David Goldstein's Fritted Disc

HiDiesel

I just ordered a full size tube from David. I asked him nicely if he would make me a full convertible w the (what he calls 6 star base), I called it a rooster foot base and a blue frit.

Either way he said he didn't usually make the tall piece with that base but he would.The next day the roosterapparatus.com site went up and he mentioned he would make the bases available w the 'rooster foot'. DG seemed real chill and was telling me jokes. Also had some real insight to the bubble stacking that was really intricate.

It should be here by middle of next week and ill share pics and vid of how it stacks. I bought a charcoal filter for it from my local headshop so i wouldn't be worried about getting it dirty although it seems really easy to clean.

Anyone use a charcoal filter w good success?

*This is the base I'm referring to.. http://aqualabtechnologies.com/scie...12-straight-with-fritted-disc-perc-12643.html

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
here is what the cloud looks like on my can. i will prolly get some custom angled adapters for this combo.

p7195733.jpg
Be careful with "La Torre de Pizza" :) lol
IMO a custom made female to females 18 Y adapter will help you a lot.
But, you'll need to get something to hold the base of your Cock to avoid tilting it :) lol

Zangano Cruel,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Hi guys! Just catching up, with the thread.

Been on a long hiatus. Lot of interesting developments and new members to! How refreshing!

Peace.

I just ordered a full size tube from David. I asked him nicely if he would make me a full convertible w the (what he calls 6 star base), I called it a rooster foot base and a blue frit.

Either way he said he didn't usually make the tall piece with that base but he would.The next day the roosterapparatus.com site went up and he mentioned he would make the bases available w the 'rooster foot'. DG seemed real chill and was telling me jokes. Also had some real insight to the bubble stacking that was really intricate.

It should be here by middle of next week and ill share pics and vid of how it stacks. I bought a charcoal filter for it from my local headshop so i wouldn't be worried about getting it dirty although it seems really easy to clean.

Anyone use a charcoal filter w good success?

*This is the base I'm referring to.. http://aqualabtechnologies.com/scie...12-straight-with-fritted-disc-perc-12643.html

Cool! Glad you had such a good experience. Welcome to the board!

How'd you hear about the forum? Always nice to see new people.

You brought up a charcoal filter? Do you combust in yours? Most of us, are vapor dudes (fuckcombustion.com, ya know). Though, some still have moments of weakness and light one up. I gave up combustion a while ago... lungs and med treatment has thanked me since.

The Rooster.

Glass Blower
Be careful with "La Torre de Pizza" :) lol
IMO a custom made female to females 18 Y adapter will help you a lot.
But, you'll need to get something to hold the base of your Cock to avoid tilting it :) lol
nice pic. Now that I see how it's in use, I can configure something that will accommodate you better.
You'll like it. Now question is, cloud is not in wide distribution? I've never seen one, but I don't look at stuff much. I will look for them at AGE. In them meantime, cloudies, please sound off where you are because it will probably be a sort of limited production basis thing.

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I have a Cloud on the way as I type this... they are just starting to be released to the public, were on pre-order for a while, and they have just started to launch full sales in limited runs, still tweaking the website too, so bear with them for a little while longer. You can catch up with what is currently happening with the cloud in this thread:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapexhale-cloud.5247/page-180
I have not read the entire thread, but started reading it a couple of weeks or so ago.

jambandphan03,
Clouds are still limited production. They are slowing changing that as they quit their day jobs and focus solely on the cloud. You can purchase them off the site now though. Only so many per day or something.

The Rooster.

Glass Blower
Clouds are still limited production. They are slowing changing that as they quit their day jobs and focus solely on the cloud. You can purchase them off the site now though. Only so many per day or something.
I can kind relate to that....you build a better mouse trap and they world beats a path to your door faster than trustworthy, competent staff do. I'm getting more product out the door since I have more help.

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
FWIW, the 16" convertible has been perfect with my Cloud. I rotate it right slightly so the unit is under my jaw, more or less, there is plenty of room for my taste. I am very happy. I might try to get a taller one with a different fritt next year (just for fun a "U of O" themed fritt since my Rooster lives in Duck country) but really I am quite satisfied :)

oregon-o.jpg

Thanks Rooster, and Go Ducks :peace:

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
FWIW, the 16" convertible has been perfect with my Cloud. I rotate it right slightly so the unit is under my jaw, more or less, there is plenty of room for my taste. I am very happy. I might try to get a taller one with a different fritt next year (just for fun a "U of O" themed fritt since my Rooster lives in Duck country) but really I am quite satisfied :)

oregon-o.jpg

Thanks Rooster, and Go Ducks :peace:
Get it glow in the dark!!! Go Ducksssss !!! :)

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
@BDV--Regarding your signature, Does this mean you're no longer against owning a David Goldstein piece?

I believe there used to be something in your sig, about never owning a David Goldstein tube/can.
Just curious what changed your mind?

Silver420Surfer,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
@BDV--Regarding your signature, Does this mean you're no longer against owning a David Goldstein piece?

I believe there used to be something in your sig, about never owning a David Goldstein tube/can.
Just curious what changed your mind?

It was a petty comment and unfit for my sense of fairness and ultimately lacking honor. So I removed it.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: Puffers
nice pic. Now that I see how it's in use, I can configure something that will accommodate you better.
You'll like it. Now question is, cloud is not in wide distribution? I've never seen one, but I don't look at stuff much. I will look for them at AGE. In them meantime, cloudies, please sound off where you are because it will probably be a sort of limited production basis thing.
Sounding off here. They took my money 3 days ago, I hope its on its way.
It would be more than just the cloudies, the solo, most log vapes, and I'm sure more vapes get used in this same manner.
With that said, a DG FC edition sounds exciting.

placetime

It would be awesome if you made football uniforms like that. I've seen the Ducks in some wild uniforms, but this would be over the top!

Nice work, Jam. :cool:
:peace:
with that comment, *somebody's* gotta mention the '92 Lithuanian basketball team... :cool:

Sounding off here. They took my money 3 days ago, I hope its on its way.
It would be more than just the cloudies, the solo, most log vapes, and I'm sure more vapes get used in this same manner.
With that said, a DG FC edition sounds exciting.
I agree--it's important to note that not just the Cloud that gets used that way. The Solo and the various log vapes (Underdog, Hot Pod, Wychwood, Ceramic Rock Zap, Heat Island, Toasty Top, etc.) are the main ones, imho. There's gotta be (at least at this point) many many more log vapes and Solos out there than Clouds, right? And they all can do that "upside down" thing on bubblers (except for the Clouds used with the Hydratubes and the Rock Zap with the Zapbubbler).

Water pipes *designed for* vaporizers! :rockon:

HiDiesel

Hi guys! Just catching up, with the thread.

Been on a long hiatus. Lot of interesting developments and new members to! How refreshing!

Peace.

Cool! Glad you had such a good experience. Welcome to the board!

How'd you hear about the forum? Always nice to see new people.

You brought up a charcoal filter? Do you combust in yours? Most of us, are vapor dudes (fuckcombustion.com, ya know). Though, some still have moments of weakness and light one up. I gave up combustion a while ago... lungs and med treatment has thanked me since.

Thanks for the welcome. I've actually followed a few of the forums before and finally decided to make a user name. Yes I do combust and figured most on here still (occasionally at least). I vape all the time and currently use the extreme q which has worked well for me. I just like to combust, vape and dab. I'm sure ill eventually switch over completely to vape but for now im into all the options.

Anyone know where I can get an adapter to use my extreme q with my convertible?

HiDiesel,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
with that comment, *somebody's* gotta mention the '92 Lithuanian basketball team... :cool:

I agree--it's important to note that not just the Cloud that gets used that way. The Solo and the various log vapes (Underdog, Hot Pod, Wychwood, Ceramic Rock Zap, Heat Island, Toasty Top, etc.) are the main ones, imho. There's gotta be (at least at this point) many many more log vapes and Solos out there than Clouds, right? And they all can do that "upside down" thing on bubblers (except for the Clouds used with the Hydratubes and the Rock Zap with the Zapbubbler).

Water pipes *designed for* vaporizers! :rockon:

Don't forget the LSV from 7th Floor, VHW, which are probably the main ones used with water pipe.

Silver420Surfer,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
@rooster If you're thinking of making a more vaporizer specific style of fritter, would you still consider doing the bubbler-style mouthpiece coming out the back of the can towards the user? I think this would solve a lot of the problems with size of cans if it wasn't a problem in production (too expensive maybe) to do up. Having that extra couple inches of clearance so your head isnt directly over the piece will really help with vaporizers, and this way we can leave them on the table/counter while hitting it :D

The Rooster.

Glass Blower
@rooster If you're thinking of making a more vaporizer specific style of fritter, would you still consider doing the bubbler-style mouthpiece coming out the back of the can towards the user? I think this would solve a lot of the problems with size of cans if it wasn't a problem in production (too expensive maybe) to do up. Having that extra couple inches of clearance so your head isnt directly over the piece will really help with vaporizers, and this way we can leave them on the table/counter while hitting it :D

I dont see why I should do something so conventional and hard to clean when there is a better way to achieve the objective.

I don't care what you make. I'm sure it will be awesome! I just want a bigger can lol. I would like to see the glow in the dark style made taller with a bigger can. Keep the fritt the same size and taper out like you do just make it taller so you can have more area to milk! I have learned the water level now(I actually fill it just barely to the fritt) so I can milk them better I just prefer a little bit bigger. Which is why I order the convertible because I wanted more space lol. I know I'm not going to prefer the straight tube style but oh well.

VapeNStone,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?

i'm interested in one for my other vapes, i love hitting the cloud from the DG but the cloud is just too close to my face. but the HI is perfect :)

i would love to get a DG with female joint.

ilovebOObs,
Top Bottom