David Goldstein's Fritted Disc

jambandphan03

in flavor country
haha Puff-n-Stuff, South Houston, the head shop I grew up with :lol: it all comes full circle. It would be too funny to end up getting one from there, since they are made up here in OR, down to my old home town, and back to OR again... too much!

jambandphan03,
Reactions: ogcook

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Found this picture on the AquaLabTech post, of the individual fritted discs taken out of the tube for Goldstein.
They look...a lot different than the "scientific frits" I was seeing on the lab glass supply stores.
:hmm:
Coarser...maybe thats just what "grade 00" frits look like?
Those are little ones (pre-filters) you get that go under the dome to protect from stuff going in the tube when you are combusting. You just set it on top of the 24mm male joint and put the adapter over the top and then your slide.

Edit: Found this on a trademark registration site :):

logo-85507566.jpg

And one from his glass shop:
roostr200.gif

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
i would take one of those, shove it in a silicone hose, shove that over the end of a short downstem, boom mini frit downstem, would be badass if it worked great.

or take those to a blower and have them sunk into a big downstem :)

Xchadb,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Are they actually from a tube, or the little "screen" bits that come with the 24mm ones?

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that DG makes his own discs either.
They don't look like they would be that hard to knock out once you knew how to make them, and the larger ones can be pretty pricey... :shrug:

The cheapest 20mm ones I could find were $15ish.
I'd be surprised if they were giving away $45 worth of glass screens with every big tube.

EDIT:
1, 2, 3 posts popped up while I was typing that :lol:

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: ogcook

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
As stated, my DG fritted disk is 10 times much coarser then my herborizer slide fritted screen (which is much more like the sci. fritted disks I have seen here)!
DG's frit is necessary not to restrict too much the airflow IMO!

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
Found this picture on the AquaLabTech post, of the individual fritted discs taken out of the tube for Goldstein.
They look...a lot different than the "scientific frits" I was seeing on the lab glass supply stores.
:hmm:
Coarser...maybe thats just what "grade 00" frits look like?

FWaJm.png
i don't want to blow anyones bubble but you're right. This person had the most awesome idea. He saw a future of real scientific fritted discs onto this kind of perc and make it a pat pending, pretty smart.
Boro vs quartz. That's the main difference in scientific and D.Goldstein frits, IMO. And a whole lot of $$$$$$ as well. A QFD of about 2" I think runs around $80 alone online.

http://www.technicalglass.com/product_pages/fused_quartz_wool/fritted_discs.html

If you look at real Quartz Fritted Discs(QFD) and David's you'll see a big difference.

http://www.rayotek.com/techincal_info_glass_sapphire.htm

Specially in the small porosity range. My guess is, David's using like little glass leftovers and melting them to a point where's still some porosity to allow airflow, very very smart IMO, and very cheap instead of quartz IMO. Very well done.

Zangano Cruel

I had the pleasure to try/test all of them at NVS. The person in charge was very helpful and very very kind. Thanks again NVS!!!!!!! Nice nice glass shop if you have the chance to visit. Very good brands and priced reasonable for a retailer.
They are awesome bubbles machines. It's amazing the airflow in those things. I swear it's like a fizz, stronger even than a fizz, better even than a fizz.
But be careful, some ways of using it can lead to water fizz in you mouth. Actually you always feel like a tiny moist in your lips after pulling, even if you do it the right way. Seems it's the nature of the beast.
Even those cans, so small and the ratio can mouthpiece tube is so big and even then you feel the moist.
The key for this kind of glass, is water level and what kind of way you get the THC.

For combusting, IMO, there's better tools out there, with more water volume for taking away all the nastiness of tars,and etc etc, and not getting water in your mouth, combusted water sucks baddddd. IMO when I combust and I want to clean the glass, I tend to pull harder on my draw at the end of the bowl and when I take out the bowl/slide. A splash guard would be an option but not on the beauty and simplicity side of this amazing bubble machine, or you'll need to be really really careful when stoned not to pull too hard, fact that I find for myself kind of impossible :)

I never tried concentrates or oils through water tools, not my expertise, and not interested yet, but I would like to know what people think about it.

For vaping, (Solo owner, and whip/box vaporizer owner).
IMO, the Solo, even modified has a known restriction in airflow. I made some mods that I think made my Solo run pretty well in the airflow department, but still you feel a drag when you use any kind of water tool with it, that make you pull harder than, lets say a whip based vaporizer. I tried inline (7&12slits), 8 arm tree (3slitsxarm), showerheads (12&16slits), 12slit inline to 8 arm tree percs and so on with it.
So, my point here is,I see myself kind of spitting water after every time I clean the can/tube of vapor of one of these DV fritted percs.
So, I will like to know if some Solo owners out there have any of this pieces and their opinions on it using it. Water levels and so on.Thanks in advance.

No worries on the diffusion, IMO these water tools are here to stay for a long time, at least the fritted disc style percolators. It's an awesome idea, let's see doubles and triples and combinations now!!!!!
With caution I see myself with one of this pieces if I get nice reviews.
Well done DV!!!

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
NVS isnt emailing back, and i dont have a phone to call em with... my money is just sitting at waiting... anyone able to help out somehow?

xchadb@gmail.com

i did get in contact with josh about 2 days ago but he never replied, tried sending a few more emails, but no reply? i really want to order my DG asap so i can get it shipped asap :)

Xchadb,
The guy that emails is on vacation. I called the shop direct when I ordered. So IDK? Also they wanted a picture of your ID to verify your old enough, to which I picture messaged. So IDK about that either lol

VapeNStone,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
The guy that emails is on vacation. I called the shop direct when I ordered. So IDK? Also they wanted a picture of your ID to verify your old enough, to which I picture messaged. So IDK about that either lol
whats the number? i can txt msg them, and pic msg my id to them aswell

Xchadb,
I was just the owners cell phone. PM me and I could give you the details but even then IDK because he gave it to me and I doubt he wants me to be giving it out to everyone. Although your going to buy something so I doubt he cares. But, PM me and I'll give you the info.

VapeNStone,

Zangano Cruel

whats the number? i can txt msg them, and pic msg my id to them aswell
Hi there, yesterday, I guess it was one of the owners, told me he only has 1 of each cans and like 2 or 3 of the tubes left. He told me they sell like really fast, I believe him, because two other guys were looking at them as well.
I live 20 minutes from NVS, I'll be here if you need help, maybe I can pick it up and mail it to you if they get tricky with your ID or mailing other states. Good luck!!!

Maybe today I check David factory :)

Zangano Cruel,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
yeah i talked to them yesterday too, didn't have any colors i liked so i'm gonna wait till they get more inventory.

ilovebOObs,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
Hi there, yesterday, I guess it was one of the owners, told me he only has 1 of each cans and like 2 or 3 of the tubes left. He told me they sell like really fast, I believe him, because two other guys were looking at them as well.
I live 20 minutes from NVS, I'll be here if you need help, maybe I can pick it up and mail it to you if they get tricky with your ID or mailing other states. Good luck!!!
dude thanks so much for the offer really appreciate it...

i got his number thanks again vapenstone :) just put my order in should be shipping out soon :)

btw i have a solo and high flow stems in the mail now, so ill let u know how my drag and stackn experience adds up, im really curious these things are so new and unknown

not to mis-direct the thread but Xchad can you reiterate where you purchased these high flow stems for the solo?

Which tube are people using with their cloud size and tube? Also, do the different tubes stack differently even though they have the same perk? Thanks guys.

biojuggernaut,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
not to mis-direct the thread but Xchad can you reiterate where you purchased these high flow stems for the solo?

Which tube are people using with their cloud size and tube? Also, do the different tubes stack differently even though they have the same perk? Thanks guys.
planet vape, i think the 16 inch fits the cloud, tdub should know. they stack diff due to diff stemless joint sizes

Xchadb,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
dude thanks so much for the offer really appreciate it...

i got his number thanks again vapenstone :) just put my order in should be shipping out soon :)
Great job!!! Welcome to the Fritted Disc revolution! :tup:

Edit: I just have to say how amazed I am that my lungs are now no longer the limiting factor in my sessions. I am now free to medicate my pain as I need. The purity of this device is amazing.

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I just got a nice little care package in the mail :brow:

Expect a more thorough review and pics soon, vid to come as well :D

This thing is nice. It really does have its own unique fizz to it.
That describes both it's diffusion, and it's drag.
There's certainly a little bit of drag, marginally more than my matrix Bub, but it's by no means restricted.

Even though its conceptually quite close to my matrix disc, they hit nothing alike.

The fizz is really smooth and even. The water also seems to settle more gently when you stop pulling, which means less water will shoot up the downstem at the end of a hit.

I gave it a few water level tests, and I am very impressed.
Even with the water 1-2mm below the disc, it could grab enough water to stack about 1-2cm above the disc.
Water right to the disc gets it stacking halfway up the can, and a water level 1cm above the disc gets it stacking all the way to the top of the can.

It's a wee bit smaller than I was expecting, which was a nice surprise :)

I'm seriously considering getting one of the bigger tubes in the future :tup:

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Ok, that's not bad. Does it feel pretty balanced, since it has a tilted neck? How much does that one run pricewise?

jambandphan03,

Xchadb

@Brownglass
Glass Blower
Ok, that's not bad. Does it feel pretty balanced, since it has a tilted neck? How much does that one run pricewise?
well his is a proto, so closest thing to that one will be the worked micro nvs says its 10 inches and is 320 plus shippping

the proto neck placement and base are different, also the can looks a little more squished and fat? correct me if im wrong, i prefer the prototype and im SO JELLY :)

but im glad i got the big one, didnt wana get the small one then regret not getting the larger size down the road. plus i was on a budget :party:

17" 24mm convertible $350 -means you get female-female adapter+slide and screens
14" 24mm convertible $320
18" 18mm DI $250 - DI=direct Inject comes with vapor globe only
11" 18mm mini DI $290
10" 18mm micro colored frit $320
Shipping via FedEx $24

Xchadb,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
ah, thanks for that xchadb... you're probably right about the larger size, 10" is pretty small. :lol: $250 is a lot more reasonable for my price range too... 18" it will be then... once I can get it. I saw a phone # listed on the website, do they work through TxT mssg? I sent an email, but saw after the fact that they might not respond.

jambandphan03,
Top Bottom