.

I will see about an offset handle on next replenishment event.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Checked the GB-187 and that is the deepest inset female connection I've ever seen in a pipe.
Ha, yeah, it's ridiculously deep. Unfortunately though, It's widely used here, and they shouldn't be excluded! haha. Thank you for considering them :)

AJS,

AJS

Calm Consistency
@DDave
My D020-D just arrived.
Mod doesn't fit, same as the gb-187.
Not horrible, as I can fix it with silicone, but definitely still disappointing.
Watchu think.

AJS,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
@DDave
My D020-D just arrived.
Mod doesn't fit, same as the gb-187.
Not horrible, as I can fix it with silicone, but definitely still disappointing.
Watchu think.
Spoke to my glass guy and he can definitely whip up a batch without the handle.

When I tested, my pipe was this config...
rcy8-1-800x800.jpg

Next restock is gonna be a split of diff adapters for sure!

Top Bottom