Davinci by Karma

vaporiza

I agree with that, this seems a common experience with owners. My guess is it's tied up in the fact that there's three cells in series in the battery? I don't know of any other vape with more than two. I can see if one of the three was lower than the others, 'eternal charging' could happen. Over a dozen cycles or more that should disappear.....as it seems to do for most guys.

FWIW I find the little gauge crude (few steps) and unstable (you 'loose a bar' with heater cycling.....), a guideline at best sometimes.

Best wishes.

OF

Yes i also have this unstablet "loose bar"

thanks for all advices

vaporiza,
Reactions: OF

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
what's the difference? im not saying you're wrong, i just wanna know if there is or not..
The freezer freezes things. The fridge just keeps them cold.

Yes, I got an A+ in Physics...

But I believe C No Ego stated it well:

"it freezes and busts the trichomes off of the plant surface but would otherwise preserve the herb long term. if you plan to make bubble hash then the freezer is an invaluable asset but every day storage is better in a cool dark low humidity environment kept above freezing temps."

Last edited:
WildChild,

KidFated.

Unknown Member
The freezer freezes things. The fridge just keeps them cold.

Yes, I got an A+ in Physics...

But I believe C No Ego stated it well:

"it freezes and busts the trichomes off of the plant surface but would otherwise preserve the herb long term. if you plan to make bubble hash then the freezer is an invaluable asset but every day storage is better in a cool dark low humidity environment kept above freezing temps."
but wouldn't both take ambient moisture out just the same?

KidFated.,

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Well, I keep mine in glass jars in the fridge and the moisture I may lose seems negligible. This would be done AFTER the herb was naturally dried and cured, of course.

Unless I am mistaken, dry herb vapes MUCH better than moist herb anyway.

Edit: I misunderstood what you were saying. Your intention WAS to remove moisture...

Last edited:

OF

No. Ever hear of 'refrigerator burn'? Not only does freezing break cell walls (making it easier to get to the good stuff in some cases) but you can 'freeze dry' your bud on the side that makes your beer get too stiff to pour.

One common drying technique is to put the jar (closed) in the freezer, let the condensate freeze to it, dump the bud out, quickly warm and dry the jar before returning it to the box for the next treatment.

Use 'freezer burn', not avoid it.

THC itself doesn't seem to degrade too fast when cool, dark, and dry. There have been jars of hash recovered from 2000 year old wrecks in the Med that 'still retained their potency'. A guys gotta wonder what test they might have performed in the field to determine that...... But like all complex stuff, THC will degrade slower at lower temperatures.

FWIW I sore eatables in the refrigerator (or freezer for longer times) but keep the bud in a cool, dark, dry place elsewhere. No claim on being ideal, but it works for me.

Nope.

OF

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
No. Ever hear of 'refrigerator burn'? Not only does freezing break cell walls (making it easier to get to the good stuff in some cases) but you can 'freeze dry' your bud on the side that makes your beer get too stiff to pour.

One common drying technique is to put the jar (closed) in the freezer, let the condensate freeze to it, dump the bud out, quickly warm and dry the jar before returning it to the box for the next treatment.

Use 'freezer burn', not avoid it.

THC itself doesn't seem to degrade too fast when cool, dark, and dry. There have been jars of hash recovered from 2000 year old wrecks in the Med that 'still retained their potency'. A guys gotta wonder what test they might have performed in the field to determine that...... But like all complex stuff, THC will degrade slower at lower temperatures.

FWIW I sore eatables in the refrigerator (or freezer for longer times) but keep the bud in a cool, dark, dry place elsewhere. No claim on being ideal, but it works for me.

Nope.

OF
Well there you have it. Thanks, OF...I always learn something with each visit.

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Damn stalkers.....nobody's safe anymore.....

OF
Greetings, OF

I realize that I have asked this a couple of times already...and maybe there isn't a solution...but I figured you would know:

Has anyone come up with a PNP 'bullet' like solution for the Da Vinci? I never tried the oil cans with flowers as I heard they were useless for that. I'm just looking for a way to keep the heating chamber really clean.

Promise not to ask again here. :horse:

WildChild,

OF

Greetings, OF

I realize that I have asked this a couple of times already...and maybe there isn't a solution...but I figured you would know:

Has anyone come up with a PNP 'bullet' like solution for the Da Vinci? I never tried the oil cans with flowers as I heard they were useless for that. I'm just looking for a way to keep the heating chamber really clean.

Promise not to ask again here. :horse:

Sorry, nothing to offer. Whatever it is will have to be very low thermal mass, there's not a lot of heat to spare in there......

Also, first models (like mine) are more limited in what you can get in past the opened top?

Remember, you promised......

OF

OF,

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Sorry, nothing to offer. Whatever it is will have to be very low thermal mass, there's not a lot of heat to spare in there......

HaAlso, first models (like mine) are more limited in what you can get in past the opened top?

Remember, you promised......

OF
Ha! And I will certainly keep my word.

I have a better understanding now...thank you, OF.

WildChild,

PierceLaw

I guess the people (including me) who use the oil cans with buds don't read this thread that often anymore; otherwise, someone would have answered you sooner.

Anyway, I use the oil cans with buds for the same reason as you mentioned. I also place a spare screen inside the can to help prevent leakage, using the blunt end of a felt pen that just fits inside the can to push the screen flush against the bottom.

Personally, I grind the buds as fine as possible before placing it loosely (not compacting it too much) inside the can. I also use an unbent paper clip to poke a hole through the middle of the packed can to create an air channel.

Maybe you can get better airflow and more vapour from placing the buds directly into the heating chamber, but I wouldn't know because I've never actually done that before--and I've never felt compelled to because I've had no problem getting the effects that I want from using the oil cans.

I also suspect that there's some combustion going on inside the can. I always get some small amount of what looks like black (or maybe it's just a really dark brown) particulates after emptying the can, but perhaps this is normal, with or without the can? This is the first vapourizer that I've ever owned, so I don't know if some amount of combustion is inevitable no matter which vapourizer you use. I'm not maxing out the temperature, either--it's usually at 190-195 C (or 374-383 F). I guess I can try lowering the temperature, but I'm a creature of habit and it's not big enough of a deal for me to change things (or maybe I'm just mistaken about the combustion thing).

Last edited:

C No Ego

I guess the people (including me) who use the oil cans with buds don't read this thread that often anymore; otherwise, someone would have answered you sooner.

Anyway, I use the oil cans with buds for the same reason as you mentioned. I also place a spare screen inside the can to help prevent leakage, using the blunt end of a felt pen that just fits inside the can to push the screen flush against the bottom.

Personally, I grind the buds as fine as possible before placing it loosely (not compacting it too much) inside the can. I also use an unbent paper clip to poke a hole through the middle of the packed can to create an air channel.

Maybe you can get better airflow and more vapour from placing the buds directly into the heating chamber, but I wouldn't know because I've never actually done that before--and I've never felt compelled to because I've had no problem getting the effects that I want from using the oil cans.

I also suspect that there's some combustion going on inside the can. I always get some small amount of what looks like black (or maybe it's just a really dark brown) particulates after emptying the can, but perhaps this is normal, with or without the can? This is the first vapourizer that I've ever owned, so I don't know if some amount of combustion is inevitable no matter which vapourizer you use. I'm not maxing out the temperature, either--it's usually at 190-195 C (or 374-383 F). I guess I can try lowering the temperature, but I'm a creature of habit and it's not big enough of a deal for me to change things (or maybe I'm just mistaken about the combustion thing).

if you got combustion you would know it. the taste would be very burnt and you would be blowing smoke. I always just use the herb chamber in the da vinci to put the herbs in and have combusted a few times from letting it sit to long before taking the next pull while the unit is maxed out. I think a particle could have landed in the heater zone below the herb chamber and then I pulled it lit back up through into the chamber, that was nasty smoke for sure( i smoke a j, pipe, bowl every now and then and like it but in the da vinci it is gross and unmistakable if it combusts).

C No Ego,
Reactions: PierceLaw

OF

I also suspect that there's some combustion going on inside the can. I always get some small amount of what looks like black (or maybe it's just a really dark brown) particulates after emptying the can, but perhaps this is normal, with or without the can?

I get it that 'conventional wisdom' is black is proof of combustion, but that's just not the case. Black is lots of carbon (after the other stuff is 'boiled off'). Charcoal or the Barbie is black because it's wood products heated without oxygen so it doesn't burn. No combustion because the Boy Scout "fire triangle" had plenty of heat and fuel but no oxygen. Had there been combustion (enough oxygen to support the chemical reaction) the carbon would have been one of the chemicals that burned out (producing CO2). You'd have gray ash like in the Barbie.....after it actually combusts.

Black is proof that widespread combustion did not happen. Gray ash is. Black just means stuff got hot. No chemical reaction, no combustion.

Combustion is exothermic, it releases heat. Evaporation is endothermic, it uses up heat. Evaporation puts fires out (why water works so well for the guys with the funny suits, very loud big red trucks, and spotted dog). Light a cherry and it gets hotter as you pull. Drop the power on your DV and the fun stops.

No combustion here, citizens.......

OF

PierceLaw

Thanks for the answers, guys.

I do occasionally see a whiff of visible white "smoke" coming out of the mouth piece. Excuse the naïveté, but what exactly is that?

PierceLaw,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
To add to OF's post it does taste burnt when that happens which leads you to think it is combustion but my guess is it is close. I haven't never done it in the DV but have done it in other vapes. To me it tastes almost as vile as a joint from what I remember.

C No Ego

To add to OF's post it does taste burnt when that happens which leads you to think it is combustion but my guess is it is close. I haven't never done it in the DV but have done it in other vapes. To me it tastes almost as vile as a joint from what I remember.

there is a burnt taste from high heated material at the end of the session but the burnt hair type taste from combusting in a vape is way worse than a joint IMO. a joint tastes good at the beginning at least, not so much as it nears the halfway point and closer to the roach though.

C No Ego,

C No Ego

I've vaped exclusively for months at a time and have great respect and enjoyment for the art but still have really good lungs, don't smoke cigs eat healthy etc... but still enjoy a smoke ( the simplicity of it) every now and then with friends are out on a walk. the smoke smell sticks afterwards( the smoke but brings back memories). comparing smoke from a vape device that is not meant to smoke to a joint is quite distinguishable between the two in the quality,taste of the smoke. plus if you combust with a vape by accident it is not like smoking where you expect it and it hits you even worse, yuck. I say yuck to any smoking but every now and then still works for me.

C No Ego,
Reactions: ataxian

GeekyGodiva

Happy Hairy Herbal Faerie
Thanks for the answers, guys.

I do occasionally see a whiff of visible white "smoke" coming out of the mouth piece. Excuse the naïveté, but what exactly is that?
Hey! that is vapor being produced by the ambient heat in the chamber. You see the mechanism for the DV is "passive heat" meaning you have to draw the heated air through the chamber via lung power, but when you stop inhaling there is heat already accumulating in the oven and will continue to produce a trickle of vapor.

If you are concerned about losing vapor between draws, I found that a Camel Back nipple fits perfectly over the black rubber tip of the DV provided straw. Pick one up on Amazon, or somewhere and slip it over the mouthpiece and it will contain any excess vapor between draws. I used to keep it on there all the time until my straw disassembled itself. Now it doesn't fit. >.< It worked like a charm though, you just had to gently bite the nipple to open the vapor path.

Top Bottom