Daily GO TO sites, what are yours?

Purple-Days

I have a few, but this one is always interesting (to me).
34dhieo.jpg

SpaceWeather.com http://spaceweather.com/

The site is mostly about the Sun and it's current activity.

They also list NEOs and show some nice photography, again mostly solar related, but that includes some neat auroras
33mmnit.jpg

and other sky related things like noctilucent? clouds, or this wild subject
2ns88l5.jpg

http://www.quantum.at/research/quan...tanglement/entangled-photons-over-144-km.html

The Wikipedia article loses me in the first sentence...
"Quantum entanglement occurs when electrons, molecules even as large as "buckyballs", photons, etc., interact physically and then become separated; the type of interaction is such that each resulting member of a pair is properly described by the same quantum mechanical description (state), which is indefinite in terms of important factors such as position[1], momentum, spin, polarization, etc"

But, hey it's a fun site (to me).

List one of your daily Go To sites. :)

Purple-Days,

djonkoman

cool photo's
pics of stellar nebula's are often cool too(for example photo's made by hubbler, the hubler/hubbler(don't know of it's with 1 or 2) space telesco[e makes some beautifull pics)
I find that quantum entanglement bit not that hard to follow btw, did have to read it again but if you know some of the terms and the general ideas of the quantum stuff(I can nver keep quantum fysica and mechanica apart, I think it's called physics and mechanics in english) the red thread comes trough quickly
I was interested in the quantum stuff a while back(few years or so) and read a lot of the popular science articles about it(the articles in popular science magazines etc, not the 'real'/raw data and mathemathic specifics, maths isn't really my speciality)

djonkoman,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
After i check that my business website is still online, i hit Goggle News -- get lost in NYTimes for an hour or so, check FC to see what's new, and generally end up wandering around Wikipedia.

Hippie Dickie,

Purple-Days

The part that got me was " properly described" and , "which is indefinite in terms of important factors" used in the same sentence... I know it's math talk, but still gobbledygook to me.... :lol:

"As with Einstein, Schrdinger was dissatisfied with the concept of entanglement, because it seemed to violate the speed limit on the transmission of information implicit in the theory of relativity.[10] Einstein later famously derided entanglement as "spukhafte Fernwirkung"[11] or "spooky action at a distance".

Purple-Days,

weedemon

enthusiast
this forum,

tokin daily on youtube

todaysbigthing.com

yahoo news headlines are usually pretty good at sucking me in.

weedemon,

Purple-Days

Hey guys, stick a www. in front of, and a .com or .org etc. after... your suggestions and we will get a link. ;)

BTW isn't it interesting that they have sorta shown 'spooky action'?

+++

ps. Eddy, I'm sorta leary to go to mffwiggleer... I'll xplore the other two, pretty cool links. ;)

Purple-Days,

eddyfrancis

:lol: The name is pretty weird but rest assured muffwiggler is just a modular synthesizer forum. Some people over there do tend to have some :mental: personalities though.

eddyfrancis,

Purple-Days

Eddy, I have a friend, built me two very special stomps, who would probably LOVE that site. I will be sure to pass it along. I kicked one of his pedals today and Pammy smiled :)

Purple-Days,

djonkoman

Purple-Days said:
The part that got me was " properly described" and , "which is indefinite in terms of important factors" used in the same sentence... I know it's math talk, but still gobbledygook to me.... :lol:

"As with Einstein, Schrdinger was dissatisfied with the concept of entanglement, because it seemed to violate the speed limit on the transmission of information implicit in the theory of relativity.[10] Einstein later famously derided entanglement as "spukhafte Fernwirkung"[11] or "spooky action at a distance".

the indefinite is because quantum theories say that the smallest particles are indefinite untill there's an observer
so a particle can be at multiple places at once, only when you try to observe it it chooses it's definite place, speed etc (wich shrodinger himself, one of the leaders in the beginning of that field, thought was ridiculoys and to illustrate that he came up with a thoughtexperiment about a cat, if you don't know it look it up, it's interesting, shrodingers cat)

also logicl einstein doesn't agree with quantum entanglement... at this moment we have 2 major theories with respective areas in physics, the theory of relativity, created by einstein, wich describes the behaviour of the biggest things, the quantum stuff explains the smallest things, but both can't explain the other and don't go together
so one of the goals in physics is to find a theory that can explain both, and wich unifies as much as possible of the basic powers too(now we have 4, electricity and magnetism already went together for example, and there's also an interesting theory called 'the electric universe' wich unifies gravity and elektromagnetism and opposes the theory of relativity)

my daily sites:
some weedforums(among them this one)
reddit.com/r/todayilearned (interesting random facts)
failbook
notalwaysright.com
explosm.net/comics
foksuk.nl
thereifixedit.com

and often but not everyday, veetle.com

djonkoman,

Purple-Days

Aware of Schrodinger and his cat. Also Heisenberg, who seems to say you can't observe without affecting the observed. But these folks (the ones with the UV laser) seem to be doing it. Which is spooky. Well, at some point there has to be a Unified Field Theory, but I bet I never see the day.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid/ Stupid Deal Of The Day is one I also go to Charlie. Got a nice padded stool once, and recently replaced two guitar cords with Fender premiums at a great price. They actually sound better (better bass, my upper register is shot, but they are probably better at that too) but like most premium cords they are stiff. Usually the Stupid Deal is stupid, like today.

Purple-Days,
Top Bottom