Dabpress Rosin Plates

KhanAbyss

Unfortunately we had discontinued dp-bj3t33 pro as it wasn't selling over compared to dp-bj3t33. I inquired with the factory about any units and they said it's already sold out. Sorry about that! Our dp-bj3t33 is a single PID controller which heats both plates up to the same temperature.

Regarding the box, it's a plain brown carton usually packaged inside of an Amazon box, as we use Amazon warehousing for shipments in the US (even when purchased through www.dabpress.com)
Thank you @psychonaut
I got an email telling me the dp-bj3t33-pro is being replaced with the dp-bj4t35- pro .
So I guess that will be a 4 ton with 3x5 plates ?
Also do you know if it will be in a silver four spring drip tech frame like the bj3t33 or if it will be like the 6 ton ?
Thank you very much @psychonaut

Thank you @psychonaut
I got an email telling me the dp-bj3t33-pro is being replaced with the dp-bj4t35- pro .
Also do you know if it will be in a silver four spring drip tech frame like the bj3t33 or if it will be like the 6 ton ?
Also the time frame of when the new version will be up for sale .thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Thank you @psychonaut

Also the time frame of when the new version will be up for sale .thanks

No problem. I don't expect that press will be available for another 4-6 weeks, it all depends on when we sell out of our dp-bj3t33 unit. It will be in the same frame, just different plate size and tonnage jack.

Before you ask =) I don't have the price on that model, and hadn't planned on disclosing that unreleased unit here yet. So I'll post news on that press when the time comes like I do all our upcoming products. Keep an eye peeled here!

dron19

Love my dabpress!... super easy to use, pid is excellent too. I have the 10 ton unit bought off eBay refurbished. Looked like a new unit and came in a plain brown box. It will easily last as long as I want to own it.

KhanAbyss

No problem. I don't expect that press will be available for another 4-6 weeks, it all depends on when we sell out of our dp-bj3t33 unit. It will be in the same frame, just different plate size and tonnage jack.

Before you ask =) I don't have the price on that model, and hadn't planned on disclosing that unreleased unit here yet. So I'll post news on that press when the time comes like I do all our upcoming products. Keep an eye peeled here!
Oops.. Sorry @psychonaut , I didn't mean to spill the beans !

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
I have found a small problem with making my own rosin. When i went back to flower, it really does not taste that great anymore! I could see myself really cutting back on my flower usage.

However what to do with all those pucks? At the moment i have juat been putting them in a bottle of spirits. The bottle is getting full an i need another idea.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I have found a small problem with making my own rosin. When i went back to flower, it really does not taste that great anymore! I could see myself really cutting back on my flower usage.

However what to do with all those pucks? At the moment i have juat been putting them in a bottle of spirits. The bottle is getting full an i need another idea.

The best use I've found without a lot of steps and equipment is a 190 proof alcohol wash for about 30 mins in warmed alcohol (100-110F), then evaporate outdoors. Once evaporated, decarb the green oil then infuse into desired amount of coconut oil to fill cannacaps. The oil is really green and will impart that flavor into your foods so the cannacaps are a good way to avoid the taste and still get the meds.

You can also use a small slow cooker with the chips and just cover them with coconut oil then decarb/infuse in the slow cooker on your desired temperature. You can avoid using alcohol altogether using this method and it's faster since you don't have to evaporate.

BTW, I am very happy to hear of your problems with rosin, it seems to be the same for me too ;) I like that the rosin keeps the flavor of the flower a good bit, but you don't ever get that roasted/ABV taste so long as you take the right sized dabs at the right temperature! Always dankness :love:

Love my dabpress!... super easy to use, pid is excellent too. I have the 10 ton unit bought off eBay refurbished. Looked like a new unit and came in a plain brown box. It will easily last as long as I want to own it.

I am very happy to hear that! What pump did you end up pairing to your unit?

KhanAbyss

@psychonaut Do the dp-rp33 press plates come with the hole for the threaded rod to screw into the bottom plate for securing to press ?
Also , does anyone know how the dp-rp33 fits on an A-frame press ?
Like clearance between plates etc.
Thanks

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@psychonaut Do the dp-rp33 press plates come with the hole for the threaded rod to screw into the bottom plate for securing to press ?
Thanks

I don't believe the dp-rp33 has the threads on the bottom plate for mounting but I will double check with the factory.

Regarding A-frame shop presses, they have very little clearance IME, once all of the parts are put in place. I would look around for an H-frame press if you want clearance for a variety of plate sizes included caged setups.

dp-rp33 -
  • Top Platen Height: 2 3/8"
  • Bottom Platen Height: 1 1/8"
If you include the arbor plates on the worktable and bamboo insulation, the total height of closed platens would be around 5", I would look for a press with at least 7" clearance and that may be cutting it close.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Thanks

Our dp-rp33 doesn't have the threading for the plate mounting bracket, our 3x5" plates will be the smallest that the mounting bracket kit is compatible with. Apologies for that! If you use the bamboo insulator as well as the silicone mat that comes with the plates, you will have a stable bottom plate.

psychonaut,
Reactions: KhanAbyss

started@52

Hey guys, what’s the best way to press 7 grams of flower at once on 3x5 plates. What size bags and style?

Same question for pressing 14g at once.

I currently only have 2x4 bags and want to know if I should get some other sizes. Thanks.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Hey guys, what’s the best way to press 7 grams of flower at once on 3x5 plates. What size bags and style?

Same question for pressing 14g at once.

I currently only have 2x4 bags and want to know if I should get some other sizes. Thanks.

I would recommend our large cylinder pre-press mold dp-pm40r, or build your own using PVC pipe and a wooden dowel. Pair it with 2.5" wide filters and you can press 7-12g per puck, or 2x pucks side by side for 14-24g.

With your 2x4" bags you can also use a 30mm puck maker or use our pm30r / pm3015r, that'll make up to 7g pucks but sometimes it's a challenge depending on the variety. You can press 2x 3.5g pucks side by side as well by cutting the filter in half and using both sides of a single 2x4".

dron19

I would recommend our large cylinder pre-press mold dp-pm40r, or build your own using PVC pipe and a wooden dowel. Pair it with 2.5" wide filters and you can press 7-12g per puck, or 2x pucks side by side for 14-24g.

With your 2x4" bags you can also use a 30mm puck maker or use our pm30r / pm3015r, that'll make up to 7g pucks but sometimes it's a challenge depending on the variety. You can press 2x 3.5g pucks side by side as well by cutting the filter in half and using both sides of a single 2x4".

So you are advocating still making either one or two cylinders as opposed to making a block and laying it down (like 2x4x1.5” thick), right?

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
So you are advocating still making either one or two cylinders as opposed to making a block and laying it down (like 2x4x1.5” thick), right?

That's my preference for flower, I like to use more of the vertical space if possible so you end up using less tonnage since it's based on the surface area pressed not so much material amount loaded. Both methods work fine, and everyone seems to have their own preference.

You can do a test by hand stuffing the filters and see if you prefer one method over another, laying down flat vs upright (bottle tech)

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@psychonaut I’m getting the 2x4 SS cylinder but I’ve always wondered when is the rectangular prepress recommended? Are those for bigger plates in high tonnage presses? Thanks in advance, you’re always right there for all my random questions!

I usually recommend it to rosineers who will be pressing both hash and flower regularly since you can make some nice evenly packed hash slabs with dp-pm4007s. They can be pressed on 3x5 and larger plates, it takes around 3 tons of force to press out effectively using flower.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
My last press was a 15g bottletech puck, I burnt my little finger while cursing and stomping while getting it between the plates of my hr10t35v...I would say 12g or less per puck is better.:tup:
Still managed a 2.98g return, surfs up!
img_20191031_200614-jpg.14278

KhanAbyss

No worries my friend! I promise to let ya'll know where the products are at once we get close to release.
Hi @psychonaut
I know you cannot disclose company secrets , but since the dp bj3t33 is sold out , I am wondering if you have a "ballpark" estimate or price range for the 4 ton replacement. ?
I need to know if I should purchase a a 6 ton or wait for the new model . I would prefer the drip-tech style frame , and would kick myself if I bought the 6 ton , then the new model was around the same price .
Thank you for all of your help ,
J.

bellas

I’m thinking of buying dp-rp37. Mostly pressing bud.
I’m knew to pressing. I already own a 10-12 ton h frame press from harbor freight. My question is will this fit and will I need anything else besides filter bags? thank you for any feedback ideas pointers ect. I have read thru much of the thread but never having actually used a dabpress makes it difficult to understand all the differences.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Hi @psychonaut
I know you cannot disclose company secrets , but since the dp bj3t33 is sold out , I am wondering if you have a "ballpark" estimate or price range for the 4 ton replacement. ?
I need to know if I should purchase a a 6 ton or wait for the new model . I would prefer the drip-tech style frame , and would kick myself if I bought the 6 ton , then the new model was around the same price .
Thank you for all of your help ,
J.

I will let you know, hopefully this evening. The price we want to keep competitive in the starter press market so I expect it'll be closer to dp-bj3t33 price than dp-bj6t35. All of our hydraulic units with the exception of dp-hr10t35 stainless steel mini press are driptech capable.

I’m thinking of buying dp-rp37. Mostly pressing bud.
I’m knew to pressing. I already own a 10-12 ton h frame press from harbor freight. My question is will this fit and will I need anything else besides filter bags? thank you for any feedback ideas pointers ect. I have read thru much of the thread but never having actually used a dabpress makes it difficult to understand all the differences.

Thanks for your question, for sure dp-rp37 will fit on the 12-ton harbor freight H-frame press. Filter bags aren't really necessary if you have some choice colas to press, but if you have a lot of smalls they are pretty much needed so you can be efficient with your pressure (as it contains the material)

Our bundle is available, it comes with the rectangle puck maker and 40pc 2x4" 160u filters for flower for $359

https://www.dabpress.com/collection...-diy-rosin-heat-plates?variant=19756490948681

Top Bottom