Dani Fusion by Battery-free Ganz

Scary thing is 4 bowls and I'm like 2/10 now
Are you meaning the Dani Fusion here?

what kind of torch are you using with the Fusion?

I assume from your words that you are using half the bowl only on the Dani, but I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, sorry. I guess not.

Besides the Dani Fusion 2, which I don't own but find very appealing, now personally I'm more interested in the terpcicle (as an addition to my DV) than those others you point out, but it's just me... Bummer is that the terpcicle has been out of stock for months in the UK (and doesn't exist in the EU, where I live).

Thanks.

Last edited:
pequeñotío,
Reactions: Hms34

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
H o l y C o w!

I haven't been as enthusiastic about a vaporiser as this one for a
loooong time!
The Dani Fusion 2.0 really gets me in every aspect.
Heating it about 4x times allows 6-10 juicy hits, which makes even a
TinyMight 2 look a bit petty.
In terms of cap and heating, it was always 100% consistent.
The AVB is well browned, but not too dark. The terps come through fully
and the amount of vapour is more awesome and (much) more flavourful than
the Anvil ever was. A DynaVap with a full tank seems more like a
microdoser in comparison. Not nearly as tasty in flavour either. The
Armored Cap lags far behind - in terms of flavour and consistency.
It's not a one-heat-one-full-extraction device, but I never wanted that
either.
I love the ritual of working with a torch, letting the device rest
briefly and then play with it again. Especially with a Torch (whether
single or dual) it goes full throttle and leaves nothing unfulfilled.
Even after heating 4-5 times, the Stem gets ZERO hot or unpleasant to
touch. Sure, it's warm to the touch, but nothing that another would do
differently.
Especially the flavour, the juiciness of the hits, the feel incl. its
weight and the perceived (and machine-induced) value for me (!) leaves
nothing to be desired.

The draw feels still restrictive with AFC fully open but is very
pleasant to vape. With decreasing air supply, it naturally becomes more
of a "puffer than a pull-through", but I don't need that anyway.

10/10 points for BFG. Chapeau.

I got my first Bfg, a fusion 2, a week ago and I agree with the hype.
Tastes way better than dyna but not 100 convection, more 50/50, and vapor exhale is also superior, and I have not yet seen a hint of that black gunk I had with dyna. Roast is very uniform with ground load. Small whole nug is also vaped quite even (always little clearer in the inside near the stem)
I also get the screen deformed first time i put it it to the bottom and that deformation helped avoiding restriction as it isn’t flush with the bottom, but I am unable to switch back to half load.
Only way this isn’t an improvement For me coming from dyna is the weight (quite heavy and I have big hands) and the quantity of heat needed to vape.
My home made induction heater, based on @Pipes diy project, is able to heat it quite well but mine is a recessed button switch that is annoying to keep pressed so long (seemed not far from a minute) and after 3 loads heated twice/3 times each, it become warm, the whole aluminum case was warm, not hot but quite warm for the first time ever, so big torch will be for now.
The cooling of vapor is conservative, a heavy thick barrel/condenser chill the vapor while getting hot and less chilling. So a chain vaping session may become harsh if not chilled by water filtration.
Ps click on mine is audible and calibrated for a medium - light brown, but less loud than dyna. And is a single one. Inside the glass vial of my induction heater it was more difficult to hear.
Happy customer, happy life

General Disaster

A Country Member
I got my first Bfg, a fusion 2, a week ago and I agree with the hype.
Tastes way better than dyna but not 100 convection, more 50/50, and vapor exhale is also superior, and I have not yet seen a hint of that black gunk I had with dyna. Roast is very uniform with ground load. Small whole nug is also vaped quite even (always little clearer in the inside near the stem)
I also get the screen deformed first time i put it it to the bottom and that deformation helped avoiding restriction as it isn’t flush with the bottom, but I am unable to switch back to half load.
Only way this isn’t an improvement For me coming from dyna is the weight (quite heavy and I have big hands) and the quantity of heat needed to vape.
My home made induction heater, based on @Pipes diy project, is able to heat it quite well but mine is a recessed button switch that is annoying to keep pressed so long (seemed not far from a minute) and after 3 loads heated twice/3 times each, it become warm, the whole aluminum case was warm, not hot but quite warm for the first time ever, so big torch will be for now.
The cooling of vapor is conservative, a heavy thick barrel/condenser chill the vapor while getting hot and less chilling. So a chain vaping session may become harsh if not chilled by water filtration.
Ps click on mine is audible and calibrated for a medium - light brown, but less loud than dyna. And is a single one. Inside the glass vial of my induction heater it was more difficult to hear.
Happy customer, happy life

Mos' definitely not all convection! Same here, week or two, F2. I think all that metal in there is giving a good bit of conduction by the time it gets to temp. So I'm guessing the hotter the flame, the more convection biased and better flavour, the slower the heat-up, the more time for some conduction, giving a more roasty sedative effect, with poorer flavour (apparently, I can't taste the vapour hardly at all in any device).

I'm finding on the half-bowl setting (I assume it arrived this way because of the gap below the screen), that it's like 2 rips and done. Also, it isn't that consistent, especially when reheating a warm cap. It can be a bit light on the first heat, then right below the line by the 3rd heat.
If setting the screen frequently to change bowl size, if the money's ok, a Reload from Mad Heaters has screen setting tools to ease it in properly. Since these also have debowler, decapper, heatsink, separate avb and bud storage, even a small screwdriver! They do a very decent factory second for £37 or so, worth a look and excellent quality.

I was in two minds about the F2, but compared with my DV-M is blows it away imho. It has pluses and minuses but all in all a well designed and built device for the money, and I suspect better than spending the same on DV gear and accessories.

By the way, regards the button on your IH, could you not find something like a clockwork egg timer switch to replace the button. Something you can twist to the appropriate number of seconds, then it's winds back until zero and turns off the power? I don't do electronics etc. but I'm sure these are available. Just dunno if they'd be suitable. But it avoids timing circuits etc.

Last edited:

Hms34

Are you meaning the Dani Fusion here?

what kind of torch are you using with the Fusion?

I assume from your words that you are using half the bowl only on the Dani, but I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, sorry. I guess not.

Besides the Dani Fusion 2, which I don't own but find very appealing, now personally I'm more interested in the terpcicle (as an addition to my DV) than those others you point out, but it's just me... Bummer is that the terpcicle has been out of stock for months in the UK (and doesn't exist in the EU, where I live).

Thanks.
Using a single flame kitchen torch. Yes, Dani Fusion 2.0 here.

Hms34,
Reactions: dimmusp

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
So I'm guessing the hotter the flame, the more convection biased and better flavour, the slower the heat-up, the more time for some conduction
I agree, longer the load stays inside a hot oven without pulling on it the more the the heat will toast terps
btw radiation - like in real kitchen ovens -is the right term as the chamber is not in contact with the cap

General Disaster

A Country Member
I agree, longer the load stays inside a hot oven without pulling on it the more the the heat will toast terps
btw radiation - like in real kitchen ovens -is the right term as the chamber is not in contact with the cap
Ok, you're quite right - I used convection/conduction as that's what most people understand better.
To really be picky though, just to try an annoy and irritate everyone, it's actually a mixture of radiation and conduction and convection!
But to try and make much out of that in terms of controlling your hit and the type of extraction you get, it's just a wee bit pointless! 🤔🥴

Not to mention the fact those effects are not even straightforward in themselves. There's different levels of the three heat transfer methods at different times, from the moment the heating starts, and in different parts of the device. And the smallest change to the thing will possibly change it's behaviour quite a lot.

In the end, all that really matters for particular configuration of parts (i.e. a particular design and manufacture process) is how you heat it, and getting a non intellectual feel for it, using our subconscious mind mostly, will work 100 times better.
Funny really, it's almost sad that we can't do these things better in the ol' mushy computer!

General Disaster,
Reactions: Andreaerdna

gillesb2002

What is the difference between a short stem and a long stem. I already have a short one, if I take the v2 version I will have taken the long stem, but I'm afraid it won't be as good as the short one. Thank you in advance for your feedback.

gillesb2002,
Reactions: TedJones

General Disaster

A Country Member
What is the difference between a short stem and a long stem. I already have a short one, if I take the v2 version I will have taken the long stem, but I'm afraid it won't be as good as the short one. Thank you in advance for your feedback.
The short stem is a bit shorter than the long stem! 🤣🤣🤣

Sorry, I couldn't resist! Just ignore me!
What do you mean by not as good though?
Wood quality, finish etc? Cooling? Balance?

But as I understand, are they not the same fitting? 9mm from top of my head? (I don't mean it's 9mm away from the top of my head!!! 🙄😏).
Could you not swap and use as you choose if you get a long one this time? Am I being naïve?

TedJones

:DWhat is the difference between a short stem and a long stem. I already have a short one, if I take the v2 version I will have taken the long stem, but I'm afraid it won't be as good as the short one. Thank you in advance for your feedback.
Don’t think the wood stems have changed much .. here’s a side by side. Can get the longer without carb if you want. Like General said, basically just longer (almost twice)

gillesb2002

ce que je veux dire, c'est que j'ai la v1 et je l'adore. Tant au niveau de la saveur que de la vapeur, son seul point négatif est le tirage un peu trop serré à mon goût. Je prendrais la v2, et quitte à en avoir une autre, j'aurais pris la tige longue pour changer. Mais je ne voudrais pas être déçu par un court. Je voulais connaître la différence de vapeur et de saveur entre la tige longue et la tige courte.

gillesb2002,

General Disaster

A Country Member
ce que je veux dire, c'est que j'ai la v1 et je l'adore. Tant au niveau de la saveur que de la vapeur, son seul point négatif est le tirage un peu trop serré à mon goût. Je prendrais la v2, et quitte à en avoir une autre, j'aurais pris la tige longue pour changer. Mais je ne voudrais pas être déçu par un court. Je voulais connaître la différence de vapeur et de saveur entre la tige longue et la tige courte.

[Trans:] "What I mean is I have V1 and I love it. Both in terms of flavor and vapor, its only negative point is the draw a little too tight for my taste. I'd take the v2, and even if I had to get another one, I'd have taken the long stem to change. But I wouldn't want to be disappointed by a short. I wanted to know the difference in vapor and flavor between the long stem and the short stem."

Hope you don't mind me translating but I can't understand French! Hope I (ok, google translate, to be accurate) got it correct!

Personally I found the V2 a little on the tight side too, even with airflow on full. But then it's also very much a personal thing, so I just took it as that, how does one compare with another persons experience? Badly would be my guess.

But if I was you, I'd only be using one at a time, so I'd get the long stem so I could compare them at my leisure, and if one was better than the other, I'd just keep that other for emergencies!

Or, you may find one is better for back to backs or sessions (maybe the longer one can take more heat?), while the other is nicer for single big hits (or as close as can be managed)?

gillesb2002

sorry for the French, I posted the English translation but as I had the translation of the automatic pages on my phone, it didn't work.
you're right if I take 1 more I might as well take the long one, I can always change the stem.
did you take the short or the long way for v2?
did you already have v1? if yes is there a difference between v1 and v2?

General Disaster

A Country Member
sorry for the French, I posted the English translation but as I had the translation of the automatic pages on my phone, it didn't work.
you're right if I take 1 more I might as well take the long one, I can always change the stem.
did you take the short or the long way for v2?
did you already have v1? if yes is there a difference between v1 and v2?
Oh, I'm pretty new to this game to be honest, so I got the F2 since it'd had recently come out, and had the bigger bowl (better for my tolerance level), and generally opinions seemed to be the v2 was better than the v1, for the small extra cost. I went for the shorty, wasn't so keen on the metallic stem (personal taste only). The shorty v2 is a very nice little thing, and I'd judge it good value for the level of quality and design. Beats my DV-M by a mile (I'd given up on that one). I was very disappointed with the clicker. First one was only audible on cool down (no flame noise I guess), and I got it replaced (and excellent service from RecVapeS in the UK who had another with me in 24 hrs!).

Sadly, the replacement was only a little better, and it was only when I discovered I could see the click if I held the cap towards me so light reflected off the clicker in the hole. You can see it goes from flat to domed when it hits temperature. That was a huge step forward (not having a Wand) for me and made it useable, but still easy to combust. Also, oddly, I have to heat about 12 seconds past the click, while most report they need only about 4 seconds. But the v1 sounds more like my v2 in that sense. Go figure?

So I'm in two minds about it currently, but I don't feel ripped off, though I think those clickers may not be quite right yet? Maybe a bad batch came to UK? Who can say? Be interesting how I get on when I get a Wand (come on payday, hurry up! 🙂).

General Disaster

A Country Member
thank you for your response. I will probably take the wooden v2 with 1 long stem.
but I'm going to wait a little because I just got myself 1 vapman
Well the longer you can wait, the more you can consider it? They'll still be there for you! 🙂
Good luck and enjoy the vapman!

Yea worked out for me since I do like the shorty better with the fusion.
It is a pretty little thing. I didn't expect the wood to be so nicely finished!

General Disaster,

Duba

Accessory Maker
I am not sure but I saw a BFG logo on a ih in the background of a picture not sure if it was just a sticker on a different ih or something else the one I know what looks like is the Wand
BFG is working on a IH called the Flare but not available yet.

In the meantime, I'm sticking to the flame with very convincing results, here in comparison with the Anvil and the XL bowl (exactly the same size as the F2 bowl). RDL - 1 hitter

IMG-20240301-231330-255.jpg

leanpubpackage

BFG is working on a IH called the Flare but not available yet.

In the meantime, I'm sticking to the flame with very convincing results, here in comparison with the Anvil and the XL bowl (exactly the same size as the F2 bowl). RDL - 1 hitter

IMG-20240301-231330-255.jpg
is the clicker of 2.0 still quiet?

leanpubpackage,

slick

Has anyone heard of a release date for the bfg ih? I wanted to get a fusion but I didn't want to deal with a torch. And there have been mixed reviews with the fusion and ispire wand (which seems to be the reining ih).

slick,

Hms34

mine doesn't click loudly
My new cap doesn't always click after a couple of weeks. Also, it is strangely doing a 2nd click a few minutes later, like a Dynavap cool down click. I did manage to open the airflow a bit, by trial and error.

Without a click, it combusted yesterday am. Sadly, I'm using the Dyna M+ with a small bong more often now, just for the consistency.

Not sure an IH would help the cap issue.

Hms34,
  • Sad
Reactions: dimmusp

slick

By the way, regards the button on your IH, could you not find something like a clockwork egg timer switch to replace the button. Something you can twist to the appropriate number of seconds, then it's winds back until zero and turns off the power? I don't do electronics etc. but I'm sure these are available. Just dunno if they'd be suitable. But it avoids timing circuits etc.

I really love this idea! It's so repeatable, and repeatability is key to consistency. I also love the ease of "turn dial to number" instead of having to set the time digitally. It feels like a more organic input method.

Top Bottom