Dabpress Rosin Plates

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Hello everyone.

I have been playing around in the DIY rosin section, with hair straigtners and vices. Everyone told me to save my money and just buy a dabpress - did i lisern - no, and here i am.

So this time i want to buy right and buy once. I am going to have to sell off a few things to fund this - so will have plenty of time to think.

I must be able to pack the unit away and hide it in the loft. I am torn between the dp-bj6t35 and the dp-hr10t35v. I dont want to buy the 6 ton and later want the 10ton. I will mostly be squishing smaller amounts around 7g. How important is tonnage and a pressure guage?

The 10ton unit is smaller than the 6, but requires a seperate pump. Is it a problem to keep disconnecting the pump?

I understand you can take apart the 6ton and use the the uncaged plates in a another hydraulic press. Can you do the same with the 10ton? Are the plates cages or uncaged?

I am in the UK. Will i get charged customs if i buy from an EU warehouse? I heard something about a low value being declared is that true?The pre presses seems to come from china - will i get stung on customs fro those seperatley.

Lastly does anyone have a link to the pump available in the UK that is compatable?

tepictoton

I am sure they have the pump(and prepress) in EU warehouse too;)

Go with the 10t, you will not regret it. This way you can throw at about anything at it without any worries. Or you can press about anything in stead of throwing it and get some rosin too:brow:

elmomuzz

That just happened...
The 6 ton is all you will need. I have a friend with one and he is completely satisfied. Only if you are pressing 14+ grams regularly will you want (not need) more.

The remote pump is awkward. Disconnecting it means messing with a drop of hydraulic fluid.

Choose wisely. :)

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Only some have a drop of oil on occasion when connecting/disconnecting the pump, if you are only going to press 7g a day then the 3t would probably do fine, my 10g 40mm pucks would fit on the 3t plates.
I have a stuffed shoulder so I would not like any bottle jack pump press compared to the ease of use to pump separately from the press like the 10t not to mention driptech.

superdang9000

Flameo Hotman!
That was about the only thing I did not like(and no driptech) as heat rises extra stress will be imparted to the ram compared to being mounted below, no big deal but was one of the updates the HR10t35v got along with driptech.

Ahhh good point. And I vaguely recall some discussion of that now... does Dabpress (or maybe another company) have data for the implications of that extra heat? I know there are a few companies out there with a similar design/orientation. Does it drastically reduce the lifecycle of the cylinder, or is it minimal enough that the average presser may not notice? @psychonaut did tell me the mini press is a little more involved on the maintenance side of things, which doesn't bother me much -- although I think that was more in regards to disassembly.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Ahhh good point. And I vaguely recall some discussion of that now... does Dabpress (or maybe another company) have data for the implications of that extra heat? I know there are a few companies out there with a similar design/orientation. Does it drastically reduce the lifecycle of the cylinder, or is it minimal enough that the average presser may not notice? @psychonaut did tell me the mini press is a little more involved on the maintenance side of things, which doesn't bother me much -- although I think that was more in regards to disassembly.

Specs on the cylinders show a safe operating temperature between 40F - 105F, I assume that's ambient temperatures. The seals and fluid are able to handle up to ~180F. On the mini unit the ram will eventually start to soak up the heat that the insulation transfers, plus the radiant upward heat as well. I think a press session of 1 hour should be no problem though you may wanna monitor on the cylinder temperature to be sure.

superdang9000

Flameo Hotman!
Specs on the cylinders show a safe operating temperature between 40F - 105F, I assume that's ambient temperatures. The seals and fluid are able to handle up to ~180F. On the mini unit the ram will eventually start to soak up the heat that the insulation transfers, plus the radiant upward heat as well. I think a press session of 1 hour should be no problem though you may wanna monitor on the cylinder temperature to be sure.

Cool, thanks for the info, I'll test that with my temp gun. Don't think I'd have any reason to keep it running longer than an hour at a time, especially once the sauce plate gets here. :tup: Sounds like the HR10t35v is probably the better option of the two for people trying to crank out large amounts in series?

Last edited:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
I thought briefly about the rising heat and impact on the cylinder but then realised that for my personal use, I’m likely to do short sessions more often rather than hour-long multiple pressing sessions yielding loads of rosin. If I were to press loads of material at once then I wouldn’t be able to play with the new toy often enough!

And although I still want the capability to do bigger squishes if the need were to arise, honestly, the 6-ton AIO is more than enough press for my day-to-day needs. And while I personally prefer the separate pump over the integrated units, I would probably feel differently if I didn’t have a dedicated, permanent home for it. Sure glad that Roger made sure that dabpress has a range of solutions for different situations and desires.

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
I've been pressing the afternoon away - 43 grams in and 8.4 grams out.
Tried something new - mixed strains in the same press.
Thought it might help collection if I mixed a hard to collect strain with an easy to collect one - fail at 50/50 - will try 25 % difficult strain next time.
Mixed strain rosin doesn't taste like either strain when dabbed on ruby...
Homegrown black jack returned 24% but is a royal bitch to collect.
Off to make a batch of chocolates - dabpress FTW!

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
The 6 ton is all you will need. I have a friend with one and he is completely satisfied. Only if you are pressing 14+ grams regularly will you want (not need) more.

The remote pump is awkward. Disconnecting it means messing with a drop of hydraulic fluid.

Choose wisely. :)
Your mileage may vary...
I find the ability to obtain repeatable results with a pressure gauge is priceless. 10t all the way!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
A bit like climate control in your car, not needed but fuck they are nice to have, I don't know about pressing an oz at a time without bags could get interesting fast.(I only do 10 to 14g at a time myself, did my time of one bud squishin):2c:

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
While we are at gauges. What pressures does your parchment paper withstand?

I mainly pressed the small dabpress prepress bottletec pucks 5-7 grams or so. Sometimes flatter pucks too.

I most always pressed the parchment into small pieces. going up to max. 7500 psi on the gauge at the pump.
The last press I went with only 2500 psi and still the parchment went into pieces and got all brittle where it was pressed.
I am anxious to go lower because I expect too low yield.
I have not yet produced any blowout with my 160u bags from dabpress. At very high pressures they tear into pieces. But all no problem.

It might me the parchment scored at the grocery store as I cannot get Kirkland or something thicker locally and the RAW parchment is too expensive I think.

So how much pressure does your parchment support and what brand is it?

How does your preferred brand compare to the RAW parchment?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
7500psi! Fuck, titanium mesh would probably blowout at that.:razz:
The max I have gone to on a 40mm puck is 3500psi (after my normal finish psi of 2250 to 2500psi) at 221f or 105c just to see what happened, no ripped parchment (cheap no-name brand) and just some oily shit that was really dark green and was not worth trying to collect. (I had already pressed 1.96grams of rosin from the 10g puck):tup:

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
40mm in diameter?
Mine are around 2.8mm which is about half the surface. So your 3500 psi without ripped parchment would equal roughly 1750 psi on my pucks. Man that is low, haha. I'll have to make a mark on my gauge to easily find that. Lowest number is 2500. :D

Edit: Btw. Someone asked for an english supplier for the pump iirc (I hope it was not a post from 2018). Dabpress has a link to an english eBay seller on their site.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Dabpress make 2x bottle tech pre-press molds and bags to suit, 30mm or 40mm are their sizes
I did a 30mm kief puck a couple of days ago and went to 3500psi on that too after I was finished, just to make sure I got everything, no blowout or ripped parchment just dark oily shit the same as any other too high a pressure press that I do when making sure I have not left anything behind.
Oh yeah, my not so successful grinder kief press has me thinking about ditching my grinder pollen screens as it is not worth the time, for me anyway,
img_20191009_190951-jpg.13707

I had just under 10g of starting material,
img_20191011_182222-jpg.13708

I did a small flat pack envelope first up, 77 at 1500psi for 90 seconds total,

img_20191012_164318-jpg.13709

I took too long taking the picture and by the time I went to collect the rosin it was very brittle shatter so no more psychoanalysis pictures.
I repressed the same puck at the same temp with a bit more pressure then did a bottle tech squish with the rest the same way but up to 2500psi
Every squish looked like a similar product, dark and oily but soon all shatter...blacky tacky, 3.04g all up from the 9.45g starting point so not a great return for the effort,(I squished again at 3500psi and got little more than an oil slick that wasn't worth worrying about as it was very dark and barely a smear)

img_20191012_181354-jpg.13710

and,

img_20191013_125809-jpg.13727

I had a few puffs on the edges of the pucks with my terp pen and it is oily black tar when hot...still medicated very well but is not as nice as bubble hash rosin, I need to look into making a micron mesh trim table for sifting collection.
So, does the SpaceCase kief collector screen just push out?:myday:

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
So it must be the 30mm, I did measure the "plunger-cap". Anyway, I'll have to lower my pressure, but my parchment still tears up too fast compared to yours. I'll have a RAW run soon for comparisons sake.

Exactly my observation too with my no-name 4-piece alu grinder. The "pollen" collected did not really contain alot of trichome heads and was barely stronger than the weed it came from.
So I got me a SS 2-piece.
Your idea of a trim table is good. i would even add a mini frame with micron mesh to empty the grinder onto too. But first i would need to get good mesh in 2 or 3 sizes for a good price.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
Search for screen print mesh, 150 to 200 micron I have heard works good, I am looking at these to maybe collect some rosin fodder,
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HARVEST-MORE-TRIM-BIN-HYDROPONIC-TRAY-TRIM-TRAY-TRIMTRAY/183194180501?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

trimbin_3.jpg

A member on a different forum uses these and I like the look, just not the price, S/S mesh should last a long time though and are relaceable.
Wow what a beauty! :nod:
This looks like a great system. Very ergonomic! Just as you say, not cheap.
While S/S is surely the most durable, what about the "static tec" with a DVD cover and parchment paper for 99% clean dry sift? does it work with S/S or does it need plastic/nylon screens? Or is this tech already obsolete again lol.

I think 99% pure dry sift rosin would be the top with it's live brother as I heard it is possible to make fresh frozen dry sift nowadays ( I wonder how they do it).

Edit: A very kind soul once showed me: https://phytoca.eu/shop/16-glass-jars/53-glass-jar---7-ml/

Last edited:

MegaMan2k

Wow what a beauty! :nod:
This looks like a great system. Very ergonomic! Just as you say, not cheap.
While S/S is surely the most durable, what about the "static tec" with a DVD cover and parchment paper for 99% clean dry sift? does it work with S/S or does it need plastic/nylon screens? Or is this tech already obsolete again lol.

I think 99% pure dry sift rosin would be the top with it's live brother as I heard it is possible to make fresh frozen dry sift nowadays ( I wonder how they do it).

Edit: A very kind soul once showed me: https://phytoca.eu/shop/16-glass-jars/53-glass-jar---7-ml/

That was me xD lol ... Im currently using these and they are fantastic,
However, since i saw the price on .com amzon the 1euro per jar is starting to hurt :p

And also i was looking for some with white lids.

But i just found the secret way to getting white lids via phytoca, lol, :
Write comment on purchase for : White lids, clear or sandblasted glass-

i was very happy to hear this when i found out, im gonna hurt less for white lids, lol lol

TheFatBastard

Hi guys!

Totally new to dabs, bought a Flowerpot more than a year ago, but didn’t have any access to concentrates, so I only used it with flowers.

Lately, I’ve seen that “cheap” presses are for sale, and I’m seriously thinking about getting this one: https://m.dhgate.com/product/beauty...-decorative/228889553.html?invitorid=FNNNbi6d

I’ve been reading the last pages in this thread and I can not findany references/info (the search engine doesn’t let me search kp-1, too ahort), so I’d like your help / oppinion here.

I have access to a lot of flowers, and guess it can be a good tool to get some rosin and find new limits in my highs ( http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/w...-than-i-used-to-get.29291/page-6#post-1410424 ), though I’m a total newbie in concentrates.

Seems pretty easy to operate and price is not that high... any advices / alternatives?

Thanks in advance!

TheFatBastard,
Reactions: psychonaut
Top Bottom