Dabpress Rosin Plates

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
@Alexis welcome to the club! I hope you will reap the benefits of this solventless plant extract and come to love it as much as we have! Quite a few of us are pretty sensitive to vapor here so the smoothness is a huge reason to squish. I don't think you could go wrong with a Dabpress product, the service and value is top notch.

I actually find the bottle jack smoother than the one on my full blown shop press. The value here is super legit, and the Dabpress goodies are all awesome! I'm gonna be posting much more pics and thoughts, soon as I can get some proper squishables!

Bunny

Wow @dabpress you have been busy website looks great.and the stainless pump press looks a hit. I will update when I get better footage.

Glad to see you joined the club @Alexis you won’t regret it. The bottle jack press is nothing short of Amazing.
@invertedisdead im excited to see your results and technique.
I haven’t taken any worthwhile videos as I have been pressing on my own in a rush! Pressed up close to three grams from 10-14g of sun grown and 5g of Mephisto MBAP. really beautiful and all done in 15 minutes. 2 x 7g works a treat. @psychonaut I found I could collect the OG better this time as pressed at 230 on the PID rather than 220. I think I need a sheet of metal to freeze. Happy pressing everyone Organic dabs for the win

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
First press off the bottle jack press! Pre-pressed 3.5g of some Orange something strain from the dispensary. New pre press mold worked great, it uses a PVC sheet on the bottom instead of the metal bottom piece from the previous version, I like this, it seems less wobbly when pre-pressing!

220F on the PID for 3 minutes, directional folding used for terpene preservation.

HwBk7Yf.jpg

Reminds me a lot of the double tangie banana I was squishing a few months ago, got that tropical white widow myrcene thing going on!

I'll try and get a video soon! DIGGIN' this press!

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
:ugh: You mean Im gonna need to buy MORE presses? :| I thought this was all I will ever need??
Nobody ever told me you could get DPAS(?)!! :lol:

I probably should have said squish :lol: To need another press at this point would mean that you struck it big time and your whole block is bringing you their buds for pressing :o

invertedisdead said:
Quite a few of us are pretty sensitive to vapor here so the smoothness is a huge reason to squish.

Exactly, it's especially evident when you can vape a bowl of the same flowers you just pressed. I like a good flower rip now and then but rosin's my vape meds of choice for sure!

I haven’t taken any worthwhile videos as I have been pressing on my own in a rush! Pressed up close to three grams from 10-14g of sun grown and 5g of Mephisto MBAP. really beautiful and all done in 15 minutes. 2 x 7g works a treat. @psychonaut I found I could collect the OG better this time as pressed at 230 on the PID rather than 220. I think I need a sheet of metal to freeze. Happy pressing everyone Organic dabs for the win

I know all too well what it's like to get behind on pressing, glad to see that double filter run helped you get back on track :tup:

What I've found is the older the buds, the more stable the rosin. This may not be hard and fast but I believe it to be mostly dependant on the terpenes left in the buds. Early pressing of flower that have just finished drying, maybe 1-2 days in the jar, will have a much runnier rosin, terpene content is much higher, and I assume there possibly could be extra moisture still within the stems.

So for me, as a rule of thumb, I am pressing newly dried/early cured buds with a higher temps, and older buds at lower temps. There is a point of diminishing return, but that seems to even out the consistancy. With the newly dried being the runniest and the longest cured being the most shattery.

Also, my higher temp presses never autobudder, just doesn't seem to happen. Maybe one in a blue moon will do it but mostly it's presses set at PID 190-200F with nugs 2+ months in cure.

First press off the bottle jack press! Pre-pressed 3.5g of some Orange something strain from the dispensary. New pre press mold worked great, it uses a PVC sheet on the bottom instead of the metal bottom piece from the previous version, I like this, it seems less wobbly when pre-pressing!

220F on the PID for 3 minutes, directional folding used for terpene preservation.

HwBk7Yf.jpg

Nice squish! Did you run it without a filter? That rosin's color looks like what I've been pressing mosty :drool:

Fat colas @Bunny :nod: Love the dabpress in the background :rockon:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Exactly, it's especially evident when you can vape a bowl of the same flowers you just pressed. I like a good flower rip now and then but rosin's my vape meds of choice for sure!

Between my dab press and my dab rig I'm pretty much covered :lol: :nod:

Nice squish! Did you run it without a filter? That rosin's color looks like what I've been pressing mosty :drool:

:smug: yeah this one was bag-less, but I'm gonna bag the next squish to compare!

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Most of my autobudders happen within 2 days of pressing. Well cured buds seem to really sugar up to like a crystalline honey it's very pretty.

Heres DJC buds pressed at 190F on the PID for 2 mins, it buddered up while pressing. 90u filter

54yq9e.jpg

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@felon167inc how much are looking to press at once, flower or hash, and what is your budget? We have a lot of options available and more coming, perhaps something is in your budget?

As @Grifo mentioned,take a look at our bottle jack press dp-bj6t35

https://www.dabpress.com/collections/hydraulic-presses/products/dp-bj6t35-hydraulic-rosin-press-kit

There is a promo running until the end of the month, it includes a pre-press mold, 40x rosin filters, and bamboo dab tool kit. All you will need for pressing is parchment paper and buds.

Alexis

Okay friends. I have been playing around with tinypic but it keeps rotating my images on their side every time. So now I am using "imgbb" which seems to work, but I need more testing ( ;) ), so...

Can anyone gauge whether this would be any good for pressing rosin from?

I believe you call this "Fire" Stateside? :D ONLY 1 week I think. 10 weeks old today. Zoom in.:rockon:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
looking to press flower and pollen/hash

low budget.....

do these units work with my own normal bench vice?

Our smallest plate size of 3x3" 9 sq/in would be too large to use with a bench vise, perhaps it's possible with some custom rig to hold the plates in place. I would suggest hydraulic or pneumatic shop press for pairing with our plate kits, it'll give the best results.

Can anyone gauge whether this would be any good for pressing rosin from?
I believe you call this "Fire" Stateside? :D ONLY 1 week I think. 10 weeks old today. Zoom in.:rockon:

Yes those look good to me!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
looking to press flower and pollen/hash

low budget.....

do these units work with my own normal bench vice?

I used a bench vise setup for a while and they are pretty clunky for pressing rosin. Takes a long time to get the plates open. If you want a real rosin press you'll be hard pressed to find a better value than Dabpress. Otherwise you might as well just stick with a hair straightener, they work great for pressing small amounts. Not very durable though.

Alexis

Your flowers look amazing Alexis. I think they will squish just fine. And by that I mean AMAZING! You have some fun ahead of you.
Thank you, the photos don't do it justice. It really is incredible what we have after 10 weeks hard work on barely any fertiliser as Im allergic to practically all ferts. And all the buds are pretty uniformly developed and sized all over, fully open to light.

It has been so important to me our meds would be good to press, so its all a bit surreal atm with the Dabpress coming on wednesday. Still some hard work to come. Currently sheltered from rain, anxious to pass this and by Tues/Wednesday hot sun is back for days perfect!

Cant wait to start pressing, but all in good order. :)

The only thing needed to complete a DabPress set of plates is a simple and very inexpensive Harbor Freight A-Frame shop press. They retail for only $78 and Harbor Freight ALWAYS offers 20% off coupons so the final price is only $63. Pair this with a set of DabPress 3x3 or 3x5 plates and you have a 100% complete setup for as low as $262.00

I don't think you can get into ANYTHING for that price. Much less, something with the top quality PID unit DabPress uses and the FREE Shipping.... AND the free gifts.

$262...... for drippy, squeezy, yummy rosin.

image_25165.jpg

skube

There is a reflection but does this seem too much pressure? That's 4 grams give or take

I have a pony clamp,clamped in my vise and tighten it as much as I can.My 4g pucks are probably half that size.I don't just use the vise because I don't want to over do it.Also,not using a rosin bag.

skube

Ok.I finally broke down and bought some dabpress 2x4 rosin bags.I hate to admit it,but I had better results than without bags.I can press much more at a time.I did 8g.I have been using the dabpress round prepress.I only do 2.5g pucks,because any more than that the puck squishes out the edge.You kind of have to be careful with those small pucks.I have a jack with a gauge.For every 1000lbs of force,you get 1000psi at the puck.The psi changes as the puck squishes outward.

Top Bottom