DDave Mod for SSV/ DBV/ LSV

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
This thread has been quiet for over a year and I just received @DDave version 3 of the mod with the concentration chamber so I figured I would chime in. When I first saw the 14mm wand with the tiny basket screens I thought it was kinda silly, thinking how many hits can I actually get out of this, is it worth bothering with being such a small amount? well, of all the items received, the 14mm wand seems to be the smoothest of them all and I am astounded with how many really solid hits you can get from such a tiny amount of material placed in the basket.

the concentration chamber is also amazing, been using dry herb only, using no metal screens, just the glass screens in there with the tiny holes,

I have been using the DBV lately as others have as a log vape and holding the DaBuddha in my hands and drawing directly from the glass without the tubing. Some of the smoothest tastiest vapor I have ever experienced. All glass vapor is the way to go!!!

Bravo to @DDave for another brilliant mod.

AWESOME!!!!!
Thanks for the feedback and glad you're liking the 14mm pieces!

You've got the short V3 stem with the concentration chamber.... I'm thinking about a 14mm glass filtered stem as well, that will be 120mm long. Thoughts?

RushVaporTrails

A 14mm glass filtered stem would be cool for those who are using the DBV as a log vape, a little more distance from your mouth to the vape itself.

I think built in glass screens work really well, i had some concerns about air flow through the little holes but airflow seems just fine and the cleaning process is much easier than basket screens.

And @DDave , your customer service is just as outstanding as the mods you offer and that makes all of this a complete joy so thanks for all you do.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I made a mistake and forgot what thread I was commenting on. I didn't mean to advertise someone else's stuff on a thread dedicated to a specific vendor.

Once I realized what I did, I edited this post to reflect that mistake.

My apologies.

Last edited:
Ramahs,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
A 14mm glass filtered stem would be cool for those who are using the DBV as a log vape, a little more distance from your mouth to the vape itself.

I think built in glass screens work really well, i had some concerns about air flow through the little holes but airflow seems just fine and the cleaning process is much easier than basket screens.

And @DDave , your customer service is just as outstanding as the mods you offer and that makes all of this a complete joy so thanks for all you do.

Thanks @RushVaporTrails , glad to hear you're liking the mod!

14mm Glass Filtered wand is being made as I type this. (Watch the website on 4/20 for a similar piece announcement for the EQ.)

A similar piece for the DBV/SSV in 14mm is in the works.

Valo500

I wished this worked on a spherical cover! It would be nice to use both without changing the cover though. Maybe a drop-in glass adapter for a screen in the spherical wand or something?

Valo500,
Wish I could say my experience was the same as you all. I purchased a order from him on Jan 2nd and I have not seen any shipping information, nor has he responded to my messages since then.

I am emailing him at ddavemod@gmail.com without any response.

Ddave my order # is 1935832403

I've reported this case to PayPal and I am working to get my money refunded.

Before I was hopeful that he would see this and respond but after thinking it over I would much rather request a refund and work from there.

10 days to not respond to a paying customer is unacceptable, if you can not fulfill the order then quit replenishing your website.
Even though I got my EQ kit, I also got a bulk message from ddavemods.com advising of delays due to lack of inventory of 18m wands that used metal screens.

If it was a mass
emailing maybe it landed in your junk folder?

Either way the site has mention of inventory issues and out of stock on the kit i got which seems to have same wand.

Authrom

Even though I got my EQ kit, I also got a bulk message from ddavemods.com advising of delays due to lack of inventory of 18m wands that used metal screens.

If it was a mass
emailing maybe it landed in your junk folder?

Either way the site has mention of inventory issues and out of stock on the kit i got which seems to have same wand.
Hello, I finally got ahold of him. He mentioned the bulk email but I never received it. Perhaps it went to junk but unfortunately I purged the junk folder before I knew about the email so I can't check.

Everything is good now, not sure why the post was deleted because it was a valid issue but I do appreciate your response and ddave for responding as well!

Authrom,
Reactions: arb
I recently received the Ddave mod kit for the SSV, added an Old Head 3mm ruby package and ended up with a very high quality heat transfer. Effects are similar to the Old Head Hot Rod output. Couldn’t be more pleased!

I’m hoping to find a convenient way to set up the LSV. A real challenge!

Will someone post, or (re-post), the Ddave LSV Mod-kit hooked up in a wp configuration?

Thanks

Out of here,

howie105

I recently received the Ddave mod kit for the SSV, added an Old Head 3mm ruby package and ended up with a very high quality heat transfer. Effects are similar to the Old Head Hot Rod output. Couldn’t be more pleased!

I’m hoping to find a convenient way to set up the LSV. A real challenge!

Will someone post, or (re-post), the Ddave LSV Mod-kit hooked up in a wp configuration?

Thanks
I used a flat screen over the air inlet and secured it with high temp, food safe silicone adhesive. Then I filled the heater cover with various balls (boro, rubies, titanium) to see which type I liked best. To seal the bowl I used an additions screen to lock everything in place. After trying different numbers of balls of the various types I went back to no balls because I like the way the wide open air path worked best. Good Luck

Top Bottom